|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hall react when Beth brings back Philip?
(a) She shouts at Philip.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She drops to her knees.
2. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She won a writing competition.
(b) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
(c) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(d) She works very hard.
3. How does Dr. Brennen offer to help Beth?
(a) Give her a job.
(b) Buy her a boat.
(c) Pay half her college fees.
(d) Buy her an apartment.
4. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
(a) She gives her a sandwich.
(b) She gives her a hug.
(c) She buys her an ice cream.
(d) She shakes her hand.
5. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Border County.
(b) Jefferson County.
(c) Jackson County.
(d) Randolph County.
6. Who does Beth have to wake up to catch the bus to the church picnic?
7. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A writer.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A taxi driver.
8. Who has signed the note?
9. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
(a) An oil tanker.
(b) A milk float.
(c) A motorbike and sidecar.
(d) A pick-up truck.
10. What does the Tiger Hinters' Club note challenge the Pretty Pennies to?
(a) A weighing contest.
(b) A swimming race.
(c) A relay race.
(d) A writing contest.
11. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
12. What does Mr. Putterham give the girls as well as the money for their t-shirts?
13. Where does Beth look for Philip?
(a) The river.
(b) The caves.
(c) The lake.
(d) The mountains.
14. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They call her names.
(b) They splash water at her.
(c) They runaway with her clothes.
(d) They throw around her sandals.
15. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
(a) She encouraged her.
(b) She painted the sign.
(c) She planted the vegetables.
(d) She lent her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following speech that Beth's mother tells Beth; "In this life you got to be happy about the good things and brave about the..."
2. What is thrown onto Beth's porch?
3. What eats all of Beth's stock?
4. What is Beth tired of hearing about Annie?
5. What is the title of Chapter 5?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)