|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the school bus?
2. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
3. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
4. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
5. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
2. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
3. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
4. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
5. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
6. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
7. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
8. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
9. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
10. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Beth's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Beth hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Beth ideas about life?
3. How has Beth's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)