|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madge's demeanor?
2. What is Howard's response to Rosemary's begging to go with him?
3. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
4. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
5. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Hal. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Rosemary. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)