|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
(a) They swore at Mr. Putterham.
(b) It is not against the law to sell bad merchandise.
(c) Mr. Putterham is too powerful.
(d) They didn't keep the reciept.
2. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She drops to her knees.
(d) She shouts at Philip.
3. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A circle.
(b) A picket line.
(c) A square dance.
(d) A troop line.
4. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A weighing contest.
(b) A writing contest.
(c) A relay race.
(d) A swimming race.
5. How do Beth and Philip react when they receive their first customer?
(a) They celebrate by buying lemonade.
(b) They jump up and down.
(c) They eat some of the fruit.
(d) They run through the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth say they should challenge the Tiger Hunter's Club to?
2. What eats all of Beth's stock?
3. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
4. How does Dr. Brennen offer to help Beth?
5. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
2. What problems do the members of the Pretty Pennie Girl's Club have with Beth's leadership?
3. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
4. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
5. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
6. What does Beth realize about Philip and her family at the end of the chapter?
7. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
8. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
9. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
10. How do the Tiger Hunter's Club challenge the Pretty Pennies to a relay race?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)