Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
2. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
3. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
4. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
5. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding the train whistles. What do the train whistles symbolize for Madge and Millie? What do they ultimately symbolize for Flo?
Essay Topic 2
The role of the family is an important element in this story. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase characteristics of a family in America during the post-World War II era.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)