|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
2. Who does Beth find sitting on her porch when she arrives home at the end of the section?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What does Beth say expands to twice its size when Philip congratulates her?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her heart.
4. Whose cry does Beth describe as untamed?
(a) The turkeys'.
(c) The Mountain Man's.
(d) Reverend Ross'.
5. What kind of animals does Luther take care of?
6. What does Beth say she hears the sounds of in her voice?
(a) Cry for help.
(b) Bart Simpson.
(d) Smart Aleck.
7. What does Beth call her second puppy?
(a) Big Boy.
8. What does Beth name her third dog?
9. What kind of train derailed five miles from Pocahontas in 1938?
(a) A passenger train.
(b) A circus train.
(c) A carnival train.
(d) A mail train.
10. What kind of dog does the kennel owner give Beth after Friendly?
(a) A Chihuahua.
(b) A Poodle.
(c) A Rotweiller.
(d) A Pitbull.
11. Who does Eugene send to fetch the sheriff?
12. How does Pa pronounce "figure out"?
(a) Fagger oot.
(b) Figga eet.
(c) Figure owlt.
(d) Figger out.
13. What is the title of the second chapter?
(a) Sweet, Sweet Jane.
(b) The Case of the Missing Books.
(c) The Helpful Sermon.
(d) The Case of the Missing Turkeys.
14. How does Beth's mother give away the fact Beth's father has bought the puppy?
(a) She looks nervous.
(b) She giggles.
(c) Her eyes smile.
(d) She removes dog hair from her clothes.
15. What does Beth's father think the foxes would have to do to get at his turkeys?
(a) Fly over the fence.
(b) Blow down the fence.
(c) Dig a mile long tunnel.
(d) Learn to handle weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
2. When does Beth say her symptoms first started?
3. Who owns the kennel?
4. Who does Beth say has all the answers?
5. What color has Beth's house been painted?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)