|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liz looking at while Mike and Sandy are talking in the third part of Act 1?
(a) The silverware on the table.
(b) The wedding gifts.
(c) The magazine collection.
(d) The antique plate collection.
2. Where does the play open?
(a) The Lord front porch.
(b) The Lord sitting room.
(c) The Lord kitchen.
(d) The Lord patio.
3. What does George joke about when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) The way they talk.
(b) The coal dust on his clothes.
(c) The way Tracy is acting.
(d) The questions they are asking him.
4. What does Mike say he opposes?
(a) Everything the Lords stand for.
(c) Everything the Lords oppose.
(d) Second marriages.
5. How does Liz describe George to Mike?
(a) He is not good enough for Tracy.
(b) He is a man of the people.
(c) He is a man of the misfortunate.
(d) He is in over his head.
6. What do Mike and Liz comment on as they enter the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) How small the house is.
(b) The amount of rooms.
(c) How quiet the house is.
(d) The noise in the house.
7. How does Dinah introduce herself to Mike and Liz?
(b) In passing.
8. Where is George staying?
(a) In the guest cottage.
(b) In the downstairs guest room.
(c) In the room above the garage.
(d) In the upstairs guest room.
9. What is Liz surprised to see in the Lord home after Sandy leaves?
(a) A rare coin collection.
(b) A painting.
(c) A family portrait.
(d) A hunting trophy.
10. Who does Uncle Willie suggest he might invite to the wedding?
(a) His dancer friend from Connecticut.
(b) His actress friend from Connecticut.
(c) His dancer friend from New York.
(d) His actress friend from New York.
11. What does Mike speculate someone with the name Dexter might be?
12. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy remark on?
(a) The Rich and Powerful.
(b) The Rich and Famous.
(c) The Rich and Clueless.
(d) The Rich and Mighty.
13. As the family discusses, what might Kidd be sued for?
(c) Copyright Infringement.
14. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Why Tracy stayed with him so long.
(b) Why Tracy didn't tell him about her upcoming marriage.
(c) Why Tracy and George are getting married.
(d) Why Tracy left him.
15. What question does Mike ask Sandy about George and Tracy?
(a) Why it took them so long to meet.
(b) What Dexter thinks about them.
(c) How they met.
(d) How long ago they met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy suggest might happen if Mike and Liz get to know the family?
2. How does Dinah know that Dexter is back in town?
3. Where did Dinah get the magazine she is reading in Act 1, Part 1?
4. How does Tracy indicate she should ask Dexter to lunch?
5. How does Mike react to Liz's answer about whether or not she has been married?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)