|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Brennan say is wrong with Beth?
(a) She hasn't been eating well enough.
(b) She is allergic to Philip.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is allergic to dog hair.
2. What does Beth name her third dog?
3. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
(c) Her eyes smile.
(d) She looks nervous.
4. What is Beth eating for breakfast at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
6. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
(a) Bonnie and Philip.
(b) Eugene and Miss Hunter.
(c) Luther and Anne.
(d) Beth and Philip.
7. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His mischievious smile.
(b) His wrinkled nose.
(c) His sparkling eyes.
(d) His dimpled smile.
8. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) A coke bottle.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A toy soldier.
9. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) A fence.
(c) A dirt road.
(d) A trench.
10. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Finding Life Hard Down Here.
(b) Forgive Me for being Born.
(c) Never Saw the Point Myself.
(d) I never asked for no allergy.
11. What did Beth's father trade for the puppy?
12. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
(a) A mail train.
(b) A circus train.
(c) A passenger train.
(d) A carnival train.
13. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
14. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
15. What does Beth call the puppy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Beth halfway home with the puppy?
2. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
3. What was the circus' main attraction?
4. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
5. What does Philip say he is going to let Beth do after she finishes her chores?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)