|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth say she will do to the thieves if they don't stay put?
(a) Scalp them.
(b) Shoot them full of lead.
(c) Make them dance.
(d) Blow out their brains.
2. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(a) Tells her stories.
(b) Orders her about.
(d) Strums on his guitar.
4. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) An ax.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A rifle.
5. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
6. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) The Mountain Man's.
(b) Reverend Ross'.
(d) The turkeys'.
7. Who is the number one student in Mrs. Johnson's class in Beth's dream?
8. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
(b) Fraidy cats.
9. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
10. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
(b) Mother Earth.
11. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
(a) Laughing at people.
(b) Eating with your mouth open.
(c) Pointing at people.
(d) Listening to other people's conversations.
12. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
(b) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(c) He is making Beth ill.
(d) They don't have the money to keep it.
13. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
14. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
(a) When she climbed off the school bus.
(b) When she woke up.
(c) When she spoke to her mother.
(d) When she first met Friendly.
15. What kind of weapon does Philip have?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A BB gun.
(c) A club.
(d) A ninja star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
2. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
3. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
4. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
5. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)