|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
2. Who goes missing in this section?
3. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
4. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the town sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth find Philip?
2. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
3. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
4. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
5. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
6. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
7. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
8. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
9. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
10. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)