Chapter 1: Philip Hall Likes Me. I Reckon Maybe
1. What is Mama making Beth for breakfast?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Cinnamon toast.
2. What does Mama want Beth to do instead of thinking about Philip Hall?
(c) Find a job.
(d) Do her chores.
3. What does Beth clean out for Philip?
(a) The pig sty.
(b) The cow barn.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The dairy barn.
4. What does Philip do while Beth does his chores?
(b) Strums on his guitar.
(c) Orders her about.
(d) Tells her stories.
5. Whose class is Beth in at school?
(a) Mr. Wren's.
(b) Mrs. Johnson's.
(c) Mrs. Gordon's.
(d) Miss. Wiley's.
6. How does Beth describe the color of Philip's skin?
(a) Mud colored.
(b) Cream colored.
(c) Coffee colored.
(d) Chocolate colored.
7. How does Philip Hall fool Beth in this section?
(a) He gives her fake money.
(b) He pretends the bus is coming.
(c) He pretends the puddle water is shallow.
(d) He puts itching powder in the sweets he gives her.
This section contains 3,811 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)