|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Bearded Lady.
(b) Muscle Man.
(c) Geek Boy.
(d) Gorilla Man.
2. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She giggles.
(b) Her eyes smile.
(c) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(d) She looks nervous.
3. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
4. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
5. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her nose runs.
(b) Her eyes water.
(c) Her nails fall off.
(d) Her feet itch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
2. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
3. What does Pa try to outwit the turkey thieves with?
4. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
5. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
2. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
3. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
4. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
5. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
6. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
7. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
8. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
9. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
10. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)