|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) An ax.
2. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Muscle Man.
(b) Geek Boy.
(c) Gorilla Man.
(d) Bearded Lady.
3. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A jigsaw piece.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A blue button.
4. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
(a) Playing his guitar.
(b) Playing with his dog.
(d) Cleaning his saxophone.
5. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
(a) She is allergic to Philip.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She hasn't been eating well enough.
(d) She is allergic to dog hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
2. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
3. Who is the number one student in Mrs. Johnson's class in Beth's dream?
4. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the calf contest.
2. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
3. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
4. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
5. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
6. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
7. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
8. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
9. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
10. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)