|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Grapevine Gas Station.
(b) Randolph County Museum.
(c) Pocahontas National Park.
(d) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
2. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
(a) He will struggle to come up with Beth's college fees.
(b) He can't afford anymore turkeys.
(c) The weather has been too dry.
(d) He has been feeling tired.
3. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A rock.
(d) A brick.
4. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
5. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
(a) She did all the work.
(b) The money is for her.
(c) Philip is just a helper.
(d) She will bring a new friend each day.
6. What is the name of the town the bus stops at?
7. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A writing contest.
(b) A relay race.
(c) A weighing contest.
(d) A swimming race.
8. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) Close your store.
(b) Give back the money.
(c) We want justice.
(d) Stop selling garbage.
9. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
10. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
11. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
12. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) Never a Bad Penny.
(b) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(c) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
(d) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
13. How do Beth and Philip react when they receive their first customer?
(a) They jump up and down.
(b) They eat some of the fruit.
(c) They run through the fields.
(d) They celebrate by buying lemonade.
14. Why is Beth angry at Philip in Chapter 4?
(a) He refused to kiss her.
(b) He wanted to manage the store.
(c) He teased her all day in front of her friends.
(d) It was his cows that destroyed her vegetables.
15. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
(a) Apple crates.
(c) Cardboard boxes.
(d) Orange crates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
2. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
3. What eats all of Beth's stock?
4. What does Beth recall Dr. Brennan telling her parents about her?
5. Who has Sheriff Miller given his Busy Bee t-short to?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)