|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beth find Philip?
2. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
3. What is the name of the town sheriff?
4. How does Dr. Brennen offer to help Beth?
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
2. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
3. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
4. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
5. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
6. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
7. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
8. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
9. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
10. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this story? What are her strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 2
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)