|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is hurt.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is angry.
2. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Turns on the TV.
(c) Has a drink.
(d) Tries to leave.
3. To what city is Hal headed?
4. Whose house is bustling as the scene begins?
(c) Mrs. Potts'.
5. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
(a) They made love.
(b) They made plans to run away.
(c) They had a huge fight.
(d) They broke up.
6. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(a) Mrs. Potts.
7. What kind of husband does Flo tell Madge that Hal would be?
(b) He won't marry.
(c) About average.
8. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
9. What is Alan's response when Millie says she likes him?
(a) He is touched by her declaration of affection.
(b) He doesn't say anything.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He just smiles.
10. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
(d) Los Angeles.
11. What does Millie tell Alan?
(a) She has always like him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) Madge ran away last night.
(d) Madge doesn't want to see him.
12. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(a) Gazes at the moon.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Goes inside the house.
13. Howard says the evening was __________.
14. What does Madge feel for Hal?
(a) She is conflicted about her feelings.
(b) She cannot stand him.
(c) She feels nothing.
(d) She loves him.
15. What is Rosemary wearing when she and Howard make their announcement?
(a) A negligee.
(b) A traveling suit.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A swim suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
2. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
3. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
4. Why is Madge crying?
5. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)