|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hal apologize?
2. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
3. What decision must Howard make?
4. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
5. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
PICNIC is a classic story of metamorphosis and empowerment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are sisters, Madge and Millie seem very different. Compare and contrast Madge and Millie. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)