|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) Her beautiful daughters.
(b) The beautiful weather.
(c) The pies she made for the picnic.
(d) The train whistle.
2. Hal says that Rosemary looked at him ______________.
(a) with lust.
(b) like a starving woman.
(c) like an x-ray.
(d) with comtempt.
3. Who is the owner of one of the homes where the action takes place?
(a) Mrs. Flo Owens.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Frank Orville.
(c) Mrs. Flo Jones.
(d) Mrs. Freddie Myers.
4. Where does Rosemary want Howard to take her?
(a) On a drive.
(b) The ice cream shop.
(c) To a movie.
(d) Out to dinner.
5. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He won't give her any whiskey.
(c) He won't dance.
(d) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
6. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
(a) Go to the prom.
(b) Go to a picnic.
(c) Go to the homecoming game.
(d) Go to a church social.
7. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She wore her new dress.
(b) She broke her lipstick.
(c) She got a stain on her white skirt.
(d) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
8. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
9. What does Hal ask of Alan?
(a) A job with Alan's father's company.
(b) To go to their class reunion with him.
(c) A loan for a couple hundred dollars.
(d) To get him a date with Madge.
10. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(a) Sales clerk.
11. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(b) Runs into the house to vomit.
(c) Sings Broadway tunes.
(d) Dances in the street.
12. What is Millie anxious about?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Getting into college.
(c) Kissing Hal.
(d) Her final exams.
13. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
14. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
(b) being beautiful.
(d) doing dishes.
15. Of whom does Flo strongly disapprove?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
2. How many times has Rosemary been married?
3. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
4. Who is Howard?
5. What does Alan tell Madge that his father is making him do?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)