|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dexter, what caused his drinking problem to get worse?
(a) Tracy's unrealistic expectations.
(b) Tracy leaving him.
(c) Tracy refusing to leave.
(d) Tracy's cruelty.
2. How does Dinah introduce herself to Mike and Liz?
(a) In passing.
3. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
(a) Throw the rice.
(b) Hand out programs.
(c) Take the pictures.
(d) Play the piano.
4. How does Liz describe George to Mike?
(a) He is a man of the misfortunate.
(b) He is a man of the people.
(c) He is not good enough for Tracy.
(d) He is in over his head.
5. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
(a) Thank-you notes.
(b) A letter to a friend.
(d) A passage in a diary.
6. What does Seth say in response to Uncle Willie's suggestion for his guest invite?
(a) It would start too many rumors.
(b) It will not matter at all.
(c) It would put rumors to rest.
(d) It is a horrible idea.
7. Where does the play open?
(a) The Lord kitchen.
(b) The Lord sitting room.
(c) The Lord front porch.
(d) The Lord patio.
8. What does Tracy ask Mike to do as he is getting ready to leave?
(a) To bring her a glass of water.
(b) To shut the door on his way out.
(c) To hurry up.
(d) To stay.
9. Who were banned from the house by her father, according to Tracy?
(a) All ex-husbands.
(b) All reporters.
(c) All wedding consultants.
(d) All salespeople.
10. What do Margaret and Tracy think about her upcoming marriage?
(a) It will be like her first marriage.
(b) It will be a surprise.
(c) She will be happy.
(d) She will be miserable.
11. What does Tracy say she will give the magazine that they will never forget?
(a) A picture of Dexter.
(b) A picture of divorce.
(c) A picture of family life.
(d) A picture of marriage.
12. What does Tracy say to Mike about his writing?
(a) She cannot figure him out.
(b) She has him totally figured out.
(c) She thinks his stories are too short.
(d) She does not like his stories.
13. What does Tracy say both she and Margaret incorrectly chose?
(a) Wedding presents.
(b) Second husbands.
(c) First husbands.
(d) Wedding locations.
14. Where is George staying?
(a) In the upstairs guest room.
(b) In the guest cottage.
(c) In the downstairs guest room.
(d) In the room above the garage.
15. Where do Sandy's guests work?
(a) At the magazine.
(b) With Dexter.
(c) At the bank.
(d) At the local store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Dexter when he arrives at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
2. What does Mike speculate someone with the name Dexter might be?
3. How does Sandy plan on explaining Seth's absence from the wedding?
4. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
5. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)