|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Alan's father reported Hal to the police?
(a) For taking money from his house.
(b) For breaking his store windows.
(c) For raping his daughter.
(d) For stealing a car.
2. What day is it in this scene?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) The first day of Christmas vacation
(c) The first day of summer vacation.
(d) The first day of school.
3. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
4. Why is Madge crying?
(a) She is upset by the evening's events.
(b) She spilled barbecue sauce on her dress.
(c) She broke up with Alan.
(d) She didn't get a college scholarship.
5. What is Howard's response to Rosemary's begging to go with him?
(d) We'll see.
6. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
(b) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
(c) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(d) Carries her suitcases to the car.
7. How does Alan feel about Millie?
(a) He can't stand to be in the same room with her.
(b) He has secretly loved her for years.
(c) He tolerates her because she is Madge's sister.
(d) He does not return her affection for him.
8. What is Howard's manner when Rosemary pleads for him to marry her?
9. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She pleads with him.
(b) She is coy.
(c) She stomps her foot.
(d) She demands it.
10. What does Madge tell Hal after he kisses her goodnight?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) She never wants to see him again.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She is crazy about him.
11. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a coffee pot.
(b) a jacket.
(c) a suitcase.
(d) a hat.
12. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
(a) Has a drink.
(b) Turns on the TV.
(c) Tries to leave.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
13. When does Howard promise to return?
(a) Tomorrow night.
(b) Saturday night.
(d) In the morning.
14. What does Alan say he has done to Hal?
(a) He beat him up.
(b) He talked to him.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He ran him out of town.
15. What is Rosemary wearing when she and Howard make their announcement?
(a) A swim suit.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A traveling suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
2. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
3. Who arrives at the house to pick up Rosemary?
4. Who is with Rosemary as Act 3, Scene 1 opens?
5. Hal tells Madge that Alan's father has ______________________.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)