|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
2. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
3. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
4. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
5. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
4. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
5. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
6. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
7. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
8. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
9. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
10. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
Essay Topic 3
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)