|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
2. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
3. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
4. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
5. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
2. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
3. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
4. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
5. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
6. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
7. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
8. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
9. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
10. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)