|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(c) Mrs. Potts.
2. What is Howard's manner when Rosemary pleads for him to marry her?
3. Who is packing this morning?
4. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
(a) Belittles her.
(b) Tells her it was not her fault.
(c) Refuses to acknowledge her apology.
(d) Drives away in his car.
5. What decision must Howard make?
(a) If he should take a new job.
(b) If he can marry a woman he doesn't know well.
(c) If he can get funding for a start up venture.
(d) If he should run for mayor.
6. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She rationalizes it.
(b) She teases him with the idea.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She begs him.
7. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
8. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
(a) Made love.
(b) Gone boating.
(c) Gone dancing.
(d) Watched a movie.
9. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
(a) He wrecked his car.
(b) His dog died.
(c) Madge did not show up at the picnic last night.
(d) He is leaving for college today.
10. What does Rosemary do after Howard leaves?
(a) Goes inside the house.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Gazes at the moon.
11. How is Madge traveling to Tulsa?
12. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She stomps her foot.
(b) She pleads with him.
(c) She is coy.
(d) She demands it.
13. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a jacket.
(b) a coffee pot.
(c) a hat.
(d) a suitcase.
14. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(b) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
(c) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(d) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
15. What has Rosemary never required from Howard?
(a) A commitment.
(b) A birthday gift.
(c) A steady date.
(d) A vacation trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
2. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
3. When does Howard promise to return?
4. Why is Madge crying?
5. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)