|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A picket line.
(b) A troop line.
(c) A circle.
(d) A square dance.
2. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
(a) It shrinks.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It tears.
3. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
(a) The caves.
(b) The bus.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The lake.
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) I Am Whoever You Want Me to Be.
(b) The 4-H Club.
(c) Figure Me Out.
(d) The Calf-Raising Contest.
5. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
(b) Never a Bad Penny.
(c) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(d) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
6. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
7. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
(a) She drops to her knees.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She shouts at Philip.
8. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
(a) Apple crates.
(b) Cardboard boxes.
(d) Orange crates.
9. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
(b) Pocahontas National Park.
(c) Grapevine Gas Station.
(d) Randolph County Museum.
10. Why has Beth set up a vegetable stand?
(a) To help pay for her college fees.
(b) To help buy more turkeys.
(c) To prove she is ready to go to work.
(d) To prove her sister wrong.
11. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Randolph County.
(c) Border County.
(d) Jefferson County.
12. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is pretty.
(b) That she is kind.
(c) That she is smart.
(d) That she is funny.
13. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
(a) An athlete foot.
(b) A blister.
(c) A broken finger.
(d) A broken wrist.
14. What does Beth recall Dr. Brennan telling her parents about her?
(a) She is a real beauty and I could give her a good life.
(b) Wanna give all the opportunities she deserves.
(c) Whole town is proud of this youngun.
(d) Fun is fine if you don't hurt others.
15. Who goes missing in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
2. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
3. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
4. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)