|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A guitar pick.
(b) A saxophone.
(c) A pen.
(d) A notebook.
2. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
4. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(b) He gives her fake money.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He pretends the bus is coming.
5. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Helpful Sermon.
(b) The Case of the Missing Books.
(c) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(d) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
2. Whose class is Beth in at school?
3. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
4. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
5. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
2. How and why does Philip try to keep Beth in line?
3. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
4. How does Philip fool Beth at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What does Beth overhear Miss Linwood saying to the sheriff?
6. What kind of relationship does Beth have with Philip at the beginning of the story?
7. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
8. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
9. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
10. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)