|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
(a) He was an outstanding athlete.
(b) He had many part time jobs.
(c) He was an excellent student.
(d) He tutored kids in trouble.
2. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
(a) His shorts.
(b) His haircut.
(c) His bare chest.
(d) His blue eyes.
3. Why does Hal say most of the fraternity brothers in college did not respect him?
(a) He had a poor upbringing.
(b) He didn't use proper grammar.
(c) He brought home the wrong kind of girls.
(d) He drank too much.
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. Who are Mrs. Owens' daughters?
(a) Madge and Marion.
(b) Madge and Millie.
(c) Madge and Mary Lou.
(d) Midge and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rosemary dance aggressively?
2. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
3. How has Madge spent her afternoon?
4. What does Alan tell Madge that his father is making him do?
5. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
3. What is the source of the sibling rivalry between Madge and Millie?
4. What is the nature of the sudden flurry of activity around Rosemary and Howard coming out of the house?
5. Who is Rosemary and what is her outward opinion of men?
6. Explain the metaphor that the Picasso pictures have in Millie's life.
7. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
8. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 begins?
9. How does Madge leave her mother's house?
10. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)