|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery do for a living?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a preacher.
2. What does Doaker do for a living?
(a) He is a conductor.
(b) He performs maintenance.
(c) He is a steward.
(d) He is a cook.
3. What is the name of Avery's church?
(a) The Light of the World.
(b) The Mannah of Man.
(c) The Good Shepherd.
(d) The Hands of God.
4. Which character admits to having spent time in prison?
(b) Uncle Doaker.
(c) Boy Willie.
5. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) He received no money.
6. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
(a) Uncle Doaker.
(b) Boy Willie.
7. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) His suit.
(b) Sheets of music.
(c) The piano.
(d) His car.
8. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
(a) A little.
(b) They sell every last one.
(c) Nearly all.
(d) They sell none.
9. Who carved the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) Doaker's grandfather.
(c) Doaker's father.
(d) Doaker's son.
10. What was Wining Boy's profession?
(a) He was a wine maker.
(b) He was a recording star.
(c) He was a coal miner.
(d) He was a backup dancer.
11. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
(b) He is terrified at the possibility.
(c) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(d) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
12. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
(a) He drowned him.
(b) He shot him.
(c) He stabbed him.
(d) He set him on fire.
13. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
14. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
(a) Boy Charles.
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
15. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(c) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
2. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
3. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
4. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
5. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)