|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does George work?
(a) In a stock room.
(b) In a mine.
(c) In a factory.
(d) In a field.
2. What is Margaret carrying as she makes her entrance?
(c) A tray.
3. What does Tracy say she will give the magazine that they will never forget?
(a) A picture of family life.
(b) A picture of Dexter.
(c) A picture of marriage.
(d) A picture of divorce.
4. What does Liz say that she would do in a second?
(a) Spend all of Tracy's money.
(b) Choose Dexter over George.
(c) Trade places with Tracy.
(d) Choose George over Mike.
5. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is the one Tracy really wants to be with.
(b) He is in.
(c) He should never have been with Tracy.
(d) He is out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
2. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
3. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
4. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
5. What does Uncle Willie offer to show Liz as everyone is dressing for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dexter respond to Tracy as she makes her entrance in Act 3, and what does he do to encourage her memory of the previous night's events?
2. What do the lengths the Lord family is willing to go through say about their priorities?
3. What does the audience learn about Tracy's first marriage in the first part of Act 1?
4. What is Dexter's problem with Tracy's pending marriage as he explains before he exits, leaving his wedding present for her?
5. What would Seth's absence from the wedding lead people to believe and how does Sandy plan to prevent it?
6. What does the family do in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2 that indicates a change in their priorities?
7. What does Mike tell Tracy about her upcoming marriage at the pool, and how does she respond?
8. What is the reason for Seth's arrival and what does he sense in Tracy?
9. How does Liz explain her feelings for Mike to Sandy, what would make her fight for him, and why does she feel she does not have to?
10. What is the elaborate plan the family invents to preserve their reputation?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)