|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Five and Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex tell the media that Cassie was away?
(a) She was being treated for depression.
(b) She was on a dig in Africa.
(c) To care for her sick father.
(d) To have their child.
2. In Chapter Two, what does Will recall his white mother doing for his father?
(a) Feeding him.
(b) Getting him out of prison.
(c) Covering up a murder.
(d) Ironing his shirts.
3. Who throws the woman overboard in the Eskimo legend that opens Chapter Ten?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) She jumps.
(d) An invisible spirit.
4. What happens when Alex has a nightmare in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) He gives Cassie a black eye.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He breaks a mirror and cuts himself.
(d) He tries to strangle Cassie.
5. What is Cyrus working on in Chapter Twenty?
(a) A crossword puzzle and knitting.
(b) A fishing lure.
(c) A wooden carving.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle and suduko.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Cassie that she is "dressed like a whore" on the night that Alex gets into a fight?
2. What best describes Cassie's demeanor while at Pine Ridge?
3. Who does Jane tell about her recalled profession in Chapter Three?
4. What does Alex do that results in Cassie getting a job promotion?
5. What does Alex teach Cassie to do after he catches her on her wayward horse?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)