|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Avery's new landlord?
2. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
3. What advice does Lymon give to Berniece about her relationship with Avery?
4. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
5. Who arrives to the final scene late with rope to move the piano?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The women in this play are portrayed as weak in comparison to the men in the play. Choose one female character in the play and give two examples of the ways that they are overpowered by the male characters. Then, discuss the female character's reaction to the overpowering male characters.
Essay Topic 2Berniece finds herself in many romantic relationships throughout the course of the play. Briefly describe the three romantic relationships that she has and list the positive and negative aspects of each relationship in Berniece's life.
Essay Topic 3Even though there are many characters who have passed away in the play, the living characters seem to believe that they are still able to communicate with the dead. Give two examples of moments within the play that living characters attempt to speak with the dead. Compare / contrast their methods of speaking with the dead and compare / contrast the outcome of their "conversations."
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)