|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracy offer Mike the use of?
(a) Her cabin.
(b) Her cottage.
(c) The guest room.
(d) The room above the garage.
2. What does Margaret apologize for when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) For not offering them something to drink.
(b) For not being familiar with their work.
(c) For not inviting them to the wedding.
(d) For being late.
3. As the family discusses, what might Kidd be sued for?
(a) Copyright Infringement.
4. What does Tracy say to Mike about his writing?
(a) She does not like his stories.
(b) She has him totally figured out.
(c) She thinks his stories are too short.
(d) She cannot figure him out.
5. What comment does Liz make about Mike's birth name?
(a) It is too common.
(b) It is easy to forget.
(c) It is easy to remember.
(d) It is not very common.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
2. What does Mike deny to Liz at the start of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
4. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
5. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy remark on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the demeanor of the Lord family displayed in Act 1, Part 1?
2. How does Tracy appear on the morning of her wedding, what types of things is she asking about, and why are they important?
3. How does George respond to Dexter's gift, and what does that cause Tracy to notice in him?
4. What does the character of Seth represent as he is first mentioned in the play?
5. What is significant about the conversation between Mike and Liz at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
6. How do Tracy and Margaret's marriages compare, and what is the difference between how the two look at them?
7. What is the interesting interaction between Mike and Sandy at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
8. What is significant about the way Dexter and George both arrive at the house while Tracy and Mike are in the pool?
9. What is the setting and major upcoming event established as the play opens?
10. How does Dinah present herself for the first time to Mike and Liz, what is she trying to accomplish, and how do Mike and Liz react?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)