Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
(a) For stealing a car.
(b) For raping his daughter.
(c) For breaking his store windows.
(d) For taking money from his house.
2. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
(a) He beat him up.
(b) He ran him out of town.
(c) He talked to him.
(d) He does not say.
3. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(c) Mrs. Potts.
4. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
(a) Tells her it was not her fault.
(b) Drives away in his car.
(c) Belittles her.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge her apology.
5. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(b) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
(c) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(d) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
6. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She is afraid to leave her life.
(c) She has to give her notice at work.
(d) She still loves Alan.
7. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She teases him.
(b) She begs him.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She asks him.
8. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is fun.
(c) She has great business connections.
(d) She has money.
9. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
(a) Hal raped her.
(b) she hates Hal.
(c) she wanted it to happen.
(d) it will never happen again.
10. What is Alan's demeanor when he arrives at the Owens house?
11. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a coffee pot.
(b) a hat.
(c) a suitcase.
(d) a jacket.
12. What type of emotions is Rosemary experiencing when she begs Howard to marry her?
13. Why is Madge crying?
(a) She is upset by the evening's events.
(b) She broke up with Alan.
(c) She didn't get a college scholarship.
(d) She spilled barbecue sauce on her dress.
14. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
(a) Gone boating.
(b) Made love.
(c) Watched a movie.
(d) Gone dancing.
15. What is Hal's demeanor?
(a) He is apologetic.
(b) He is laughing.
(c) He is surly.
(d) He is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Rosemary and Howard doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What decision must Howard make?
3. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
4. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
5. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)