|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
2. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
3. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
(a) The Electric Man.
(b) The Monster of the Mountain.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) The Elephant Man.
4. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
(a) Turkeys R Us.
(b) Turkey Farming.
(c) Turkey Delights.
(d) Turkey World.
5. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
(a) A carnival train.
(b) A passenger train.
(c) A circus train.
(d) A mail train.
6. What does Beth say she will do to the thieves if they don't stay put?
(a) Shoot them full of lead.
(b) Blow out their brains.
(c) Scalp them.
(d) Make them dance.
7. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
(b) Playing with his dog.
(c) Playing his guitar.
(d) Cleaning his saxophone.
9. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(b) He gives her fake money.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He pretends the bus is coming.
10. What does Philip say he is going to let Beth do after she finishes her chores?
(a) Hoover his bedroom.
(b) Sweep his hallway.
(c) Brush down his cows.
(d) Hose down his truck.
11. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
(a) He hasn't brought his guidebook.
(b) He hasn't worn a coat.
(c) He doesn't know first aid.
(d) He has no badges.
12. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) Reverend Ross'.
(c) The Mountain Man's.
(d) The turkeys'.
13. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
(a) Mother Earth.
14. What does Pa reply when Ma tells him that is the last time he guards the turkeys all night?
(b) Be quiet.
15. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(b) She looks nervous.
(c) Her eyes smile.
(d) She giggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
2. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
3. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
4. What does Beth call her second puppy?
5. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)