|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is packing this morning?
2. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She demands it.
(b) She teases him.
(c) She begs him.
(d) She asks him.
3. What day is it in this scene?
(a) The first day of school.
(b) The day after Thanksgiving.
(c) The first day of Christmas vacation
(d) The first day of summer vacation.
4. What amazes Howard about Rosemary?
(a) How fast she can read.
(b) How fast she prepared to get married.
(c) How fast she can talk.
(d) How fast she can dance.
5. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a jacket.
(b) a coffee pot.
(c) a hat.
(d) a suitcase.
6. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She still loves Alan.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) She is afraid to leave her life.
(d) She has to give her notice at work.
7. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He has to take his car in for service.
(b) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
(c) He knows he has lost Madge.
(d) He has to go to work.
8. What is Madge's demeanor?
(a) She is petulant.
(b) She is laughing.
(c) She is sobbing.
(d) She is silent.
9. What is Alan's demeanor when he arrives at the Owens house?
10. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
(a) Come to dinner tonight.
(b) Drop Millie off at school.
(c) Teach her to play golf.
(d) Talk to Madge.
11. For what does Hal apologize?
(a) Spilling wine on Madge's dress.
(b) The intimate encounter with Madge.
(c) Being rude to Madge's friends.
(d) Stepping on Madge's feet while dancing.
12. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
(a) He wrecked his car.
(b) He is leaving for college today.
(c) His dog died.
(d) Madge did not show up at the picnic last night.
13. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
14. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
(a) Go out dancing tonight.
(b) Leave with him.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Get him some coffee.
15. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) At the picnic.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
2. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
3. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
4. What does Hal tell Madge he is going to do?
5. What is Rosemary packing?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)