|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
2. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
3. What does Madge feel for Hal?
4. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
5. What has Rosemary never required from Howard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
PICNIC is a classic story of metamorphosis and empowerment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)