|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Madge fall in love?
2. Why is Madge crying?
(a) She spilled barbecue sauce on her dress.
(b) She broke up with Alan.
(c) She didn't get a college scholarship.
(d) She is upset by the evening's events.
3. What is Rosemary packing?
(a) Summer clothes.
(d) Winter clothes.
4. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
(a) Belittles her.
(b) Tells her it was not her fault.
(c) Refuses to acknowledge her apology.
(d) Drives away in his car.
5. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
(a) They do not care for each other very much.
(b) They tolerate each other.
(c) They are very passionate.
(d) They can't stand the sight of each other.
6. What has Rosemary never required from Howard?
(a) A steady date.
(b) A vacation trip.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A commitment.
7. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
(a) Leave and never come back.
(b) She has a little bit of money they can have.
(c) Please call as soon as they get settled.
(d) She will make them some sandwiches for the trip.
8. What are Rosemary and Howard doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Eating lunch.
(d) Returning home.
9. For what does Hal apologize?
(a) Being rude to Madge's friends.
(b) The intimate encounter with Madge.
(c) Spilling wine on Madge's dress.
(d) Stepping on Madge's feet while dancing.
10. How can Rosemary's behavior be characterized when she begs for Howard to marry her?
11. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
(a) They are getting married.
(b) They are going on vacation.
(c) They are getting a divorce.
(d) They are moving to Europe.
12. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
(a) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Two fellow teachers.
13. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
14. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
(a) Apologizes for the previous night.
(b) Runs to his arms.
(c) Yells at him.
15. How does Hal feel about himself when Madge tells him to go away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
2. What does Millie tell Alan?
3. When does Howard promise to return?
4. Who returns home with Madge?
5. What does Madge feel for Hal?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)