|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard suddenly faced with?
(a) He is getting older.
(b) His own mortality.
(c) He must make a decision.
(d) Business failure.
2. For what does Howard thank Rosemary?
(a) The theater tickets.
(b) The new coat.
(c) The evening.
(d) The pie.
3. What should Rosemary be preparing to do?
(a) Go out with her girlfriends.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Go shopping.
4. What has Rosemary never required from Howard?
(a) A commitment.
(b) A steady date.
(c) A vacation trip.
(d) A birthday gift.
5. With what gesture does Hal try to end the night?
(a) A brief kiss.
(b) A hug.
(c) A quick departure.
(d) A handshake.
6. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She stomps her foot.
(b) She pleads with him.
(c) She demands it.
(d) She is coy.
7. What does Madge do after Hal leaves for the train?
8. Why does Alan leave the Owens house?
(a) He promised his father he would mow the lawn.
(b) He has to take his car in for service.
(c) He has to go to work.
(d) He knows he has lost Madge.
9. What does Madge do when she comes outside and sees Alan?
(a) Apologizes for the previous night.
(c) Runs to his arms.
(d) Yells at him.
10. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(b) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
(c) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(d) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
11. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
(a) Grabs her violently.
(b) Kisses her again.
(c) Beats his fist on the ground.
(d) Slaps her.
12. What is Alan's demeanor when he arrives at the Owens house?
13. What does Hal tell Madge he is going to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Hop on a train.
(c) Move to New York.
(d) Get a job in town.
14. What amazes Howard about Rosemary?
(a) How fast she can talk.
(b) How fast she can dance.
(c) How fast she can read.
(d) How fast she prepared to get married.
15. What type of emotions is Rosemary experiencing when she begs Howard to marry her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madge's demeanor?
2. For what does Hal apologize to Madge?
3. Why does Alan back away from a fight with Hal?
4. With whom does Madge fall in love?
5. Howard says the evening was __________.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)