|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes missing in this section?
2. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
3. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
4. Who is Beth and Philip's first customer?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
2. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
3. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
4. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
5. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
6. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
7. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
8. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
9. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
10. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)