|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) What might have happened between them the night before.
(b) What might not have happened between them the night before.
(c) Why she doesn't normally wear watches.
(d) How late she is for the wedding.
2. How does Tracy react when she learns that Dexter is aware of what happened the night before?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She smiles cleverly.
(c) She panics.
(d) She cries.
3. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) The Mailman.
(b) The Maid.
(d) The Night Watchman.
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
(c) Uncle Willie.
5. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
(a) His article.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) His poem.
6. What does Tracy say she is as a result of the previous night's events?
(a) More of a person.
(c) More of a problem.
7. What causes Liz and Mike to realize what is going on at the Lord house?
(a) Dexter's gift.
(b) George's attire.
(c) The champagne.
(d) The telegram.
8. Why does Sandy tell Sidney Kidd that Mike is asking for him?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has been in an accident.
(c) He needs money.
(d) He has been in a fight.
9. What does Dexter do with the jewelry he finds?
(a) Gives it to George.
(b) Hides it in his sock.
(c) Hides it in his pocket.
(d) Gives it to Sandy.
10. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she needs in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) His advice.
(b) His car.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His expertise.
11. How does Tracy address the guests in the drawing room after she decides not to marry George or Mike?
(a) She starts talking and then runs out.
(b) She apologizes to them.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She begins telling jokes.
12. What is Sandy carrying in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
13. What does Tracy think she hears as she and Sandy are talking about Mike's feelings for her?
(a) Someone yelling.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) A knock at the door.
14. What does Tracy tell the maid to do with Dexter's present?
(a) Leave it where it is.
(b) Hang it on the wall.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Put it with the other presents.
15. What does Tracy see in Dexter's eyes when she talks to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the boat Dexter built, according to Tracy?
2. According to her conversation with Sandy, what would Liz do if another woman came into Mike's life?
3. What happened to Tracy when she got into the water, as Mike explains to Dexter and George?
4. Who interrupts Tracy as she is beginning to open Dexter's gift in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. Who does George blame for the breakup of the wedding?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)