|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) The two men keep bickering.
(b) Their money keeps getting stolen.
(c) Their fruit keeps rotting.
(d) Their truck keeps breaking down.
2. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) The piano.
(b) His car.
(c) Sheets of music.
(d) His suit.
3. What does Wining Boy carry with him that has a weight as heavy as a piano?
(a) His guilt.
(b) His questions.
(c) HIs fears.
(d) His talent.
4. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
(a) He was a musician.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a student.
(d) He was a doctor.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(d) Boy Willie.
6. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Willie.
7. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
8. Lymon wants to go to what city, hoping for better treatment from white people?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
9. What is the name of Avery's church?
(a) The Hands of God.
(b) The Good Shepherd.
(c) The Light of the World.
(d) The Mannah of Man.
10. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) A dreamy lullabye.
(b) A beginner's song.
(c) An advanced jig.
(d) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
11. How did Sutter's wife feel about the trade of her slaves for the piano?
(a) She regretted the trade.
(b) She was angered by the trade.
(c) She was pleased with the trade.
(d) She was apathetic toward the trade.
12. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(a) Wining Boy.
(c) Mama Ola.
13. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
(a) Staring at Berniece while she slept.
(b) Following Maretha to school.
(c) Chasing after Boy Willie.
(d) Playing the piano.
14. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
(d) Wining Boy.
15. Which character is afraid to sleep upstairs alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
2. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
3. In the aftermath of the theft, where was Lymon shot?
4. How does the Ghost of the Yellow Dog kill the mob members as revenge for Boy Charles' death?
5. What color is the ghost wearing?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)