|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Seth find in the dancer that he did not find in Tracy?
2. What does Uncle Willie tell Dinah his opinion of George is?
(a) He doesn't like him.
(b) He thinks he is too good for Tracy.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He thinks he is a liar.
3. What does Tracy try to do when her conversation with Mike reminds her of Dexter?
(a) Stop talking.
(b) Talk about Dexter.
(c) Talk about George.
(d) Change the subject.
4. What is Sandy carrying in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
5. Who did Tracy spend a lot of time talking with at the dinner?
6. How does Tracy address the guests in the drawing room after she decides not to marry George or Mike?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She begins telling jokes.
(c) She starts talking and then runs out.
(d) She apologizes to them.
7. What is George not willing consider, according to Dexter?
(a) His own selfishness.
(b) Tracy's temper.
(c) His own stubbornness.
(d) Tracy's side.
8. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
(a) A pattern of lies.
(b) A single miss-step.
(c) A pattern of miss-steps.
(d) A lie.
9. What is Mike doing as George and Dexter see him on the morning of the wedding?
(a) Laughing with Tracy.
(b) Running with Tracy.
(c) Carrying Tracy.
(d) Holding Tracy up as she stumbles.
10. What clothes are Tracy and Sandy wearing?
(a) Casual clothes.
(c) The outfits they will wear for the wedding.
(d) The outfits from the night before.
11. What is the name of the boat in the photograph Dexter has left for Tracy?
(a) Unrivaled Love.
(b) Unbreakable Love.
(c) Real Love.
(d) True Love.
12. What does Tracy envy about Sandy, as she admits in the first part of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His job.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His family life.
13. Although he does not agree with her assessment, what does Tracy apologize to Seth for on the day of the wedding?
(a) Being rude.
(b) Being so deceitful about the article.
(c) Being a disappointment.
(d) Being so happy about the article.
14. What does Tracy suggest would wake her and Mike up?
(a) A swim.
(b) Another drink.
15. What does Tracy say she feels like as The Philadelphia Story ends?
(a) A human being.
(b) A loving wife.
(c) A million dollars.
(d) A lucky woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George think about Dexter's gift to Tracy?
2. What does Liz answer when Sandy asks if she is in love with Mike?
3. What happened to Tracy when she got into the water, as Mike explains to Dexter and George?
4. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
5. What do Tracy and Mike think the trembling they are feeling is at the end of the first part of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)