|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Tripping all the time.
(b) Her big ears.
(c) Not getting good grades.
(d) Her stuttering.
2. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(a) Sales clerk.
3. What does Millie do that Rosemary thinks is scandalous?
(a) Reads a book.
4. For how long has Mrs. Potts hired Hal to work?
(a) One year.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
5. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
(a) She gives him an hourly wage.
(b) She buys him dinner and a bus ticket.
(c) She gives him a weekly salary.
(d) She feeds him breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Millie anxious about?
2. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
3. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
4. What do Hal and Madge symbolize to Rosemary?
5. What does Bomber ask Madge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
2. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
3. What is the setting for the play?
4. Who is Rosemary and what is her outward opinion of men?
5. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
6. What are Flo's concerns about Millie this afternoon?
7. What is the mood between Howard and Rosemary when they arrive home?
8. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
9. How does Hal react when Madge rejects him?
10. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)