|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
2. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
3. Who has Sheriff Miller given his Busy Bee t-short to?
4. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
2. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
3. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
4. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
5. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
6. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
7. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
8. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
9. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
10. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)