|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dexter tell Tracy people are better off from?
(a) Marrying the wrong person.
(b) Thinking before they act.
(c) Learning from their mistakes.
(d) Learning from other people's mistakes.
2. What are Mike, Liz, Seth, and Uncle Willie discussing when the servant interrupts them before the pre-wedding dinner?
(a) The way Tracy still loathes Dexter.
(b) The right quotes to use in the article.
(c) The way Tracy still cares for Dexter.
(d) The truth about why they are there.
3. What doesn't ruin virtue, according to Dexter?
(a) A lie.
(b) A pattern of lies.
(c) A single miss-step.
(d) A pattern of miss-steps.
4. What excuse does Tracy give for not drinking with the other characters in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) She has been drinking too much already.
(b) Goddesses don't drink.
(c) Brides-to-be don't drink.
(d) She's not thirsty.
5. Where does Uncle Willie tell everyone to go for the pre-wedding dinner?
(a) To the backyard.
(b) To the dining room.
(c) To his house.
(d) To the guest house.
6. What does Dexter ask Sandy as he enters in the second part of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) If there is any more champagne.
(b) If there are any complications.
(c) If Tracy is angry with him.
(d) If Tracy wants to talk to him.
7. What does George want to build for Tracy?
(a) A house.
(b) A table.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
8. What does Dexter borrow from Margaret at the end of the play?
(a) A book.
(b) A painting.
(c) Her glass.
(d) Her wedding ring.
9. What important piece of information does Dinah share with Tracy in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) What she heard the night before.
(b) What Uncle Willie said earlier.
(c) What Dexter said earlier.
(d) What she saw the night before.
10. What do Tracy and Mike think the trembling they are feeling is at the end of the first part of Act 2, Scene 2?
11. How does George do everything, according to Seth?
(a) Like a tennis player.
(b) Like a baseball player.
(c) Like a football player.
(d) Like a soccer player.
12. Who does Tracy blame for the confusing charade they are attempting for the benefit of Liz and Mike?
(a) Uncle Willie.
13. Who wishes it was George that got hit at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(b) The Night Watchman.
(c) The Maid.
(d) The Mailman.
14. Why does Mike tell Tracy that she should not marry George?
(a) He doesn't have enough money.
(b) They argue too much.
(c) He has too much money.
(d) They don't match up.
15. What does Tracy's discovery of Mike's watch remind her of at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) What might not have happened between them the night before.
(b) Why she doesn't normally wear watches.
(c) What might have happened between them the night before.
(d) How late she is for the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dexter tell Tracy will make her feel better in Act 3, Part 2?
2. What is Tracy drinking at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. What does Tracy tell Mike he needs more of while they are talking about her pending marriage?
4. What does Dexter do with the jewelry he finds?
5. What does Tracy suggest would wake her and Mike up?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)