Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
2. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
3. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
5. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
Essay Topic 1
The railroads of the town are extremely significant throughout the play.
Part 1. Explain the symbolism of a railroad as it pertains to Boy Willie's life.
Part 2. Explain the reasons why the railroad is important in Doaker's life.
Part 3. Explain why the railroad has come to be an important element in the supernatural elements of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Storytelling proves to be one of the most powerful elements of information transfer throughout the play. Choose one story that was told during the course of the play, explain the story's significance, and discuss how this story is an example of the importance of storytelling in the Charles family culture.
Essay Topic 3
The piano itself is arguably the strongest symbol in the entire play, standing in as a symbol for the Charles family as a whole but also for the members of the family as individuals. Choose one member of the Charles family and explain how the piano acts as a unique symbol for that character's storyline. Briefly discuss that character's relationship with the piano as a result of that symbolism.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)