|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz answer when Sandy asks if she is in love with Mike?
2. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
3. What does Tracy tell the maid to do with Dexter's present?
4. What does George think of being included in a magazine article?
5. What does Tracy envy about Sandy, as she admits in the first part of Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Lord family, their social class, and their priorities. How is their main priority integral to the theme of the play? Which members of the family illustrate it the most and why?
Essay Topic 2
Tracy and Liz are parallel characters in many ways. What are some examples of how they are placed in similar situations, but respond differently? What issues do they share similar views on? Overall, what is Liz's main purpose in the play? What does she illustrate in Tracy's character, along with Tracy's own actions? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 3
Describe 2 examples of how Dexter deliberately stands in George's way and prevents him from doing something. Why does the author choose Dexter to perform this role? In each case, what is significant about Dexter's actions, and what do you think his motivations are for doing them? How does George's character respond and what does that show about his role in the plot?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)