|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Potts want Hal to take to the picnic?
2. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Tripping all the time.
(b) Not getting good grades.
(c) Her big ears.
(d) Her stuttering.
3. How does Hal behave around the women?
(a) Outright rude.
(b) Polite but awkward.
(d) Polite and comfortable.
4. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
(a) Hal and Alan.
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Rosemary and Howard.
(d) Flo and Millie.
5. With whom does Rosemary dance aggressively?
Short Answer Questions
1. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
2. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
3. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
4. Where does Millie want to go on a train?
5. What does Bomber ask Madge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
2. What are the circumstances that let Madge and Hal alone?
3. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
4. Which characters live in the two homes?
5. What is the mood between Howard and Rosemary when they arrive home?
6. Explain the metaphor that the Picasso pictures have in Millie's life.
7. What is Hal's demeanor when he returns to the Owens household?
8. How has the foreshadowing of the train come full circle for Madge by the end of the play?
9. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
10. What is different about Rosemary's behavior with Hal when she begs him to marry her?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)