|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
2. Who has Sheriff Miller given his Busy Bee t-short to?
(a) His daughter.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) His wife.
3. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
(a) Beth and Phil's Juicy Veg.
(b) Lambert's Fruit and Veg.
(c) Veggies for Veggies.
(d) Elizath Lorraine Lambert and Friend.
4. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(b) She works very hard.
(c) She won a writing competition.
(d) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
5. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
(a) He can't afford anymore turkeys.
(b) He has been feeling tired.
(c) He will struggle to come up with Beth's college fees.
(d) The weather has been too dry.
6. What word does Beth wipe the dirt off on her sign?
7. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is pretty.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is kind.
(d) That she is smart.
8. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
(a) The bus.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lake.
(d) The caves.
9. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A circle.
(b) A picket line.
(c) A square dance.
(d) A troop line.
10. Who has signed the note?
11. What did Philip hurt his foot on?
(a) A hole.
(b) A rock.
(c) A tree.
(d) A tractor.
12. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
(a) A bike ride.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A swimming gala.
(d) A buffet.
13. Why has Beth set up a vegetable stand?
(a) To help pay for her college fees.
(b) To help buy more turkeys.
(c) To prove her sister wrong.
(d) To prove she is ready to go to work.
14. What does Reverend Ross hand around after the picnic lunch?
(b) Cups of ice cream.
(c) Glasses of milkshake.
15. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A book.
(b) A rock.
(c) A brick.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
2. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
3. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
4. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
5. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)