Chapter 1: Philip Hall Likes Me. I Reckon Maybe
1. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
2. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(c) Find a job.
(d) Do her chores.
3. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The pig sty.
(c) The cow barn.
(d) The dairy barn.
4. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(a) Tells her stories.
(b) Orders her about.
(c) Strums on his guitar.
5. Whose class is Beth in at school?
(a) Mr. Wren's.
(b) Miss. Wiley's.
(c) Mrs. Johnson's.
(d) Mrs. Gordon's.
6. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
(a) Mud colored.
(b) Chocolate colored.
(c) Cream colored.
(d) Coffee colored.
7. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
(b) He gives her fake money.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He pretends the bus is coming.
This section contains 3,811 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)