|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Pa ask Beth to pretend to be?
(a) A duck.
(b) A cow.
(c) A fox.
(d) A turkey.
2. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Chihuahua.
(b) A Pitbull.
(c) A Rotweiller.
(d) A Poodle.
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
(a) His bedclothes.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) Army clothes.
(d) A Boy Scout uniform.
4. What color has Beth's house been painted?
5. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She looks nervous.
(b) Her eyes smile.
(c) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(d) She giggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
2. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
3. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
4. What is the month of the year at the beginning of the first chapter?
5. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
2. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
5. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
6. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
7. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
8. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
9. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
10. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)