|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
(a) Text books.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A Hollywood screen test.
(d) Tuition payment.
2. What time of day does Act 2 begin?
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Mid afternoon.
3. Why does Millie steal sips of the whiskey?
(a) She is upset that Hal likes Madge.
(b) She has never tried it before.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She really likes the way it makes her feel.
4. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She has a new job.
(b) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
(c) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(d) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
5. How many times has Rosemary been married?
6. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
(a) Two girls robbed him at gunpoint.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) He gambled in Las Vegas.
(d) He gave it away to a beggar.
7. In what state does the play take place?
8. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
(b) She doesn't have anything to take.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She has to get up early in the morning.
9. What does Madge do to comfort Hal?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Holds him.
(c) Makes him a drink.
(d) Sings to him.
10. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
(c) He won't dance.
(d) He won't give her any whiskey.
11. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The porch.
(c) On a swing.
(d) The living room.
12. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
(a) Hal and Alan.
(b) Flo and Millie.
(c) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Rosemary and Howard.
13. With whom is Millie bickering on the porch at the Owens house?
14. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
15. How did Rosemary's tirade make Hal feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
2. What does Millie tease Madge about?
3. What do Mrs. Owens, Madge and Millie hear as they stand on their porch?
4. What does Hal ask of Alan?
5. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)