|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(b) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(d) Bootleg whiskey.
2. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
3. Of whom does Flo strongly disapprove?
4. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
(b) She doesn't have anything to take.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She has to get up early in the morning.
5. Who rescues Madge from the obnoxious Bomber?
(a) Mr. Potts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Millie and Hal out for Cokes?
2. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
3. What is unusual about Madge?
4. What does Bomber ask Madge?
5. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
2. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
3. What are Millie's concerns this afternoon?
4. How does Hal react when Madge rejects him?
5. What is the setting for the play?
6. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
7. What is Hal's demeanor when he returns to the Owens household?
8. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
9. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
10. Who is Hal and how is he introduced in the scene?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)