|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
(a) She is scared of her.
(b) She doesn't understand her.
(c) She pities her.
(d) She loathes her.
2. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
(a) She pretends he is invisible.
(b) She pretends he is her father.
(c) She laughs at the way he is dressed.
(d) She scolds him for being late.
3. Whose name will Margaret not tolerate hearing a word against?
4. What does Seth say caused him to visit?
(a) The phone call from Dinah.
(b) The invitation from Tracy.
(c) The letter Sandy sent him.
(d) The article Sandy sent him.
5. Where does the play open?
(a) The Lord kitchen.
(b) The Lord sitting room.
(c) The Lord front porch.
(d) The Lord patio.
6. What does Tracy ask Mike to do as he is getting ready to leave?
(a) To bring her a glass of water.
(b) To shut the door on his way out.
(c) To stay.
(d) To hurry up.
7. What is Margaret carrying as she makes her entrance?
(d) A tray.
8. What do Margaret and Tracy think about her upcoming marriage?
(a) She will be miserable.
(b) She will be happy.
(c) It will be like her first marriage.
(d) It will be a surprise.
9. How does Dinah know that Dexter is back in town?
(a) She saw him at the grocery store.
(b) She saw his car.
(c) He came by to see Tracy when she wasn't there.
(d) He called and told her.
10. Where did Dinah get the magazine she is reading in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Sandy's room.
(b) The store.
(c) From a friend.
(d) Tracy's room.
11. Who arrives as Tracy is leaving at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Uncle Harry.
(b) Uncle Billy.
(c) Uncle Larry.
(d) Uncle Willie.
12. How does Tracy ask about Sandy's guests in Act 1, Part 2?
13. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) The coal dust on his clothes.
(b) The questions they are asking him.
(c) The way they talk.
(d) The way Tracy is acting.
14. What foreign language is Dinah speaking around Mike and Liz?
15. Who has Sandy made a deal with about Seth's article?
(a) The magazine columnist.
(b) The magazine editor.
(c) The magazine publisher.
(d) The magazine entertainment writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dexter, what caused his drinking problem to get worse?
2. Where do Sandy's guests work?
3. What does Sandy suggest might happen if Mike and Liz get to know the family?
4. How does Sandy plan on explaining Seth's absence from the wedding?
5. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)