|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike wonder about Dexter during his first visit to the Lord's house?
(a) Why he divorced Tracy.
(b) What he is like.
(c) Where he is now.
(d) Why he married Tracy.
2. Where does the play open?
(a) The Lord front porch.
(b) The Lord kitchen.
(c) The Lord patio.
(d) The Lord sitting room.
3. Where does George work?
(a) In a field.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In a mine.
(d) In a stock room.
4. How does Liz describe George to Mike?
(a) He is a man of the people.
(b) He is a man of the misfortunate.
(c) He is not good enough for Tracy.
(d) He is in over his head.
5. Who were banned from the house by her father, according to Tracy?
(a) All reporters.
(b) All ex-husbands.
(c) All wedding consultants.
(d) All salespeople.
6. What does Tracy ask Mike to do as he is getting ready to leave?
(a) To shut the door on his way out.
(b) To hurry up.
(c) To stay.
(d) To bring her a glass of water.
7. Who arrives as Tracy is leaving at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Uncle Harry.
(b) Uncle Larry.
(c) Uncle Willie.
(d) Uncle Billy.
8. What does Mike deny to Liz at the start of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) He finds Tracy repulsive.
(b) He finds Tracy attractive.
(c) He finds Tracy annoying.
(d) He finds Tracy rude.
9. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
(a) His wallet.
(b) Her wedding present.
(c) His watch.
(d) Her engagement ring.
10. What does Mike ask Sandy about George's story?
(a) If it is true.
(b) Why it took so long.
(c) If the family is proud of him.
(d) How long it took to happen.
11. As the family discusses, what might Kidd be sued for?
(a) Copyright Infringement.
12. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
(a) She scolds him for being late.
(b) She pretends he is her father.
(c) She pretends he is invisible.
(d) She laughs at the way he is dressed.
13. What are the writer and photographer not aware of?
(a) That the family wants the article published.
(b) That the family is still deciding about the article.
(c) That the family disapproves of them being there.
(d) That the family knows their purpose for being there.
14. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
(a) He doesn't notice it.
(b) He is livid.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is not surprised.
15. What does Uncle Willie offer to Liz as he enters with Seth?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A drink.
(c) A rose.
(d) A tulip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Willie offer to show Liz as everyone is dressing for dinner?
2. What does Margaret credit Seth for at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. What do Tracy and Liz agree on about marriage?
4. What does Margaret apologize for when first meeting Mike and Liz?
5. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)