|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wining Boy reveal he helped bail out of jail?
(a) Lymon's brother.
(b) Lymon's cousin.
(d) Lymon's father.
2. Berniece claims she saw what before she left the house on the day that Wining Boy went to the city?
(a) Dark shadows dancing.
(b) Sutter's ghost.
(c) The ghost of Yellow Dog.
(d) Her father's face.
3. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
(a) The music.
(b) The keys.
(c) The legs.
(d) The wood.
4. Whose faces are carved into the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) His and his wife's face.
(b) His slaves' faces.
(c) His parents' faces.
(d) His children's faces.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
(a) Wining Boy.
(c) Boy Charles.
(d) Boy Willie.
6. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
(a) Uncle Doaker's.
(c) Mama Ola's.
7. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Three days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Three years.
8. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
(a) Nearly all.
(b) They sell none.
(c) They sell every last one.
(d) A little.
9. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
(d) Boy Willie.
10. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
(a) He threatens to burn it.
(b) He threatens to stomp it to dust.
(c) He threatens to chop it in half.
(d) He threatens to steal it in the night.
11. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
(a) A new piano.
(b) Sutter's land.
(c) More fruit.
(d) A new car.
12. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
13. Which character is afraid to sleep upstairs alone?
14. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Sell the piano.
(b) Cut off her hair.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Read the Bible.
15. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
(a) The Whitmans.
(b) The Nolanders.
(c) The Benedicts.
(d) The Montagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
2. Where does Berniece bring her daughter at the end of the first act, in the first scene?
3. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
4. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
5. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)