Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
2. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
3. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
5. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
Describe the steps the Lord family takes to correct the situation they are in and why it is significant to Tracy's personal situation. How does it affect her development? Does it make it easier or more difficult? Why?
Describe the connection between Tracy and Dexter and how it developed from the beginning of the play to the conclusion. Why is the ending so effective in illustrating their connection? What does their relationship prove to Tracy and how does it reinforce what she is learning? Has Dexter changed at all during the play in order to reestablish the connection? If so, in what ways? Most importantly, how does their marriage at the end complete Tracy's journey and make her "human?" What does that really mean for her and why is it an important part of her happiness?
Describe Tracy and Mike's evening together after the pre-wedding dinner. What are the motivations behind their actions? Are they based on emotions or their state of mind? Why does the author choose to have the characters interact with each other in this way? What does it cause them to realize and how does that reflect the message Barry is delivering?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)