|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
2. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
3. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
5. Where does Beth look for Philip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
2. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
3. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
4. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
5. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
6. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
7. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
8. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
9. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
10. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 2
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)