|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth name her third dog?
2. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
3. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
4. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
5. What does Pa try to outwit the turkey thieves with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
4. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
5. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
6. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
7. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
8. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
9. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
10. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Beth hold herself back in class? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
Essay Topic 2
How do Beth and Philip's relationship develop into one of mutual respect? How will their relationship in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)