Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
4. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
5. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
8. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
9. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
10. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip exploit Beth's feelings for him? How does the way he acts effect Beth?
Essay Topic 3
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)