|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
(a) The pit.
(b) The ditch.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The valley.
2. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
(a) A plane crash.
(b) A roadside vegetable stand.
(c) A yoghurt making machine.
(d) A roadside lemonade stand.
3. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
(a) She shakes her hand.
(b) She buys her an ice cream.
(c) She gives her a sandwich.
(d) She gives her a hug.
4. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
(a) By paying them.
(b) By shooting at them.
(c) By saying something funny.
(d) By phoning the police.
5. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A picket line.
(b) A square dance.
(c) A troop line.
(d) A circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
2. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
3. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
4. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
5. Complete the following speech that Beth's mother tells Beth; "In this life you got to be happy about the good things and brave about the..."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
2. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
3. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
4. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
5. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
6. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
7. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
8. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
9. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
10. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)