|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(a) Boy Willie.
2. How much money does Wining Boy ask for as a loan from Doaker?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
3. What does Boy Willie encourage Berniece to do to get rid of the ghost?
(a) Cut off her hair.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Sell the piano.
4. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
(a) His crops.
(b) His piano.
(c) His house.
(d) His land.
5. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(d) Mama Ola.
6. What is Lymon's last name?
7. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
8. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
(a) Ham hocks.
(c) Cow intestines.
(d) Collard greens.
9. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
(c) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
10. In the aftermath of the theft, where was Lymon shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the head.
11. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) Business advice.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A loan.
(d) A wife.
12. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
(a) Momma Ola.
13. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
14. After the story about Boy Charles' death, what does the family hear Maretha doing at the end of the first act?
15. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
2. After Lymon comes home from work and changes, what does he want to go into the city looking for?
3. What does Doaker do for a living?
4. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
5. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)