|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
(a) Dig a mile long tunnel.
(b) Blow down the fence.
(c) Learn to handle weapons.
(d) Fly over the fence.
2. What does Beth call the puppy?
3. What does Beth name her third dog?
4. What does fear strike in Beth's chest like?
(a) A fork of lightning.
(b) A woman's slap.
(c) A headbutt.
(d) A fighter's fist.
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(b) I never asked for no allergy.
(c) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(d) Forgive Me for being Born.
6. Who owns the kennel?
(a) Mr. Davis.
(b) Mr. Grant.
(c) Mr. Weathers.
(d) Mr. Smith.
7. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Pitbull.
(b) A Rotweiller.
(c) A Poodle.
(d) A Chihuahua.
8. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her stomach.
9. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
(a) Mud colored.
(b) Chocolate colored.
(c) Cream colored.
(d) Coffee colored.
10. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
(a) The Elephant Man.
(b) The Monster of the Mountain.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) The Electric Man.
11. What does Philip tell Beth he is going to shoot with his BB gun?
(a) Bad people.
(c) Anything that moves.
12. Whose class is Beth in at school?
(a) Mrs. Johnson's.
(b) Mrs. Gordon's.
(c) Mr. Wren's.
(d) Miss. Wiley's.
13. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
(a) A circus train.
(b) A carnival train.
(c) A mail train.
(d) A passenger train.
14. Who is sitting on the porch when Beth arrives home?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her older brother.
15. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
2. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
3. What does Luther say Beth is not yet old enough to understand?
4. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
5. What is the title of the second chapter?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)