|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(d) As much as he wants.
2. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(d) Wining Boy.
3. What is the name of Wining Boy's late ex-wife?
4. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
(b) Sutter's son.
(c) Sutter's mother.
(d) Sutter's wife.
5. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
(a) Boy Willie.
(d) Uncle Doaker.
6. Lymon wants to go to what city, hoping for better treatment from white people?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
7. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
8. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was a window washer.
(b) He was a hotel concierge.
(c) He was an elevator operator.
(d) He was a traveling chef.
9. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(a) Mama Ola.
10. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
(c) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
11. Which member of the Sutter family desperately wanted the piano?
12. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) He received no money.
(d) Ten dollars.
13. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the movie theater.
(b) At the swimming pool.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At the train station.
14. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
15. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Cut off her hair.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Sell the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
2. Who does Wining Boy reveal he helped bail out of jail?
3. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
4. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
5. What sound is heard by the characters who attempt to move the piano?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)