|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
(b) She wore her new dress.
(c) She got a stain on her white skirt.
(d) She broke her lipstick.
2. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Her stuttering.
(b) Not getting good grades.
(c) Her big ears.
(d) Tripping all the time.
3. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
(a) Pedal pushers and a crop top.
(b) A new dress.
(c) Slacks and a blouse.
(d) A skirt and sweater.
4. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) Her beautiful daughters.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) The train whistle.
(d) The pies she made for the picnic.
5. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(a) On a chain gang.
(b) The gutter.
(d) In detox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
2. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
3. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
4. With whom is Millie bickering on the porch at the Owens house?
5. Why does Flo send Millie to Helen's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two characters enter the scene after Howard and Rosemary exit?
2. How does Madge hurt Hal when he kisses her goodbye?
3. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
4. How does Rosemary behave when Howard attempts to leave?
5. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
6. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 begins?
7. Who is Rosemary and what is her outward opinion of men?
8. How does the author use the technique of irony regarding Rosemary's perceptions of Hal?
9. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
10. What are Flo's intentions regarding Madge and her boyfriend, Alan?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)