|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) An advanced jig.
(b) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(c) A dreamy lullabye.
(d) A beginner's song.
2. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the swimming pool.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At the movie theater.
3. What sound is heard by the characters who attempt to move the piano?
4. What is the last name of the family that the story focuses on?
5. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(b) He is terrified at the possibility.
(c) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(d) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
6. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(b) Boy Willie.
7. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) His car.
(b) Sheets of music.
(c) His suit.
(d) The piano.
8. Which of the following characters does NOT attempt to move the piano?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
9. How does Boy Willie react to the story of Boy Charles' death?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is enraged.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is stunned.
10. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
(a) Collard greens.
(b) Ham hocks.
(d) Cow intestines.
11. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Chasing after Boy Willie.
(c) Following Maretha to school.
(d) Staring at Berniece while she slept.
12. What is the name of Wining Boy's late ex-wife?
13. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
14. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
15. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Sell the piano.
(b) Cut off her hair.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
2. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
3. What is Lymon's last name?
4. Which character believes that life would be much easier if people stayed at home and appreciated their lives instead of traveling?
5. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)