|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A marble staircase.
(b) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(c) A steel door.
(d) A brand new car bonnet.
2. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
3. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
(a) A Boy Scout uniform.
(b) His bedclothes.
(c) An Italian suit.
(d) Army clothes.
4. Why does Beth call Philip a silly scout?
(a) He hasn't brought his guidebook.
(b) He doesn't know first aid.
(c) He has no badges.
(d) He hasn't worn a coat.
5. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Blind Jack.
(b) Miss. Riley.
(c) Old Pete.
(d) Old Henry.
6. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(b) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(c) He pretends the bus is coming.
(d) He gives her fake money.
7. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His mischievious smile.
(b) His dimpled smile.
(c) His wrinkled nose.
(d) His sparkling eyes.
8. What kind of animal does Pa ask Beth to pretend to be?
(a) A cow.
(b) A duck.
(c) A fox.
(d) A turkey.
9. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
10. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Do her chores.
11. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
(a) His schoolwork.
(b) His relationship with the pigs.
(c) His feelings for girls.
(d) His adult magazines.
12. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
(a) Blow down the fence.
(b) Learn to handle weapons.
(c) Dig a mile long tunnel.
(d) Fly over the fence.
13. What noise does Beth hear outside her bedroom window?
14. What kind of weapon does Philip have?
(a) A ninja star.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A club.
(d) A BB gun.
15. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
3. What does Beth say passes before the moon as she guards the turkeys?
4. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
5. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)