|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seth say caused him to visit?
(a) The phone call from Dinah.
(b) The letter Sandy sent him.
(c) The article Sandy sent him.
(d) The invitation from Tracy.
2. Who does Uncle Willie suggest he might invite to the wedding?
(a) His actress friend from New York.
(b) His dancer friend from New York.
(c) His dancer friend from Connecticut.
(d) His actress friend from Connecticut.
3. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
(d) Planning weddings.
4. What is Liz looking at while Mike and Sandy are talking in the third part of Act 1?
(a) The magazine collection.
(b) The silverware on the table.
(c) The antique plate collection.
(d) The wedding gifts.
5. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
(a) A double-edged sword.
(b) A mask to protect himself.
(c) A commendable trait.
(d) A mysterious trait.
6. What does Seth say in response to Uncle Willie's suggestion for his guest invite?
(a) It will not matter at all.
(b) It is a horrible idea.
(c) It would start too many rumors.
(d) It would put rumors to rest.
7. What does Sandy suggest might happen if Mike and Liz get to know the family?
(a) They will never want to be like them.
(b) They will find out how deceptive the family is.
(c) They will want to be just like them.
(d) They will find out how decent the family is.
8. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He should never have been with Tracy.
(b) He is in.
(c) He is out.
(d) He is the one Tracy really wants to be with.
9. What question does Mike ask Sandy about George and Tracy?
(a) How long ago they met.
(b) How they met.
(c) Why it took them so long to meet.
(d) What Dexter thinks about them.
10. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
(a) His watch.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) His wallet.
(d) Her wedding present.
11. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
(a) Sandy's family and wedding present.
(b) Sandy's appreciation for Dexter being back in town.
(c) Sandy's family and how he forgot to get a wedding present.
(d) Sandy's lack of enthusiasm for the wedding.
12. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) The way they talk.
(b) The way Tracy is acting.
(c) The questions they are asking him.
(d) The coal dust on his clothes.
13. What does Tracy ask Dinah to help her with at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Preparing lunch.
(b) Carrying magazines.
(c) Folding laundry.
(d) The seating arrangement.
14. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
(a) He doesn't notice it.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is not surprised.
(d) He is livid.
15. Where does George work?
(a) In a factory.
(b) In a mine.
(c) In a field.
(d) In a stock room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth tell Margaret he can sense?
2. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
3. What is Dexter carrying as he enters Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
4. What is Liz surprised to see in the Lord home after Sandy leaves?
5. What is it about Tracy that has kept her from inviting Seth to the wedding, according to Margaret?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)