|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the play?
(a) A park.
(b) The porches of two neighboring homes.
(c) A factory.
(d) A school playground.
2. Who rescues Madge from the obnoxious Bomber?
(c) Mr. Potts.
3. Who is the owner of one of the homes where the action takes place?
(a) Mrs. Flo Jones.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Frank Orville.
(c) Mrs. Freddie Myers.
(d) Mrs. Flo Owens.
4. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll be going to college.
(b) If she'll tutor him.
(c) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(d) If she'll go out with him.
5. What does Flo confide to Madge?
(a) She is worried that Madge is too serious with Alan.
(b) She is going on a blind date tomorrow.
(c) She is worried about Millie going to the picnic with Hal.
(d) She has a new job.
6. Who tries to tell Flo the truth about the alcohol?
7. How many times has Rosemary been married?
8. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
(a) Her needlework skills.
(b) Her annulled marriage.
(c) Her chocolate cake recipe.
(d) Her garden.
9. What does Alan tell Madge that his father is making him do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Break up with her.
(c) Get a haircut.
(d) Return to college.
10. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
(a) Take a night class.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Marry Alan.
(d) Cut her hair.
11. Alan had once loaned Hal $100 for what?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A Hollywood screen test.
(c) Tuition payment.
(d) Text books.
12. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
13. What is Millie doing on the porch?
(b) Swaying to music.
14. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
(a) Millie looks pretty.
(b) Millie should change her dress.
(c) Millie needs some lipstick.
(d) Millie should not wear red.
15. What does Flo comment on when she comes out onto the porch?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) The train whistle.
(c) The pies she made for the picnic.
(d) Her beautiful daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hal's profession?
2. Who are Mrs. Owens' daughters?
3. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
4. What does Hal ask of Alan?
5. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)