|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the teachers and principal monitor?
(a) The students' physical health.
(b) The radiation levels.
(c) The impact on the students' academic progress by the crisis.
(d) The students' psychological health.
2. What does a nurse do to Ezra?
(a) Hook up an IV.
(b) Take his blood pressure.
(c) Inject him with gammaglobulin.
(d) Tell him he is getting better.
3. How does Mrs. Trent disappoint her parents?
(a) By marrying outside the faith.
(b) By converting to Roman Catholicism.
(c) By marrying too young.
(d) By moving away from Israel.
4. What does Nyla notice about Ezra when she enters his room?
(a) That he is breathing is so quiet she can't hear it.
(b) That he seems to be asleep.
(c) That he is pink on a lot of his skin.
(d) That the shape of his eyes are unusual.
5. What does Nyle want to know?
(a) If Ezra and his mother should have left sooner.
(b) If the people nearby should have stayed or left.
(c) If her father died quickly.
(d) If Ezra has any chance to live.
6. What does Nyle do after shrugging off her uneasy feeling?
(a) Feeds her pony.
(b) Goes and milks the cow.
(c) Continues to bring in the firewood.
(d) Goes and sews up the sheep's wounds.
7. Who is with Nyle when she sees a sheep lying still?
8. How does Nyle try to entice Ezra out of his room?
(a) With the promise of watching a meteor shower.
(b) By offering to let him watch an ewe have her lamb.
(c) By offering him a ride on her horse.
(d) With the promise of a hay ride.
9. What are Nyle and Gran doing down in the cellar?
(a) Making cheese.
(b) Making sauerkraut.
(c) Canning fruit.
(d) Sorting through the potatoes.
10. What does Ezra say he feels like?
(a) A battering ram.
(c) A phoenix.
(d) A mack truck ran over him.
11. About what is Muncie asking Nyle?
(a) If Ezra was nice.
(b) Why she allows Tyrus in their fields.
(c) Who she is going with to a school dance.
(d) A book assigned in English class.
12. What does Ezra call Nyle?
(d) Sheep Herder.
13. Who is in the back room?
(a) Nyle's cousin.
(d) Nyle's father.
14. What is Ezra doing when Nyla comes into his room?
(a) He is talking on the phone.
(b) He is petting Nyla's dog.
(c) He is waiting for her and propped up on pillows.
(d) He is watching t.v.
15. What does Mr. Sobel tell the students?
(a) That the fruit fly experiment has been canceled because the radiation killed the flies.
(b) About zygots.
(c) That they would be doing an experiment with sulfur.
(d) About radioactive materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gran not do as she usually does?
2. Why does Muncie go home angry at Nyle?
3. What is the only thing Ezra says to Nyle?
4. What does Nyla do with her mask after talking with Gran?
5. Who comes up to the girls in the pasture.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)