|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
(a) she wanted it to happen.
(b) it will never happen again.
(c) Hal raped her.
(d) she hates Hal.
2. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(b) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(c) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
(d) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
3. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
4. What does Millie tell Alan?
(a) She has always like him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) Madge ran away last night.
(d) Madge doesn't want to see him.
5. Howard says the evening was __________.
6. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
(a) She kicks him out.
(b) She goes to bed.
(c) She throws a vase at him.
(d) She falls apart.
7. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Take her with him.
(c) Take her to the picnic.
(d) Move in with her.
8. When does Howard promise to return?
(b) Saturday night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) Tomorrow night.
9. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
(a) He doesn't want Madge to lose respect for him.
(b) He is no match for Hal's strength.
(c) He does not believe in violence.
(d) He doesn't want to fight in front of the women.
10. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) At the picnic.
(d) On the porch.
11. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
(a) Drop Millie off at school.
(b) Come to dinner tonight.
(c) Talk to Madge.
(d) Teach her to play golf.
12. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
(a) Los Angeles.
13. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
(a) Leave and never come back.
(b) She will make them some sandwiches for the trip.
(c) Please call as soon as they get settled.
(d) She has a little bit of money they can have.
14. What is Rosemary packing?
(a) Summer clothes.
(b) Winter clothes.
15. What decision must Howard make?
(a) If he should take a new job.
(b) If he can marry a woman he doesn't know well.
(c) If he should run for mayor.
(d) If he can get funding for a start up venture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alan feel about Millie?
2. What does Hal tell Madge he is going to do?
3. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
4. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
5. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)