|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berniece do for a living?
(a) Cleans houses.
(b) Washes laundry.
(c) Repairs automobiles.
(d) Tutors children.
2. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
3. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(a) Mama Ola.
(c) Wining Boy.
4. What does Doaker do for a living?
(a) He is a conductor.
(b) He performs maintenance.
(c) He is a cook.
(d) He is a steward.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Willie.
(d) Boy Charles.
6. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
(b) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
(c) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
(d) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
7. How did Sutter's wife feel about the trade of her slaves for the piano?
(a) She was pleased with the trade.
(b) She was angered by the trade.
(c) She regretted the trade.
(d) She was apathetic toward the trade.
8. The piano is stolen from the Sutter home during which holiday celebration?
(a) Memorial Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
9. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a student.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a blacksmith.
10. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) A wife.
(b) Business advice.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A loan.
11. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
(a) He received no money.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
12. Who carved the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) Doaker's son.
(b) Doaker's grandfather.
(c) Doaker's father.
13. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) An advanced jig.
(b) A beginner's song.
(c) A dreamy lullabye.
(d) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
14. Who does Doaker suspect Berniece is having a relationship with?
(a) Wining Boy.
15. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
(a) Sutter's son.
(c) Sutter's mother.
(d) Sutter's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
2. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
3. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
4. What is Lymon's last name?
5. What color is the ghost wearing?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)