|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Mike ask Sandy about George and Tracy?
(a) What Dexter thinks about them.
(b) Why it took them so long to meet.
(c) How they met.
(d) How long ago they met.
2. What have Margaret and Tracy not had very much success in, according to Margaret?
(a) Being wives.
(b) Learning from mistakes.
(c) Being patient.
(d) Picking out wedding presents.
3. Where does the play open?
(a) The Lord kitchen.
(b) The Lord front porch.
(c) The Lord patio.
(d) The Lord sitting room.
4. What does Mike wonder about Dexter during his first visit to the Lord's house?
(a) Where he is now.
(b) Why he married Tracy.
(c) What he is like.
(d) Why he divorced Tracy.
5. What will Tracy be happy about if Seth sees the article?
(a) That he will blame Margaret.
(b) That he will like it.
(c) That he will be upset.
(d) That he will be famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
2. What does Seth say in response to Uncle Willie's suggestion for his guest invite?
3. Why doesn't Margaret want Seth to see the article written about him?
4. What does Margaret apologize for when first meeting Mike and Liz?
5. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dexter's wedding present to Tracy and why is it symbolic?
2. What does the note from George say, what do his actions signify, and how do they lead to Tracy's decision not to marry him?
3. How does George respond to Dexter's gift, and what does that cause Tracy to notice in him?
4. What does the character of Seth represent as he is first mentioned in the play?
5. What do Seth and Uncle Willie talk about while pretending to be each other upon first meeting Mike and Liz?
6. What do Tracy and Mike decide about the previous evening's events and the wedding? Also, how does Tracy begin to realize exactly what might have happened?
7. How does Tracy appear when first meeting Mike and Liz and what is her intention?
8. What do we learn about George in Act 1, Part 2?
9. What is the setting and major upcoming event established as the play opens?
10. What does Tracy intentionally inject into her first conversation with Mike and Liz and why?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)