|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(a) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(b) Bootleg whiskey.
2. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
3. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
(a) Millie looks pretty.
(b) Millie should change her dress.
(c) Millie should not wear red.
(d) Millie needs some lipstick.
4. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) The pies she made for the picnic.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) Her beautiful daughters.
(d) The train whistle.
5. What has Hal borrowed from Alan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
2. What does Bomber ask Madge?
3. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
4. What does Flo hear as she stands on her porch at the end of Act 1?
5. What concerns Millie about boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
2. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
3. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
4. What is the mood between Madge and Hal when they return to the Owens house?
5. How does Alan respond when Madge apologizes for not going to the picnic the night before?
6. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
7. What is the nature of the sudden flurry of activity around Rosemary and Howard coming out of the house?
8. What does Millie dream of when she hears the train whistle in the distance?
9. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
10. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)