|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
(a) He has no badges.
(b) He hasn't brought his guidebook.
(c) He hasn't worn a coat.
(d) He doesn't know first aid.
2. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Guard his turkeys all night.
(b) Talk to the sheriff.
(c) Set up his camera equipment.
(d) Move the turkeys into the house.
3. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
(b) Fraidy cats.
4. What does Beth call the puppy?
5. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Miss. Riley.
(b) Old Henry.
(c) Old Pete.
(d) Blind Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
2. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
3. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
4. What color has Beth's house been painted?
5. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip say he feels about losing?
2. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
3. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
4. Why is Beth so upset when she arrives back at her vegetable stand?
5. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
6. What decision do the Pretty Pennies and the Tiger Huner's make about the relay race?
7. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
8. Why does Beth think Philip has gone up the mountain?
9. How does Beth decide to raise money for a fruit and vegetable stand?
10. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)