|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Answer Man.
(c) Dr. Halliday.
(d) Peter Piper.
2. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
(b) Playing with his dog.
(c) Cleaning his saxophone.
(d) Playing his guitar.
3. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
(a) Bad people.
(d) Anything that moves.
4. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
(a) The pig sty.
(b) The dairy barn.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The cow barn.
5. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
(d) Fraidy cats.
6. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
7. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Geek Boy.
(b) Bearded Lady.
(c) Gorilla Man.
(d) Muscle Man.
8. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She looks nervous.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(d) Her eyes smile.
9. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) A fence.
(c) A trench.
(d) A dirt road.
10. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
(a) His schoolwork.
(b) His feelings for girls.
(c) His relationship with the pigs.
(d) His adult magazines.
11. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
12. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
(a) They don't go near people.
(b) They don't bark.
(c) They don't shed their hair.
(d) They can cope with having no fur.
13. What is the month of the year at the beginning of the first chapter?
14. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Lambert.
(b) Reverend Regal.
(c) Reverend Peterson.
(d) Reverend Ross.
15. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of puppy does Beth have waiting for her at the beginning of the section?
2. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
3. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
4. Whose class is Beth in at school?
5. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)