|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Makes him a drink.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Kisses him.
2. How many times has Rosemary been married?
3. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He won't give her any whiskey.
(b) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(c) He won't dance.
(d) He is drunk.
4. Where did Hal and Alan meet?
(a) In summer camp.
(b) In boarding school.
(c) In high school.
(d) In college.
5. What is Millie anxious about?
(a) Her final exams.
(b) Kissing Hal.
(c) Her appearance.
(d) Getting into college.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the play take place?
2. What is Millie doing on the porch?
3. With whom does Mrs. Potts live?
4. Where does Madge work?
5. Instead of going to the picnic, Madge and Hal ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Madge mad at Millie in Act 2?
2. Why is tonight a turning point in Madge's life?
3. How do Flo's real feelings about Hal become evident?
4. Who is Hal and how is he introduced in the scene?
5. How does Alan know that he no longer has a chance for a relationship with Madge?
6. What is Hal's demeanor when he returns to the Owens household?
7. Which characters live in the two homes?
8. What is the climax of the play which occurs in Act 2?
9. What does Millie tell Madge about her afternoon with Hal?
10. Which two characters appear first in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)