|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
2. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
3. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
4. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
5. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The role of the family is an important element in this story. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase characteristics of a family in America during the post-World War II era.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Madge. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)