|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
2. Whose class is Beth in at school?
3. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
4. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
5. What is the title of the second chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
2. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
3. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
4. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
5. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
6. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
7. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
8. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
9. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
10. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 2
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)