|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Liz make about Mike's birth name?
(a) It is easy to forget.
(b) It is not very common.
(c) It is easy to remember.
(d) It is too common.
2. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
(a) Sandy's family and how he forgot to get a wedding present.
(b) Sandy's lack of enthusiasm for the wedding.
(c) Sandy's appreciation for Dexter being back in town.
(d) Sandy's family and wedding present.
3. According to Dexter, what caused his drinking problem to get worse?
(a) Tracy's cruelty.
(b) Tracy refusing to leave.
(c) Tracy leaving him.
(d) Tracy's unrealistic expectations.
4. What is Margaret carrying as she makes her entrance?
(c) A tray.
5. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
(a) She is scared of her.
(b) She pities her.
(c) She doesn't understand her.
(d) She loathes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. What have Margaret and Tracy not had very much success in, according to Margaret?
4. How does Tracy ask about Sandy's guests in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Sandy confess that he has done with regard to the magazine article about Seth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the conversation between Mike and Liz at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
2. What do Tracy and Mike decide about the previous evening's events and the wedding? Also, how does Tracy begin to realize exactly what might have happened?
3. What is the first impression of Mike and why is it significant?
4. What does Tracy intentionally inject into her first conversation with Mike and Liz and why?
5. How does Tracy respond to Dinah's account of what happened the night before? What causes Tracy to panic and why?
6. What does Dexter reveal about their marriage in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1, and why does it make Tracy stop and think?
7. What is the discussion Mike and Liz have about people's names?
8. What is significant about the way Dexter and George both arrive at the house while Tracy and Mike are in the pool?
9. Why was George angry at the pre-wedding dinner, and what reason does Tracy give for her actions?
10. What is the significance of Tracy's drinking, and how is it illustrated in the play?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)