|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Pretty Pennies Picket.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the month of the year at the beginning of the first chapter?
2. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A troop line.
(b) A circle.
(c) A square dance.
(d) A picket line.
3. What kind of vehicle do the Blakes own?
(a) A motorbike and sidecar.
(b) An oil tanker.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A milk float.
4. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(b) Tells her stories.
(c) Orders her about.
(d) Strums on his guitar.
5. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Do her chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does fear strike in Beth's chest like?
2. What is the month of the year at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does Pa find while looking for the missing turkeys?
4. What member of her family does Beth visit in this section?
5. Why does Dr. Brennen say he is so impressed with Beth?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)