|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracy promise Dexter at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
(a) To be sober.
(b) To be careful.
(c) To be yare.
(d) To be forgiving.
2. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she saw?
(a) Tracy talking to herself about Mike.
(b) Tracy with Dexter.
(c) Tracy talking to herself about Dexter.
(d) Tracy with Mike.
3. What does George ask Dexter when he first sees him on the wedding day?
(a) Why he isn't formally dressed.
(b) Where Tracy is.
(c) When he arrived.
(d) What he is doing there.
4. What does Tracy tell the maid to do with Dexter's present?
(a) Hang it on the wall.
(b) Leave it where it is.
(c) Put it with the other presents.
(d) Hide it.
5. What does Tracy think of Dexter's wedding present, as she reveals to him in the final act?
(a) It was too little, too late.
(b) It was tasteless.
(c) It was sweet.
(d) It was presumptuous.
6. What did Seth find in the dancer that he did not find in Tracy?
7. What does George want to build for Tracy?
(a) A boat.
(b) A table.
(c) A house.
(d) A car.
8. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(b) The Night Watchman.
(c) The Mailman.
(d) The Maid.
9. How has George always worshiped Tracy?
(a) In a begrudging way.
(b) In close proximity.
(c) From afar.
(d) In a jealous way.
10. What does Tracy say she feels like as The Philadelphia Story ends?
(a) A million dollars.
(b) A loving wife.
(c) A lucky woman.
(d) A human being.
11. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
(a) She panics.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She smiles cleverly.
(d) She cries.
12. What does George think about Dexter's gift to Tracy?
(a) That it is amazing.
(b) That it is better than the one he gave her.
(c) That it has a lot of class.
(d) That it is tasteless.
13. What important piece of information does Dinah share with Tracy in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) What she heard the night before.
(b) What she saw the night before.
(c) What Uncle Willie said earlier.
(d) What Dexter said earlier.
14. What do Tracy and Mike think the trembling they are feeling is at the end of the first part of Act 2, Scene 2?
15. According to her conversation with Sandy, what would Liz do if another woman came into Mike's life?
(a) Talk him out of his intentions.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Talk her out of her intentions.
(d) Fight for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike doing as George and Dexter see him on the morning of the wedding?
2. What is the name of the boat in the photograph Dexter has left for Tracy?
3. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she needs in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What happened to Tracy when she got into the water, as Mike explains to Dexter and George?
5. What causes Liz and Mike to realize what is going on at the Lord house?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)