Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
4. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
5. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
8. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
9. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
10. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
How does Philip exploit Beth's feelings for him? How does the way he acts effect Beth?
What does Beth learn about friendship in this story? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)