|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
(a) She begins sneezing.
(b) She has a panic attack.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She faints.
2. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the bus is coming.
(b) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He gives her fake money.
3. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
4. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
(a) The Elephant Man.
(b) Peter Piper.
(c) The Monster of the Mountain.
(d) The Electric Man.
5. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
(a) A gray thunder cloud.
(b) A flock of seagulls.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A black raincloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
2. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
3. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
4. What does Philip say he is going to let Beth do after she finishes her chores?
5. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
2. How does Philip react when Philip when he and Gordy meet Beth in the bus queue?
3. How does Eugene try to solve his problems with the turkeys?
4. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
5. What argument does Beth have with her brother Luther about pigs?
6. How does Beth turn the tables on Philip?
7. What does the newly painted house symbolize for Beth and her family?
8. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
9. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
10. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)