|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Millie doing on the porch?
(c) Swaying to music.
2. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
(c) good looks.
3. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
(a) She gives him an hourly wage.
(b) She feeds him breakfast.
(c) She buys him dinner and a bus ticket.
(d) She gives him a weekly salary.
4. Rosemary tells Flo that ____________ gave alcohol to Millie.
5. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
6. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
(b) She wore her new dress.
(c) She got a stain on her white skirt.
(d) She broke her lipstick.
7. Why does Rosemary get angry with Howard?
(a) He won't give her any whiskey.
(b) He won't dance.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He doesn't want to go to the picnic.
8. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
9. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(b) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
(c) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
(d) She has a new job.
10. With whom is Mrs. Potts speaking at the play begins?
11. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She doesn't have anything to take.
(b) She has to get up early in the morning.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
12. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
13. What did the people in Hollywood tell Hal he would have to do to be on camera?
(a) Shave his head.
(b) Speak with a French accent.
(c) Have his teeth fixed.
(d) Wear lifts in his shoes.
14. What is Millie wearing as Act 2 begins?
(a) Halloween costume.
(b) Shorts and a T shirt.
(c) A dress.
15. With whom is Millie bickering on the porch at the Owens house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rosemary and her two friends go?
2. What does Flo hear as she stands on her porch at the end of Act 1?
3. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
4. Madge tells her mother that she is tired of ________________.
5. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)