|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
2. What does Beth name her third dog?
3. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
4. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
5. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
3. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
4. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
5. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
6. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
7. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
8. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
9. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
10. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)