|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
(b) She has a new job.
(c) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(d) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
2. Where does Madge work?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) The beauty salon.
(c) The hamburger shop.
(d) The dime store.
3. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll tutor him.
(b) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(c) If she'll be going to college.
(d) If she'll go out with him.
4. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Holds him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Makes him a drink.
5. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(a) Sings Broadway tunes.
(b) Dances in the street.
(c) Runs into the house to vomit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
2. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
3. Who is Howard?
4. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
5. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hal and Madge symbolize for Rosemary?
2. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
3. How does Alan respond when Madge apologizes for not going to the picnic the night before?
4. Why is Rosemary in a flurry of activity this morning?
5. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
6. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
7. How does Hal react when Madge rejects him?
8. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
9. What are the circumstances that let Madge and Hal alone?
10. What does Hal share with Madge about his feelings of insecurity?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)