|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(b) If she'll go out with him.
(c) If she'll be going to college.
(d) If she'll tutor him.
2. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(a) In detox.
(b) The gutter.
(d) On a chain gang.
3. Where does Madge work?
(a) The dime store.
(b) The hamburger shop.
(c) The beauty salon.
(d) The coffee shop.
4. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
(c) A train whistle.
(d) Kids playing.
5. What does Millie do that Rosemary thinks is scandalous?
(a) Reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Madge Owens?
2. What is unusual about Madge?
3. Who is the owner of one of the homes where the action takes place?
4. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
5. On what American holiday does PICNIC begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
2. How does Act 2 begin?
3. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
4. How does Madge leave her mother's house?
5. What is different about Rosemary's behavior with Hal when she begs him to marry her?
6. Alan had indicated to Madge that he had "taken care of" Hal. What does Madge learn that that means?
7. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
8. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
9. How does Madge respond to Hal's vulnerability?
10. What does Hal share with Madge about his feelings of insecurity?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)