|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Pretty Pennies Picket.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on the porch when Beth arrives home?
(a) Her older brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What do Beth and the others form at the front of Mr. Putterham's store?
(a) A square dance.
(b) A troop line.
(c) A picket line.
(d) A circle.
3. Why won't Beth's mother let Beth keep the puppy?
(a) They don't have the money to keep it.
(b) It has been eyeing up the turkeys.
(c) He is making Beth ill.
(d) It has been destroying Beth's clothes.
4. What does Bonnie say Mr. Putterham would do to his mother in broad daylight?
(a) Poison her.
(b) Run her over.
(c) Strangle her.
(d) Stab her.
5. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He gives her fake money.
(b) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(c) He pretends the bus is coming.
(d) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing outside with Friendly the next morning?
2. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
3. What does Beth say they should challenge the Tiger Hunter's Club to?
4. What is Calvin Cook's job?
5. What does Bonnie act as though she invented?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)