|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hal tell Madge he is going to do?
(a) Get a job in town.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Hop on a train.
(d) Move to New York.
2. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She teases him.
(b) She begs him.
(c) She asks him.
(d) She demands it.
3. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
4. How does Madge feel about making love with Hal?
5. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
(a) She throws a vase at him.
(b) She kicks him out.
(c) She goes to bed.
(d) She falls apart.
6. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
(a) They do not care for each other very much.
(b) They can't stand the sight of each other.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They are very passionate.
7. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
(c) Calls for her mother.
(d) Pushes him away.
8. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
9. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For leading her on.
(b) For causing trouble.
(c) For spilling coffee on her.
(d) For not calling before he came over.
10. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
(a) Leave with him.
(b) Go out dancing tonight.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Get him some coffee.
11. Whose house is bustling as the scene begins?
(c) Mrs. Potts'.
12. What is Hal's demeanor?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is apologetic.
(d) He is surly.
13. For what does Howard thank Rosemary?
(a) The evening.
(b) The pie.
(c) The new coat.
(d) The theater tickets.
14. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Go out with her girlfriends.
(d) Go shopping.
15. What is Howard's response to Rosemary's begging to go with him?
(d) We'll see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge feel for Hal?
2. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
3. How does Alan feel about Millie?
4. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
5. Why is Madge crying?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)