|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
(a) A new suit.
(b) Text books.
(c) Tuition payment.
(d) A Hollywood screen test.
2. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
(b) She wore her new dress.
(c) She broke her lipstick.
(d) She got a stain on her white skirt.
3. How does Hal behave around the women?
(a) Polite and comfortable.
(b) Polite but awkward.
(c) Outright rude.
4. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) Lots of animosity.
(b) Tolerate each other.
(c) Best friends.
(d) No relationship.
5. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Her big ears.
(b) Her stuttering.
(c) Not getting good grades.
(d) Tripping all the time.
6. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(a) Bootleg whiskey.
(b) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
7. What is unusual about Madge?
(a) One ear is lower than the other one.
(b) She has six toes on her left foot.
(c) She is exceptionally beautiful.
(d) She has one brown eye and one blue eye.
8. Where does Madge work?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) The hamburger shop.
(c) The dime store.
(d) The beauty salon.
9. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She really likes the way it makes her feel.
(c) She is upset that Hal likes Madge.
(d) She has never tried it before.
10. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) On a swing.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The porch.
11. What is the setting for the play?
(a) A factory.
(b) A park.
(c) A school playground.
(d) The porches of two neighboring homes.
12. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
(a) Turn out the lights.
(b) Change her dress.
(c) Bring the pies.
(d) Get a jacket.
13. Who is Madge's boyfriend?
14. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
(a) Mrs. Helen Mountbatten.
(b) Mrs. Helen Potts.
(c) Mrs. Harry Potter.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Beeson.
15. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
(a) traveling with a circus.
(b) deep-sea diving.
(c) skiing in Switzerland.
(d) climbing Mt. Everest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
2. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
3. Where do Rosemary and her two friends go?
4. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
5. On what American holiday does PICNIC begin?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)