|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
2. What is the title of the second chapter?
3. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
4. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
5. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
2. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
3. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
5. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
6. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
7. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
8. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
9. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
10. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what ways are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 3
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)