|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Calf-Raising Contest.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a symptom of Beth's illness?
(a) Her nails fall off.
(b) Her feet itch.
(c) Her nose runs.
(d) Her eyes water.
2. What does Beth let slip to Philip at the end of the section?
(a) That she is angry at him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she is leaving for college.
(d) That she wants to be his girlfriend.
3. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(b) Do her chores.
(d) Find a job.
4. Who is sitting on the porch when Beth arrives home?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her older brother.
5. What reminds Beth of the reason she thinks Philip is the cutest guy in the school?
(a) His mischievious smile.
(b) His sparkling eyes.
(c) His dimpled smile.
(d) His wrinkled nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bonnie making for the fair?
2. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Who is the President of the Pretty Pennies?
4. How does Mrs. Hall thank Beth for finding her son?
5. What does Beth say she will do to the thieves if they don't stay put?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)