|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
2. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
3. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
4. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
5. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
2. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
3. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
4. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
5. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
6. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
7. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
8. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
9. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
10. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Beth's lifestyle.
1. How does living in such a close-knit community effect Beth's character and the decisions she makes?
2. How do you think her life would different if she lived in the city?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)