|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
2. What eats all of Beth's stock?
(c) School children.
3. Where does Beth find Philip?
(a) In the long grass.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In the pine forest.
(d) In the caves.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Bad Mr. Puterham.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Picket.
(c) Give Back the Money.
(d) The Challenge.
5. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
(a) They didn't keep the reciept.
(b) It is not against the law to sell bad merchandise.
(c) Mr. Putterham is too powerful.
(d) They swore at Mr. Putterham.
6. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
(a) The ditch.
(b) The sewers.
(c) The valley.
(d) The pit.
7. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) We want justice.
(b) Give back the money.
(c) Stop selling garbage.
(d) Close your store.
8. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Randolph County.
(c) Border County.
(d) Jefferson County.
9. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. Where does Beth look for Philip?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The caves.
(d) The mountains.
11. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
(a) She lent her money.
(b) She planted the vegetables.
(c) She encouraged her.
(d) She painted the sign.
12. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
(a) She gives her a hug.
(b) She buys her an ice cream.
(c) She shakes her hand.
(d) She gives her a sandwich.
13. Who has Sheriff Miller given his Busy Bee t-short to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(d) The Salvation Army.
14. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
(b) That she is angry at him.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she loves him.
15. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A relay race.
(b) A weighing contest.
(c) A writing contest.
(d) A swimming race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
2. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
3. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
4. What is the name of the town sheriff?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)