|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
2. What is the name of Wining Boy's late ex-wife?
3. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
(b) Boy Willie.
4. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
5. In the aftermath of the theft, where was Lymon shot?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the back.
6. How much money does Wining Boy ask for as a loan from Doaker?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
7. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
8. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(c) Boy Willie.
9. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
(a) Drink whiskey.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Smoke cigars.
(d) Walk through the park.
10. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
(a) The Whitmans.
(b) The Montagues.
(c) The Benedicts.
(d) The Nolanders.
11. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
(b) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
(c) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
(d) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
12. When the group is singing prison songs, which character is asked to play the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
13. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(a) Mama Ola.
14. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(c) As much as he wants.
15. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
2. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
3. Which character is said to have played the carved piano until his/her death?
4. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
5. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)