|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He won't give her any whiskey.
(c) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(d) He won't dance.
2. In what state did Hal work on a ranch?
3. How old is Madge Owens?
4. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
5. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
2. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
3. In what state does the play take place?
4. What does Flo confide to Madge?
5. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hal and Madge symbolize for Rosemary?
2. How does Millie try to soothe Alan who is obviously upset this morning?
3. How do Alan and Hal know each other?
4. What is Flo's response as she witnesses the interaction between Hal and Madge?
5. How does Rosemary behave when Howard attempts to leave?
6. What is the mood between Madge and Hal when they return to the Owens house?
7. How does Madge leave her mother's house?
8. How does Madge respond to Hal's vulnerability?
9. What does Hal share with Madge about his feelings of insecurity?
10. Which characters live in the two homes?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)