|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Tracy give for not drinking with the other characters in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
2. What does George want to build for Tracy?
3. What does Tracy think of Dexter's wedding present, as she reveals to him in the final act?
4. How does Tracy address the guests in the drawing room after she decides not to marry George or Mike?
5. What does Tracy say she is as a result of the previous night's events?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Mike's proposal to Tracy represent in his character? Why is he now in a place where he can make such a decision to help her in this way? How does Tracy respond to Mike's proposal and why is that relevant to the personal growth she is experiencing? What reasoning does Tracy use to justify her answer? What does it say about her character when she chooses to face the apparent humiliation of canceling a wedding rather than do something that would not be good for someone else?
Essay Topic 2
Tracy uses 2 words in the play that warrant explanations.
1) Describe the word, "yare," what it means, and how it is used.
2) Describe the word, "gyp," what it means, and how it is used.
3) In general, why do you think the author chose Tracy to use these words that are not part of normal vocabulary? What does it add to her character?
Essay Topic 3
What are the key points that Dexter makes about Tracy during their argument before the pre-wedding dinner? Why do these points have such an impact on Tracy? What do they confirm about her personality that she may have already been thinking? How does Tracy choose to respond to them? Why?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)