|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has George always worshiped Tracy?
(a) From afar.
(b) In close proximity.
(c) In a jealous way.
(d) In a begrudging way.
2. Where does Uncle Willie tell everyone to go for the pre-wedding dinner?
(a) To the backyard.
(b) To his house.
(c) To the guest house.
(d) To the dining room.
3. What is Dexter planning to do with the boat he built?
(a) Repaint it.
(b) Rename it.
(c) Give it away.
(d) Sell it.
4. Why does Sandy tell Sidney Kidd that Mike is asking for him?
(a) He has been in a fight.
(b) He needs money.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has been in an accident.
5. Why does Mike tell Tracy that she should not marry George?
(a) They don't match up.
(b) He has too much money.
(c) He doesn't have enough money.
(d) They argue too much.
6. What happened to Tracy when she got into the water, as Mike explains to Dexter and George?
(a) She became hysterical.
(b) She hit her head.
(c) The alcohol affected her.
(d) The water was too cold for her.
7. What is George demanding in the note he sends to Tracy before the wedding?
(a) An explanation.
(c) A cancellation of the wedding.
(d) A postponement of the wedding.
8. How do Tracy and Sandy describe George's emotional state at the dinner?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was excited.
(d) He was happy.
9. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
(a) A single miss-step.
(b) A pattern of miss-steps.
(c) A lie.
(d) A pattern of lies.
10. What does Tracy thank Dexter for as she is getting ready for the wedding?
(a) Not hitting Mike.
(b) Hitting George.
(c) Finding her jewelry.
(d) Helping her.
11. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she saw?
(a) Tracy talking to herself about Dexter.
(b) Tracy with Mike.
(c) Tracy with Dexter.
(d) Tracy talking to herself about Mike.
12. Why does Tracy refuse to marry Mike?
(a) Because Liz would not like it.
(b) Because she is not ready for marriage.
(c) Because he is not ready for marriage.
(d) Because they don't hardly know each other.
13. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
(a) She smiles cleverly.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She panics.
14. What does Liz tell Mike about his job with the magazine after hearing Sandy's plan?
(a) He shouldn't resign.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) It will be easy for him to resign.
(d) He will receive a promotion.
15. What is Seth complaining about in the first part of Act 3?
(a) The drinks.
(b) The minister.
(c) The food.
(d) The photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy say she feels like as The Philadelphia Story ends?
2. What is Mike doing as George and Dexter see him on the morning of the wedding?
3. What does Tracy think of Dexter's wedding present, as she reveals to him in the final act?
4. What excuse does Tracy give for not drinking with the other characters in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does George want to build for Tracy?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)