|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
2. What is the name of the town sheriff?
3. What does Reverend Ross hand around after the picnic lunch?
4. Where does Beth find Philip?
5. What is the title of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
2. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
3. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
4. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
5. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
6. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
7. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
8. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
9. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
10. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)