|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
2. Who has to finance the half of Beth's college fees?
3. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
4. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
5. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
2. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
3. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
4. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
5. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
6. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
7. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
8. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
9. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
10. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth change Philip's attitude towards her? How does Philip's change of attitude effect both their friendship and Beth's confidence?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)