|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Philip have?
2. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
3. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
4. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
5. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the ending say about Beth and Philip's relationship?
2. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
3. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
4. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
5. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
6. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
7. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
8. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
9. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
10. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
Essay Topic 1
What do Beth's problems with puppies teach her about life? Why does Beth need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip exploit Beth's feelings for him? How does the way he acts effect Beth?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this story? What are her strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)