|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracy ask Dinah to help her with at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Preparing lunch.
(b) The seating arrangement.
(c) Carrying magazines.
(d) Folding laundry.
2. What is Liz surprised to see in the Lord home after Sandy leaves?
(a) A family portrait.
(b) A painting.
(c) A hunting trophy.
(d) A rare coin collection.
3. What does Tracy offer Mike the use of?
(a) Her cottage.
(b) Her cabin.
(c) The room above the garage.
(d) The guest room.
4. How does Dinah feel about Tracy's marriage?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is dreading it.
(c) She is excited about it.
(d) She prefers Dexter.
5. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
(a) Sandy's family and how he forgot to get a wedding present.
(b) Sandy's family and wedding present.
(c) Sandy's lack of enthusiasm for the wedding.
(d) Sandy's appreciation for Dexter being back in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the writer and photographer not aware of?
2. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
3. How does Tracy ask about Sandy's guests in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
5. What does Dinah tell Margaret has been written about Seth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Seth and Uncle Willie talk about while pretending to be each other upon first meeting Mike and Liz?
2. Why was George angry at the pre-wedding dinner, and what reason does Tracy give for her actions?
3. How does Liz explain her feelings for Mike to Sandy, what would make her fight for him, and why does she feel she does not have to?
4. What is the elaborate plan the family invents to preserve their reputation?
5. What is the setting and major upcoming event established as the play opens?
6. Why does Mike propose to Tracy, and how does her response help both of them?
7. How do Tracy and Liz feel about marriage, and what is interestingly revealed about Liz?
8. How does Kidd react to Sandy's expose, and what does that say about the character's priorities?
9. What does Mike tell Tracy about her upcoming marriage at the pool, and how does she respond?
10. What is significant about the conversation between Mike and Liz at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)