|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Hal apologize?
(a) Being rude to Madge's friends.
(b) Stepping on Madge's feet while dancing.
(c) Spilling wine on Madge's dress.
(d) The intimate encounter with Madge.
2. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Go out with her girlfriends.
(d) Go to church.
3. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(c) Mrs. Potts.
4. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
(a) He beat him up.
(b) He ran him out of town.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He talked to him.
5. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He has to take his car in for service.
(b) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
(c) He knows he has lost Madge.
(d) He has to go to work.
6. What does Howard tell Rosemary?
(a) He can't wait to see her again.
(b) He thanks her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He hates her.
7. What is very obvious between Madge and Hal?
(a) They can't stand the sight of each other.
(b) They do not care for each other very much.
(c) They tolerate each other.
(d) They are very passionate.
8. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
(a) Kisses her again.
(b) Grabs her violently.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Beats his fist on the ground.
9. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
(a) Leave and never come back.
(b) She will make them some sandwiches for the trip.
(c) She has a little bit of money they can have.
(d) Please call as soon as they get settled.
10. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She demands it.
(b) She asks him.
(c) She begs him.
(d) She teases him.
11. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a jacket.
(b) a hat.
(c) a coffee pot.
(d) a suitcase.
12. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
13. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(b) Goes inside the house.
(c) Gazes at the moon.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
14. What does Howard do when he arrives at the Owen house?
(a) Beats on the front door.
(b) Shoots Hal.
(c) Sings under Rosemary's window.
(d) Demands to see Rosemary.
15. What does Millie tell Alan?
(a) Madge ran away last night.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She has always like him.
(d) Madge doesn't want to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
2. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
3. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
4. Who returns home with Madge?
5. With what gesture does Hal try to end the night?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)