|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
(a) His dog died.
(b) Madge did not show up at the picnic last night.
(c) He is leaving for college today.
(d) He wrecked his car.
2. How does Hal feel about himself when Madge tells him to go away?
3. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
(a) He talked to him.
(b) He does not say.
(c) He beat him up.
(d) He ran him out of town.
4. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
(a) She has money.
(b) She is fun.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She has great business connections.
5. What is Rosemary wearing when she and Howard make their announcement?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A negligee.
(c) A swim suit.
(d) A traveling suit.
6. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
7. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She has to give her notice at work.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) She still loves Alan.
(d) She is afraid to leave her life.
8. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
(a) They are getting a divorce.
(b) They are going on vacation.
(c) They are moving to Europe.
(d) They are getting married.
9. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
(a) Talk to Madge.
(b) Come to dinner tonight.
(c) Teach her to play golf.
(d) Drop Millie off at school.
10. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
(a) He is no match for Hal's strength.
(b) He doesn't want Madge to lose respect for him.
(c) He doesn't want to fight in front of the women.
(d) He does not believe in violence.
11. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
(c) Two fellow teachers.
(d) Mrs. Potts.
12. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She stomps her foot.
(b) She is coy.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She pleads with him.
13. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
(b) Los Angeles.
14. What are Rosemary and Howard doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Eating lunch.
(d) Returning home.
15. What is Howard's manner when Rosemary pleads for him to marry her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
2. What does Madge tell Hal after he kisses her goodnight?
3. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
4. When does Howard promise to return?
5. What is Rosemary packing?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)