|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
(a) They do not care for each other very much.
(b) They are very passionate.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They can't stand the sight of each other.
2. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) At the picnic.
3. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
(a) she hates Hal.
(b) Hal raped her.
(c) she wanted it to happen.
(d) it will never happen again.
4. With whom does Madge fall in love?
5. What are Rosemary and Howard doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Eating lunch.
(d) Returning home.
6. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
7. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
(a) She has great business connections.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is fun.
(d) She has money.
8. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
(a) Go out with her girlfriends.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Go to church.
9. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She teases him.
(b) She asks him.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She begs him.
10. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
11. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
(a) Madge did not show up at the picnic last night.
(b) He wrecked his car.
(c) His dog died.
(d) He is leaving for college today.
12. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
13. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For not calling before he came over.
(b) For spilling coffee on her.
(c) For leading her on.
(d) For causing trouble.
14. What does Howard do when he arrives at the Owen house?
(a) Shoots Hal.
(b) Beats on the front door.
(c) Sings under Rosemary's window.
(d) Demands to see Rosemary.
15. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Gazes at the moon.
(d) Goes inside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
2. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
3. What does Madge tell Hal after he kisses her goodnight?
4. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
5. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)