Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
2. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
3. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
5. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
Essay Topic 1
Music is another way for the Charles family to preserve their family history.
Part 1. Create a list of three scenes within the play during which music is present.
Part 2. Explain why the music of the play acts as a symbol of the Charles family history.
Part 3. Choose two characters from the Charles family and compare / contrast their relationship to music. This comparison could be regarding the piano music or the family singing.
Essay Topic 2
Berniece finds herself in many romantic relationships throughout the course of the play. Briefly describe the three romantic relationships that she has and list the positive and negative aspects of each relationship in Berniece's life.
Essay Topic 3
The Charles family spends a lot of time arguing about their family legacy. Choose one instance in which the Charles family attempts to discuss their family history. What object is used as a symbol for their family's legacy? How is that object treated by the family? How does the treatment of the object reflect the family history it will leave behind?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)