|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(a) Gazes at the moon.
(b) Goes inside the house.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
2. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
(c) He knows he has lost Madge.
(d) He has to take his car in for service.
3. What does Madge feel for Hal?
(a) She feels nothing.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She cannot stand him.
(d) She is conflicted about her feelings.
4. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
(a) His dog died.
(b) He is leaving for college today.
(c) Madge did not show up at the picnic last night.
(d) He wrecked his car.
5. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
6. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
7. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a coffee pot.
(b) a suitcase.
(c) a hat.
(d) a jacket.
8. Who tries to pick a fight with Hal?
9. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
(a) He does not believe in violence.
(b) He doesn't want to fight in front of the women.
(c) He is no match for Hal's strength.
(d) He doesn't want Madge to lose respect for him.
10. What is Alan's demeanor when he arrives at the Owens house?
11. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
(a) Leave with him.
(b) Get him some coffee.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Go out dancing tonight.
12. What does Flo ask Alan to do?
(a) Drop Millie off at school.
(b) Come to dinner tonight.
(c) Teach her to play golf.
(d) Talk to Madge.
13. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For leading her on.
(b) For spilling coffee on her.
(c) For causing trouble.
(d) For not calling before he came over.
14. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
(a) Refuses to acknowledge her apology.
(b) Tells her it was not her fault.
(c) Drives away in his car.
(d) Belittles her.
15. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
(a) He will buy her a diamond ring.
(b) He will come back.
(c) He will take her away.
(d) He will buy her a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
2. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
3. How does Madge feel about making love with Hal?
4. What is Hal's demeanor?
5. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)