|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Doaker suspect Berniece is having a relationship with?
(b) Wining Boy.
2. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Three days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
4. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the movie theater.
(b) At the swimming pool.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the general store.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(a) Boy Willie.
6. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
7. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) He received no money.
(d) Five dollars.
8. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was a hotel concierge.
(b) He was a window washer.
(c) He was an elevator operator.
(d) He was a traveling chef.
9. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
(a) He shot him.
(b) He stabbed him.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He set him on fire.
10. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Willie.
11. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
(a) Rich white neighborhoods.
(b) Poor black neighborhoods.
(c) Poor white neighborhoods.
(d) Rich black neighborhoods.
12. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
13. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
(a) His piano.
(b) His house.
(c) His crops.
(d) His land.
14. Who carved the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) Doaker's son.
(b) Doaker's grandfather.
(d) Doaker's father.
15. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(b) Mama Ola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was the ghost repeating?
2. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
3. What does Doaker do for a living?
4. When Wining Boy returns from the city, where has Berniece gone?
5. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)