|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Figure Me Out.
(b) The 4-H Club.
(c) I Am Whoever You Want Me to Be.
(d) The Calf-Raising Contest.
2. What does Beth want to become when she is older?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A writer.
(d) A veterinarian.
3. What does Beth is the only way Mr. Putterham can make them leave?
(a) By shooting at them.
(b) By saying something funny.
(c) By phoning the police.
(d) By paying them.
4. Which of the following characters is not a member of the Pretty Pennies?
5. Where does Beth throw away the ruined vegetables?
(a) The sewers.
(b) The ditch.
(c) The pit.
(d) The valley.
6. What will the Tigers have to do if the Pennies win the relay?
(a) Act as their personal slaves.
(b) Run around the forest.
(c) Stop drinking lemonade for a week.
(d) Do twenty press ups.
7. What is the name of the county where Beth lives?
(a) Jefferson County.
(b) Border County.
(c) Jackson County.
(d) Randolph County.
8. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
(a) She works very hard.
(b) She won a writing competition.
(c) She always laughs even in badtimes.
(d) She was brave during the theft of the turkeys.
9. Who has to finance the half of Beth's college fees?
(a) The reverend.
(b) The government.
(c) Her father.
(d) The mayor.
10. How do the boys tease Beth in this section?
(a) They call her names.
(b) They runaway with her clothes.
(c) They throw around her sandals.
(d) They splash water at her.
11. Why does Beth say she hasn't included Philip's name of the sign?
(a) She will bring a new friend each day.
(b) Philip is just a helper.
(c) She did all the work.
(d) The money is for her.
12. Why has Beth set up a vegetable stand?
(a) To help pay for her college fees.
(b) To prove her sister wrong.
(c) To help buy more turkeys.
(d) To prove she is ready to go to work.
13. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
(b) That she is angry at him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she is leaving for college.
14. What does Beth recall Dr. Brennan telling her parents about her?
(a) She is a real beauty and I could give her a good life.
(b) Fun is fine if you don't hurt others.
(c) Whole town is proud of this youngun.
(d) Wanna give all the opportunities she deserves.
15. What does Reverend Ross hand around after the picnic lunch?
(b) Glasses of milkshake.
(c) Cups of ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beth's father worried in this section?
2. How did Beth's sister help her with her vegetable stand?
3. What does Annie say she is tired of hearing people say about Beth?
4. What has Philip eaten from the stock?
5. What does Beth say Philip likes to refer to himself as?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)