|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
(a) The ditch.
(b) The pit.
(c) The valley.
(d) The sewers.
2. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
(a) Strangle her.
(b) Run her over.
(c) Poison her.
(d) Stab her.
3. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
(a) A bike ride.
(b) A buffet.
(c) A swimming gala.
(d) A picnic.
4. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
5. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
2. Where does Beth look for Philip?
3. How do Beth and Philip react when they receive their first customer?
4. Who goes missing in this section?
5. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
2. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
3. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
4. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
5. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
6. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
7. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
8. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
9. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
10. How does Philip disappoint Beth in this section?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)