|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
2. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
3. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
4. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
2. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
3. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
6. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
7. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
8. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
9. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
10. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 3
How does the arrival of Beth's brother Benjamin change her life? How does her character change from this point?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)