|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Holds him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Makes him a drink.
2. Who is Howard?
(a) Madge's date.
(b) Flo's blind date.
(c) Rosemary's brother?
(d) Rosemary's boyfriend.
3. Who are Mrs. Owens' daughters?
(a) Madge and Mary Lou.
(b) Midge and Mary.
(c) Madge and Marion.
(d) Madge and Millie.
4. In what state did Hal work on a ranch?
5. What is Millie doing on the porch?
(d) Swaying to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Rosemary been married?
2. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
3. How did Rosemary's tirade make Hal feel?
4. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
5. With whom does Mrs. Potts live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Madge's confusion regarding making love to Hal earlier tonight.
2. What decision does Madge make about her life at the end of the play?
3. What is Hal's demeanor when he returns to the Owens household?
4. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing at the end of Act 1?
5. Explain the metaphor that the Picasso pictures have in Millie's life.
6. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
7. How does the author use the technique of irony regarding Rosemary's perceptions of Hal?
8. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
9. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
10. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)