|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard suddenly faced with?
(a) Business failure.
(b) He must make a decision.
(c) He is getting older.
(d) His own mortality.
2. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
(a) He doesn't want Madge to lose respect for him.
(b) He is no match for Hal's strength.
(c) He does not believe in violence.
(d) He doesn't want to fight in front of the women.
3. Whose house is bustling as the scene begins?
(b) Mrs. Potts'.
4. Hal tells Madge that Alan's father has ______________________.
(a) reported him to the police.
(b) given him a job.
(c) paid for a bus ticket.
(d) loaned him money.
5. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(c) Mrs. Potts.
6. What is Hal's demeanor?
(a) He is apologetic.
(b) He is surly.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is laughing.
7. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
(a) Turns on the TV.
(b) Has a drink.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Tries to leave.
8. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She still loves Alan.
(b) She has to give her notice at work.
(c) She is afraid to leave her life.
(d) She wants to go to college.
9. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For causing trouble.
(b) For leading her on.
(c) For not calling before he came over.
(d) For spilling coffee on her.
10. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
11. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
12. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She teases him.
(b) She demands it.
(c) She asks him.
(d) She begs him.
13. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
(a) Move in with her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Take her to the picnic.
(d) Take her with him.
14. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
(b) Los Angeles.
15. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is hurt.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosemary packing?
2. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
3. What kind of husband does Flo tell Madge that Hal would be?
4. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
5. How does Hal feel about himself when Madge tells him to go away?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)