|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A saxophone.
(b) A guitar pick.
(c) A pen.
(d) A notebook.
2. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
(a) A carnival train.
(b) A mail train.
(c) A passenger train.
(d) A circus train.
3. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(b) He is making Beth ill.
(c) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
(d) They don't have the money to keep it.
4. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
5. What color has Beth's house been painted?
6. What is the name of Beth's school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Benson.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
7. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Move the turkeys into the house.
(b) Set up his camera equipment.
(c) Talk to the sheriff.
(d) Guard his turkeys all night.
8. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her mouth.
9. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) An ax.
(d) A machine gun.
10. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
(a) Fraidy cats.
11. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) The Mountain Man's.
(b) Reverend Ross'.
(c) The turkeys'.
12. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(b) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(c) He pretends the bus is coming.
(d) He gives her fake money.
13. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She looks nervous.
(d) Her eyes smile.
14. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
15. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His wrinkled nose.
(b) His dimpled smile.
(c) His mischievious smile.
(d) His sparkling eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
2. Who does Beth say switches off the nightlight?
3. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
4. What does Beth's mother call her new child?
5. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)