Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
4. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
5. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
8. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
9. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
10. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
Essay Topic 1
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 2
How will the focus on Beth's education effect her siblings? What do you think Beth will achieve in her future and how does the author express this could happen?
Essay Topic 3
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)