|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They throw around her sandals.
(b) They runaway with her clothes.
(c) They call her names.
(d) They splash water at her.
2. What is the name of the town sheriff?
(a) Sheriff Barnes.
(b) Sheriff Miller.
(c) Sheriff Tomas.
(d) Sheriff Jackson.
3. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is pretty.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is smart.
(d) That she is kind.
4. How does Dr. Brennen offer to help Beth?
(a) Buy her a boat.
(b) Pay half her college fees.
(c) Buy her an apartment.
(d) Give her a job.
5. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
6. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
7. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A writer.
(d) A taxi driver.
8. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
(a) By saying something funny.
(b) By phoning the police.
(c) By paying them.
(d) By shooting at them.
9. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
(a) She will bring a new friend each day.
(b) She did all the work.
(c) Philip is just a helper.
(d) The money is for her.
10. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
11. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
12. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(b) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
(c) She works very hard.
(d) She won a writing competition.
13. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
(a) She encouraged her.
(b) She planted the vegetables.
(c) She painted the sign.
(d) She lent her money.
14. Why is Beth angry at Philip in Chapter 4?
(a) It was his cows that destroyed her vegetables.
(b) He refused to kiss her.
(c) He wanted to manage the store.
(d) He teased her all day in front of her friends.
15. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
(a) Poison her.
(b) Stab her.
(c) Run her over.
(d) Strangle her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
2. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
3. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
4. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
5. Who is Beth and Philip's first customer?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)