|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) Their fruit keeps rotting.
(b) The two men keep bickering.
(c) Their truck keeps breaking down.
(d) Their money keeps getting stolen.
2. When Wining Boy returns from the city, where has Berniece gone?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To jail.
(c) To work.
(d) To church.
3. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(a) Mama Ola.
4. Which member of the Sutter family desperately wanted the piano?
5. What is the name of Wining Boy's late ex-wife?
6. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
7. Who carved the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) Doaker's grandfather.
(b) Doaker's father.
(c) Doaker's son.
8. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
9. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was a window washer.
(b) He was a traveling chef.
(c) He was an elevator operator.
(d) He was a hotel concierge.
10. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) His car.
(b) His suit.
(c) The piano.
(d) Sheets of music.
11. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
12. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
13. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
(a) Lymon's sister.
(b) Lymon's mother.
(c) Lymon's cousin.
(d) Lymon's aunt.
14. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was a student.
(d) He was a blacksmith.
15. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
(a) Poor white neighborhoods.
(b) Rich white neighborhoods.
(c) Poor black neighborhoods.
(d) Rich black neighborhoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
2. How did Sutter's wife feel about the trade of her slaves for the piano?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT attempt to move the piano?
4. What name was the ghost repeating?
5. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)