|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dinah feel about Tracy's marriage?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is excited about it.
(c) She prefers Dexter.
(d) She is dreading it.
2. What is Dexter carrying as he enters Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A coat.
3. What is Sandy going to get at the library?
(a) A book on weddings.
(b) A book on mining.
(c) The Lord's family tree.
(d) George's family tree.
4. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tracy never wants to see him again.
(b) Tracy has invited him to lunch.
(c) Tracy still has feelings for him.
(d) Tracy doesn't know he is back in town.
5. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) The way they talk.
(b) The questions they are asking him.
(c) The coal dust on his clothes.
(d) The way Tracy is acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Dexter when he arrives at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
2. What was the only trouble Dexter gave her, according to Tracy?
3. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy remark on?
5. What does Uncle Willie offer to show Liz as everyone is dressing for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tracy appear on the morning of her wedding, what types of things is she asking about, and why are they important?
2. What does Dexter aptly point out to George about the way he looks at Tracy during their argument in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
3. What is the elaborate plan the family invents to preserve their reputation?
4. How does Mike's entrance in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1 affect Tracy, and what does she suggest they do?
5. What is significant about the way Dexter and George both arrive at the house while Tracy and Mike are in the pool?
6. What do Seth and Uncle Willie talk about while pretending to be each other upon first meeting Mike and Liz?
7. What is Tracy trying to figure out about Mike after reading his stories, and what is significant about her observation of him?
8. What are Mike and Liz's thoughts of Tracy before they meet her and how are they significant?
9. Who are the two guests approaching the Lord house at the end of Act 1, Part 2, and why is their purpose for being there ironic?
10. How does Tracy appear when first meeting Mike and Liz and what is her intention?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)