|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(b) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(c) I never asked for no allergy.
(d) Forgive Me for being Born.
2. What does Philip warn Beth not to fall on?
(c) Loose stones.
(d) Wet grass.
3. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
(a) A steel door.
(b) Black shoes on a Sunday morning.
(c) A brand new car bonnet.
(d) A marble staircase.
4. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Muscle Man.
(b) Bearded Lady.
(c) Gorilla Man.
(d) Geek Boy.
5. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
(b) He is making Beth ill.
(c) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(d) They don't have the money to keep it.
6. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the bus is coming.
(b) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(c) He gives her fake money.
(d) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
7. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
(a) She hasn't been eating well enough.
(b) She is allergic to Philip.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is allergic to dog hair.
8. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
9. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
(a) The cow barn.
(b) The dairy barn.
(c) The pig sty.
(d) His bedroom.
10. What does Philip wear while helping to guard the turkeys?
(a) Army clothes.
(b) His bedclothes.
(c) A Boy Scout uniform.
(d) An Italian suit.
11. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her nose runs.
(b) Her feet itch.
(c) Her eyes water.
(d) Her nails fall off.
12. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Guard his turkeys all night.
(b) Set up his camera equipment.
(c) Move the turkeys into the house.
(d) Talk to the sheriff.
13. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
14. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
(a) Fly over the fence.
(b) Blow down the fence.
(c) Dig a mile long tunnel.
(d) Learn to handle weapons.
15. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Loading his rifle.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Feeding the turkeys.
(d) Banging in steel posts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
2. What does Beth call the puppy?
3. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
4. What does Pa reply when Ma tells him that is the last time he guards the turkeys all night?
5. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)