|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose faces are carved into the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) His slaves' faces.
(b) His parents' faces.
(c) His children's faces.
(d) His and his wife's face.
2. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
3. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is terrified at the possibility.
(b) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
(c) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(d) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
4. Which member of the Sutter family desperately wanted the piano?
5. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
(a) Lymon's sister.
(b) Lymon's aunt.
(c) Lymon's mother.
(d) Lymon's cousin.
6. What color is the ghost wearing?
7. Berniece claims she saw what before she left the house on the day that Wining Boy went to the city?
(a) Sutter's ghost.
(b) Dark shadows dancing.
(c) Her father's face.
(d) The ghost of Yellow Dog.
8. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
(b) Wining Boy.
9. What were the men attempting to steal?
10. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(b) Wining Boy.
(c) Mama Ola.
11. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
(b) Sutter's son.
(c) Sutter's wife.
(d) Sutter's mother.
12. What does Doaker do for a living?
(a) He is a steward.
(b) He is a conductor.
(c) He is a cook.
(d) He performs maintenance.
13. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
(a) The music.
(b) The legs.
(c) The keys.
(d) The wood.
14. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Thirty years.
15. What is Lymon's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
2. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
3. What is the name of Avery's church?
4. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
5. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)