Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) Her eyes smile.
(b) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(c) She looks nervous.
(d) She giggles.
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(b) Forgive Me for being Born.
(c) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(d) I never asked for no allergy.
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
(a) Army clothes.
(b) His bedclothes.
(c) A Boy Scout uniform.
(d) An Italian suit.
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A bricklayer.
(c) A baker.
(d) A butcher.
5. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
6. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Pitbull.
(b) A Rotweiller.
(c) A Chihuahua.
(d) A Poodle.
7. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Old Henry.
(b) Blind Jack.
(c) Miss. Riley.
(d) Old Pete.
8. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Geek Boy.
(b) Gorilla Man.
(c) Bearded Lady.
(d) Muscle Man.
9. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
(a) Figure owlt.
(b) Figga eet.
(c) Fagger oot.
(d) Figger out.
10. What kind of weapon does Philip have?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A BB gun.
(c) A ninja star.
(d) A club.
11. What does Beth name her third dog?
12. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Ross.
(b) Reverend Lambert.
(c) Reverend Peterson.
(d) Reverend Regal.
13. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A marble staircase.
(b) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(c) A brand new car bonnet.
(d) A steel door.
14. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(b) He gives her fake money.
(c) He pretends the bus is coming.
(d) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
15. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
2. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
3. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
4. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
5. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)