|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tracy and Sandy describe George's emotional state at the dinner?
(a) He was excited.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was happy.
2. What does Tracy say she feels like as The Philadelphia Story ends?
(a) A loving wife.
(b) A human being.
(c) A million dollars.
(d) A lucky woman.
3. What causes Tracy to be at a loss for words at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1?
(a) Mike's compliments.
(b) Mike's insults.
(c) George's arrival.
(d) Dexter's arrival.
4. What important piece of information does Dinah share with Tracy in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) What Uncle Willie said earlier.
(b) What she saw the night before.
(c) What she heard the night before.
(d) What Dexter said earlier.
5. What does Liz tell Mike about his job with the magazine after hearing Sandy's plan?
(a) He will be fired.
(b) He will receive a promotion.
(c) He shouldn't resign.
(d) It will be easy for him to resign.
6. How was the boat Dexter built, according to Tracy?
(a) Easy to handle.
(b) Impossible to handle.
(c) Normal to handle.
(d) Difficult to handle.
7. What is George not willing consider, according to Dexter?
(a) Tracy's side.
(b) His own selfishness.
(c) Tracy's temper.
(d) His own stubbornness.
8. Why does Tracy refuse to marry Mike?
(a) Because Liz would not like it.
(b) Because he is not ready for marriage.
(c) Because she is not ready for marriage.
(d) Because they don't hardly know each other.
9. What does Dexter suggest about what Dinah saw?
(a) It was a bad dream.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) It really happened
(d) It is incomplete.
10. What does Liz say that Mike still has?
(a) A few unanswered questions.
(b) A few things to learn.
(c) A few bad habits.
(d) A few too many past mistakes.
11. How has George always worshiped Tracy?
(a) From afar.
(b) In a jealous way.
(c) In close proximity.
(d) In a begrudging way.
12. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her personality.
(c) His poem.
(d) His article.
13. What does Dexter tell Tracy will make her feel better in Act 3, Part 2?
(b) The wedding.
(c) A certain drink.
14. What does Dexter tell Tracy people are better off from?
(a) Marrying the wrong person.
(b) Thinking before they act.
(c) Learning from their mistakes.
(d) Learning from other people's mistakes.
15. What do George and Dexter argue over before Mike returns in the second part of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) If the wedding will start on time.
(b) If the wedding will be cancelled.
(c) What happened between Mike and Tracy.
(d) What happened at the dinner the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Willie tell everyone to go for the pre-wedding dinner?
2. Why does Sandy tell Sidney Kidd that Mike is asking for him?
3. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
4. What does George ask Dexter when he first sees him on the wedding day?
5. What is Sandy carrying in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)