|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tracy and Mike greet each other in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Dexter call Tracy in his attempt to explain her to George in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
3. What does George ask Dexter when he first sees him on the wedding day?
4. What did Tracy call him about, according to what Dexter tells Uncle Willie?
5. According to her conversation with Sandy, what would Liz do if another woman came into Mike's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does George represent the same type of characteristics that Tracy displayed in the beginning of the play? Why is Tracy now able to recognize them? What are the unrealistic expectations George is placing on Tracy? How do they lead to her decision about their wedding plans? What is the author illustrating with George's behavior in the last 2 parts of the play and why is it necessary for Tracy's character as well?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Sidney Kidd, his role in the play, and how the other characters respond to him. What are his surprising actions at the end of the play? Why do they either dispute or confirm the opinions of him for the other characters? What does Kidd represent to the subplot his character is involved in, and what does he highlight in the overall theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dexter and George. Use specific examples from the play to analyze both characters, their differences, and if there are any ways they are alike. Also, include how each character develops and why they ended up in the places they did at the end of the play.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)