|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boy Willie exhibits what emotion while attempting to move the piano for its potential buyer?
2. What is the real name of the Yellow Dog railway?
3. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
4. Who did Boy Willie beg to resurrect his dead pet?
5. What does Lymon say that he is looking for in a relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams prove to be an interesting and important way for characters in the text to receive divine messages. Avery's dream, in particular, is given the most symbolic weight within the story. Explain the symbolism of Avery's dream as it relates to his future and the themes within the play as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Both Cleotha and Crawley are remembered by their mourning spouses throughout the play. Explain how Crawley and Cleotha died and compare/contrast the ways that their spouses keep their memories alive.
Essay Topic 3
Berniece finds herself in many romantic relationships throughout the course of the play. Briefly describe the three romantic relationships that she has and list the positive and negative aspects of each relationship in Berniece's life.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)