|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip warn Beth not to fall on?
(a) Wet grass.
(c) Loose stones.
2. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
(a) Bad people.
(d) Anything that moves.
3. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
4. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(b) Orders her about.
(c) Strums on his guitar.
(d) Tells her stories.
5. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
(a) Turkeys R Us.
(b) Turkey Farming.
(c) Turkey World.
(d) Turkey Delights.
6. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Ross.
(b) Reverend Lambert.
(c) Reverend Peterson.
(d) Reverend Regal.
7. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
8. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A sock.
(c) A blue button.
(d) A jacket.
9. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her nails fall off.
(b) Her feet itch.
(c) Her eyes water.
(d) Her nose runs.
10. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Set up his camera equipment.
(b) Talk to the sheriff.
(c) Move the turkeys into the house.
(d) Guard his turkeys all night.
11. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Benson.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
12. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) A trench.
(b) A fence.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) A dirt road.
13. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
(a) His adult magazines.
(b) His schoolwork.
(c) His relationship with the pigs.
(d) His feelings for girls.
14. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
15. What does Philip say he is going to let Beth do after she finishes her chores?
(a) Hoover his bedroom.
(b) Hose down his truck.
(c) Brush down his cows.
(d) Sweep his hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
2. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
3. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
5. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)