Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
2. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
3. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
5. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
Essay Topic 1
The text of "The Piano Lesson" is presented as a play rather than straight prose. What reasons do you think August Wilson had to present his story this way? What was gained in the form of stage writing? What was lost?
Essay Topic 2
Berniece finds herself in many romantic relationships throughout the course of the play. Briefly describe the three romantic relationships that she has and list the positive and negative aspects of each relationship in Berniece's life.
Essay Topic 3
Storytelling proves to be one of the most powerful elements of information transfer throughout the play. Choose one story that was told during the course of the play, explain the story's significance, and discuss how this story is an example of the importance of storytelling in the Charles family culture.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)