|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
2. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
(a) Smart Aleck.
(b) Bart Simpson.
(c) Cry for help.
3. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) An ax.
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A bricklayer.
(d) A baker.
5. What does Philip say he is going to let Beth do after she finishes her chores?
(a) Brush down his cows.
(b) Hoover his bedroom.
(c) Sweep his hallway.
(d) Hose down his truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the circus' main attraction?
2. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
3. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
4. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
5. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
2. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
3. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
4. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
5. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
6. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
7. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
8. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
9. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
10. How does the story hint that her relationship with Philip affects her and her grades?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)