|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
2. What does Philip say he is going to start calling members of the Tiger Hunter's Club who fear girls?
(c) Fraidy cats.
3. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
4. Why does the book think Beth may not be allergic to poodles?
(a) They don't go near people.
(b) They don't bark.
(c) They can cope with having no fur.
(d) They don't shed their hair.
5. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Poodle.
(b) A Pitbull.
(c) A Chihuahua.
(d) A Rotweiller.
6. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
(a) Fagger oot.
(b) Figure owlt.
(c) Figger out.
(d) Figga eet.
7. What does Beth decide to buy Philip for his birthday?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A pen.
(c) A guitar pick.
(d) A saxophone.
8. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Muscle Man.
(b) Gorilla Man.
(c) Bearded Lady.
(d) Geek Boy.
9. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(b) He gives her fake money.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He pretends the bus is coming.
10. What is the name of Pa's favorite magazine?
(a) Turkey Delights.
(b) Turkey World.
(c) Turkey Farming.
(d) Turkeys R Us.
11. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
(a) He hasn't worn a coat.
(b) He doesn't know first aid.
(c) He hasn't brought his guidebook.
(d) He has no badges.
12. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
13. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Case of the Missing Books.
(b) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(c) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
(d) The Helpful Sermon.
14. What is the name of the town's Reverend?
(a) Reverend Lambert.
(b) Reverend Ross.
(c) Reverend Regal.
(d) Reverend Peterson.
15. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His mischievious smile.
(b) His wrinkled nose.
(c) His sparkling eyes.
(d) His dimpled smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa reply when Ma tells him that is the last time he guards the turkeys all night?
2. What is Philip doing in the barn when Beth enters?
3. What color has Beth's house been painted?
4. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
5. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)