|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Cut off her hair.
(c) Sell the piano.
(d) Wash the floors.
2. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
(a) Nearly all.
(b) They sell every last one.
(c) They sell none.
(d) A little.
3. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(c) Wining Boy.
4. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
(b) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
(c) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
(d) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
5. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
(a) Boy Willie.
(b) Wining Boy.
6. What instrument does Boy Willie hope to sell to make a bit of money?
(a) A cello.
(b) A trombone.
(c) A piano.
(d) A drum kit.
7. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
8. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) Their truck keeps breaking down.
(b) Their fruit keeps rotting.
(c) The two men keep bickering.
(d) Their money keeps getting stolen.
9. What were the men attempting to steal?
10. Where does Berniece bring her daughter at the end of the first act, in the first scene?
(a) To church.
(b) To the cemetary.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To school.
11. Which character is afraid to sleep upstairs alone?
12. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Thirty days.
13. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
(c) Boy Willie.
14. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(b) As much as he wants.
15. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
(c) Momma Ola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
2. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
3. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
4. What color is the ghost wearing?
5. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)