|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, Hal and Alan were __________________.
(a) on the football team.
(b) fraternity brothers.
(c) resident advisors.
2. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) He spills whiskey on her dress.
(b) He has stepped on her feet.
(c) She realizes he does not want her.
(d) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
3. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Her stuttering.
(b) Not getting good grades.
(c) Her big ears.
(d) Tripping all the time.
4. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
(a) A new suit.
(b) Text books.
(c) A Hollywood screen test.
(d) Tuition payment.
5. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) Lots of animosity.
(b) Tolerate each other.
(c) Best friends.
(d) No relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
2. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
3. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
4. What is Millie doing on the porch?
5. Who is Howard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the sudden flurry of activity around Rosemary and Howard coming out of the house?
2. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
3. What are Millie's concerns this afternoon?
4. What does Millie dream of when she hears the train whistle in the distance?
5. Explain Madge's confusion regarding making love to Hal earlier tonight.
6. What is the setting for the play?
7. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
8. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
9. How does Hal react when Madge rejects him?
10. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)