Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
2. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
3. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
5. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
Essay Topic 1
Describe 2 examples of how Dexter deliberately stands in George's way and prevents him from doing something. Why does the author choose Dexter to perform this role? In each case, what is significant about Dexter's actions, and what do you think his motivations are for doing them? How does George's character respond and what does that show about his role in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
As Mike and Liz are talking, they analyze what people's names might represent. How are Dexter and George pre-judged based on their names alone? Do those judgments turn out to be right or wrong? Why? What point does Liz make about Mike's name? Why is that relevant to the way he is viewing Dexter? What other examples does Liz use to illustrate her point that you cannot always judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a people by their names?
Essay Topic 3
Tracy uses 2 words in the play that warrant explanations.
1) Describe the word, "yare," what it means, and how it is used.
2) Describe the word, "gyp," what it means, and how it is used.
3) In general, why do you think the author chose Tracy to use these words that are not part of normal vocabulary? What does it add to her character?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)