|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A guitar pick.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A saxophone.
(d) A pen.
2. Who owns the kennel?
(a) Mr. Davis.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Grant.
(d) Mr. Weathers.
3. What does Beth name her third dog?
4. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
5. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Lambert.
(b) Reverend Peterson.
(c) Reverend Ross.
(d) Reverend Regal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of the first chapter?
2. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
3. What does Beth call her second puppy?
4. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
5. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
2. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
3. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
4. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
5. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
6. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
7. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
8. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
9. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
10. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)