Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret apologize for when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) For being late.
(b) For not inviting them to the wedding.
(c) For not offering them something to drink.
(d) For not being familiar with their work.
2. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Take the pictures.
(c) Throw the rice.
(d) Hand out programs.
3. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
(a) She pities her.
(b) She is scared of her.
(c) She loathes her.
(d) She doesn't understand her.
4. What does Mike wonder about Dexter during his first visit to the Lord's house?
(a) Why he married Tracy.
(b) What he is like.
(c) Why he divorced Tracy.
(d) Where he is now.
5. Where did Tracy elope with her first husband?
(b) New York.
(c) New England.
6. What was the only trouble Dexter gave her, according to Tracy?
(a) Marrying her.
(b) Talking to her too much.
(c) Ignoring her too much.
(d) Divorcing her.
7. Where does George work?
(a) In a field.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In a stock room.
(d) In a mine.
8. What have Margaret and Tracy not had very much success in, according to Margaret?
(a) Learning from mistakes.
(b) Picking out wedding presents.
(c) Being patient.
(d) Being wives.
9. What does Margaret tell Dexter when he arrives at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) To talk to Tracy.
(b) To stay away from Tracy.
(c) To go home.
(d) To make himself at home.
10. What will Tracy be happy about if Seth sees the article?
(a) That he will like it.
(b) That he will be famous.
(c) That he will blame Margaret.
(d) That he will be upset.
11. What does Mike say he opposes?
(a) Second marriages.
(b) Everything the Lords oppose.
(d) Everything the Lords stand for.
12. Why does Sandy tell Liz the family doesn't know their reason for being there?
(a) They have too much to worry about already.
(b) It is more pleasant.
(c) It is more amusing.
(d) They wouldn't understand.
13. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
(a) Thank-you notes.
(b) A passage in a diary.
(d) A letter to a friend.
14. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
(a) If Dexter left her without saying anything.
(b) If Dexter hit her.
(c) If Tracy hit him.
(d) If Tracy left him without saying anything.
15. What does Sandy suggest might happen if Mike and Liz get to know the family?
(a) They will find out how decent the family is.
(b) They will want to be just like them.
(c) They will find out how deceptive the family is.
(d) They will never want to be like them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth say caused him to visit?
2. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
3. What talent does Liz have, as revealed by Mike to Tracy?
4. What does Tracy say she will give the magazine that they will never forget?
5. What is Mike complaining about in the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)