|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
(a) She gives him a weekly salary.
(b) She feeds him breakfast.
(c) She gives him an hourly wage.
(d) She buys him dinner and a bus ticket.
2. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
(a) Take a night class.
(b) Marry Alan.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Go to college.
3. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
(a) Working as a bank teller.
(b) Working on a pipeline.
(c) Working in the mailroom.
(d) Working as an insurance rep.
4. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
5. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
(a) Get a jacket.
(b) Bring the pies.
(c) Change her dress.
(d) Turn out the lights.
6. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) Tolerate each other.
(b) Best friends.
(c) No relationship.
(d) Lots of animosity.
7. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) The living room.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The porch.
(d) On a swing.
8. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) The train whistle.
(b) The pies she made for the picnic.
(c) Her beautiful daughters.
(d) The beautiful weather.
9. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Makes him a drink.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Kisses him.
10. What does Flo hear as she stands on her porch at the end of Act 1?
(b) Train whistle.
(c) Piano practice.
(d) Bouncing ball.
11. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
12. What does Hal ask of Alan?
(a) A job with Alan's father's company.
(b) To get him a date with Madge.
(c) A loan for a couple hundred dollars.
(d) To go to their class reunion with him.
13. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
14. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
(a) Mrs. Harry Potter.
(b) Mrs. Helen Potts.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Beeson.
(d) Mrs. Helen Mountbatten.
15. Why does Flo send Millie to Helen's house?
(a) To borrow some sugar.
(b) To invite her to the picnic.
(c) To return garden shears.
(d) To show Helen how nice Millie looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flo confide to Madge?
2. What do Hal and Madge symbolize to Rosemary?
3. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
4. What does Alan tell Madge that his father is making him do?
5. With whom does Rosemary dance aggressively?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)