|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
(a) being beautiful.
(c) doing dishes.
2. What does Alan tell Madge that his father is making him do?
(a) Return to college.
(b) Get a haircut.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Break up with her.
3. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
(a) with comtempt.
(b) with lust.
(c) like a starving woman.
(d) like an x-ray.
4. What is unusual about Madge?
(a) She has one brown eye and one blue eye.
(b) She is exceptionally beautiful.
(c) She has six toes on her left foot.
(d) One ear is lower than the other one.
5. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She wore her new dress.
(b) She broke her lipstick.
(c) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
(d) She got a stain on her white skirt.
6. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(d) Sales clerk.
7. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
8. Who is the owner of one of the homes where the action takes place?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Frank Orville.
(b) Mrs. Freddie Myers.
(c) Mrs. Flo Owens.
(d) Mrs. Flo Jones.
9. What is Millie wearing as Act 2 begins?
(a) A dress.
(c) Shorts and a T shirt.
(d) Halloween costume.
10. Who dances with Madge on the porch?
11. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(c) Bootleg whiskey.
(d) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
12. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(a) On a chain gang.
(b) In detox.
(c) The gutter.
13. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(b) If she'll be going to college.
(c) If she'll go out with him.
(d) If she'll tutor him.
14. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
(a) good looks.
15. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) He has stepped on her feet.
(b) He spills whiskey on her dress.
(c) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
(d) She realizes he does not want her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
2. With whom does Mrs. Potts live?
3. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
4. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
5. What do Hal and Madge symbolize to Rosemary?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)