|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
2. What do the girls say is the only thing they do in the Pretty Pennies Club?
3. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
4. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
5. Who has Sheriff Miller given his Busy Bee t-short to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
2. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
3. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
4. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
5. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
6. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
7. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
8. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
9. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
10. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this story? What are her strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)