|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
2. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
3. What does Philip say Beth does well considering she's a girl?
4. What was the circus' main attraction?
5. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
2. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
4. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
5. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
6. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
7. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
8. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
9. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
10. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth change Philip's attitude towards her? How does Philip's change of attitude effect both their friendship and Beth's confidence?
Essay Topic 3
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)