|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth name her third dog?
2. What does Beth's mother call her new child?
3. What does Beth call her second puppy?
4. What does Philip say he is going to let Beth do after she finishes her chores?
5. Who is the number one student in Mrs. Johnson's class in Beth's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
2. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
3. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
5. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
6. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
7. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
8. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
9. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
10. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How will the focus on Beth's education effect her siblings? What do you think Beth will achieve in her future and how does the author express this could happen?
Essay Topic 2
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)