|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement do Howard and Rosemary make?
(a) They are getting a divorce.
(b) They are going on vacation.
(c) They are moving to Europe.
(d) They are getting married.
2. What happened this evening between Madge and Hal?
(a) They made plans to run away.
(b) They made love.
(c) They had a huge fight.
(d) They broke up.
3. What time of day does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(b) Early morning.
4. Who does Alan say is to blame for the previous night?
5. How does Rosemary first approach Howard to marry her?
(a) She demands it.
(b) She teases him with the idea.
(c) She rationalizes it.
(d) She begs him.
6. What does Rosemary do when Howard tries to leave?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Begs him.
(d) Yells at him.
7. What is Madge's demeanor?
(a) She is laughing.
(b) She is sobbing.
(c) She is petulant.
(d) She is silent.
8. Madge reappears on the porch carrying _________________.
(a) a suitcase.
(b) a coffee pot.
(c) a hat.
(d) a jacket.
9. Why does Madge hesitate to leave with Hal?
(a) She is afraid to leave her life.
(b) She has to give her notice at work.
(c) She still loves Alan.
(d) She wants to go to college.
10. What does Madge tell Hal after he kisses her goodnight?
(a) She never wants to see him again.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She doesn't say anything.
(d) She is crazy about him.
11. Where does Madge tell her mother she is going?
(c) Los Angeles.
12. For what does Hal apologize?
(a) The intimate encounter with Madge.
(b) Spilling wine on Madge's dress.
(c) Stepping on Madge's feet while dancing.
(d) Being rude to Madge's friends.
13. What does Hal do when Madge tells him to go away?
(a) Grabs her violently.
(b) Kisses her again.
(c) Beats his fist on the ground.
(d) Slaps her.
14. What does Alan do for Rosemary?
(a) Gets her a job at his father's office.
(b) Carries her suitcases to the car.
(c) Loans her his car for her honeymoon trip.
(d) Gives her money for a wedding gift.
15. Hal tells Madge that Alan's father has ______________________.
(a) paid for a bus ticket.
(b) reported him to the police.
(c) given him a job.
(d) loaned him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Hal headed?
2. Why is Alan so upset this morning?
3. What amazes Howard about Rosemary?
4. How does Rosemary finally approach Howard to marry her?
5. For what does Howard thank Rosemary?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)