|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie say that Hal talked about this afternoon?
(a) His lover for Madge.
(b) His past adventures.
(c) His return to college.
(d) His goals to own his own business.
2. How does Hal behave around the women?
(a) Outright rude.
(c) Polite and comfortable.
(d) Polite but awkward.
3. Who does Mrs. Potts want Hal to take to the picnic?
4. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She doesn't have anything to take.
(c) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
(d) She has to get up early in the morning.
5. What is Hal's profession?
6. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
(a) He gambled in Las Vegas.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) He gave it away to a beggar.
(d) Two girls robbed him at gunpoint.
7. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(b) If she'll be going to college.
(c) If she'll tutor him.
(d) If she'll go out with him.
8. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) The train whistle.
(b) The pies she made for the picnic.
(c) Her beautiful daughters.
(d) The beautiful weather.
9. Millie has decorated her room with copies of paintings by which artist?
10. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
(b) good looks.
11. Who does Flo tell Madge to ride with to the picnic?
(a) Rosemary and Howard.
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Flo and Millie.
(d) Hal and Alan.
12. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(b) Sings Broadway tunes.
(c) Dances in the street.
(d) Runs into the house to vomit.
13. What is Millie doing on the porch?
(b) Swaying to music.
14. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
(a) traveling with a circus.
(b) deep-sea diving.
(c) climbing Mt. Everest.
(d) skiing in Switzerland.
15. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Tripping all the time.
(b) Not getting good grades.
(c) Her stuttering.
(d) Her big ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
2. Of whom does Flo strongly disapprove?
3. What does Hal ask of Alan?
4. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
5. What are the characters preparing to do tonight?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)