|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
(a) When she climbed off the school bus.
(b) When she first met Friendly.
(c) When she spoke to her mother.
(d) When she woke up.
2. What kind of animal does Pa ask Beth to pretend to be?
(a) A duck.
(b) A fox.
(c) A cow.
(d) A turkey.
3. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) They don't have the money to keep it.
(b) He is making Beth ill.
(c) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(d) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
4. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
5. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
2. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
3. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
4. What does Philip say Beth does well considering she's a girl?
5. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
2. What do the children talk about at the 4-H meeting?
3. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
4. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
5. What does the sixth chapter prove about Beth's character?
6. How does Beth show her growing confidence in this final chapter?
7. Why does Beth become angry with her family in this section?
8. How does Mr. Putterham react when Beth asks for her money back for the t-shirts?
9. How does Beth and her friends persuade Mr. Putterham to refund their money?
10. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)