|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
2. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is funny.
(b) That she is smart.
(c) That she is kind.
(d) That she is pretty.
3. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
(a) A yoghurt making machine.
(b) A roadside vegetable stand.
(c) A roadside lemonade stand.
(d) A plane crash.
4. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Pocahontas National Park.
(b) Grapevine Gas Station.
(c) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
(d) Randolph County Museum.
5. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
(a) She gives her a sandwich.
(b) She buys her an ice cream.
(c) She gives her a hug.
(d) She shakes her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
2. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
3. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
4. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
5. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
2. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
3. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
4. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
5. How does Philip cause a panic in this section?
6. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
7. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
8. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
9. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
10. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)