|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
2. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
3. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
4. For what does Howard thank Rosemary?
5. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are sisters, Madge and Millie seem very different. Compare and contrast Madge and Millie. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1950s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)