|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Mrs. Potts speaking at the play begins?
2. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
3. Where does Millie want to go on a train?
4. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
5. Where does Madge work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Madge and Hal meet?
2. Why is Rosemary in a flurry of activity this morning?
3. What is different about Rosemary's behavior with Hal when she begs him to marry her?
4. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
5. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
6. Explain how Madge and Hal declare their true feelings for each other.
7. Explain Madge's confusion regarding making love to Hal earlier tonight.
8. Describe Alan's ineffective response when he sees Hal with Madge.
9. What is the mood between Madge and Hal when they return to the Owens house?
10. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Hal. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Madge. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Rosemary. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)