|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
(a) His blue eyes.
(b) His bare chest.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His shorts.
2. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) The ice cream shop.
(b) On a drive.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To a movie.
3. In what state did Hal work on a ranch?
4. What concerns Millie about boys?
(a) Why they always want to grab her.
(b) How to talk to them.
(c) If she will be kissed tonight.
(d) Playing on the summer ball team.
5. Who dances with Madge on the porch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Madge Owens?
2. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
3. What does Flo confide to Madge?
4. How does Hal behave around the women?
5. Of whom does Flo strongly disapprove?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
2. Why is Rosemary in a flurry of activity this morning?
3. How has Rosemary's brutal honesty changed the way in which Howard perceives her?
4. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
5. Alan had indicated to Madge that he had "taken care of" Hal. What does Madge learn that that means?
6. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing in Act 2?
7. Explain how Madge and Hal declare their true feelings for each other.
8. Explain Madge's confusion regarding making love to Hal earlier tonight.
9. What does Millie do to mask her anger at the attraction between Madge and Hal?
10. What does Millie dream of when she hears the train whistle in the distance?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)