|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
(a) His past adventures.
(b) His return to college.
(c) His goals to own his own business.
(d) His lover for Madge.
2. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(a) In detox.
(b) The gutter.
(d) On a chain gang.
3. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) Lots of animosity.
(b) No relationship.
(c) Tolerate each other.
(d) Best friends.
4. What concerns Millie about boys?
(a) How to talk to them.
(b) Why they always want to grab her.
(c) If she will be kissed tonight.
(d) Playing on the summer ball team.
5. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
(a) Pedal pushers and a crop top.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A skirt and sweater.
(d) Slacks and a blouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
2. How old is Madge Owens?
3. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
4. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
5. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Madge mad at Millie in Act 2?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
4. Which characters live in the two homes?
5. Which two characters appear first in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
7. How are Rosemary's true feelings about men in stark contrast to her behavior?
8. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
9. What is the setting for the play?
10. Describe Alan's ineffective response when he sees Hal with Madge.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)