|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dinah introduce herself to Mike and Liz?
(b) In passing.
2. What comment does Liz make about Mike's birth name?
(a) It is easy to remember.
(b) It is not very common.
(c) It is too common.
(d) It is easy to forget.
3. What does Seth say caused him to visit?
(a) The article Sandy sent him.
(b) The letter Sandy sent him.
(c) The phone call from Dinah.
(d) The invitation from Tracy.
4. What does Margaret credit Seth for at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Their confusion.
(b) Their trouble.
(c) The attitude of Mike and Liz.
(d) The article about George.
5. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
(a) A double-edged sword.
(b) A mask to protect himself.
(c) A commendable trait.
(d) A mysterious trait.
6. What is Liz looking at while Mike and Sandy are talking in the third part of Act 1?
(a) The magazine collection.
(b) The silverware on the table.
(c) The wedding gifts.
(d) The antique plate collection.
7. What does Seth say in response to Uncle Willie's suggestion for his guest invite?
(a) It would start too many rumors.
(b) It will not matter at all.
(c) It is a horrible idea.
(d) It would put rumors to rest.
8. What do Mike and Liz comment on about Dinah?
(a) She is the family idiot.
(b) She is the family genius.
(c) She is nothing like Tracy.
(d) She is exactly like Tracy.
9. Who does Tracy call after hearing about Sandy's guests?
(a) The library.
(b) The police.
(c) The bank.
(d) The magazine.
10. How does Tracy indicate she should ask Dexter to lunch?
11. What does Uncle Willie offer to Liz as he enters with Seth?
(a) A rose.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A drink.
12. Where does the play open?
(a) The Lord front porch.
(b) The Lord patio.
(c) The Lord sitting room.
(d) The Lord kitchen.
13. What does Uncle Willie offer to show Liz as everyone is dressing for dinner?
(a) An antique stone toilet.
(b) An ancient stone collection.
(c) A valuable diamond.
(d) A rare painting.
14. What does Margaret tell Dexter when he arrives at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) To go home.
(b) To make himself at home.
(c) To stay away from Tracy.
(d) To talk to Tracy.
15. Who has Sandy made a deal with about Seth's article?
(a) The magazine editor.
(b) The magazine publisher.
(c) The magazine entertainment writer.
(d) The magazine columnist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
3. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
4. What does Liz say that she would do in a second?
5. Where did Dinah get the magazine she is reading in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)