|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
2. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
3. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
5. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Sidney Kidd, his role in the play, and how the other characters respond to him. What are his surprising actions at the end of the play? Why do they either dispute or confirm the opinions of him for the other characters? What does Kidd represent to the subplot his character is involved in, and what does he highlight in the overall theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe 2 examples of how Dexter deliberately stands in George's way and prevents him from doing something. Why does the author choose Dexter to perform this role? In each case, what is significant about Dexter's actions, and what do you think his motivations are for doing them? How does George's character respond and what does that show about his role in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are the key points that Dexter makes about Tracy during their argument before the pre-wedding dinner? Why do these points have such an impact on Tracy? What do they confirm about her personality that she may have already been thinking? How does Tracy choose to respond to them? Why?
This section contains 1,530 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)