|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
3. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
4. Where does Beth find Philip?
5. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth find Philip?
2. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
3. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
4. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
5. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
6. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
7. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
8. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
9. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
10. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Beth's lifestyle.
1. How does living in such a close-knit community effect Beth's character and the decisions she makes?
2. How do you think her life would different if she lived in the city?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)