Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) Her eyes smile.
(b) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(c) She looks nervous.
(d) She giggles.
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(b) Forgive Me for being Born.
(c) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(d) I never asked for no allergy.
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
(a) Army clothes.
(b) His bedclothes.
(c) A Boy Scout uniform.
(d) An Italian suit.
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A bricklayer.
(c) A baker.
(d) A butcher.
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
2. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
3. What was the circus' main attraction?
4. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
5. What kind of weapon does Philip have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Beth and and Philip react to the first customer at their fruit and vegetable stand?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
4. What problem do Beth and the other girl have with the t-shirts?
5. How do the Hall's react to Philip and Beth's arrival?
6. How does everyone get ready for the town picnic?
7. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
8. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
9. How does Beth help Philip to the bottom of the mountain?
10. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)