|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She begs him.
(b) She teases him with the idea.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She rationalizes it.
2. How does Alan feel about Millie?
(a) He has secretly loved her for years.
(b) He can't stand to be in the same room with her.
(c) He tolerates her because she is Madge's sister.
(d) He does not return her affection for him.
3. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
(a) She will make them some sandwiches for the trip.
(b) Please call as soon as they get settled.
(c) Leave and never come back.
(d) She has a little bit of money they can have.
4. How does Madge feel about making love with Hal?
5. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
6. With what gesture does Hal try to end the night?
(a) A quick departure.
(b) A hug.
(c) A brief kiss.
(d) A handshake.
7. What type of emotions is Rosemary experiencing when she begs Howard to marry her?
8. What does Howard tell Rosemary?
(a) He thanks her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He can't wait to see her again.
9. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Begs him.
(c) Yells at him.
10. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
(a) Hal raped her.
(b) it will never happen again.
(c) she wanted it to happen.
(d) she hates Hal.
11. What is Rosemary packing?
(a) Winter clothes.
(d) Summer clothes.
12. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
(d) After midnight.
13. What is Alan's response when Millie says she likes him?
(a) He doesn't say anything.
(b) He is touched by her declaration of affection.
(c) He just smiles.
(d) He laughs at her.
14. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(b) Goes inside the house.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Gazes at the moon.
15. What amazes Howard about Rosemary?
(a) How fast she can dance.
(b) How fast she can read.
(c) How fast she can talk.
(d) How fast she prepared to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
2. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
3. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
4. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
5. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)