|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mike tell Tracy that she should not marry George?
2. What is Sandy carrying in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
3. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
4. What does Tracy try to do when her conversation with Mike reminds her of Dexter?
5. What causes Liz and Mike to realize what is going on at the Lord house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the steps the Lord family takes to correct the situation they are in and why it is significant to Tracy's personal situation. How does it affect her development? Does it make it easier or more difficult? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does Mike's proposal to Tracy represent in his character? Why is he now in a place where he can make such a decision to help her in this way? How does Tracy respond to Mike's proposal and why is that relevant to the personal growth she is experiencing? What reasoning does Tracy use to justify her answer? What does it say about her character when she chooses to face the apparent humiliation of canceling a wedding rather than do something that would not be good for someone else?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Sidney Kidd, his role in the play, and how the other characters respond to him. What are his surprising actions at the end of the play? Why do they either dispute or confirm the opinions of him for the other characters? What does Kidd represent to the subplot his character is involved in, and what does he highlight in the overall theme of the play?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)