|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going to the picnic, Madge and Hal ______________.
(a) play cards.
(b) go out for coffee.
(c) make love.
(d) go to a movie.
2. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
(a) Her garden.
(b) Her needlework skills.
(c) Her annulled marriage.
(d) Her chocolate cake recipe.
3. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
(a) Wear lifts in his shoes.
(b) Shave his head.
(c) Speak with a French accent.
(d) Have his teeth fixed.
4. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
(a) Two girls robbed him at gunpoint.
(b) He gave it away to a beggar.
(c) He gambled in Las Vegas.
(d) He lost his wallet.
5. Why does Madge return to the house?
(a) To turn off the lights.
(b) To pack the picnic basket.
(c) To get dressed.
(d) To get a jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
2. What is Millie doing on the porch?
3. What is Millie wearing as Act 2 begins?
4. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
5. What is the setting for the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Howard evade the marriage question at least temporarily?
2. How does Alan respond when Madge apologizes for not going to the picnic the night before?
3. Which two characters appear first in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who is Rosemary and what is her outward opinion of men?
5. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
6. What are the circumstances that let Madge and Hal alone?
7. What are Flo's intentions regarding Madge and her boyfriend, Alan?
8. Explain Madge's confusion regarding making love to Hal earlier tonight.
9. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
10. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)