|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
2. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
3. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Muscle Man.
(b) Geek Boy.
(c) Gorilla Man.
(d) Bearded Lady.
4. What does Pa try to outwit the turkey thieves with?
(a) Kerosene lanterns.
(b) Flame throwers.
(c) Trip wire.
(d) Guard dogs.
5. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
(a) The Elephant Man.
(b) The Monster of the Mountain.
(c) The Electric Man.
(d) Peter Piper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
2. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
3. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
4. What does Beth name her third dog?
5. What does Pa reply when Ma tells him that is the last time he guards the turkeys all night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
2. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
3. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
4. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
5. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
6. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
7. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
8. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
9. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
10. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)