|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His dimpled smile.
(b) His sparkling eyes.
(c) His mischievious smile.
(d) His wrinkled nose.
2. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(b) Mrs. Benson.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
3. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) Answer Man.
(d) Dr. Halliday.
4. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
(a) She is allergic to dog hair.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She hasn't been eating well enough.
(d) She is allergic to Philip.
6. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
7. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
(a) A flock of seagulls.
(b) A black raincloud.
(c) A gray thunder cloud.
(d) An airplane.
8. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
(a) Luther and Anne.
(b) Eugene and Miss Hunter.
(c) Beth and Philip.
(d) Bonnie and Philip.
9. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A baker.
(b) A bricklayer.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A salesman.
10. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
11. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A pitbull.
(c) A collie.
(d) A rotweiller.
12. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
(a) They don't go near people.
(b) They don't bark.
(c) They don't shed their hair.
(d) They can cope with having no fur.
13. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Lambert.
(b) Reverend Peterson.
(c) Reverend Regal.
(d) Reverend Ross.
14. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Case of the Missing Books.
(b) The Helpful Sermon.
(c) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(d) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
15. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
(a) He hasn't worn a coat.
(b) He hasn't brought his guidebook.
(c) He has no badges.
(d) He doesn't know first aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
2. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
3. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
4. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
5. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)