|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Mrs. Potts invite Hal?
(a) Christmas dinner.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A church social.
(d) A piano recital.
2. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
(a) A skirt and sweater.
(b) Slacks and a blouse.
(c) Pedal pushers and a crop top.
(d) A new dress.
3. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
4. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
(a) Millie should change her dress.
(b) Millie should not wear red.
(c) Millie needs some lipstick.
(d) Millie looks pretty.
5. Who is Howard?
(a) Rosemary's boyfriend.
(b) Rosemary's brother?
(c) Flo's blind date.
(d) Madge's date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
2. Where do Rosemary and her two friends go?
3. Which of the following does Mrs. Owens not say that Madge would have if she married Alan?
4. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
5. How many times has Rosemary been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hal and Madge symbolize for Rosemary?
2. How do Madge and Hal meet?
3. What is the mood between Howard and Rosemary when they arrive home?
4. Which two characters enter the scene after Howard and Rosemary exit?
5. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
6. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
7. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
8. What are Flo's concerns about Millie this afternoon?
9. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
10. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)