|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name will Margaret not tolerate hearing a word against?
2. What do Mike and Liz comment on about Dinah?
(a) She is exactly like Tracy.
(b) She is the family genius.
(c) She is nothing like Tracy.
(d) She is the family idiot.
3. What does Mike wonder about Dexter during his first visit to the Lord's house?
(a) Why he married Tracy.
(b) What he is like.
(c) Why he divorced Tracy.
(d) Where he is now.
4. Where did Dinah get the magazine she is reading in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) From a friend.
(b) The store.
(c) Sandy's room.
(d) Tracy's room.
5. What have Margaret and Tracy not had very much success in, according to Margaret?
(a) Picking out wedding presents.
(b) Being patient.
(c) Learning from mistakes.
(d) Being wives.
6. What does Sandy confess that he has done with regard to the magazine article about Seth?
(a) He has called Seth and told him about it.
(b) He has asked Seth if he saw it yet.
(c) He has sent Seth a copy.
(d) He has written Seth a letter about it.
7. What does Tracy say she will give the magazine that they will never forget?
(a) A picture of divorce.
(b) A picture of family life.
(c) A picture of Dexter.
(d) A picture of marriage.
8. How does Dinah introduce herself to Mike and Liz?
(c) In passing.
9. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Why Tracy stayed with him so long.
(b) Why Tracy didn't tell him about her upcoming marriage.
(c) Why Tracy left him.
(d) Why Tracy and George are getting married.
10. Who does Uncle Willie suggest he might invite to the wedding?
(a) His actress friend from Connecticut.
(b) His actress friend from New York.
(c) His dancer friend from Connecticut.
(d) His dancer friend from New York.
11. What does the magazine want in return for not publishing the article about Seth?
(a) To do a story on Tracy's husband-to-be George.
(b) To do a feature on Tracy's wedding.
(c) To do a story about Tracy's ex-husband Dexter.
(d) To do a feature on Tracy's divorce.
12. What does Seth tell Margaret he can sense?
(a) Tracy's resentment.
(b) Tracy's inability to make a decision.
(c) Tracy's joy at seeing Dexter.
(d) Tracy's joy at seeing him.
13. What will Tracy be happy about if Seth sees the article?
(a) That he will blame Margaret.
(b) That he will be famous.
(c) That he will be upset.
(d) That he will like it.
14. How does Mike imagine Tracy?
(a) Young, rich, and voracious.
(b) Young, rich, and ignorant.
(c) Young, rich, and irresponsible.
(d) Young, rich, and intelligent.
15. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
(a) Mike's friendliness.
(b) Mike's quiet demeanor.
(c) Mike's magnetic personality.
(d) Mike's hostile attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
2. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
3. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
4. How do Tracy and Margaret react to Sandy's deal with the magazine?
5. How does Tracy indicate she should ask Dexter to lunch?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)