|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is kind.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That she is smart.
2. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
(a) It tears.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It shrinks.
(d) It disappears.
3. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
4. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Act as their personal slaves.
(b) Stop drinking lemonade for a week.
(c) Do twenty press ups.
(d) Run around the forest.
5. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
(a) A yoghurt making machine.
(b) A roadside vegetable stand.
(c) A roadside lemonade stand.
(d) A plane crash.
6. What is the name of the town sheriff?
(a) Sheriff Miller.
(b) Sheriff Barnes.
(c) Sheriff Tomas.
(d) Sheriff Jackson.
7. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A writer.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A veterinarian.
8. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
(a) Elizath Lorraine Lambert and Friend.
(b) Beth and Phil's Juicy Veg.
(c) Veggies for Veggies.
(d) Lambert's Fruit and Veg.
9. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
(a) Mountain Man.
(b) King of the Mountain.
10. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A brick.
(d) A rock.
11. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Jefferson County.
(b) Jackson County.
(c) Border County.
(d) Randolph County.
12. Where does Beth look for Philip?
(a) The lake.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The caves.
(d) The river.
13. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(c) Never a Bad Penny.
(d) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
14. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she is angry at him.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
15. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
(a) The bus.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lake.
(d) The caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
2. What did Philip hurt his foot on?
3. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
4. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
5. What eats all of Beth's stock?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)