Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret credit Seth for at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The article about George.
(b) The attitude of Mike and Liz.
(c) Their confusion.
(d) Their trouble.
2. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) The way Tracy is acting.
(b) The coal dust on his clothes.
(c) The way they talk.
(d) The questions they are asking him.
3. What does Liz say that she would do in a second?
(a) Choose Dexter over George.
(b) Spend all of Tracy's money.
(c) Choose George over Mike.
(d) Trade places with Tracy.
4. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
(a) He doesn't notice it.
(b) He is livid.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is not surprised.
5. Who does Tracy pair up with as the family and guests are getting ready for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy remark on?
2. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
3. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
4. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
5. What is Mike complaining about in the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sidney Kidd and what deal does Sandy make with him?
2. What do Tracy and Mike decide about the previous evening's events and the wedding? Also, how does Tracy begin to realize exactly what might have happened?
3. How has Mike changed in Act 3 and why is it significant?
4. How does Tracy respond to Dinah's account of what happened the night before? What causes Tracy to panic and why?
5. What is the setting and major upcoming event established as the play opens?
6. How are Tracy and Mike alike? How are they different?
7. What do Sandy and Liz talk about with regard to Sidney Kidd in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
8. How does Liz explain her feelings for Mike to Sandy, what would make her fight for him, and why does she feel she does not have to?
9. What is significant about the way Dexter and George both arrive at the house while Tracy and Mike are in the pool?
10. What are two examples of the deception manufactured by the Lord family, as it gets more complicated in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)