|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
(a) They have too much to worry about already.
(b) It is more amusing.
(c) They wouldn't understand.
(d) It is more pleasant.
2. Whose name will Margaret not tolerate hearing a word against?
3. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is out.
(b) He should never have been with Tracy.
(c) He is in.
(d) He is the one Tracy really wants to be with.
4. What does Liz say that she would do in a second?
(a) Spend all of Tracy's money.
(b) Trade places with Tracy.
(c) Choose Dexter over George.
(d) Choose George over Mike.
5. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
(d) Planning weddings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margaret carrying as she makes her entrance?
2. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
3. What is Liz looking at while Mike and Sandy are talking in the third part of Act 1?
4. How many times does Liz tell Tracy she has been married?
5. What does Tracy offer Mike the use of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the conversation between Mike and Liz at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
2. What is Dexter's wedding present to Tracy and why is it symbolic?
3. How does Tracy respond to Dinah's account of what happened the night before? What causes Tracy to panic and why?
4. What is the conversation between Dexter, Dinah, and Uncle Willie in the beginning Act 3 about, and what does it mean to the plot?
5. How do Tracy and Margaret's marriages compare, and what is the difference between how the two look at them?
6. How are Tracy and Mike alike? How are they different?
7. What is Dexter's problem with Tracy's pending marriage as he explains before he exits, leaving his wedding present for her?
8. What is the elaborate plan the family invents to preserve their reputation?
9. How does Dinah present herself for the first time to Mike and Liz, what is she trying to accomplish, and how do Mike and Liz react?
10. How does Kidd react to Sandy's expose, and what does that say about the character's priorities?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)