|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(b) Boy Willie.
2. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
(a) A beginner's song.
(b) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(c) A dreamy lullabye.
(d) An advanced jig.
3. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
4. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
(a) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
5. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(b) Mama Ola.
(c) Wining Boy.
6. What is the last name of the family that the story focuses on?
7. What is Lymon's last name?
8. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) He received no money.
9. When Wining Boy returns from the city, where has Berniece gone?
(a) To work.
(b) To jail.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To church.
10. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the swimming pool.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At the movie theater.
11. What was Wining Boy's profession?
(a) He was a backup dancer.
(b) He was a wine maker.
(c) He was a coal miner.
(d) He was a recording star.
12. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) An advanced jig.
(b) A beginner's song.
(c) A dreamy lullabye.
(d) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
13. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
(a) Mopping floors.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Hanging laundry.
(d) Cooking dinner.
14. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
(a) Mama Ola's.
(c) Uncle Doaker's.
15. Which character admits to having spent time in prison?
(c) Uncle Doaker.
(d) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
2. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
3. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
4. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
5. Which character becomes very emotional and attacks Boy Willie upon seeing the piano moved?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)