|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
2. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Early morning.
3. What is Rosemary packing?
(c) Summer clothes.
(d) Winter clothes.
4. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
5. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is hurt.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is angry.
6. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
(a) For leading her on.
(b) For not calling before he came over.
(c) For spilling coffee on her.
(d) For causing trouble.
7. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
(a) Turns on the TV.
(b) Tries to leave.
(c) Has a drink.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
8. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She is coy.
(b) She stomps her foot.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She pleads with him.
9. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Begs him.
10. What day is it in this scene?
(a) The first day of school.
(b) The first day of summer vacation.
(c) The first day of Christmas vacation
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
11. For what does Howard thank Rosemary?
(a) The new coat.
(b) The evening.
(c) The theater tickets.
(d) The pie.
12. Hal tells Madge that Alan's father has ______________________.
(a) reported him to the police.
(b) paid for a bus ticket.
(c) loaned him money.
(d) given him a job.
13. What does Howard do when he arrives at the Owen house?
(a) Demands to see Rosemary.
(b) Shoots Hal.
(c) Sings under Rosemary's window.
(d) Beats on the front door.
14. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
(a) He is no match for Hal's strength.
(b) He does not believe in violence.
(c) He doesn't want Madge to lose respect for him.
(d) He doesn't want to fight in front of the women.
15. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She kicks him out.
(c) She falls apart.
(d) She throws a vase at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hal tell Madge he is going to do?
2. How does Alan feel about Millie?
3. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
4. With whom does Madge fall in love?
5. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)