|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sandy tell Sidney Kidd that Mike is asking for him?
2. What are Mike, Liz, Seth, and Uncle Willie discussing when the servant interrupts them before the pre-wedding dinner?
3. What does Tracy envy about Sandy, as she admits in the first part of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Uncle Willie tell Dinah his opinion of George is?
5. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tracy and Liz are parallel characters in many ways. What are some examples of how they are placed in similar situations, but respond differently? What issues do they share similar views on? Overall, what is Liz's main purpose in the play? What does she illustrate in Tracy's character, along with Tracy's own actions? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Lord family, their social class, and their priorities. How is their main priority integral to the theme of the play? Which members of the family illustrate it the most and why?
Essay Topic 3
Chronicle Sandy's role in the play and what he adds to both the subplot he is involved in as well as the main plot. Also, use examples from the play to answer the following:
1) How does Sandy change during the play? What characters or events influence his change?
2) What does Sandy represent to Tracy and why is that important to the development of her character?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)