|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beth look for Philip?
(a) The caves.
(b) The river.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The lake.
2. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A tractor.
3. What is Beth tired of hearing about Annie?
(a) That she is pretty.
(b) That she is kind.
(c) That she is smart.
(d) That she is funny.
4. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) Close your store.
(b) Give back the money.
(c) We want justice.
(d) Stop selling garbage.
5. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
6. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Stop drinking lemonade for a week.
(b) Act as their personal slaves.
(c) Do twenty press ups.
(d) Run around the forest.
7. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
(a) A peach.
(b) A grapefruit.
(c) An apple.
(d) A watermelon.
8. Why has Beth set up a vegetable stand?
(a) To help pay for her college fees.
(b) To prove she is ready to go to work.
(c) To help buy more turkeys.
(d) To prove her sister wrong.
9. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A writer.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A taxi driver.
10. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
(a) Beth and Phil's Juicy Veg.
(b) Lambert's Fruit and Veg.
(c) Elizath Lorraine Lambert and Friend.
(d) Veggies for Veggies.
11. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A rock.
(d) A brick.
12. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
13. Who is Beth and Philip's first customer?
(a) Miss. Hunter.
(b) Mr. Putterham.
14. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Please Come Back Philip Hall.
(b) Savng Lives is My Life.
(c) The Old Rugged Cross Church Picnic.
(d) The Community Get Together.
15. What do the girls say is the only thing they do in the Pretty Pennies Club?
(a) Gossip about boys.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Eat chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
2. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
3. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
4. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
5. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)