|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
2. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They runaway with her clothes.
(b) They call her names.
(c) They throw around her sandals.
(d) They splash water at her.
3. What do the girls say is the only thing they do in the Pretty Pennies Club?
(a) Gossip about boys.
(b) Eat chocolate.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Listen to music.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Bad Mr. Puterham.
(b) The Challenge.
(c) Give Back the Money.
(d) The Pretty Pennies Picket.
5. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
(c) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
(d) Never a Bad Penny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
3. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
4. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
5. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
2. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
3. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
4. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
5. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
6. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
7. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
8. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
9. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
10. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)