|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
2. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
3. What was the circus' main attraction?
4. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
5. What color has Beth's house been painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
2. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
3. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
4. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
5. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
6. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
7. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
8. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
9. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
10. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Pretty Pennies Girl's Club and the Tiger Hunter's Club symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story when the two group come together?
Essay Topic 2
How does Philip prove his leadership skills in this story? What are his strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth change Philip's attitude towards her? How does Philip's change of attitude effect both their friendship and Beth's confidence?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)