|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth recall Dr. Brennan telling her parents about her?
2. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
3. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
4. What does Reverend Ross hand around after the picnic lunch?
5. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
2. How does Beth find Philip?
3. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
4. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
5. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
8. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
9. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
10. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Philip exploit Beth's feelings for him? How does the way he acts effect Beth?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip react to Beth beating him in everything? What does this say about gender relations?
Essay Topic 3
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)