|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
(d) Mother Earth.
2. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Loading his rifle.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Feeding the turkeys.
(d) Banging in steel posts.
3. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) The Mountain Man's.
(b) Reverend Ross'.
(d) The turkeys'.
4. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
(a) Figger out.
(b) Fagger oot.
(c) Figure owlt.
(d) Figga eet.
5. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Geek Boy.
(b) Bearded Lady.
(c) Muscle Man.
(d) Gorilla Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
2. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
3. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
4. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
5. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
2. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
3. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
4. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
5. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
6. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
7. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
8. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
9. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
10. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)