|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Millie wearing as Act 2 begins?
(b) Shorts and a T shirt.
(c) Halloween costume.
(d) A dress.
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Owens not say that Madge would have if she married Alan?
(a) Shopping trips.
(b) Lots of kids.
(c) A nice home.
(d) Country club membership.
3. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(a) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(c) Bootleg whiskey.
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
2. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
3. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
4. How old is Madge Owens?
5. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
2. Which two characters appear first in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does the author use the technique of irony regarding Rosemary's perceptions of Hal?
4. Why is Rosemary in a flurry of activity this morning?
5. What is the mood between Madge and Hal when they return to the Owens house?
6. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
7. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
8. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
10. Explain Madge's confusion regarding making love to Hal earlier tonight.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)