|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She begs him.
(b) She demands it.
(c) She teases him with the idea.
(d) She rationalizes it.
2. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
(a) They made love.
(b) They made plans to run away.
(c) They broke up.
(d) They had a huge fight.
3. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(b) Mrs. Potts.
4. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is hurt.
(d) She is confused.
5. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
(a) Yells at him.
(c) Runs to his arms.
(d) Apologizes for the previous night.
6. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
(b) After midnight.
7. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She stomps her foot.
(b) She pleads with him.
(c) She is coy.
(d) She demands it.
8. How does Alan feel about Millie?
(a) He can't stand to be in the same room with her.
(b) He has secretly loved her for years.
(c) He tolerates her because she is Madge's sister.
(d) He does not return her affection for him.
9. For what does Howard thank Rosemary?
(a) The evening.
(b) The pie.
(c) The theater tickets.
(d) The new coat.
10. Who is packing this morning?
11. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
(a) Los Angeles.
12. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Yells at him.
(d) Begs him.
13. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
(a) Calls for her mother.
(c) Pushes him away.
14. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
(a) They can't stand the sight of each other.
(b) They tolerate each other.
(c) They do not care for each other very much.
(d) They are very passionate.
15. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
(a) She falls apart.
(b) She throws a vase at him.
(c) She kicks him out.
(d) She goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge feel for Hal?
2. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
3. What is Howard's manner when Rosemary pleads for him to marry her?
4. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
5. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)