|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
2. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
5. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth find Philip?
2. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
3. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
4. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
5. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
6. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
7. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
8. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
9. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
10. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How will the focus on Beth's education effect her siblings? What do you think Beth will achieve in her future and how does the author express this could happen?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)