|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth call her second puppy?
(c) Big Boy.
2. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(b) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
(c) The Helpful Sermon.
(d) The Case of the Missing Books.
3. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Miss. Riley.
(b) Old Henry.
(c) Blind Jack.
(d) Old Pete.
4. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
(a) A flock of seagulls.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A gray thunder cloud.
(d) A black raincloud.
5. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) He is making Beth ill.
(b) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
(c) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(d) They don't have the money to keep it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
2. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
3. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
4. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
5. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
2. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
4. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
5. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
6. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
7. What do Philip and Beth do during the quiet period?
8. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
9. How does Beth try to save her presidency?
10. Why cant the sheriff so anything about the t-shirts?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)