|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
(a) Working as an insurance rep.
(b) Working as a bank teller.
(c) Working on a pipeline.
(d) Working in the mailroom.
2. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
(b) Kids playing.
(d) A train whistle.
3. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll tutor him.
(b) If she'll go out with him.
(c) If she'll be going to college.
(d) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
4. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
(a) Hal and Alan.
(b) Rosemary and Howard.
(c) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Flo and Millie.
5. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
(a) Go to the prom.
(b) Go to a picnic.
(c) Go to a church social.
(d) Go to the homecoming game.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
2. How old is Madge Owens?
3. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
4. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
5. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. Which characters live in the two homes?
3. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
4. What does Millie dream of when she hears the train whistle in the distance?
5. Who is Hal and how is he introduced in the scene?
6. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
7. What are the circumstances that let Madge and Hal alone?
8. What is the source of the sibling rivalry between Madge and Millie?
9. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
10. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)