|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) The porch.
(b) On a swing.
(c) The living room.
(d) Her bedroom.
2. What is Hal's profession?
3. Where do Rosemary and her two friends go?
(a) A political fundraiser.
(b) A luncheon.
(c) A matinee.
4. Who does Mrs. Potts want Hal to take to the picnic?
5. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He won't give her any whiskey.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(d) He won't dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
2. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
3. Why does Flo send Millie to Helen's house?
4. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
5. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two characters enter the scene after Howard and Rosemary exit?
2. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
3. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 begins?
4. What are Flo's concerns about Millie this afternoon?
5. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
6. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
7. How does Howard evade the marriage question at least temporarily?
8. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
9. How does Rosemary behave when Howard attempts to leave?
10. How does Hal enter the scene to talk to Madge?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)