|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
(a) His wallet.
(b) Her wedding present.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) His watch.
2. What does Sandy suggest might happen if Mike and Liz get to know the family?
(a) They will want to be just like them.
(b) They will find out how decent the family is.
(c) They will find out how deceptive the family is.
(d) They will never want to be like them.
3. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
(a) If Tracy left him without saying anything.
(b) If Dexter left her without saying anything.
(c) If Tracy hit him.
(d) If Dexter hit her.
4. What will Tracy be happy about if Seth sees the article?
(a) That he will like it.
(b) That he will blame Margaret.
(c) That he will be upset.
(d) That he will be famous.
5. What does George tell Mike and Liz that he has moved on from?
(a) The way they greeted him.
(b) His previous marriage.
(c) His previous job.
(d) The article written about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her pre-wedding dinner, what does Dexter tell Tracy she has none of?
2. Where does George work?
3. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
4. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
5. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy single out and what does it signify?
2. How is the demeanor of the Lord family displayed in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does the family do in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2 that indicates a change in their priorities?
4. How do Tracy and Margaret's marriages compare, and what is the difference between how the two look at them?
5. How does Tracy respond to Dinah's account of what happened the night before? What causes Tracy to panic and why?
6. What does Dexter reveal about their marriage in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1, and why does it make Tracy stop and think?
7. What is Tracy trying to figure out about Mike after reading his stories, and what is significant about her observation of him?
8. Who is Sidney Kidd and what deal does Sandy make with him?
9. What does the note from George say, what do his actions signify, and how do they lead to Tracy's decision not to marry him?
10. How does Mike's entrance in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1 affect Tracy, and what does she suggest they do?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)