|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to finance the half of Beth's college fees?
2. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
3. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
4. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
5. Who is Beth and Philip's first customer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Beth's lifestyle.
1. How does living in such a close-knit community effect Beth's character and the decisions she makes?
2. How do you think her life would different if she lived in the city?
Essay Topic 3
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)