|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madge return to the house?
(a) To get dressed.
(b) To get a jacket.
(c) To turn off the lights.
(d) To pack the picnic basket.
2. Why does Hal say most of the fraternity brothers in college did not respect him?
(a) He didn't use proper grammar.
(b) He brought home the wrong kind of girls.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He had a poor upbringing.
3. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) On a drive.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) The ice cream shop.
(d) To a movie.
4. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) He spills whiskey on her dress.
(b) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
(c) He has stepped on her feet.
(d) She realizes he does not want her.
5. Who is Howard?
(a) Flo's blind date.
(b) Madge's date.
(c) Rosemary's brother?
(d) Rosemary's boyfriend.
6. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
(a) Go to a church social.
(b) Go to the homecoming game.
(c) Go to a picnic.
(d) Go to the prom.
7. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
(a) His shorts.
(b) His haircut.
(c) His blue eyes.
(d) His bare chest.
8. Where did Hal and Alan meet?
(a) In summer camp.
(b) In college.
(c) In high school.
(d) In boarding school.
9. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
10. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She has to get up early in the morning.
(c) She doesn't have anything to take.
(d) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
11. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(a) In detox.
(b) On a chain gang.
(d) The gutter.
12. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
13. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
(a) skiing in Switzerland.
(b) climbing Mt. Everest.
(c) deep-sea diving.
(d) traveling with a circus.
14. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
15. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bomber ask Madge?
2. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
3. In what state does the play take place?
4. What does Hal ask of Alan?
5. What time of day does the play begin?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)