|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boy Willie exhibits what emotion while attempting to move the piano for its potential buyer?
2. How much has the potential buyer promised to pay for the piano in relation to his previous offer?
3. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
4. Who does Lymon admit that he was interested in but wasn't quick enough to get to?
5. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Charles family spends a lot of time arguing about their family legacy. Choose one instance in which the Charles family attempts to discuss their family history. What object is used as a symbol for their family's legacy? How is that object treated by the family? How does the treatment of the object reflect the family history it will leave behind?
Essay Topic 2
The Ghosts of Yellow Dog are important characters within the recurring theme of revenge.
Part 1. Explain the way that the Ghosts of Yellow Dog came to be.
Part 2. Discuss the way that the Ghosts of Yellow Dog exacted their revenge.
Part 3. Briefly discuss the various ways that the townsfolk viewed the acts that were considered to be the work of the Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
Essay Topic 3
Storytelling proves to be one of the most powerful elements of information transfer throughout the play. Choose one story that was told during the course of the play, explain the story's significance, and discuss how this story is an example of the importance of storytelling in the Charles family culture.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)