|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character admits to having spent time in prison?
(a) Uncle Doaker.
(d) Boy Willie.
2. What does Avery do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a preacher.
(c) He is a blacksmith.
(d) He is a carpenter.
3. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
(a) A beginner's song.
(b) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(c) An advanced jig.
(d) A dreamy lullabye.
4. What does Doaker do for a living?
(a) He is a cook.
(b) He is a steward.
(c) He performs maintenance.
(d) He is a conductor.
5. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the general store.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At the swimming pool.
(d) At the movie theater.
6. How does Boy Willie react to the story of Boy Charles' death?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is stunned.
7. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was a traveling chef.
(b) He was a window washer.
(c) He was an elevator operator.
(d) He was a hotel concierge.
8. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(c) Wining Boy.
9. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Hanging laundry.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Mopping floors.
10. What name was the ghost repeating?
(b) Mama Ola.
(c) Uncle Doaker.
(d) Boy Willie.
11. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
(b) Wining Boy.
12. How much money does Wining Boy ask for as a loan from Doaker?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
13. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is terrified at the possibility.
(b) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(c) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(d) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
14. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(b) Boy Willie.
15. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
(a) Uncle Doaker's.
(c) Mama Ola's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
2. What color is the ghost wearing?
3. What is the name of Wining Boy's late ex-wife?
4. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
5. Which character becomes very emotional and attacks Boy Willie upon seeing the piano moved?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)