|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, Hal and Alan were __________________.
(a) resident advisors.
(c) fraternity brothers.
(d) on the football team.
2. What does Flo hear as she stands on her porch at the end of Act 1?
(a) Piano practice.
(c) Bouncing ball.
(d) Train whistle.
3. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He won't give her any whiskey.
(b) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He won't dance.
4. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
(a) Mrs. Potts.
(b) Rosemary and Howard.
(c) Hal and Alan.
(d) Flo and Millie.
5. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(a) Sales clerk.
6. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Tripping all the time.
(b) Her big ears.
(c) Not getting good grades.
(d) Her stuttering.
7. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To a movie.
(c) On a drive.
(d) The ice cream shop.
8. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She has a new job.
(b) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(c) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
(d) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
9. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She doesn't have anything to take.
(b) She has a migraine.
(c) She has to get up early in the morning.
(d) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
10. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
11. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
12. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
(c) good looks.
13. What does Bomber do when Madge tells him to leave her alone?
(a) Goes home dejected.
(c) Tries to pressure her with crude, vulgar language.
(d) Slaps her.
14. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
(a) He tutored kids in trouble.
(b) He had many part time jobs.
(c) He was an excellent student.
(d) He was an outstanding athlete.
15. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Owens not say that Madge would have if she married Alan?
2. In what state did Hal work on a ranch?
3. Who is Madge's boyfriend?
4. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
5. With whom is Mrs. Potts speaking at the play begins?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)