Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
(a) Go to a picnic.
(b) Go to a church social.
(c) Go to the prom.
(d) Go to the homecoming game.
2. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
(a) skiing in Switzerland.
(b) climbing Mt. Everest.
(c) traveling with a circus.
(d) deep-sea diving.
3. What is Millie anxious about?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Getting into college.
(c) Kissing Hal.
(d) Her final exams.
4. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
5. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
(a) Mrs. Helen Potts.
(b) Mrs. Harry Potter.
(c) Mrs. Helen Mountbatten.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Beeson.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mrs. Potts live?
2. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
3. For how long has Mrs. Potts hired Hal to work?
4. What has Hal borrowed from Alan?
5. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Rosemary's behavior with Hal when she begs him to marry her?
2. What are Flo's concerns about Millie this afternoon?
3. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
4. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
5. What is the mood between Howard and Rosemary when they arrive home?
6. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
7. How does Alan respond when Madge apologizes for not going to the picnic the night before?
8. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
9. What are Flo's intentions regarding Madge and her boyfriend, Alan?
10. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)