Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
2. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
3. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
5. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
Essay Topic 1
Barry uses several key literary elements in The Philadelphia Story to make his point about the upper and lower class lifestyle differences.
1) Describe 2 examples of irony used in the play, why it was used, and how it added to the plot.
2) Describe 2 examples of foreshadowing used in the play, how Barry uses it, and what it added to the story.
3) Describe the pace of the play and how Barry uses dialogue to contribute to the effectiveness of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail 3 ways that the Lord family uses extreme measures to preserve their reputation. Include why this is important to them, which other characters are involved, and how their actions illustrate one of the main themes in the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does George represent the same type of characteristics that Tracy displayed in the beginning of the play? Why is Tracy now able to recognize them? What are the unrealistic expectations George is placing on Tracy? How do they lead to her decision about their wedding plans? What is the author illustrating with George's behavior in the last 2 parts of the play and why is it necessary for Tracy's character as well?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)