Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
2. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
3. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
4. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
5. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
PICNIC is set in the 1950s during a time of economic boom but sexual repression. What impact did these two factors have on the author? What impact did these factors have on his work, especially the PICNIC? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)