|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Beth and Philip build their stand from?
(a) Cardboard boxes.
(b) Apple crates.
(d) Orange crates.
2. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
(a) She did all the work.
(b) Philip is just a helper.
(c) She will bring a new friend each day.
(d) The money is for her.
3. Where did the Pretty Pennies buy their t-shirts?
(a) Hall's Dairy.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) Ross's Church Sale.
(d) Logan's store.
4. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
5. Who has signed the note?
6. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She works very hard.
(b) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
(c) She won a writing competition.
(d) She always laughs even in badtimes.
7. What happens when Beth's mother washes the t-shirt?
(a) It shrinks.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It tears.
8. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Figure Me Out.
(b) The 4-H Club.
(c) The Calf-Raising Contest.
(d) I Am Whoever You Want Me to Be.
9. What does Beth say they should challenge the Tiger Hunter's Club to?
(a) A wrestle.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A relay race.
(d) Three legged race.
10. What word does Beth wipe the dirt off on her sign?
11. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Randolph County.
(b) Border County.
(c) Jackson County.
(d) Jefferson County.
12. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she is angry at him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
13. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
(a) That she is kind.
(b) That she is pretty.
(c) That she is smart.
(d) That she is funny.
14. Where does Beth find Philip?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the long grass.
(c) In the pine forest.
(d) In the caves.
15. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
2. What does Beth suffer from as she climbs the mountain?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. What is marked on the red pick-up truck?
5. What do the girls embroider on the front of their t-shirts?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)