|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to congratulate Beth for being the number one student?
2. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
3. What does Beth call the puppy?
4. What kind of animal does Beth think could have tunneled its way into the turkey yard?
(a) A fox.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A mole.
5. What kind of dog breed does Beth get for the third time?
(a) A rotweiller.
(b) A collie.
(c) A pitbull.
(d) A poodle.
6. What does Philip warn Beth not to fall on?
(b) Wet grass.
(c) Loose stones.
7. What does Pa say he is going to do until the Answer Man answers his questions?
(a) Talk to the sheriff.
(b) Move the turkeys into the house.
(c) Guard his turkeys all night.
(d) Set up his camera equipment.
8. Who helps Beth guard the turkeys?
9. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
10. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
(a) A toy soldier.
(b) A coke bottle.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A beer bottle.
11. Who is the number one student in Mrs. Johnson's class in Beth's dream?
12. What does Beth call her second puppy?
(c) Big Boy.
13. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(b) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(c) He gives her fake money.
(d) He pretends the bus is coming.
14. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
15. Whose class is Beth in at school?
(a) Miss. Wiley's.
(b) Mrs. Johnson's.
(c) Mr. Wren's.
(d) Mrs. Gordon's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does fear strike in Beth's chest like?
2. What is Calvin Cook's job?
3. What does Beth find while looking for the missing turkeys?
4. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
5. What kind of weapon does Pa have with him when he confronts the thieves?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)