|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is George staying?
(a) In the downstairs guest room.
(b) In the upstairs guest room.
(c) In the guest cottage.
(d) In the room above the garage.
2. During her pre-wedding dinner, what does Dexter tell Tracy she has none of?
3. What does Uncle Willie offer to Liz as he enters with Seth?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A drink.
(d) A rose.
4. What do Mike and Liz comment on about Dinah?
(a) She is the family genius.
(b) She is the family idiot.
(c) She is nothing like Tracy.
(d) She is exactly like Tracy.
5. How does Tracy ask about Sandy's guests in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives as Tracy is leaving at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
3. What is Liz looking at while Mike and Sandy are talking in the third part of Act 1?
4. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Tracy say both she and Margaret incorrectly chose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family do in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2 that indicates a change in their priorities?
2. What does the conversation between Tracy and Dexter at the start of Act 3, Part 2 remind both characters of?
3. What is significant about the way Dexter and George both arrive at the house while Tracy and Mike are in the pool?
4. What is relevant about the conversation between Tracy and Mike before he exits to get ready for her pre-wedding dinner?
5. What do we learn about George in Act 1, Part 2?
6. What is the setting and major upcoming event established as the play opens?
7. What do Seth and Uncle Willie talk about while pretending to be each other upon first meeting Mike and Liz?
8. What is Dexter's wedding present to Tracy and why is it symbolic?
9. What does the character of Seth represent as he is first mentioned in the play?
10. What is the discussion Mike and Liz have about people's names?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)