|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madge tell Hal after he kisses her goodnight?
(a) She is crazy about him.
(b) She doesn't say anything.
(c) She never wants to see him again.
(d) She wants to marry him.
2. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(d) Mrs. Potts.
3. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
(b) Pushes him away.
(d) Calls for her mother.
4. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Begs him.
5. What has Rosemary never required from Howard?
(a) A vacation trip.
(b) A birthday gift.
(c) A steady date.
(d) A commitment.
6. What does Flo tell Hal after Hal asks Madge to leave with him?
(a) Please call as soon as they get settled.
(b) Leave and never come back.
(c) She has a little bit of money they can have.
(d) She will make them some sandwiches for the trip.
7. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
(a) Take her to the picnic.
(b) Move in with her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Take her with him.
8. When does Howard promise to return?
(a) Tomorrow night.
(c) Saturday night.
(d) In the morning.
9. What time of day is it when Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
(a) After midnight.
10. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She still loves Alan.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) She is afraid to leave her life.
(d) She has to give her notice at work.
11. What does Howard tell Rosemary?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He thanks her.
(c) He can't wait to see her again.
(d) He hates her.
12. What day is it in this scene?
(a) The first day of school.
(b) The first day of Christmas vacation
(c) The first day of summer vacation.
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
13. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(b) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
(c) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(d) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
14. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(d) Early morning.
15. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
(a) Watched a movie.
(b) Gone boating.
(c) Gone dancing.
(d) Made love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
2. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
3. What is Alan's response when Millie says she likes him?
4. What has attracted Howard to Rosemary?
5. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)