|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
(a) She falls apart.
(b) She kicks him out.
(c) She goes to bed.
(d) She throws a vase at him.
2. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
(a) Grabs her violently.
(b) Beats his fist on the ground.
(c) Kisses her again.
(d) Slaps her.
3. What is Howard suddenly faced with?
(a) His own mortality.
(b) Business failure.
(c) He must make a decision.
(d) He is getting older.
4. When does Howard promise to return?
(b) Tomorrow night.
(c) Saturday night.
(d) In the morning.
5. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
(a) They had a huge fight.
(b) They made plans to run away.
(c) They made love.
(d) They broke up.
6. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
(a) He will buy her a house.
(b) He will come back.
(c) He will take her away.
(d) He will buy her a diamond ring.
7. What does Madge feel for Hal?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She feels nothing.
(c) She cannot stand him.
(d) She is conflicted about her feelings.
8. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Go out with her girlfriends.
9. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She demands it.
(b) She pleads with him.
(c) She stomps her foot.
(d) She is coy.
10. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He has to take his car in for service.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He knows he has lost Madge.
(d) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
11. What kind of husband does Flo tell Madge that Hal would be?
(a) He won't marry.
(c) About average.
12. What is Rosemary packing?
(c) Summer clothes.
(d) Winter clothes.
13. What type of emotions is Rosemary experiencing when she begs Howard to marry her?
14. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
(c) Fresh haircut.
15. What does Hal tell Madge he is going to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Get a job in town.
(c) Hop on a train.
(d) Move to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision must Howard make?
2. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
3. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
4. Whose house is bustling as the scene begins?
5. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)