|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
2. What does Beth call the puppy?
3. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
4. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
5. What color has Beth's house been painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
2. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
3. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
4. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
5. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
6. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
7. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
8. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
10. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this story? What are her strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)