|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sandy going to get at the library?
(a) A book on mining.
(b) The Lord's family tree.
(c) George's family tree.
(d) A book on weddings.
2. What does Tracy say to Mike about his writing?
(a) She cannot figure him out.
(b) She has him totally figured out.
(c) She thinks his stories are too short.
(d) She does not like his stories.
3. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Why Tracy stayed with him so long.
(b) Why Tracy didn't tell him about her upcoming marriage.
(c) Why Tracy and George are getting married.
(d) Why Tracy left him.
4. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
(a) If Tracy hit him.
(b) If Dexter left her without saying anything.
(c) If Tracy left him without saying anything.
(d) If Dexter hit her.
5. What question does Mike ask Sandy about George and Tracy?
(a) How long ago they met.
(b) How they met.
(c) What Dexter thinks about them.
(d) Why it took them so long to meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Uncle Willie suggest he might invite to the wedding?
2. What foreign language is Dinah speaking around Mike and Liz?
3. How does Dinah know that Dexter is back in town?
4. What does Margaret tell Dexter when he arrives at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
5. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two guests approaching the Lord house at the end of Act 1, Part 2, and why is their purpose for being there ironic?
2. What does Dexter reveal about their marriage in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1, and why does it make Tracy stop and think?
3. What does Tracy intentionally inject into her first conversation with Mike and Liz and why?
4. How does Mike's entrance in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1 affect Tracy, and what does she suggest they do?
5. What is Tracy trying to figure out about Mike after reading his stories, and what is significant about her observation of him?
6. What is the interesting interaction between Mike and Sandy at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
7. How does Tracy respond to Dinah's account of what happened the night before? What causes Tracy to panic and why?
8. What do we learn about George in Act 1, Part 2?
9. What does Dexter aptly point out to George about the way he looks at Tracy during their argument in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
10. Who is Sidney Kidd and what deal does Sandy make with him?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)