|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
(b) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
(c) The Case of the Missing Books.
(d) The Helpful Sermon.
2. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
(a) A tin can.
(b) A beer bottle.
(c) A toy soldier.
(d) A coke bottle.
3. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
(a) A groundhog.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A mole.
4. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
(a) Laughing at people.
(b) Eating with your mouth open.
(c) Listening to other people's conversations.
(d) Pointing at people.
5. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His wrinkled nose.
(b) His mischievious smile.
(c) His dimpled smile.
(d) His sparkling eyes.
6. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
7. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her feet itch.
(b) Her nails fall off.
(c) Her nose runs.
(d) Her eyes water.
8. What does Beth's mother call her new child?
9. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(a) Strums on his guitar.
(b) Orders her about.
(d) Tells her stories.
10. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Do her chores.
11. What does Beth say she will do to the thieves if they don't stay put?
(a) Blow out their brains.
(b) Scalp them.
(c) Shoot them full of lead.
(d) Make them dance.
12. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
13. What does Beth call the puppy?
14. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins sneezing.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She has a panic attack.
15. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) The turkeys'.
(c) Reverend Ross'.
(d) The Mountain Man's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Linwood claim to have seen?
2. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
4. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
5. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)