|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did Hal work on a ranch?
2. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(a) Sales clerk.
3. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
(a) A train whistle.
(d) Kids playing.
4. Why does Madge return to the house?
(a) To turn off the lights.
(b) To pack the picnic basket.
(c) To get dressed.
(d) To get a jacket.
5. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
(a) Change her dress.
(b) Bring the pies.
(c) Turn out the lights.
(d) Get a jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
2. How old is Madge Owens?
3. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
4. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
5. What is Millie doing on the porch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the metaphor that the Picasso pictures have in Millie's life.
2. What are the circumstances that let Madge and Hal alone?
3. What is the setting for the play?
4. What do Hal and Madge symbolize for Rosemary?
5. Explain how Madge and Hal declare their true feelings for each other.
6. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
7. How does the author use the technique of irony regarding Rosemary's perceptions of Hal?
8. Which characters live in the two homes?
9. What is the mood between Madge and Hal when they return to the Owens house?
10. Why is Madge mad at Millie in Act 2?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)