|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy confess that he has done with regard to the magazine article about Seth?
(a) He has written Seth a letter about it.
(b) He has sent Seth a copy.
(c) He has called Seth and told him about it.
(d) He has asked Seth if he saw it yet.
2. What are the writer and photographer not aware of?
(a) That the family disapproves of them being there.
(b) That the family wants the article published.
(c) That the family knows their purpose for being there.
(d) That the family is still deciding about the article.
3. What does Seth tell Margaret he can sense?
(a) Tracy's resentment.
(b) Tracy's inability to make a decision.
(c) Tracy's joy at seeing him.
(d) Tracy's joy at seeing Dexter.
4. How does Dinah know that Dexter is back in town?
(a) She saw his car.
(b) He called and told her.
(c) She saw him at the grocery store.
(d) He came by to see Tracy when she wasn't there.
5. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
(a) Mike's magnetic personality.
(b) Mike's quiet demeanor.
(c) Mike's hostile attitude.
(d) Mike's friendliness.
6. What does Margaret credit Seth for at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Their trouble.
(b) The attitude of Mike and Liz.
(c) Their confusion.
(d) The article about George.
7. How do Tracy and Margaret react to Sandy's deal with the magazine?
(a) They are both relieved.
(b) Margaret is angry, Tracy is relieved.
(c) They are both angry.
(d) Tracy is angry, Margaret is relieved.
8. What does Mike deny to Liz at the start of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) He finds Tracy rude.
(b) He finds Tracy repulsive.
(c) He finds Tracy annoying.
(d) He finds Tracy attractive.
9. What does Dexter refer to Tracy as, causing her to become furious?
(b) A goddess.
(d) A hypocrite.
10. What does Liz say that she would do in a second?
(a) Choose Dexter over George.
(b) Choose George over Mike.
(c) Trade places with Tracy.
(d) Spend all of Tracy's money.
11. How does Dinah introduce herself to Mike and Liz?
(c) In passing.
12. What does Tracy say both she and Margaret incorrectly chose?
(a) Second husbands.
(b) Wedding presents.
(c) First husbands.
(d) Wedding locations.
13. How does Liz describe George to Mike?
(a) He is a man of the misfortunate.
(b) He is in over his head.
(c) He is not good enough for Tracy.
(d) He is a man of the people.
14. What do Tracy and Liz agree on about marriage?
(a) It is a gyp.
(b) It is not that important.
(c) It is not a gyp.
(d) It is way too expensive.
15. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Why Tracy and George are getting married.
(b) Why Tracy didn't tell him about her upcoming marriage.
(c) Why Tracy left him.
(d) Why Tracy stayed with him so long.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
2. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
3. What does George tell Mike and Liz that he has moved on from?
4. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
5. How does Tracy ask about Sandy's guests in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)