|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
(a) She begins sneezing.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She faints.
(d) She has a panic attack.
2. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(a) Strums on his guitar.
(b) Tells her stories.
(d) Orders her about.
3. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
(a) Blow down the fence.
(b) Dig a mile long tunnel.
(c) Learn to handle weapons.
(d) Fly over the fence.
4. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
5. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Rotweiller.
(b) A Poodle.
(c) A Chihuahua.
(d) A Pitbull.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
2. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
3. Who is sitting on the porch when Beth arrives home?
4. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. What does Beth call the puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
2. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
3. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
4. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
5. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
6. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
7. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
8. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
9. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
10. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)