|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
2. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
3. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
4. Who is the friend in the name?
5. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
2. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
3. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
4. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
5. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
6. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
7. How does Beth find Philip?
8. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
9. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
10. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Beth's lifestyle.
1. How does living in such a close-knit community effect Beth's character and the decisions she makes?
2. How do you think her life would different if she lived in the city?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)