|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She still loves Alan.
(b) She has to give her notice at work.
(c) She wants to go to college.
(d) She is afraid to leave her life.
2. What is Hal's demeanor?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is apologetic.
(c) He is surly.
(d) He is laughing.
3. How does Madge feel about making love with Hal?
4. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For not calling before he came over.
(b) For spilling coffee on her.
(c) For leading her on.
(d) For causing trouble.
5. What amazes Howard about Rosemary?
(a) How fast she can read.
(b) How fast she can talk.
(c) How fast she can dance.
(d) How fast she prepared to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
2. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
3. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
4. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
5. Who is packing this morning?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)