Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
2. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
3. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
5. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
Describe the Lord family, their social class, and their priorities. How is their main priority integral to the theme of the play? Which members of the family illustrate it the most and why?
Analyze Sidney Kidd, his role in the play, and how the other characters respond to him. What are his surprising actions at the end of the play? Why do they either dispute or confirm the opinions of him for the other characters? What does Kidd represent to the subplot his character is involved in, and what does he highlight in the overall theme of the play?
The main symbol used in The Philadelphia Story is the boat that Dexter previously built for Tracy when they were married.
1) How does Dexter's wedding present introduce the boat into the play? What are the reactions to it from Tracy and other characters? What is interesting about the plans Dexter has for the boat as he describes them to Tracy?
2) What is the significance of the name of the boat and what does it mean to both characters?
3) How does Tracy relate herself with the boat, what are the characteristics that she shares with it, and why are they important to her development?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)