|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
(a) A black raincloud.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A flock of seagulls.
(d) A gray thunder cloud.
2. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
3. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Banging in steel posts.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Feeding the turkeys.
(d) Loading his rifle.
4. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Move the turkeys into the house.
(b) Talk to the sheriff.
(c) Guard his turkeys all night.
(d) Set up his camera equipment.
5. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
(a) A fox.
(b) A mole.
(c) A groundhog.
(d) A rabbit.
6. Who owns the kennel?
(a) Mr. Weathers.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Grant.
(d) Mr. Davis.
7. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
8. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A baker.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A bricklayer.
9. What does Beth name her third dog?
10. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
11. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Geek Boy.
(b) Gorilla Man.
(c) Muscle Man.
(d) Bearded Lady.
12. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her heart.
13. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
(a) Smart Aleck.
(b) Bart Simpson.
(d) Cry for help.
14. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(b) Do her chores.
(c) Find a job.
15. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Old Pete.
(b) Blind Jack.
(c) Old Henry.
(d) Miss. Riley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
2. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
3. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
4. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
5. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)