|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lymon comes home from work and changes, what does he want to go into the city looking for?
(b) A new truck.
(c) His father.
(d) Another job.
2. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) A dreamy lullabye.
(b) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(c) A beginner's song.
(d) An advanced jig.
3. Which character becomes very emotional and attacks Boy Willie upon seeing the piano moved?
4. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(b) He is terrified at the possibility.
(c) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(d) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
5. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) A wife.
(b) Business advice.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A loan.
6. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
7. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
(a) Staring at Berniece while she slept.
(b) Following Maretha to school.
(c) Chasing after Boy Willie.
(d) Playing the piano.
8. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) He received no money.
(d) Ten dollars.
9. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Thirty years.
10. What instrument does Boy Willie hope to sell to make a bit of money?
(a) A cello.
(b) A piano.
(c) A drum kit.
(d) A trombone.
11. Which of the following characters does NOT attempt to move the piano?
(b) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
12. What does Wining Boy carry with him that has a weight as heavy as a piano?
(a) His talent.
(b) His guilt.
(c) His questions.
(d) HIs fears.
13. What sound is heard by the characters who attempt to move the piano?
14. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
(a) Boy Willie.
(b) Wining Boy.
15. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
(a) Lymon's mother.
(b) Lymon's sister.
(c) Lymon's cousin.
(d) Lymon's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lymon's last name?
2. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
3. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
4. How does the Ghost of the Yellow Dog kill the mob members as revenge for Boy Charles' death?
5. When Wining Boy returns from the city, where has Berniece gone?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)