|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
2. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
3. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
4. Who goes missing in this section?
5. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
2. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
3. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
4. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
5. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
6. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
7. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
8. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
9. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
10. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
Essay Topic 3
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)