|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) Stop selling garbage.
(b) Close your store.
(c) Give back the money.
(d) We want justice.
3. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(c) Never a Bad Penny.
(d) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
4. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
(a) A milk float.
(b) A pick-up truck.
(c) An oil tanker.
(d) A motorbike and sidecar.
5. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Run through the forest.
(b) Write an essay.
(c) Read the dictionary.
(d) Hand over their t-shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
3. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
4. What is Beth tired of hearing about Annie?
5. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
2. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
3. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
4. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
5. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
8. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
9. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
10. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)