|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He won't dance.
(b) He won't give her any whiskey.
(c) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(d) He is drunk.
2. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
(a) His goals to own his own business.
(b) His lover for Madge.
(c) His past adventures.
(d) His return to college.
3. To what does Mrs. Potts invite Hal?
(a) Christmas dinner.
(b) A church social.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A piano recital.
4. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She got a stain on her white skirt.
(b) She wore her new dress.
(c) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
(d) She broke her lipstick.
5. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
(b) She has a new job.
(c) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(d) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
6. Why does Hal say most of the fraternity brothers in college did not respect him?
(a) He didn't use proper grammar.
(b) He brought home the wrong kind of girls.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He had a poor upbringing.
7. With whom does Rosemary dance aggressively?
8. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
9. Of whom does Flo strongly disapprove?
10. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To a movie.
(c) The ice cream shop.
(d) On a drive.
11. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
(a) Shave his head.
(b) Wear lifts in his shoes.
(c) Have his teeth fixed.
(d) Speak with a French accent.
12. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
(a) Take a night class.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Marry Alan.
(d) Cut her hair.
13. Who dances with Madge on the porch?
14. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
(a) Flo and Millie.
(b) Hal and Alan.
(c) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Rosemary and Howard.
15. Where does Millie want to go on a train?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
2. Who is Madge's boyfriend?
3. What do Hal and Madge symbolize to Rosemary?
4. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
5. Which of the following does Mrs. Owens not say that Madge would have if she married Alan?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)