|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dexter say is likely to happen when Tracy awakes?
(a) She will want to get married right away.
(b) She won't remember anything.
(c) She will not want to marry George.
(d) She will be very angry.
2. What does George want to build for Tracy?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A table.
(d) A boat.
3. What surprises Tracy about George's description of her in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) It is extremely accurate.
(b) It reminds her of Dexter's.
(c) He is not being truthful.
(d) He uses an inappropriate tone.
4. What does Tracy see in Dexter's eyes when she talks to him?
5. Who is Margaret looking for as she interrupts Tracy and Dinah's conversation?
(b) Uncle Willie.
6. What clothes are Tracy and Sandy wearing?
(b) The outfits they will wear for the wedding.
(c) Casual clothes.
(d) The outfits from the night before.
7. What excuse does Tracy give for not drinking with the other characters in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) Goddesses don't drink.
(b) Brides-to-be don't drink.
(c) She has been drinking too much already.
(d) She's not thirsty.
8. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
(a) A pattern of miss-steps.
(b) A lie.
(c) A pattern of lies.
(d) A single miss-step.
9. Why does Tracy refuse to marry Mike?
(a) Because Liz would not like it.
(b) Because he is not ready for marriage.
(c) Because she is not ready for marriage.
(d) Because they don't hardly know each other.
10. Where does Uncle Willie tell everyone to go for the pre-wedding dinner?
(a) To the dining room.
(b) To the guest house.
(c) To his house.
(d) To the backyard.
11. What does Liz explain caused Tracy to act the way she did the night before?
(b) The champagne.
12. What does Tracy ask Mike to have as he is leaving for the pre-wedding dinner?
(a) A drink.
(b) A cigar.
13. What does Dexter do with the jewelry he finds?
(a) Hides it in his pocket.
(b) Hides it in his sock.
(c) Gives it to Sandy.
(d) Gives it to George.
14. What do George and Dexter argue over before Mike returns in the second part of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) If the wedding will start on time.
(b) If the wedding will be cancelled.
(c) What happened at the dinner the night before.
(d) What happened between Mike and Tracy.
15. What tone does the poem Mike has written about Sidney Kidd have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Willie tell Dinah his opinion of George is?
2. What does Dexter tell Tracy will make her feel better in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What is Mike doing as George and Dexter see him on the morning of the wedding?
4. What are Mike, Liz, Seth, and Uncle Willie discussing when the servant interrupts them before the pre-wedding dinner?
5. Where does Dexter give Mike directions to as he waits with George in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)