|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
2. Which character believes that life would be much easier if people stayed at home and appreciated their lives instead of traveling?
(a) Boy Willie.
3. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
(a) Nearly all.
(b) They sell none.
(c) A little.
(d) They sell every last one.
4. How does the Ghost of the Yellow Dog kill the mob members as revenge for Boy Charles' death?
(a) The Ghost shoots them.
(b) The Ghost sets them on fire.
(c) The Ghost drowns them.
(d) The Ghost stabs them.
5. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
6. Which character becomes very emotional and attacks Boy Willie upon seeing the piano moved?
7. What were the men attempting to steal?
8. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
(a) Following Maretha to school.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Staring at Berniece while she slept.
(d) Chasing after Boy Willie.
9. What does Avery do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a preacher.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
10. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) A beginner's song.
(b) An advanced jig.
(c) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(d) A dreamy lullabye.
11. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(a) Boy Willie.
12. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Sell the piano.
(b) Wash the floors.
(c) Cut off her hair.
(d) Read the Bible.
13. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Three days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Thirty years.
14. After the story about Boy Charles' death, what does the family hear Maretha doing at the end of the first act?
15. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
(a) The wood.
(b) The legs.
(c) The music.
(d) The keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lymon's last name?
2. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
3. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
4. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
5. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)