|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) To a movie.
(b) On a drive.
(c) The ice cream shop.
(d) Out to dinner.
2. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(a) Sales clerk.
3. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) On a swing.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The porch.
(d) The living room.
4. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(b) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
(c) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
(d) She has a new job.
5. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
(b) She doesn't have anything to take.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She has to get up early in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Madge from the obnoxious Bomber?
2. How has Madge spent her afternoon?
3. What is Millie doing on the porch?
4. Who is Madge's boyfriend?
5. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alan had indicated to Madge that he had "taken care of" Hal. What does Madge learn that that means?
2. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing at the end of Act 1?
3. How does Hal enter the scene to talk to Madge?
4. How do Madge and Hal meet?
5. What is Flo's response as she witnesses the interaction between Hal and Madge?
6. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
7. What does Rosemary's pleading behavior show about her true needs?
8. How does Act 2 begin?
9. Explain how Rosemary behaves in a humiliating manner with Hal because she is mad at Howard.
10. What is the mood between Howard and Rosemary when they arrive home?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)