|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A sock.
(b) A blue button.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A pencil.
2. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
3. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(c) She looks nervous.
(d) Her eyes smile.
4. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) A dirt road.
(c) A trench.
(d) A fence.
5. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(b) The turkeys'.
(c) The Mountain Man's.
(d) Reverend Ross'.
6. What does Beth's mother call her new child?
7. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
(a) Dig a mile long tunnel.
(b) Learn to handle weapons.
(c) Blow down the fence.
(d) Fly over the fence.
8. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
(a) His bedclothes.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) Army clothes.
(d) A Boy Scout uniform.
9. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
(a) Bonnie and Philip.
(b) Luther and Anne.
(c) Beth and Philip.
(d) Eugene and Miss Hunter.
10. What color has Beth's house been painted?
11. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Talk to the sheriff.
(b) Set up his camera equipment.
(c) Move the turkeys into the house.
(d) Guard his turkeys all night.
12. Who drives the school bus?
(a) Mr. Barnes.
(b) Miss Daisy.
(c) Mr. Davis.
(d) Mr. Tomkins.
13. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A saxophone.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A pen.
(d) A guitar pick.
14. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Rotweiller.
(b) A Poodle.
(c) A Chihuahua.
(d) A Pitbull.
15. What does Beth call the puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
2. What kind of puppy does Beth have waiting for her at the beginning of the section?
3. What does Philip say Beth does well considering she's a girl?
4. Whose class is Beth in at school?
5. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)