|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
2. What is Alan's demeanor when he arrives at the Owens house?
3. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
4. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
5. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Hal. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)