|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beth find Philip?
(a) In the pine forest.
(b) In the long grass.
(c) In the caves.
(d) On the beach.
2. How do Beth and Philip react when they receive their first customer?
(a) They eat some of the fruit.
(b) They celebrate by buying lemonade.
(c) They jump up and down.
(d) They run through the fields.
3. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
4. Who has to finance the half of Beth's college fees?
(a) Her father.
(b) The government.
(c) The reverend.
(d) The mayor.
5. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
(a) She cries.
(b) She shouts at Philip.
(c) She faints.
(d) She drops to her knees.
6. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A tractor.
7. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
(a) She will bring a new friend each day.
(b) The money is for her.
(c) She did all the work.
(d) Philip is just a helper.
8. Why does the Sheriff say he can't do anything about the t-shirts?
(a) It is not against the law to sell bad merchandise.
(b) They swore at Mr. Putterham.
(c) Mr. Putterham is too powerful.
(d) They didn't keep the reciept.
9. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She works very hard.
(b) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
(c) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(d) She won a writing competition.
10. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
(a) The valley.
(b) The ditch.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The pit.
11. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
12. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
(a) A blister.
(b) An athlete foot.
(c) A broken wrist.
(d) A broken finger.
13. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A relay race.
(b) A weighing contest.
(c) A writing contest.
(d) A swimming race.
14. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
15. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Run around the forest.
(b) Stop drinking lemonade for a week.
(c) Do twenty press ups.
(d) Act as their personal slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
3. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
4. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
5. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)