|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Beth and Philip react when they receive their first customer?
(a) They run through the fields.
(b) They jump up and down.
(c) They eat some of the fruit.
(d) They celebrate by buying lemonade.
2. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she is leaving for college.
(c) That she is angry at him.
(d) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
3. How does Dr. Brennen offer to help Beth?
(a) Buy her a boat.
(b) Pay half her college fees.
(c) Buy her an apartment.
(d) Give her a job.
4. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
(a) He paints the sign.
(b) He grows the vegetables.
(c) He buys Beth the stand.
(d) He provides the money float.
5. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Pocahontas National Park.
(b) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
(c) Randolph County Museum.
(d) Grapevine Gas Station.
6. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Act as their personal slaves.
(b) Run around the forest.
(c) Stop drinking lemonade for a week.
(d) Do twenty press ups.
7. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
8. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
(a) She planted the vegetables.
(b) She encouraged her.
(c) She lent her money.
(d) She painted the sign.
9. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is smart.
(b) That she is kind.
(c) That she is funny.
(d) That she is pretty.
10. What word does Beth wipe the dirt off on her sign?
11. Who is Beth and Philip's first customer?
(a) Mr. Putterham.
(b) Miss. Hunter.
12. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Hand over their t-shirts.
(b) Read the dictionary.
(c) Write an essay.
(d) Run through the forest.
13. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A car.
(c) A motorbike.
(d) A bicycle.
14. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
(a) By phoning the police.
(b) By saying something funny.
(c) By paying them.
(d) By shooting at them.
15. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A brick.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
2. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
3. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
4. What is Beth tired of hearing about Annie?
5. Complete the following speech that Beth's mother tells Beth; "In this life you got to be happy about the good things and brave about the..."
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)