|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was an elevator operator.
(b) He was a hotel concierge.
(c) He was a traveling chef.
(d) He was a window washer.
2. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
(a) He stabbed him.
(b) He set him on fire.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He shot him.
3. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) A wife.
(b) Business advice.
(c) A loan.
(d) A place to stay.
4. What does Wining Boy carry with him that has a weight as heavy as a piano?
(a) His guilt.
(b) His questions.
(c) HIs fears.
(d) His talent.
5. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At the swimming pool.
(d) At the general store.
6. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Hanging laundry.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Mopping floors.
7. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
(b) Mama Ola's.
(c) Uncle Doaker's.
8. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
(b) Sutter's mother.
(c) Sutter's son.
(d) Sutter's wife.
9. Berniece claims she saw what before she left the house on the day that Wining Boy went to the city?
(a) Dark shadows dancing.
(b) Her father's face.
(c) The ghost of Yellow Dog.
(d) Sutter's ghost.
10. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
11. Which member of the Sutter family desperately wanted the piano?
12. Which character becomes very emotional and attacks Boy Willie upon seeing the piano moved?
13. Which character admits to having spent time in prison?
(b) Uncle Doaker.
(c) Boy Willie.
14. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Willie.
15. Which character is afraid to sleep upstairs alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Wining Boy ask for as a loan from Doaker?
2. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
3. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
4. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
5. How did Sutter's wife feel about the trade of her slaves for the piano?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)