|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) Dr. Halliday.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Answer Man.
2. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She is allergic to dog hair.
(c) She hasn't been eating well enough.
(d) She is allergic to Philip.
3. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Old Pete.
(b) Blind Jack.
(c) Miss. Riley.
(d) Old Henry.
4. Whose class is Beth in at school?
(a) Mrs. Gordon's.
(b) Miss. Wiley's.
(c) Mr. Wren's.
(d) Mrs. Johnson's.
5. What does Philip say Beth does well considering she's a girl?
(a) Draws well.
(b) Tells jokes.
(c) Takes jokes.
(d) Runs fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
2. What kind of puppy does Beth have waiting for her at the beginning of the section?
3. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
4. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
5. What color has Beth's house been painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
2. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
3. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
4. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
5. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
6. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
7. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
8. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
9. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
10. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)