|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Philip hurt his foot on?
(a) A rock.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A tree.
(d) A hole.
2. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
(a) An apple.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A peach.
(d) A grapefruit.
3. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
(a) He will struggle to come up with Beth's college fees.
(b) He has been feeling tired.
(c) The weather has been too dry.
(d) He can't afford anymore turkeys.
4. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A writer.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A pilot.
5. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
(a) By phoning the police.
(b) By saying something funny.
(c) By paying them.
(d) By shooting at them.
7. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she is angry at him.
(b) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she loves him.
8. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) The Pretty Pennies Picket.
(b) Give Back the Money.
(c) Bad Mr. Puterham.
(d) The Challenge.
9. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
10. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
(a) She painted the sign.
(b) She encouraged her.
(c) She planted the vegetables.
(d) She lent her money.
11. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
(a) A buffet.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A swimming gala.
(d) A bike ride.
12. What does Beth recall Dr. Brennan telling her parents about her?
(a) Fun is fine if you don't hurt others.
(b) She is a real beauty and I could give her a good life.
(c) Wanna give all the opportunities she deserves.
(d) Whole town is proud of this youngun.
13. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
(a) He repaired her cart.
(b) He made her coffee.
(c) He painted her sign.
(d) He planted the vegetables.
14. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
15. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She works very hard.
(b) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(c) She won a writing competition.
(d) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
2. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
3. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
4. What do the girls say is the only thing they do in the Pretty Pennies Club?
5. Where did the Pretty Pennies buy their t-shirts?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)