|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1 take place?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) The middle of the morning.
(c) The middle of the afternoon.
(d) Early in the afternoon.
2. What does Tracy say she feels like as The Philadelphia Story ends?
(a) A million dollars.
(b) A loving wife.
(c) A human being.
(d) A lucky woman.
3. What does Tracy tell the maid to do with Dexter's present?
(a) Put it with the other presents.
(b) Leave it where it is.
(c) Hang it on the wall.
(d) Hide it.
4. What does Tracy try to do when her conversation with Mike reminds her of Dexter?
(a) Talk about Dexter.
(b) Change the subject.
(c) Stop talking.
(d) Talk about George.
5. What does Tracy thank Dexter for as she is getting ready for the wedding?
(a) Finding her jewelry.
(b) Not hitting Mike.
(c) Helping her.
(d) Hitting George.
6. What does Liz tell Mike about his job with the magazine after hearing Sandy's plan?
(a) He shouldn't resign.
(b) He will receive a promotion.
(c) It will be easy for him to resign.
(d) He will be fired.
7. What excuse does Tracy give for not drinking with the other characters in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) Brides-to-be don't drink.
(b) She's not thirsty.
(c) She has been drinking too much already.
(d) Goddesses don't drink.
8. What is the name of the boat in the photograph Dexter has left for Tracy?
(a) True Love.
(b) Real Love.
(c) Unrivaled Love.
(d) Unbreakable Love.
9. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) The Maid.
(b) The Mailman.
(c) The Night Watchman.
10. What does Dexter call Tracy in his attempt to explain her to George in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) A perfect human.
(b) More than human.
(c) Only human.
(d) Less than human.
11. What causes Tracy to be at a loss for words at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1?
(a) George's arrival.
(b) Dexter's arrival.
(c) Mike's compliments.
(d) Mike's insults.
12. How does Tracy address the guests in the drawing room after she decides not to marry George or Mike?
(a) She begins telling jokes.
(b) She apologizes to them.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She starts talking and then runs out.
13. What surprises Tracy about George's description of her in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) It reminds her of Dexter's.
(b) It is extremely accurate.
(c) He uses an inappropriate tone.
(d) He is not being truthful.
14. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she needs in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) His expertise.
(b) His car.
(c) His advice.
(d) His wallet.
15. According to her conversation with Sandy, what would Liz do if another woman came into Mike's life?
(a) Fight for him.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Talk him out of his intentions.
(d) Talk her out of her intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George not willing consider, according to Dexter?
2. What does Liz answer when Sandy asks if she is in love with Mike?
3. What does Tracy call Mike after he tries to imply that Tracy should not marry George and comments on how he enjoyed watching the privileged dine?
4. What does Liz explain caused Tracy to act the way she did the night before?
5. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she saw?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)