|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the kennel?
2. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
3. What does fear strike in Beth's chest like?
4. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
5. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the calf contest.
2. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
3. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
4. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
5. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
6. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
7. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
8. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
9. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
10. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)