|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
2. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
3. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
4. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth find Philip?
2. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
3. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
4. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
5. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
6. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
7. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
8. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
9. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
10. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)