|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Liz make about Mike's birth name?
(a) It is not very common.
(b) It is easy to remember.
(c) It is easy to forget.
(d) It is too common.
2. What do Mike and Liz comment on about Dinah?
(a) She is the family idiot.
(b) She is exactly like Tracy.
(c) She is nothing like Tracy.
(d) She is the family genius.
3. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
(c) Planning weddings.
4. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
(a) She doesn't understand her.
(b) She pities her.
(c) She is scared of her.
(d) She loathes her.
5. According to Dexter, what caused his drinking problem to get worse?
(a) Tracy refusing to leave.
(b) Tracy's cruelty.
(c) Tracy's unrealistic expectations.
(d) Tracy leaving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
2. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
3. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
4. Where did Tracy go when she was drunk one night during their marriage, according to Dexter?
5. Where does George work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two guests approaching the Lord house at the end of Act 1, Part 2, and why is their purpose for being there ironic?
2. Who is Sidney Kidd and what deal does Sandy make with him?
3. What important lesson does Tracy say she has learned from Mike as they are at the pool? How does he respond?
4. How does Mike's entrance in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1 affect Tracy, and what does she suggest they do?
5. How does George view being featured in the magazine, and why does it surprise Tracy?
6. What is the reason for Seth's arrival and what does he sense in Tracy?
7. What is the first impression of Mike and why is it significant?
8. What do we learn about George in Act 1, Part 2?
9. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy single out and what does it signify?
10. What do Sandy and Liz talk about with regard to Sidney Kidd in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)