|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dances with Madge on the porch?
2. Who is the owner of one of the homes where the action takes place?
(a) Mrs. Freddie Myers.
(b) Mrs. Flo Owens.
(c) Mrs. Flo Jones.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Frank Orville.
3. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Pedal pushers and a crop top.
(c) A skirt and sweater.
(d) Slacks and a blouse.
4. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
(a) His past adventures.
(b) His goals to own his own business.
(c) His return to college.
(d) His lover for Madge.
5. How many times has Rosemary been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flo hear as she stands on her porch at the end of Act 1?
2. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
3. What time of day does Act 2 begin?
4. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
5. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Millie's concerns this afternoon?
2. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
3. What is the nature of the sudden flurry of activity around Rosemary and Howard coming out of the house?
4. Which characters live in the two homes?
5. Why is Flo obsessed with wanting Madge to marry Alan?
6. How does Madge respond to Hal's vulnerability?
7. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
8. What is the setting for the play?
9. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
10. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)