|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
2. What color has Beth's house been painted?
3. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
4. What kind of animal does Pa ask Beth to pretend to be?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A fox.
(c) A cow.
(d) A duck.
5. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) An ax.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth name her third dog?
2. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
3. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
4. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
5. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
2. How does Philip win back Beth's affections at the end of this section?
3. What does Beth's mother think about Beth's relationship with Philip?
4. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
5. How does Beth's life change with the birth of baby Benjamin?
6. What does Beth dream at the beginning of this section?
7. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
8. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
9. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
10. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)