|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
(a) He tutored kids in trouble.
(b) He was an outstanding athlete.
(c) He was an excellent student.
(d) He had many part time jobs.
2. What is Millie anxious about?
(a) Kissing Hal.
(b) Getting into college.
(c) Her appearance.
(d) Her final exams.
3. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Not getting good grades.
(b) Her big ears.
(c) Tripping all the time.
(d) Her stuttering.
4. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
(c) good looks.
5. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(b) On a chain gang.
(c) The gutter.
(d) In detox.
6. What do Hal and Madge symbolize to Rosemary?
(a) Ill-fated lovers.
(b) Hopeless romantics.
(c) Her lost youth and beauty.
(d) Lost innocence.
7. How has Madge spent her afternoon?
(a) Doing her nails.
(c) Cooking and making sandwiches.
(d) Taking a nap.
8. What concerns Millie about boys?
(a) Why they always want to grab her.
(b) How to talk to them.
(c) If she will be kissed tonight.
(d) Playing on the summer ball team.
9. How did Rosemary's tirade make Hal feel?
10. Rosemary tells Flo that ____________ gave alcohol to Millie.
11. Who took Millie and Hal out for Cokes?
12. Where did Hal and Alan meet?
(a) In college.
(b) In summer camp.
(c) In boarding school.
(d) In high school.
13. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A Hollywood screen test.
(c) Tuition payment.
(d) Text books.
14. With whom is Millie bickering on the porch at the Owens house?
15. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
(a) Mrs. Helen Mountbatten.
(b) Mrs. Harry Potter.
(c) Mrs. Helen Potts.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Beeson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
2. In college, Hal and Alan were __________________.
3. What has Madge decided to wear to the picnic?
4. What is Hal's profession?
5. What does Flo hear as she stands on her porch at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)