|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bomber ask Madge?
(a) If she'll be going to college.
(b) If she'll buy a magazine from him.
(c) If she'll go out with him.
(d) If she'll tutor him.
2. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Beeson.
(b) Mrs. Harry Potter.
(c) Mrs. Helen Potts.
(d) Mrs. Helen Mountbatten.
3. Who dances with Madge on the porch?
4. Why is Madge mad at Millie?
(a) She got a stain on her white skirt.
(b) She did not help get ready for the picnic.
(c) She wore her new dress.
(d) She broke her lipstick.
5. Where is Millie located as Act 2 begins?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The porch.
(c) The living room.
(d) On a swing.
6. Where does Rosemary shout that Hal belongs?
(b) The gutter.
(c) On a chain gang.
(d) In detox.
7. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
(a) She gives him a weekly salary.
(b) She feeds him breakfast.
(c) She gives him an hourly wage.
(d) She buys him dinner and a bus ticket.
8. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
9. What does Mrs. Owens try to convince Madge to do?
(a) Cut her hair.
(b) Take a night class.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Marry Alan.
10. What does Flo tell Madge not to allow any ____________ when the girls go out tonight.
11. What does Millie do that Rosemary thinks is scandalous?
(c) Reads a book.
12. With whom is Millie going to the picnic?
13. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
(a) Bootleg whiskey.
(c) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
14. What is the setting for the play?
(a) The porches of two neighboring homes.
(b) A park.
(c) A school playground.
(d) A factory.
15. What does Millie do after drinking the alcohol?
(a) Runs into the house to vomit.
(b) Dances in the street.
(c) Sings Broadway tunes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Madge from the obnoxious Bomber?
2. What is Millie's demeanor in the way she is dressed?
3. What does Hal ask of Alan?
4. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
5. What does Alan say about Hal's college days?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)