|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision must Howard make?
2. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
3. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
4. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
5. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding the train whistles. What do the train whistles symbolize for Madge and Millie? What do they ultimately symbolize for Flo?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Madge, Rosemary, Millie and Hal. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The role of the family is an important element in this story. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase characteristics of a family in America during the post-World War II era.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)