|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives the school bus?
(a) Mr. Barnes.
(b) Miss Daisy.
(c) Mr. Davis.
(d) Mr. Tomkins.
2. What does fear strike in Beth's chest like?
(a) A fork of lightning.
(b) A woman's slap.
(c) A headbutt.
(d) A fighter's fist.
3. What color has Beth's house been painted?
4. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Banging in steel posts.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Loading his rifle.
(d) Feeding the turkeys.
5. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
(a) Anything that moves.
(d) Bad people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
2. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
3. Who is sitting on the porch when Beth arrives home?
4. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
5. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Brennan say about Beth's illness?
2. Why does Pa think foxes couldn't have eaten his turkeys?
3. In what way does Beth react badly to her new puppy?
4. Why does Reverend Ross think Gorilla Man is on the loose?
5. What does Beth's dream at the beginning of this section represent?
6. Why does Beth call her new dog Tippietoes?
7. Why does Beth think that airplanes maybe responsible for the disappearance of the turkeys?
8. Why does Beth decide to get a poodle?
9. Why are the missing turkeys such a problem for Beth and her family?
10. How does Dr. Brennan promise to help Beth?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)