|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
(a) Sandy's family and how he forgot to get a wedding present.
(b) Sandy's lack of enthusiasm for the wedding.
(c) Sandy's family and wedding present.
(d) Sandy's appreciation for Dexter being back in town.
2. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He should never have been with Tracy.
(b) He is out.
(c) He is in.
(d) He is the one Tracy really wants to be with.
3. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
(a) She scolds him for being late.
(b) She pretends he is invisible.
(c) She pretends he is her father.
(d) She laughs at the way he is dressed.
4. How many times does Liz tell Tracy she has been married?
(c) Three times.
5. How does Dinah introduce herself to Mike and Liz?
(a) In passing.
6. Where did Dinah get the magazine she is reading in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tracy's room.
(b) The store.
(c) From a friend.
(d) Sandy's room.
7. What does Uncle Willie offer to Liz as he enters with Seth?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A drink.
(d) A rose.
8. As the family discusses, what might Kidd be sued for?
(b) Copyright Infringement.
9. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is livid.
(c) He doesn't notice it.
(d) He is surprised.
10. What does Mike wonder about Dexter during his first visit to the Lord's house?
(a) Why he divorced Tracy.
(b) What he is like.
(c) Where he is now.
(d) Why he married Tracy.
11. How does Dinah know that Dexter is back in town?
(a) She saw his car.
(b) He called and told her.
(c) She saw him at the grocery store.
(d) He came by to see Tracy when she wasn't there.
12. What is Margaret carrying as she makes her entrance?
(d) A tray.
13. What do Mike and Liz comment on about Dinah?
(a) She is the family genius.
(b) She is the family idiot.
(c) She is exactly like Tracy.
(d) She is nothing like Tracy.
14. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) The way Tracy is acting.
(b) The coal dust on his clothes.
(c) The way they talk.
(d) The questions they are asking him.
15. What is it about Tracy that has kept her from inviting Seth to the wedding, according to Margaret?
(a) Her vindictiveness.
(b) Her forgetfulness.
(c) Her high standards.
(d) Her rudeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
2. What does Tracy say to Mike about his writing?
3. During her pre-wedding dinner, what does Dexter tell Tracy she has none of?
4. What does Mike speculate someone with the name Dexter might be?
5. What comment does Liz make about Mike's birth name?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)