|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Liz describe George to Mike?
(a) He is a man of the people.
(b) He is a man of the misfortunate.
(c) He is not good enough for Tracy.
(d) He is in over his head.
2. What is Sandy going to get at the library?
(a) George's family tree.
(b) The Lord's family tree.
(c) A book on weddings.
(d) A book on mining.
3. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
(a) They wouldn't understand.
(b) It is more amusing.
(c) It is more pleasant.
(d) They have too much to worry about already.
4. Who does Tracy pair up with as the family and guests are getting ready for lunch?
5. What does Mike ask Sandy about George's story?
(a) If the family is proud of him.
(b) How long it took to happen.
(c) Why it took so long.
(d) If it is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
2. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
3. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
4. What is it about Tracy that has kept her from inviting Seth to the wedding, according to Margaret?
5. What does Mike speculate someone with the name Dexter might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was George angry at the pre-wedding dinner, and what reason does Tracy give for her actions?
2. What is the significance of Tracy's drinking, and how is it illustrated in the play?
3. What do we learn about George in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is relevant about the conversation between Tracy and Mike before he exits to get ready for her pre-wedding dinner?
5. What does Tracy intentionally inject into her first conversation with Mike and Liz and why?
6. What do Tracy and Mike decide about the previous evening's events and the wedding? Also, how does Tracy begin to realize exactly what might have happened?
7. What examples does Liz use to illustrate her point about the way a name doesn't always reflect character?
8. What is Dexter's wedding present to Tracy and why is it symbolic?
9. What does the note from George say, what do his actions signify, and how do they lead to Tracy's decision not to marry him?
10. Who is Sidney Kidd and what deal does Sandy make with him?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)