|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Beth set up a vegetable stand?
2. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
3. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
4. Where did the Pretty Pennies buy their t-shirts?
5. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
2. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
3. How does Beth find Philip?
4. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
5. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
6. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
7. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
8. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
9. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
10. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How will the focus on Beth's education effect her siblings? What do you think Beth will achieve in her future and how does the author express this could happen?
Essay Topic 2
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)