|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
2. Where do Rosemary and her two friends go?
(a) A political fundraiser.
(b) A matinee.
(c) A luncheon.
3. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
(a) Go to a picnic.
(b) Go to the prom.
(c) Go to a church social.
(d) Go to the homecoming game.
4. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(b) Sales clerk.
5. Why does Madge return to the house?
(a) To get a jacket.
(b) To get dressed.
(c) To turn off the lights.
(d) To pack the picnic basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
2. What is Millie wearing as Act 2 begins?
3. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
4. For how long has Mrs. Potts hired Hal to work?
5. In what state did Hal work on a ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alan had indicated to Madge that he had "taken care of" Hal. What does Madge learn that that means?
2. Which two characters appear first in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does Howard evade the marriage question at least temporarily?
4. How does Rosemary behave when Howard attempts to leave?
5. Explain how Madge and Hal declare their true feelings for each other.
6. Explain how Rosemary behaves in a humiliating manner with Hal because she is mad at Howard.
7. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
8. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
9. What are Flo's concerns about Millie this afternoon?
10. What is Hal's demeanor when he returns to the Owens household?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)