|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her eyes water.
(b) Her nails fall off.
(c) Her feet itch.
(d) Her nose runs.
2. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
(a) Anything that moves.
(d) Bad people.
3. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
4. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
(a) Coffee colored.
(b) Mud colored.
(c) Cream colored.
(d) Chocolate colored.
5. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A brand new car bonnet.
(b) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(c) A steel door.
(d) A marble staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
2. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
3. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
4. What does Pa try to outwit the turkey thieves with?
5. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
4. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
5. How do Beth's parent help her get over the fact she cannot have a puppy?
6. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
7. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
8. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
9. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
10. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)