|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mrs. Potts live?
(a) Her invalid mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
2. What does Madge tell Millie about Millie's appearance?
(a) Millie should change her dress.
(b) Millie needs some lipstick.
(c) Millie should not wear red.
(d) Millie looks pretty.
3. Why does Rosemary refuse to go to the picnic?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She has to get up early in the morning.
(c) She doesn't have anything to take.
(d) She is embarrassed by her behavior with Hal.
4. What does Bomber do when Madge tells him to leave her alone?
(a) Goes home dejected.
(b) Tries to pressure her with crude, vulgar language.
(c) Slaps her.
5. On what American holiday does PICNIC begin?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
6. Why does Rosemary lash out at Hal?
(a) He tells her that her hairstyle is unflattering.
(b) He has stepped on her feet.
(c) He spills whiskey on her dress.
(d) She realizes he does not want her.
7. Who is the owner of the second home where some of the play's action occurs?
(a) Mrs. Helen Mountbatten.
(b) Mrs. Helen Potts.
(c) Mrs. Harry Potter.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Beeson.
8. What type of job does Alan say he can get for Hal?
(a) Working as a bank teller.
(b) Working in the mailroom.
(c) Working on a pipeline.
(d) Working as an insurance rep.
9. What does Flo tell Madge before she leaves for the picnic?
(a) Bring the pies.
(b) Change her dress.
(c) Get a jacket.
(d) Turn out the lights.
10. What payment does Mrs. Potts give Hal in exchange for his work?
(a) She buys him dinner and a bus ticket.
(b) She gives him a weekly salary.
(c) She gives him an hourly wage.
(d) She feeds him breakfast.
11. What do the women find shocking about Hal?
(a) His bare chest.
(b) His shorts.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His blue eyes.
12. What is Millie anxious about?
(a) Her final exams.
(b) Getting into college.
(c) Her appearance.
(d) Kissing Hal.
13. What do Rosemary and Flo talk about regarding Helen?
(a) Her garden.
(b) Her annulled marriage.
(c) Her chocolate cake recipe.
(d) Her needlework skills.
14. Who joins Rosemary and Millie while they dance?
15. What is Hal's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Howard brought with him this evening?
2. Which character is by herself as Act 2 begins?
3. How did Rosemary's tirade make Hal feel?
4. Where did Hal and Alan meet?
5. Where does Madge work?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)