|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A swimming race.
(b) A relay race.
(c) A writing contest.
(d) A weighing contest.
2. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
(a) The valley.
(b) The ditch.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The pit.
3. Why is Beth angry at Philip in Chapter 4?
(a) He refused to kiss her.
(b) It was his cows that destroyed her vegetables.
(c) He wanted to manage the store.
(d) He teased her all day in front of her friends.
4. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
(a) He grows the vegetables.
(b) He provides the money float.
(c) He paints the sign.
(d) He buys Beth the stand.
5. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
6. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Randolph County.
(c) Border County.
(d) Jefferson County.
7. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) Give back the money.
(b) Close your store.
(c) Stop selling garbage.
(d) We want justice.
8. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
(a) Poison her.
(b) Stab her.
(c) Strangle her.
(d) Run her over.
9. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It tears.
(d) It shrinks.
10. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
(a) A broken finger.
(b) An athlete foot.
(c) A broken wrist.
(d) A blister.
11. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
12. What eats all of Beth's stock?
(a) School children.
13. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They call her names.
(b) They splash water at her.
(c) They runaway with her clothes.
(d) They throw around her sandals.
14. What did Philip hurt his foot on?
(a) A hole.
(b) A rock.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A tree.
15. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Run through the forest.
(b) Hand over their t-shirts.
(c) Read the dictionary.
(d) Write an essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the bus stops at?
2. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
3. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
4. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
5. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)