|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For spilling coffee on her.
(b) For leading her on.
(c) For causing trouble.
(d) For not calling before he came over.
2. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
(a) Gone dancing.
(b) Watched a movie.
(c) Made love.
(d) Gone boating.
3. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a suitcase.
(b) a coffee pot.
(c) a jacket.
(d) a hat.
4. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(b) Gazes at the moon.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Goes inside the house.
5. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She has to give her notice at work.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) She is afraid to leave her life.
(d) She still loves Alan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
2. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
3. What is Rosemary wearing when she and Howard make their announcement?
4. What does Millie tell Alan?
5. How does Alan feel about Millie?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)