|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
2. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
3. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
4. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
5. What does Beth name her third dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
2. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
3. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
4. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
6. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
7. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
8. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
9. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
10. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Philip react to Beth beating him in everything? What does this say about gender relations?
Essay Topic 2
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)