|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
(a) He was an outstanding athlete.
(b) He had many part time jobs.
(c) He tutored kids in trouble.
(d) He was an excellent student.
2. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(a) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(c) Bootleg whiskey.
3. How does Hal behave around the women?
(a) Outright rude.
(b) Polite but awkward.
(d) Polite and comfortable.
4. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
(a) His return to college.
(b) His lover for Madge.
(c) His past adventures.
(d) His goals to own his own business.
5. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
(a) Change her dress.
(b) Turn out the lights.
(c) Get a jacket.
(d) Bring the pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Madge?
2. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
3. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
4. Where does Millie want to go on a train?
5. Who is Madge's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hal's demeanor when he returns to the Owens household?
2. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
3. Why is Flo obsessed with wanting Madge to marry Alan?
4. How does Hal react when Madge rejects him?
5. What are Flo's intentions regarding Madge and her boyfriend, Alan?
6. What is the source of the sibling rivalry between Madge and Millie?
7. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
8. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
9. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
10. What do Hal and Madge symbolize for Rosemary?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)