|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
3. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
4. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
5. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
2. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
3. How does Beth find Philip?
4. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
5. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
6. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
7. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
8. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
9. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
10. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)