|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
2. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) The Electric Man.
(c) The Monster of the Mountain.
(d) The Elephant Man.
3. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A brand new car bonnet.
(b) A marble staircase.
(c) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(d) A steel door.
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A baker.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A bricklayer.
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
2. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
3. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
4. What does Beth name her third dog?
5. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
2. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
3. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
4. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
5. Why is Beth so disappointed that Philip hasn't invited her to his party?
6. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
7. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
8. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
9. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
10. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)