|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
2. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
3. What does Beth call her second puppy?
4. What does fear strike in Beth's chest like?
5. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
2. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
3. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
4. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
5. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
6. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
7. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
8. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
9. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
10. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip react to Beth beating him in everything? What does this say about gender relations?
Essay Topic 3
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)