|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is smart.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That she is kind.
2. Where does Beth look for Philip?
(a) The lake.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The river.
(d) The caves.
3. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A square dance.
(b) A picket line.
(c) A troop line.
(d) A circle.
4. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she is angry at him.
5. Where does Beth find Philip?
(a) In the pine forest.
(b) In the caves.
(c) In the long grass.
(d) On the beach.
6. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
(a) A brick.
(b) A book.
(c) A rock.
(d) A newspaper.
7. How does Dr. Brennen offer to help Beth?
(a) Buy her a boat.
(b) Pay half her college fees.
(c) Give her a job.
(d) Buy her an apartment.
8. Who has signed the note?
9. What eats all of Beth's stock?
(a) School children.
10. What event is the Old Rugged Cross Church holding?
(a) A swimming gala.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A buffet.
(d) A bike ride.
11. How does Eugene help Beth with the vegetable stand?
(a) He buys Beth the stand.
(b) He paints the sign.
(c) He provides the money float.
(d) He grows the vegetables.
12. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
(a) The Prettiest Girls in the World.
(b) Never a Bad Penny.
(c) The Pretty Pennies Gilrs Club Relay Team.
(d) The Pretty Pennies Girls Club of Pocahontas, Arkanas.
13. How did Luther help Beth with her vegetable stand?
(a) He painted her sign.
(b) He planted the vegetables.
(c) He made her coffee.
(d) He repaired her cart.
14. What do the girls buy at Mr. Putterham's Busy Bee Bargain Store?
15. What does Beth recall Dr. Brennan telling her parents about her?
(a) Wanna give all the opportunities she deserves.
(b) Whole town is proud of this youngun.
(c) Fun is fine if you don't hurt others.
(d) She is a real beauty and I could give her a good life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
2. Who suggests the Pretty Pennies need a new President?
3. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
4. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
5. What do Philip and Beth find to drive home on?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)