|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(b) She won a writing competition.
(c) She works very hard.
(d) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
2. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is kind.
(b) That she is pretty.
(c) That she is smart.
(d) That she is funny.
3. Who is Beth and Philip's first customer?
(a) Mr. Putterham.
(c) Miss. Hunter.
4. Who goes missing in this section?
5. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
6. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. What word does Beth wipe the dirt off on her sign?
8. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A writing contest.
(b) A swimming race.
(c) A relay race.
(d) A weighing contest.
9. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
10. Where was the last place everyone saw Philip?
(a) The caves.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lake.
(d) The bus.
11. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) The Pretty Pennies Picket.
(b) The Challenge.
(c) Bad Mr. Puterham.
(d) Give Back the Money.
12. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They throw around her sandals.
(b) They runaway with her clothes.
(c) They call her names.
(d) They splash water at her.
13. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
(a) Randolph County Museum.
(b) Grapevine Gas Station.
(c) Pocahontas National Park.
(d) Walnut Ridge Gulf Station.
14. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
(a) A blister.
(b) An athlete foot.
(c) A broken finger.
(d) A broken wrist.
15. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
(a) An apple.
(b) A grapefruit.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) A peach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pennies and Tigers chant outside Mr. Putterham's store?
2. What is the name of the town the bus stops at?
3. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
4. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
5. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)