|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tracy and Mike greet each other in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) With a handshake.
2. Why does Sandy tell Sidney Kidd that Mike is asking for him?
(a) He has been in an accident.
(b) He has been in a fight.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He needs money.
3. What does Tracy think she hears as she and Sandy are talking about Mike's feelings for her?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Someone yelling.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) A knock at the door.
4. What is Dexter planning to do with the boat he built?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Give it away.
(c) Repaint it.
(d) Rename it.
5. What is Sandy carrying in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
6. What does Dexter borrow from Margaret at the end of the play?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) Her glass.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
7. What do George and Dexter argue over before Mike returns in the second part of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) What happened at the dinner the night before.
(b) What happened between Mike and Tracy.
(c) If the wedding will start on time.
(d) If the wedding will be cancelled.
8. How does George do everything, according to Seth?
(a) Like a soccer player.
(b) Like a football player.
(c) Like a baseball player.
(d) Like a tennis player.
9. What happened to Tracy when she got into the water, as Mike explains to Dexter and George?
(a) The alcohol affected her.
(b) She hit her head.
(c) The water was too cold for her.
(d) She became hysterical.
10. Although he does not agree with her assessment, what does Tracy apologize to Seth for on the day of the wedding?
(a) Being rude.
(b) Being so happy about the article.
(c) Being a disappointment.
(d) Being so deceitful about the article.
11. What clothes are Tracy and Sandy wearing?
(a) The outfits they will wear for the wedding.
(c) The outfits from the night before.
(d) Casual clothes.
12. What is Seth complaining about in the first part of Act 3?
(a) The minister.
(b) The photographs.
(c) The drinks.
(d) The food.
13. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) His poem.
(c) His article.
(d) Her personality.
14. What causes Tracy to be at a loss for words at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1?
(a) Mike's compliments.
(b) Mike's insults.
(c) George's arrival.
(d) Dexter's arrival.
15. Why does Sandy tell Tracy champagne never affects her?
(a) Because she drinks too much of it.
(b) Because she only drinks it once a year.
(c) Because she always drinks it in moderation.
(d) Because she never drinks it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tracy refuse to marry Mike?
2. What does Dexter suggest about what Dinah saw?
3. What is Mike doing as George and Dexter see him on the morning of the wedding?
4. What excuse does Tracy give for not drinking with the other characters in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. Who does Tracy blame for the confusing charade they are attempting for the benefit of Liz and Mike?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)