|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
2. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
3. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
4. What does Beth call her second puppy?
5. Who drives the school bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
2. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
3. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
5. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
6. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
7. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
8. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
9. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
10. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)