|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dances with Madge on the porch?
2. How many times has Rosemary been married?
3. What time of day does Act 2 begin?
(c) Mid afternoon.
(d) Late afternoon.
4. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
(b) being beautiful.
(d) doing dishes.
5. With whom does Mrs. Potts live?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her invalid mother.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
6. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She has to get up early in the morning.
(c) She doesn't have anything to take.
(d) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
7. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
(a) like an x-ray.
(b) like a starving woman.
(c) with comtempt.
(d) with lust.
8. What time of day does the play begin?
(d) Early morning.
9. Who is Howard?
(a) Madge's date.
(b) Flo's blind date.
(c) Rosemary's boyfriend.
(d) Rosemary's brother?
10. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
(a) His return to college.
(b) His past adventures.
(c) His goals to own his own business.
(d) His lover for Madge.
11. Of whom does Flo strongly disapprove?
12. What does Alan tell Madge that his father is making him do?
(a) Return to college.
(b) Break up with her.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Get a haircut.
13. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
(b) A train whistle.
(d) Kids playing.
14. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
15. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) The pies she made for the picnic.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) The train whistle.
(d) Her beautiful daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Madge work?
2. What does Millie do that Rosemary thinks is scandalous?
3. What does Flo confide to Madge?
4. What concerns Millie about boys?
5. How did Rosemary's tirade make Hal feel?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)