|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
(a) His haircut.
(b) His bare chest.
(c) His shorts.
(d) His blue eyes.
2. What is the nature of the relationship between Madge and Millie?
(a) No relationship.
(b) Best friends.
(c) Tolerate each other.
(d) Lots of animosity.
3. What time of day does Act 2 begin?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Mid afternoon.
4. What is Rosemary Snyder's profession?
(b) Sales clerk.
5. Who took Millie and Hal out for Cokes?
6. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll tutor him.
(b) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(c) If she'll be going to college.
(d) If she'll go out with him.
7. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
8. What does Hal ask of Alan?
(a) A loan for a couple hundred dollars.
(b) To get him a date with Madge.
(c) A job with Alan's father's company.
(d) To go to their class reunion with him.
9. How does Hal behave around the women?
(b) Polite but awkward.
(c) Outright rude.
(d) Polite and comfortable.
10. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(a) Runs into the house to vomit.
(b) Dances in the street.
(d) Sings Broadway tunes.
11. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) She realizes he does not want her.
(b) He spills whiskey on her dress.
(c) He has stepped on her feet.
(d) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
12. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
(a) She feeds him breakfast.
(b) She buys him dinner and a bus ticket.
(c) She gives him a weekly salary.
(d) She gives him an hourly wage.
13. What does Millie tease Madge about?
(a) Her big ears.
(b) Tripping all the time.
(c) Her stuttering.
(d) Not getting good grades.
14. What concerns Millie about boys?
(a) If she will be kissed tonight.
(b) Why they always want to grab her.
(c) Playing on the summer ball team.
(d) How to talk to them.
15. How many times has Rosemary been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hal lose his money in Nevada?
2. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
3. Two of Hal's past adventures include parachuting out of balloons and ____________________.
4. What is the setting for the play?
5. Millie says the local girls are impressed with Hal's ______________.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)