|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
(a) Get him some coffee.
(b) Leave with him.
(c) Go out dancing tonight.
(d) Make him a sandwich.
2. For what does Hal apologize?
(a) The intimate encounter with Madge.
(b) Stepping on Madge's feet while dancing.
(c) Spilling wine on Madge's dress.
(d) Being rude to Madge's friends.
3. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
4. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a hat.
(b) a jacket.
(c) a coffee pot.
(d) a suitcase.
5. What day is it in this scene?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) The first day of Christmas vacation
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The first day of summer vacation.
6. How does Alan feel about Millie?
(a) He can't stand to be in the same room with her.
(b) He tolerates her because she is Madge's sister.
(c) He does not return her affection for him.
(d) He has secretly loved her for years.
7. What are Rosemary and Howard doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Returning home.
(d) Eating lunch.
8. Howard says the evening was __________.
9. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
(a) Tries to leave.
(b) Turns on the TV.
(c) Has a drink.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
10. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
(a) He will take her away.
(b) He will buy her a diamond ring.
(c) He will come back.
(d) He will buy her a house.
11. How does Madge feel about making love with Hal?
12. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
13. With what gesture does Hal try to end the night?
(a) A brief kiss.
(b) A handshake.
(c) A hug.
(d) A quick departure.
14. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For causing trouble.
(b) For leading her on.
(c) For spilling coffee on her.
(d) For not calling before he came over.
15. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
2. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
3. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
4. How does Hal feel about himself when Madge tells him to go away?
5. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)