|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
2. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
3. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
4. How can Rosemary's behavior be characterized when she begs for Howard to marry her?
5. What is Howard's response to Rosemary's begging to go with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Rosemary. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play PICNIC when there is no scene actually set at a picnic? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The role of the family is an important element in this story. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase characteristics of a family in America during the post-World War II era.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)