|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
(a) Millie looks pretty.
(b) Millie should not wear red.
(c) Millie needs some lipstick.
(d) Millie should change her dress.
2. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She has to get up early in the morning.
(c) She doesn't have anything to take.
(d) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
3. For how long has Mrs. Potts hired Hal to work?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One hour.
4. Where does Millie want to go on a train?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
5. What is the setting for the play?
(a) A school playground.
(b) A park.
(c) The porches of two neighboring homes.
(d) A factory.
6. In college, Hal and Alan were __________________.
(b) resident advisors.
(c) fraternity brothers.
(d) on the football team.
7. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He won't give her any whiskey.
(b) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He won't dance.
8. What has Hal borrowed from Alan?
9. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She has a new job.
(b) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(c) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
(d) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
10. What do Hal and Madge symbolize to Rosemary?
(a) Her lost youth and beauty.
(b) Lost innocence.
(c) Hopeless romantics.
(d) Ill-fated lovers.
11. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) The ice cream shop.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To a movie.
(d) On a drive.
12. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
13. To what does Mrs. Potts invite Hal?
(a) Christmas dinner.
(b) A church social.
(c) A piano recital.
(d) A picnic.
14. What is unusual about Madge?
(a) She is exceptionally beautiful.
(b) One ear is lower than the other one.
(c) She has six toes on her left foot.
(d) She has one brown eye and one blue eye.
15. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
(a) Wear lifts in his shoes.
(b) Speak with a French accent.
(c) Shave his head.
(d) Have his teeth fixed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
2. What concerns Millie about boys?
3. With whom did Millie spend the whole day talking?
4. With whom is Mrs. Potts speaking at the play begins?
5. How does Hal behave around the women?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)