|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The thwarting character emerges from what room to stop the pair from moving the piano?
2. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
3. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
4. What does Wining Boy do when Boy Willie tries to move him from the piano?
5. With whom does Lymon end up spending the night after he returns home from his date?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Charles family spends a lot of time arguing about their family legacy. Choose one instance in which the Charles family attempts to discuss their family history. What object is used as a symbol for their family's legacy? How is that object treated by the family? How does the treatment of the object reflect the family history it will leave behind?
Essay Topic 2
The railroads of the town are extremely significant throughout the play.
Part 1. Explain the symbolism of a railroad as it pertains to Boy Willie's life.
Part 2. Explain the reasons why the railroad is important in Doaker's life.
Part 3. Explain why the railroad has come to be an important element in the supernatural elements of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Both Cleotha and Crawley are remembered by their mourning spouses throughout the play. Explain how Crawley and Cleotha died and compare/contrast the ways that their spouses keep their memories alive.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)