|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
(a) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Two fellow teachers.
2. How does Hal feel about himself when Madge tells him to go away?
3. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
(a) Make him a sandwich.
(b) Go out dancing tonight.
(c) Get him some coffee.
(d) Leave with him.
4. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
(a) They made plans to run away.
(b) They broke up.
(c) They made love.
(d) They had a huge fight.
5. What is Madge's demeanor?
(a) She is silent.
(b) She is laughing.
(c) She is sobbing.
(d) She is petulant.
6. How does Alan feel about Millie?
(a) He has secretly loved her for years.
(b) He can't stand to be in the same room with her.
(c) He tolerates her because she is Madge's sister.
(d) He does not return her affection for him.
7. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is hurt.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is angry.
8. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
9. What is Alan's demeanor when he arrives at the Owens house?
10. What does Millie tell Alan?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She has always like him.
(c) Madge ran away last night.
(d) Madge doesn't want to see him.
11. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
(a) He wrecked his car.
(b) His dog died.
(c) Madge did not show up at the picnic last night.
(d) He is leaving for college today.
12. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
(a) it will never happen again.
(b) she hates Hal.
(c) Hal raped her.
(d) she wanted it to happen.
13. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
(a) Calls for her mother.
(b) Pushes him away.
14. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) At the picnic.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the porch.
15. How does Madge feel about making love with Hal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
2. Who tries to pick a fight with Hal?
3. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
4. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
5. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)