|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George insist happens after the wedding, making Tracy angry?
2. Where does Uncle Willie tell everyone to go for the pre-wedding dinner?
3. What does Tracy tell Mike he needs more of while they are talking about her pending marriage?
4. What does Dexter mention that causes Tracy to remember what happened the night before?
5. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she saw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Sidney Kidd, his role in the play, and how the other characters respond to him. What are his surprising actions at the end of the play? Why do they either dispute or confirm the opinions of him for the other characters? What does Kidd represent to the subplot his character is involved in, and what does he highlight in the overall theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What are the key points that Dexter makes about Tracy during their argument before the pre-wedding dinner? Why do these points have such an impact on Tracy? What do they confirm about her personality that she may have already been thinking? How does Tracy choose to respond to them? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, what were the 3 events that impacted Tracy's transformation the most? Describe them in detail, including which characters they involved and why. Also, use the play to explain why you chose those events as the most meaningful.
This section contains 1,522 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)