|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What do the girls say is the only thing they do in the Pretty Pennies Club?
3. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
4. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
5. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
2. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
3. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
4. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
5. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
6. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
7. How does Beth find Philip?
8. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
9. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
10. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)