|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
(a) He has no badges.
(b) He hasn't brought his guidebook.
(c) He hasn't worn a coat.
(d) He doesn't know first aid.
2. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The cow barn.
(c) The dairy barn.
(d) The pig sty.
3. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
(a) Turkeys R Us.
(b) Turkey Farming.
(c) Turkey Delights.
(d) Turkey World.
4. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Case of the Missing Books.
(b) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(c) The Helpful Sermon.
(d) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
5. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) The turkeys'.
(b) The Mountain Man's.
(d) Reverend Ross'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
2. What kind of animal does Pa ask Beth to pretend to be?
3. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
4. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
5. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
2. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
3. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
4. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
5. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
6. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
7. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
8. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
9. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
10. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)