|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
(a) She scolds him for being late.
(b) She pretends he is her father.
(c) She laughs at the way he is dressed.
(d) She pretends he is invisible.
2. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tracy still has feelings for him.
(b) Tracy doesn't know he is back in town.
(c) Tracy never wants to see him again.
(d) Tracy has invited him to lunch.
3. What is Dexter carrying as he enters Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) A hat.
(b) A book.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A coat.
4. Who arrives as Tracy is leaving at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Uncle Harry.
(b) Uncle Billy.
(c) Uncle Willie.
(d) Uncle Larry.
5. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
(a) Hand out programs.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Take the pictures.
(d) Throw the rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy say both she and Margaret incorrectly chose?
2. What does Tracy offer Mike the use of?
3. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
4. What do Margaret and Tracy think about her upcoming marriage?
5. What do Mike and Liz comment on as they enter the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the lengths the Lord family is willing to go through say about their priorities?
2. What does Mike tell Tracy about her upcoming marriage at the pool, and how does she respond?
3. What is the significance of Tracy's drinking, and how is it illustrated in the play?
4. How is the demeanor of the Lord family displayed in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does the conversation between Tracy and Dexter at the start of Act 3, Part 2 remind both characters of?
6. What does the audience learn about Tracy's first marriage in the first part of Act 1?
7. What does Dexter aptly point out to George about the way he looks at Tracy during their argument in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
8. What two things does Dexter do while Mike is carrying Tracy into the house that depict his feelings for Tracy?
9. What does the character of Seth represent as he is first mentioned in the play?
10. What does Tracy intentionally inject into her first conversation with Mike and Liz and why?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)