|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard promise Rosemary?
(a) He will buy her a house.
(b) He will take her away.
(c) He will come back.
(d) He will buy her a diamond ring.
2. What does Howard do soon after dropping Rosemary at home?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Tries to leave.
(c) Turns on the TV.
(d) Has a drink.
3. What have Howard and Rosemary done this evening?
(a) Gone dancing.
(b) Watched a movie.
(c) Made love.
(d) Gone boating.
4. What decision must Howard make?
(a) If he should run for mayor.
(b) If he can marry a woman he doesn't know well.
(c) If he should take a new job.
(d) If he can get funding for a start up venture.
5. Hal tells Madge that Alan's father has ______________________.
(a) reported him to the police.
(b) given him a job.
(c) loaned him money.
(d) paid for a bus ticket.
6. With whom did Madge make love tonight?
7. Who tries to pick a fight with Hal?
8. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
9. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
(a) Beats his fist on the ground.
(b) Grabs her violently.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Kisses her again.
10. Where do Madge and Hal appear in the scene?
(a) At the picnic.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the porch.
11. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
(a) Runs to his arms.
(c) Apologizes for the previous night.
(d) Yells at him.
12. What is Rosemary wearing when she and Howard make their announcement?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A traveling suit.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A swim suit.
13. What does Alan do when Madge apologizes for the previous night?
(a) Refuses to acknowledge her apology.
(b) Tells her it was not her fault.
(c) Belittles her.
(d) Drives away in his car.
14. What can be said about Madge's state of mind at this point in the play?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is hurt.
15. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
(b) He knows he has lost Madge.
(c) He has to take his car in for service.
(d) He has to go to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Hal headed?
2. What does Hal ask Madge to do?
3. Howard says the evening was __________.
4. What does Rosemary beg Howard to do?
5. For what does Hal apologize?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)