Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
2. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
3. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
4. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
5. What has Hal borrowed from Alan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
2. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
3. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
4. What is the mood between Madge and Hal when they return to the Owens house?
5. How does Alan respond when Madge apologizes for not going to the picnic the night before?
6. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
7. What is the nature of the sudden flurry of activity around Rosemary and Howard coming out of the house?
8. What does Millie dream of when she hears the train whistle in the distance?
9. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
10. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Madge. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Rosemary. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The role of the family is an important element in this story. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase characteristics of a family in America during the post-World War II era.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)