|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
(c) Fresh haircut.
2. What is Rosemary wearing when she and Howard make their announcement?
(a) A traveling suit.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A swim suit.
(d) A negligee.
3. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
(a) They tolerate each other.
(b) They do not care for each other very much.
(c) They can't stand the sight of each other.
(d) They are very passionate.
4. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Kisses her again.
(c) Beats his fist on the ground.
(d) Grabs her violently.
5. Who is packing this morning?
6. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For spilling coffee on her.
(b) For not calling before he came over.
(c) For leading her on.
(d) For causing trouble.
7. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
(a) She is fun.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She has money.
(d) She has great business connections.
8. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(b) Gazes at the moon.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Goes inside the house.
9. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
(a) Take her with him.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Move in with her.
(d) Take her to the picnic.
10. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She kicks him out.
(c) She throws a vase at him.
(d) She falls apart.
11. Whose house is bustling as the scene begins?
(b) Mrs. Potts'.
12. What amazes Howard about Rosemary?
(a) How fast she can talk.
(b) How fast she prepared to get married.
(c) How fast she can read.
(d) How fast she can dance.
13. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
(a) Drives away in his car.
(b) Tells her it was not her fault.
(c) Belittles her.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge her apology.
14. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He has to take his car in for service.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
(d) He knows he has lost Madge.
15. With whom does Madge fall in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to pick a fight with Hal?
2. With what gesture does Hal try to end the night?
3. What is Madge's demeanor?
4. To what city is Hal headed?
5. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)