|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(c) Find a job.
(d) Do her chores.
2. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Rotweiller.
(b) A Poodle.
(c) A Chihuahua.
(d) A Pitbull.
3. What does Beth say she will do to the thieves if they don't stay put?
(a) Make them dance.
(b) Blow out their brains.
(c) Shoot them full of lead.
(d) Scalp them.
4. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
(a) Bonnie and Philip.
(b) Beth and Philip.
(c) Luther and Anne.
(d) Eugene and Miss Hunter.
5. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
(a) Anything that moves.
(c) Bad people.
6. What does Beth name her third dog?
7. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
(a) Bart Simpson.
(b) Cry for help.
(c) Smart Aleck.
8. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) They don't have the money to keep it.
(b) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(c) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
(d) He is making Beth ill.
9. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) A toy soldier.
(c) A coke bottle.
(d) A tin can.
10. What does Beth's mother call her new child?
11. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(b) A marble staircase.
(c) A steel door.
(d) A brand new car bonnet.
12. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
(a) A mole.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A fox.
(d) A rabbit.
13. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A saxophone.
(c) A pen.
(d) A guitar pick.
14. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Benson.
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Davis.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
15. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth call her second puppy?
2. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
3. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
4. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)