|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(a) Dances in the street.
(c) Runs into the house to vomit.
(d) Sings Broadway tunes.
2. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(c) Sales clerk.
3. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
4. Why does Madge return to the house?
(a) To pack the picnic basket.
(b) To turn off the lights.
(c) To get a jacket.
(d) To get dressed.
5. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(a) In detox.
(c) The gutter.
(d) On a chain gang.
6. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(a) Bootleg whiskey.
(d) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
7. Which of the following does Mrs. Owens not say that Madge would have if she married Alan?
(a) Country club membership.
(b) Lots of kids.
(c) A nice home.
(d) Shopping trips.
8. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
(a) with lust.
(b) with comtempt.
(c) like a starving woman.
(d) like an x-ray.
9. What time of day does the play begin?
(c) Early morning.
10. In what state does the play take place?
11. On what American holiday does PICNIC begin?
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
12. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
(a) Millie should change her dress.
(b) Millie looks pretty.
(c) Millie needs some lipstick.
(d) Millie should not wear red.
13. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
(b) He has stepped on her feet.
(c) She realizes he does not want her.
(d) He spills whiskey on her dress.
14. With whom is Mrs. Potts speaking at the play begins?
15. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Makes him a drink.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
2. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
3. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
4. How has Madge spent her afternoon?
5. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)