|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rosemary and her two friends go?
(b) A luncheon.
(c) A matinee.
(d) A political fundraiser.
2. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(a) Dances in the street.
(c) Runs into the house to vomit.
(d) Sings Broadway tunes.
3. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
(a) Get a jacket.
(b) Change her dress.
(c) Bring the pies.
(d) Turn out the lights.
4. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
(a) being beautiful.
(d) doing dishes.
5. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
6. Why does Flo send Millie to Helen's house?
(a) To invite her to the picnic.
(b) To show Helen how nice Millie looks.
(c) To return garden shears.
(d) To borrow some sugar.
7. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) No relationship.
(b) Lots of animosity.
(c) Tolerate each other.
(d) Best friends.
8. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
(a) She is upset that Hal likes Madge.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She really likes the way it makes her feel.
(d) She has never tried it before.
9. What is Millie doing on the porch?
(b) Swaying to music.
10. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) He spills whiskey on her dress.
(b) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
(c) He has stepped on her feet.
(d) She realizes he does not want her.
11. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(b) Sales clerk.
12. Who are Mrs. Owens' daughters?
(a) Midge and Mary.
(b) Madge and Millie.
(c) Madge and Marion.
(d) Madge and Mary Lou.
13. How old is Madge Owens?
14. On what American holiday does PICNIC begin?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
15. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Her stuttering.
(b) Not getting good grades.
(c) Her big ears.
(d) Tripping all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the play?
2. What is Millie wearing as Act 2 begins?
3. What does Millie do that Rosemary thinks is scandalous?
4. Who is the owner of one of the homes where the action takes place?
5. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)