|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
2. What does Tracy suggest would wake her and Mike up?
3. What does George insist happens after the wedding, making Tracy angry?
4. Where does Uncle Willie tell everyone to go for the pre-wedding dinner?
5. What does Liz answer when Sandy asks if she is in love with Mike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does George represent the same type of characteristics that Tracy displayed in the beginning of the play? Why is Tracy now able to recognize them? What are the unrealistic expectations George is placing on Tracy? How do they lead to her decision about their wedding plans? What is the author illustrating with George's behavior in the last 2 parts of the play and why is it necessary for Tracy's character as well?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail 3 ways that the Lord family uses extreme measures to preserve their reputation. Include why this is important to them, which other characters are involved, and how their actions illustrate one of the main themes in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Lord family, their social class, and their priorities. How is their main priority integral to the theme of the play? Which members of the family illustrate it the most and why?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)