|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
(a) They don't shed their hair.
(b) They don't go near people.
(c) They can cope with having no fur.
(d) They don't bark.
2. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
3. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
4. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
(a) When she spoke to her mother.
(b) When she first met Friendly.
(c) When she climbed off the school bus.
(d) When she woke up.
5. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
(a) A black raincloud.
(b) A gray thunder cloud.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A flock of seagulls.
6. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) A trench.
(c) A dirt road.
(d) A fence.
7. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
(a) Answer Man.
(b) Dr. Halliday.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Peter Piper.
8. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
9. What does Philip say Beth does well considering she's a girl?
(a) Takes jokes.
(b) Tells jokes.
(c) Draws well.
(d) Runs fast.
10. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
(a) A rotweiller.
(b) A collie.
(c) A pitbull.
(d) A poodle.
11. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A marble staircase.
(b) A brand new car bonnet.
(c) A steel door.
(d) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
12. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
(a) His adult magazines.
(b) His relationship with the pigs.
(c) His schoolwork.
(d) His feelings for girls.
13. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
14. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Playing with his dog.
(d) Cleaning his saxophone.
15. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
2. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
3. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
4. What is the title of the second chapter?
5. What does Pa reply when Ma tells him that is the last time he guards the turkeys all night?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)