|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A saxophone.
(c) A pen.
(d) A guitar pick.
2. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
3. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
(a) She hasn't been eating well enough.
(b) She is allergic to dog hair.
(c) She is allergic to Philip.
(d) She has the flu.
4. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) A trench.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) A dirt road.
(d) A fence.
5. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
(a) Figure owlt.
(b) Figger out.
(c) Fagger oot.
(d) Figga eet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
2. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
3. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
4. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
5. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
2. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
3. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
4. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
5. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
6. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
7. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
8. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
9. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
10. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)