|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(c) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
(d) Never a Bad Penny.
2. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It tears.
(c) It changes color.
(d) It shrinks.
3. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
(a) A milk float.
(b) An oil tanker.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A motorbike and sidecar.
4. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) The Old Rugged Cross Church Picnic.
(b) The Community Get Together.
(c) Please Come Back Philip Hall.
(d) Savng Lives is My Life.
5. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she is angry at him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
2. Where does Beth look for Philip?
3. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
4. Why is Beth angry at Philip in Chapter 4?
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
2. How does Beth find Philip?
3. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
4. How does Beth prove her leadership skills in this section?
5. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
6. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
7. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
8. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
9. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
10. Describe the rivalry between Annie and Beth?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)