|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
2. Who has signed the note?
3. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
4. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
5. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
2. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
3. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
4. How does Beth find Philip?
5. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
6. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
7. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
8. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
9. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
10. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth change Philip's attitude towards her? How does Philip's change of attitude effect both their friendship and Beth's confidence?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)