|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives to the final scene late, searching for Lymon to go to the movies?
2. What are the final words spoken in the play before the stage lights fade to black?
3. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
4. The thwarting character emerges from what room to stop the pair from moving the piano?
5. Who does Berniece order out of the room once she pulls the gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Cleotha and Crawley are remembered by their mourning spouses throughout the play. Explain how Crawley and Cleotha died and compare/contrast the ways that their spouses keep their memories alive.
Essay Topic 2
There are many examples of prisons throughout this play, which are figurative, symbolic, and literal. Choose two examples of imprisonments that the characters find themselves in and compare/contrast the impact of the imprisonment in one of the character's lives. Briefly explain what that character does to fight against the various imprisonments in his or her life.
Essay Topic 3
The Charles family spends a lot of time arguing about their family legacy. Choose one instance in which the Charles family attempts to discuss their family history. What object is used as a symbol for their family's legacy? How is that object treated by the family? How does the treatment of the object reflect the family history it will leave behind?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)