|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
2. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
3. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
4. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
5. Who is packing this morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play PICNIC when there is no scene actually set at a picnic? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding the train whistles. What do the train whistles symbolize for Madge and Millie? What do they ultimately symbolize for Flo?
Essay Topic 3
Inge uses more than one iteration on the theme of beauty. Identify at least two themes about beauty in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)