|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
(a) Fagger oot.
(b) Figga eet.
(c) Figger out.
(d) Figure owlt.
2. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
(a) A mole.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A groundhog.
3. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Helpful Sermon.
(b) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(c) The Case of the Missing Books.
(d) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
4. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A blue button.
(d) A jigsaw piece.
5. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(a) Find a job.
(d) Do her chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
2. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
3. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
4. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
5. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
5. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
6. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
7. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
8. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
9. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
10. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)