|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Hal headed?
2. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
3. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
4. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
5. What does Madge tell Hal after he kisses her goodnight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Inge uses more than one iteration on the theme of beauty. Identify at least two themes about beauty in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)