|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Howard promise to return?
(a) In the morning.
(b) Tomorrow night.
(c) Saturday night.
2. Hal tells Madge that Alan's father has ______________________.
(a) loaned him money.
(b) paid for a bus ticket.
(c) given him a job.
(d) reported him to the police.
3. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) At the picnic.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the porch.
4. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She is afraid to leave her life.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) She still loves Alan.
(d) She has to give her notice at work.
5. Howard says the evening was __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
2. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
3. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
4. What does Madge feel for Hal?
5. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)