|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Tracy to be at a loss for words at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1?
(a) Mike's compliments.
(b) Mike's insults.
(c) Dexter's arrival.
(d) George's arrival.
2. What does Mike tell Tracy he has lost interest in since the night before?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) His article.
(d) His poem.
3. What does Tracy thank Dexter for as she is getting ready for the wedding?
(a) Not hitting Mike.
(b) Hitting George.
(c) Helping her.
(d) Finding her jewelry.
4. How do Tracy and Mike greet each other in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) With a handshake.
5. How does Tracy address the guests in the drawing room after she decides not to marry George or Mike?
(a) She apologizes to them.
(b) She begins telling jokes.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She starts talking and then runs out.
6. What name does Mike call Tracy that she objects to as they talk on her wedding day?
7. Where does Dexter give Mike directions to as he waits with George in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) The bar.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Tracy's room.
8. What causes Liz and Mike to realize what is going on at the Lord house?
(a) George's attire.
(b) The telegram.
(c) The champagne.
(d) Dexter's gift.
9. What did Seth find in the dancer that he did not find in Tracy?
10. What does Tracy think of Dexter's wedding present, as she reveals to him in the final act?
(a) It was too little, too late.
(b) It was sweet.
(c) It was tasteless.
(d) It was presumptuous.
11. What does Dinah tell Uncle Willie she saw?
(a) Tracy talking to herself about Dexter.
(b) Tracy talking to herself about Mike.
(c) Tracy with Mike.
(d) Tracy with Dexter.
12. What does George think of being included in a magazine article?
(a) It is unacceptable.
(b) It is ridiculous.
(c) It is an invasion of privacy.
(d) It is an honor.
13. What do George and Dexter argue over before Mike returns in the second part of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) If the wedding will start on time.
(b) If the wedding will be cancelled.
(c) What happened between Mike and Tracy.
(d) What happened at the dinner the night before.
14. Why does Sandy tell Tracy champagne never affects her?
(a) Because she only drinks it once a year.
(b) Because she drinks too much of it.
(c) Because she never drinks it.
(d) Because she always drinks it in moderation.
15. What is Mike doing as George and Dexter see him on the morning of the wedding?
(a) Laughing with Tracy.
(b) Holding Tracy up as she stumbles.
(c) Carrying Tracy.
(d) Running with Tracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy say she feels like as The Philadelphia Story ends?
2. Although he does not agree with her assessment, what does Tracy apologize to Seth for on the day of the wedding?
3. What does Liz answer when Sandy asks if she is in love with Mike?
4. What does Tracy promise Dexter at the end of Act 3, Part 2?
5. What does Dexter do with the jewelry when Tracy wonders about it?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)