|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
2. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Talk to the sheriff.
(b) Guard his turkeys all night.
(c) Set up his camera equipment.
(d) Move the turkeys into the house.
3. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
(a) They don't bark.
(b) They can cope with having no fur.
(c) They don't go near people.
(d) They don't shed their hair.
4. What kind of puppy does Beth have waiting for her at the beginning of the section?
(a) A sausage dog.
(b) A collie.
(c) A rotweiller.
(d) A poodle.
5. Who is sitting on the porch when Beth arrives home?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her older brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She looks nervous.
(c) Her eyes smile.
(d) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
7. What color has Beth's house been painted?
8. What does Philip say Beth does well considering she's a girl?
(a) Draws well.
(b) Takes jokes.
(c) Tells jokes.
(d) Runs fast.
9. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Helpful Sermon.
(b) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
(c) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(d) The Case of the Missing Books.
10. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
(a) She has a panic attack.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She faints.
(d) She begins sneezing.
11. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
12. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
(a) Smart Aleck.
(b) Cry for help.
(d) Bart Simpson.
13. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
(a) Turkey World.
(b) Turkey Delights.
(c) Turkey Farming.
(d) Turkeys R Us.
14. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
(d) Mother Earth.
15. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
2. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
3. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
4. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
5. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)