|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Millie spend the whole day talking?
2. What is the setting for the play?
(a) A factory.
(b) The porches of two neighboring homes.
(c) A park.
(d) A school playground.
3. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
(a) He was an outstanding athlete.
(b) He was an excellent student.
(c) He tutored kids in trouble.
(d) He had many part time jobs.
4. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The living room.
(c) The porch.
(d) On a swing.
5. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
(a) A skirt and sweater.
(b) Pedal pushers and a crop top.
(c) A new dress.
(d) Slacks and a blouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
2. With whom is Mrs. Potts speaking at the play begins?
3. Where does Madge work?
4. What does Hal ask of Alan?
5. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Flo's concerns about Millie this afternoon?
2. How does Madge respond to Hal's vulnerability?
3. How does Hal enter the scene to talk to Madge?
4. What personal information does Hal share with Alan regarding his family and upbringing?
5. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
6. How does Madge leave her mother's house?
7. How does Madge hurt Hal when he kisses her goodbye?
8. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
9. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
10. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)