|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Cut off her hair.
(c) Sell the piano.
(d) Wash the floors.
2. After Lymon comes home from work and changes, what does he want to go into the city looking for?
(a) Another job.
(c) A new truck.
(d) His father.
3. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
4. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(b) Boy Willie.
5. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(c) Mama Ola.
6. What is the last name of the family that the story focuses on?
7. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
(c) Boy Willie.
8. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
(b) Sutter's wife.
(c) Sutter's son.
(d) Sutter's mother.
9. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Following Maretha to school.
(c) Chasing after Boy Willie.
(d) Staring at Berniece while she slept.
10. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
(a) They sell none.
(b) They sell every last one.
(c) A little.
(d) Nearly all.
11. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
12. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) The piano.
(b) His suit.
(c) Sheets of music.
(d) His car.
13. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
14. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) Their money keeps getting stolen.
(b) Their fruit keeps rotting.
(c) Their truck keeps breaking down.
(d) The two men keep bickering.
15. Who does Wining Boy reveal he helped bail out of jail?
(a) Lymon's cousin.
(b) Lymon's brother.
(d) Lymon's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
2. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
3. What instrument does Boy Willie hope to sell to make a bit of money?
4. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
5. How does the Ghost of the Yellow Dog kill the mob members as revenge for Boy Charles' death?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)