Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
2. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
3. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
5. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
Essay Topic 1
This history of slavery within the Charles family repeats itself throughout the text. Briefly explain the ways that slavery has affected the Charles family in the past, the present, and the future?
Essay Topic 2
The title of this play has special significance within the meaning of the play. What do you think is the true "piano lesson," and why do you think August Wilson chose to title his play this way?
Essay Topic 3
Because of the history of slavery within the Charles family, there is another prevalent theme of revenge, since the men in the Charles family desire to steal back what was stolen from them by the Sutters.
Part 1. Briefly describe one scene of revenge within the play.
Part 2. Explain why the Charles family member acting on revenge thought that this would earn them back what was stolen.
Part 3. Explain the outcome of the revengeful act. In your opinion. Was it worth the risk of being caught?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)