Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
2. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
3. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
5. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
Essay Topic 1
The idea of supernatural beings within the Charles home is particularly strong in relation to Sutter's ghost.
Part 1. Give three examples of moments in which one or more members of the Charles family feels the presence of Sutter's spirit in their home.
Part 2. Briefly explain the reasons suggested for Sutter's stalking of the Charles family, and particularly, his spirit's apparent presence within the piano.
Part 3. Explain the various ways that members of the Charles family attempt to get rid of Sutter's spirit.
Essay Topic 2
The Ghosts of Yellow Dog are important characters within the recurring theme of revenge.
Part 1. Explain the way that the Ghosts of Yellow Dog came to be.
Part 2. Discuss the way that the Ghosts of Yellow Dog exacted their revenge.
Part 3. Briefly discuss the various ways that the townsfolk viewed the acts that were considered to be the work of the Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
Essay Topic 3
The exorcism in the final scene of the play proves to be a powerful symbol for the way that the family has chosen to move forward. Create a list of three things that the exorcism symbolizes in the play. Choose two characters and explain how their roles were pivotal in the success of the final exorcism.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)