|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of emotions is Rosemary experiencing when she begs Howard to marry her?
2. What is Howard's manner when Rosemary pleads for him to marry her?
3. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
4. What has Rosemary never required from Howard?
5. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Madge, Rosemary, Millie and Hal. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1950s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)