|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the school bus?
2. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
3. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
4. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
5. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
2. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
3. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
5. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
6. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
7. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
8. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
9. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
10. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth change Philip's attitude towards her? How does Philip's change of attitude effect both their friendship and Beth's confidence?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)