|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
2. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
3. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
5. What does Beth call her second puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
2. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
3. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
4. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
5. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
6. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
7. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
8. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
9. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
10. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip react to Beth beating him in everything? What does this say about gender relations?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)