|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) At the picnic.
(d) On the porch.
2. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(c) Early morning.
3. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
(a) They are going on vacation.
(b) They are moving to Europe.
(c) They are getting a divorce.
(d) They are getting married.
4. What decision must Howard make?
(a) If he can get funding for a start up venture.
(b) If he should take a new job.
(c) If he can marry a woman he doesn't know well.
(d) If he should run for mayor.
5. Whose house is bustling as the scene begins?
(b) Mrs. Potts'.
6. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(a) Goes inside the house.
(b) Gazes at the moon.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
7. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
(b) Fresh haircut.
8. For what does Hal apologize?
(a) The intimate encounter with Madge.
(b) Stepping on Madge's feet while dancing.
(c) Spilling wine on Madge's dress.
(d) Being rude to Madge's friends.
9. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She begs him.
(b) She rationalizes it.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She teases him with the idea.
10. What does Millie tell Alan?
(a) Madge ran away last night.
(b) She has always like him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) Madge doesn't want to see him.
11. What are Rosemary and Howard doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Returning home.
(d) Eating lunch.
12. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
13. Howard says the evening was __________.
14. Who tries to pick a fight with Hal?
15. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
(a) He does not say.
(b) He beat him up.
(c) He ran him out of town.
(d) He talked to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
2. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
3. Why is Madge crying?
4. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
5. When does Howard promise to return?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)