|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of puppy does Beth have waiting for her at the beginning of the section?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A rotweiller.
(c) A collie.
(d) A sausage dog.
2. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A steel door.
(b) A brand new car bonnet.
(c) A marble staircase.
(d) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
3. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A blue button.
(d) A jigsaw piece.
4. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
(a) His feelings for girls.
(b) His adult magazines.
(c) His schoolwork.
(d) His relationship with the pigs.
5. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color has Beth's house been painted?
2. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
3. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
4. What does Beth call her second puppy?
5. What is Calvin Cook's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
2. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
3. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
4. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
5. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
6. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
7. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
8. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
9. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
10. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)