|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
2. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
3. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
4. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
5. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
2. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
4. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
5. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
6. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
7. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
8. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
9. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
10. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Philip react to Beth beating him in everything? What does this say about gender relations?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)