|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
(a) He buys Beth the stand.
(b) He paints the sign.
(c) He provides the money float.
(d) He grows the vegetables.
2. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
(a) A peach.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A grapefruit.
(d) An apple.
3. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
(a) Lambert's Fruit and Veg.
(b) Veggies for Veggies.
(c) Beth and Phil's Juicy Veg.
(d) Elizath Lorraine Lambert and Friend.
4. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
(b) Orange crates.
(c) Apple crates.
(d) Cardboard boxes.
5. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
(a) A buffet.
(b) A bike ride.
(c) A swimming gala.
(d) A picnic.
6. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A writer.
7. Who goes missing in this section?
8. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
(a) He has been feeling tired.
(b) He can't afford anymore turkeys.
(c) The weather has been too dry.
(d) He will struggle to come up with Beth's college fees.
9. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Randolph County.
(c) Border County.
(d) Jefferson County.
10. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A tractor.
11. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
(b) That she is leaving for college.
(c) That she is angry at him.
(d) That she loves him.
12. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
(a) The lake.
(b) The caves.
(c) The bus.
(d) The mountains.
13. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Pocahontas National Park.
(b) Randolph County Museum.
(c) Grapevine Gas Station.
(d) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
14. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
(a) A roadside vegetable stand.
(b) A yoghurt making machine.
(c) A roadside lemonade stand.
(d) A plane crash.
15. Where does Beth find Philip?
(a) In the pine forest.
(b) In the caves.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In the long grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
2. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
3. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
4. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
5. Who is the friend in the name?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)