|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
2. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
3. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
4. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
5. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
Essay Topic 1
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1950s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are sisters, Madge and Millie seem very different. Compare and contrast Madge and Millie. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)