|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(b) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(c) I never asked for no allergy.
(d) Forgive Me for being Born.
2. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A saxophone.
(c) A guitar pick.
(d) A pen.
3. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her nose runs.
(b) Her nails fall off.
(c) Her eyes water.
(d) Her feet itch.
4. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
5. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A marble staircase.
(b) A brand new car bonnet.
(c) A steel door.
(d) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
2. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
3. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
4. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
5. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
2. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
3. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
4. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
5. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
6. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
7. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
8. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
9. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
10. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)