|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Calvin Cook's job?
(a) A baker.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A bricklayer.
(d) A butcher.
2. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
(a) A blue button.
(b) A sock.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A pencil.
3. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He pretends the bus is coming.
(b) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He gives her fake money.
4. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her stomach.
5. What does Beth say Philip's gun couldn't knock down?
(a) A tin can.
(b) A toy soldier.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A coke bottle.
6. What is Beth's father doing in the yard at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Feeding the turkeys.
(c) Loading his rifle.
(d) Banging in steel posts.
7. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(a) Orders her about.
(b) Tells her stories.
(d) Strums on his guitar.
8. What does Beth's mother say is improper?
(a) Listening to other people's conversations.
(b) Laughing at people.
(c) Eating with your mouth open.
(d) Pointing at people.
9. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
10. What does Dr. Brennan come to pick up?
11. What was the circus' main attraction?
(a) Geek Boy.
(b) Bearded Lady.
(c) Muscle Man.
(d) Gorilla Man.
12. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
(a) Beth and Philip.
(b) Eugene and Miss Hunter.
(c) Bonnie and Philip.
(d) Luther and Anne.
13. Who brings the mail to Beth's house?
(a) Old Henry.
(b) Miss. Riley.
(c) Old Pete.
(d) Blind Jack.
14. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(b) They don't have the money to keep it.
(c) He is making Beth ill.
(d) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
15. What does Beth say she will do to the thieves if they don't stay put?
(a) Make them dance.
(b) Blow out their brains.
(c) Scalp them.
(d) Shoot them full of lead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates the Lambert Pig Farm from the Hall Dairy Farm?
2. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
3. What does Pa try to outwit the turkey thieves with?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. What does Beth say her father's face looks as polished as?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)