|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
(a) A double-edged sword.
(b) A commendable trait.
(c) A mysterious trait.
(d) A mask to protect himself.
2. What does Mike speculate someone with the name Dexter might be?
3. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
(b) Planning weddings.
4. What does Sandy confess that he has done with regard to the magazine article about Seth?
(a) He has written Seth a letter about it.
(b) He has asked Seth if he saw it yet.
(c) He has called Seth and told him about it.
(d) He has sent Seth a copy.
5. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
(a) It is more amusing.
(b) They have too much to worry about already.
(c) It is more pleasant.
(d) They wouldn't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Tracy that has kept her from inviting Seth to the wedding, according to Margaret?
2. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy remark on?
3. What comment does Liz make about Mike's birth name?
4. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. Where does George work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first impression of Mike and why is it significant?
2. How does Liz explain her feelings for Mike to Sandy, what would make her fight for him, and why does she feel she does not have to?
3. What does the audience learn about Tracy's first marriage in the first part of Act 1?
4. What are two examples of the deception manufactured by the Lord family, as it gets more complicated in Act 1, Part 4?
5. What does Tracy intentionally inject into her first conversation with Mike and Liz and why?
6. How does Tracy appear on the morning of her wedding, what types of things is she asking about, and why are they important?
7. How does Dexter resolve the situation between Mike and George at the pool and what does it illustrate?
8. What do the lengths the Lord family is willing to go through say about their priorities?
9. How do Tracy and Margaret's marriages compare, and what is the difference between how the two look at them?
10. How does Dinah present herself for the first time to Mike and Liz, what is she trying to accomplish, and how do Mike and Liz react?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)