|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beth look for Philip?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The caves.
(c) The lake.
(d) The river.
2. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
(a) It is not against the law to sell bad merchandise.
(b) Mr. Putterham is too powerful.
(c) They didn't keep the reciept.
(d) They swore at Mr. Putterham.
3. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
(c) King of the Mountain.
(d) Mountain Man.
4. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
(a) She will bring a new friend each day.
(b) Philip is just a helper.
(c) The money is for her.
(d) She did all the work.
5. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
6. Who has to finance the half of Beth's college fees?
(a) The reverend.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The government.
(d) Her father.
7. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
(a) She encouraged her.
(b) She painted the sign.
(c) She planted the vegetables.
(d) She lent her money.
8. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
9. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
(a) She shouts at Philip.
(b) She drops to her knees.
(c) She cries.
(d) She faints.
10. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
(c) Never a Bad Penny.
(d) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
11. What is Beth tired of hearing about Annie?
(a) That she is pretty.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is smart.
(d) That she is kind.
12. Where did the Pretty Pennies buy their t-shirts?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) Logan's store.
(c) Hall's Dairy.
(d) Ross's Church Sale.
13. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Run through the forest.
(b) Hand over their t-shirts.
(c) Write an essay.
(d) Read the dictionary.
14. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) I Am Whoever You Want Me to Be.
(b) Figure Me Out.
(c) The Calf-Raising Contest.
(d) The 4-H Club.
15. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(b) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
(c) She won a writing competition.
(d) She works very hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Sheriff Miller given his Busy Bee t-short to?
2. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
3. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
4. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
5. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)