|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
(a) An oil tanker.
(b) A motorbike and sidecar.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A milk float.
2. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) The Old Rugged Cross Church Picnic.
(b) Savng Lives is My Life.
(c) Please Come Back Philip Hall.
(d) The Community Get Together.
3. What does Beth recall seeing a picture of in the Saturday Evening Post?
(a) A roadside lemonade stand.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A yoghurt making machine.
(d) A roadside vegetable stand.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) The Challenge.
(b) Give Back the Money.
(c) Bad Mr. Puterham.
(d) The Pretty Pennies Picket.
5. Who is the friend in the name?
(c) Dr. Brennan.
6. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A rock.
(b) A brick.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A book.
7. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
(a) A grapefruit.
(b) A peach.
(c) An apple.
(d) A watermelon.
8. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
9. Where does Beth find Philip?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the caves.
(c) In the pine forest.
(d) In the long grass.
10. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
(a) A broken finger.
(b) An athlete foot.
(c) A blister.
(d) A broken wrist.
11. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
(a) She gives her a hug.
(b) She buys her an ice cream.
(c) She gives her a sandwich.
(d) She shakes her hand.
12. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Hand over their t-shirts.
(b) Run through the forest.
(c) Read the dictionary.
(d) Write an essay.
13. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Pocahontas National Park.
(b) Grapevine Gas Station.
(c) Randolph County Museum.
(d) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
14. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
(a) He planted the vegetables.
(b) He painted her sign.
(c) He made her coffee.
(d) He repaired her cart.
15. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
(a) She drops to her knees.
(b) She shouts at Philip.
(c) She cries.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
2. Where does Beth look for Philip?
3. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
4. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
5. What does Beth decide to call her vegetable stand?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)