|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Millie spend the whole day talking?
2. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Makes him a drink.
3. Who took Millie and Hal out for Cokes?
4. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) Best friends.
(b) No relationship.
(c) Lots of animosity.
(d) Tolerate each other.
5. How does Hal behave around the women?
(a) Polite and comfortable.
(c) Outright rude.
(d) Polite but awkward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madge return to the house?
2. With whom does Rosemary dance aggressively?
3. What has Hal borrowed from Alan?
4. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
5. What does Bomber do when Madge tells him to leave her alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of the sibling rivalry between Madge and Millie?
2. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
3. How does Howard evade the marriage question at least temporarily?
4. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
5. What are Millie's concerns this afternoon?
6. How are Rosemary's true feelings about men in stark contrast to her behavior?
7. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing at the end of Act 1?
8. Who is Hal and how is he introduced in the scene?
9. What are the circumstances that let Madge and Hal alone?
10. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)