|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
2. What was the circus' main attraction?
3. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
4. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
2. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
3. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
4. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
5. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
6. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
7. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
8. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
9. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
10. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)