|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
2. How do Beth and Philip react when they receive their first customer?
3. Who is the friend in the name?
4. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
5. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
2. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
3. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
4. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
5. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
8. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
9. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
10. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth change Philip's attitude towards her? How does Philip's change of attitude effect both their friendship and Beth's confidence?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)