|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Madge work?
(a) The hamburger shop.
(b) The beauty salon.
(c) The coffee shop.
(d) The dime store.
2. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
3. Who is Howard?
(a) Flo's blind date.
(b) Rosemary's brother?
(c) Rosemary's boyfriend.
(d) Madge's date.
4. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
(b) good looks.
5. Who are Mrs. Owens' daughters?
(a) Madge and Millie.
(b) Midge and Mary.
(c) Madge and Mary Lou.
(d) Madge and Marion.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rosemary dance aggressively?
2. Why does Madge return to the house?
3. What time of day does Act 2 begin?
4. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
5. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rosemary and what is her outward opinion of men?
2. What is the mood between Howard and Rosemary when they arrive home?
3. How does Madge hurt Hal when he kisses her goodbye?
4. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
5. What do Hal and Madge symbolize for Rosemary?
6. Explain the metaphor that the Picasso pictures have in Millie's life.
7. Explain how Rosemary behaves in a humiliating manner with Hal because she is mad at Howard.
8. How does Howard evade the marriage question at least temporarily?
9. Which two characters appear first in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)