|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
2. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
3. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
4. Which character openly discusses his hopes of finding a good job and bettering his life?
5. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of this play has special significance within the meaning of the play. What do you think is the true "piano lesson," and why do you think August Wilson chose to title his play this way?
Essay Topic 2
Boy Willie and Berniece have an equal claim to the piano in the play. Explain the reason why the siblings have come into possession of the piano. Compare/contrast the way that both of the siblings view the piano's place in their past and their future.
Essay Topic 3
This history of slavery within the Charles family repeats itself throughout the text. Briefly explain the ways that slavery has affected the Charles family in the past, the present, and the future?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)