|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Lymon give to Berniece about her relationship with Avery?
2. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
3. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
4. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
5. Boy Willie thinks that Berniece is teaching Maretha to live where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Cleotha and Crawley are remembered by their mourning spouses throughout the play. Explain how Crawley and Cleotha died and compare/contrast the ways that their spouses keep their memories alive.
Essay Topic 2
The Charles family spends a lot of time arguing about their family legacy. Choose one instance in which the Charles family attempts to discuss their family history. What object is used as a symbol for their family's legacy? How is that object treated by the family? How does the treatment of the object reflect the family history it will leave behind?
Essay Topic 3
The Ghosts of Yellow Dog are important characters within the recurring theme of revenge.
Part 1. Explain the way that the Ghosts of Yellow Dog came to be.
Part 2. Discuss the way that the Ghosts of Yellow Dog exacted their revenge.
Part 3. Briefly discuss the various ways that the townsfolk viewed the acts that were considered to be the work of the Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)