|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymon wants to go to what city, hoping for better treatment from white people?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
2. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
(b) Cow intestines.
(c) Ham hocks.
(d) Collard greens.
3. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
(c) Boy Willie.
4. Berniece claims she saw what before she left the house on the day that Wining Boy went to the city?
(a) Sutter's ghost.
(b) The ghost of Yellow Dog.
(c) Her father's face.
(d) Dark shadows dancing.
5. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is terrified at the possibility.
(b) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(c) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(d) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
6. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Wash the floors.
(c) Sell the piano.
(d) Cut off her hair.
7. The piano is stolen from the Sutter home during which holiday celebration?
(b) Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
8. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
(a) An advanced jig.
(b) A dreamy lullabye.
(c) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(d) A beginner's song.
9. What does Berniece do for a living?
(a) Washes laundry.
(b) Tutors children.
(c) Repairs automobiles.
(d) Cleans houses.
10. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
11. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) Business advice.
(b) A wife.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A loan.
12. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
13. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
(a) His house.
(b) His piano.
(c) His land.
(d) His crops.
14. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
(a) Rich white neighborhoods.
(b) Poor black neighborhoods.
(c) Poor white neighborhoods.
(d) Rich black neighborhoods.
15. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the movie theater.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At the swimming pool.
(d) At the general store.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
2. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
3. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
4. What does Wining Boy carry with him that has a weight as heavy as a piano?
5. Which character believes that life would be much easier if people stayed at home and appreciated their lives instead of traveling?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)