|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
2. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
3. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
4. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
5. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
2. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
3. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
4. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
5. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
6. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
7. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
8. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
9. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
10. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 3
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)