|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
(a) He threatens to stomp it to dust.
(b) He threatens to steal it in the night.
(c) He threatens to chop it in half.
(d) He threatens to burn it.
2. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
3. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
(a) Boy Willie.
4. Lymon wants to go to what city, hoping for better treatment from white people?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
5. After Lymon comes home from work and changes, what does he want to go into the city looking for?
(b) A new truck.
(c) His father.
(d) Another job.
6. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
(c) Uncle Doaker's.
(d) Mama Ola's.
7. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
8. What name was the ghost repeating?
(a) Uncle Doaker.
(c) Boy Willie.
(d) Mama Ola.
9. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
(a) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(b) A dreamy lullabye.
(c) An advanced jig.
(d) A beginner's song.
10. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
11. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Hanging laundry.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Mopping floors.
12. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) Sheets of music.
(b) His suit.
(c) His car.
(d) The piano.
13. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
(b) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
(c) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
(d) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
14. Whose faces are carved into the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) His parents' faces.
(b) His and his wife's face.
(c) His slaves' faces.
(d) His children's faces.
15. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
(a) Wining Boy.
(c) Boy Charles.
(d) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
2. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
3. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
4. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
5. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)