|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although he does not agree with her assessment, what does Tracy apologize to Seth for on the day of the wedding?
2. How do Tracy and Sandy describe George's emotional state at the dinner?
3. What clothes are Tracy and Sandy wearing?
4. What does Tracy notice about Mike that is different as she talks with him in the first part of Act 3?
5. What does Tracy see in Dexter's eyes when she talks to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tracy uses 2 words in the play that warrant explanations.
1) Describe the word, "yare," what it means, and how it is used.
2) Describe the word, "gyp," what it means, and how it is used.
3) In general, why do you think the author chose Tracy to use these words that are not part of normal vocabulary? What does it add to her character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Lord family, their social class, and their priorities. How is their main priority integral to the theme of the play? Which members of the family illustrate it the most and why?
Essay Topic 3
Tracy and Mike are naturally drawn together because of their similar journeys.
1) How are Tracy and Mike both facing similar problems with their outlook on life. In what ways are they different?
2) What main things has Tracy learned from Mike and what has he learned from her? Why are those lessons essential to the overall message in the play?
3) Which character traits do Tracy and Mike have that make them both receptive to each other?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)