|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hal's demeanor?
(a) He is apologetic.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is laughing.
(d) He is surly.
2. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
(a) Go out dancing tonight.
(b) Get him some coffee.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Leave with him.
3. What day is it in this scene?
(a) The first day of school.
(b) The first day of summer vacation.
(c) The first day of Christmas vacation
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
4. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
(a) He will buy her a diamond ring.
(b) He will take her away.
(c) He will buy her a house.
(d) He will come back.
5. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a coffee pot.
(b) a hat.
(c) a jacket.
(d) a suitcase.
6. Which of the following does not describe Hal when he appears at the Owens house?
(d) Fresh haircut.
7. What does Madge do after Hal kisses her goodnight?
(c) Pushes him away.
(d) Calls for her mother.
8. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
(b) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
(c) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(d) Gets her a job at his father's office.
9. Madge is upset about making love to Hal and she admits that _____________________.
(a) she wanted it to happen.
(b) it will never happen again.
(c) Hal raped her.
(d) she hates Hal.
10. Who arrives at the house to see Madge?
(b) Mrs. Potts.
11. Who tries to pick a fight with Hal?
12. What kind of husband does Flo tell Madge that Hal would be?
(c) He won't marry.
(d) About average.
13. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(d) Early morning.
14. How can Rosemary's behavior be characterized when she begs for Howard to marry her?
15. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
(a) They are moving to Europe.
(b) They are going on vacation.
(c) They are getting married.
(d) They are getting a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is packing this morning?
2. What is Rosemary's reaction when Howard refuses to take her with him?
3. How does Rosemary next approach Howard to marry her?
4. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
5. Why is Madge crying?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)