|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
(a) Elizath Lorraine Lambert and Friend.
(b) Veggies for Veggies.
(c) Lambert's Fruit and Veg.
(d) Beth and Phil's Juicy Veg.
2. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
(a) King of the Mountain.
(d) Mountain Man.
3. What do the girls say is the only thing they do in the Pretty Pennies Club?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Eat chocolate.
(c) Gossip about boys.
(d) Watch television.
4. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They call her names.
(b) They throw around her sandals.
(c) They splash water at her.
(d) They runaway with her clothes.
5. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A motorbike.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
2. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
3. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
4. Who has signed the note?
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
2. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
3. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
4. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
5. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
6. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
7. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
8. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
9. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
10. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)