|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy tell Mike he needs more of while they are talking about her pending marriage?
2. What does Dexter say is likely to happen when Tracy awakes?
3. What is George not willing consider, according to Dexter?
4. What does Dexter do with the jewelry he finds?
5. What happened to Tracy when she got into the water, as Mike explains to Dexter and George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Lord family, their social class, and their priorities. How is their main priority integral to the theme of the play? Which members of the family illustrate it the most and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does George represent the same type of characteristics that Tracy displayed in the beginning of the play? Why is Tracy now able to recognize them? What are the unrealistic expectations George is placing on Tracy? How do they lead to her decision about their wedding plans? What is the author illustrating with George's behavior in the last 2 parts of the play and why is it necessary for Tracy's character as well?
Essay Topic 3
Describe 2 examples of how Dexter deliberately stands in George's way and prevents him from doing something. Why does the author choose Dexter to perform this role? In each case, what is significant about Dexter's actions, and what do you think his motivations are for doing them? How does George's character respond and what does that show about his role in the plot?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)