|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(b) A brand new car bonnet.
(c) A steel door.
(d) A marble staircase.
2. What does Philip warn Beth not to fall on?
(b) Loose stones.
(d) Wet grass.
3. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
(a) Fraidy cats.
4. What color has Beth's house been painted?
5. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A jigsaw piece.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A blue button.
(d) A bullet.
6. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Benson.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
7. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A baker.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A bricklayer.
8. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His sparkling eyes.
(b) His mischievious smile.
(c) His wrinkled nose.
(d) His dimpled smile.
9. What does Beth's mother call her new child?
10. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
11. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) A trench.
(b) A fence.
(c) A dirt road.
(d) Barbed wire.
12. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Ross.
(b) Reverend Lambert.
(c) Reverend Peterson.
(d) Reverend Regal.
13. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(b) Forgive Me for being Born.
(c) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(d) I never asked for no allergy.
14. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
(a) A toy soldier.
(b) A tin can.
(c) A coke bottle.
(d) A beer bottle.
15. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
(a) A mole.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A groundhog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth call the puppy?
2. What is the title of the second chapter?
3. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
4. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
5. What does Beth call her second puppy?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)