|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
2. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
5. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)