|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Muscle Man.
(b) Gorilla Man.
(c) Bearded Lady.
(d) Geek Boy.
2. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
3. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Benson.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Johnson.
4. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
5. What does Philip warn Beth not to fall on?
(a) Loose stones.
(d) Wet grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
2. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
3. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
4. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
5. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
2. How does Beth capture the turkey thieves?
3. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
4. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
5. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
6. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
7. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
8. Why does Philip say he hasn't invited Beth to his party?
9. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
10. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)