|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
2. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
3. Whose class is Beth in at school?
4. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
5. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
2. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
3. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
4. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
5. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
6. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
7. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
8. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
9. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
10. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this story? What are her strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)