|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the boat Dexter built, according to Tracy?
2. What does Liz tell Mike about his job with the magazine after hearing Sandy's plan?
3. What important piece of information does Dinah share with Tracy in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1 take place?
5. What does Tracy think she hears as she and Sandy are talking about Mike's feelings for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tracy and Mike's evening together after the pre-wedding dinner. What are the motivations behind their actions? Are they based on emotions or their state of mind? Why does the author choose to have the characters interact with each other in this way? What does it cause them to realize and how does that reflect the message Barry is delivering?
Essay Topic 2
What are the key points that Dexter makes about Tracy during their argument before the pre-wedding dinner? Why do these points have such an impact on Tracy? What do they confirm about her personality that she may have already been thinking? How does Tracy choose to respond to them? Why?
Essay Topic 3
As Mike and Liz are talking, they analyze what people's names might represent. How are Dexter and George pre-judged based on their names alone? Do those judgments turn out to be right or wrong? Why? What point does Liz make about Mike's name? Why is that relevant to the way he is viewing Dexter? What other examples does Liz use to illustrate her point that you cannot always judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a people by their names?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)