|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tracy indicate she should ask Dexter to lunch?
2. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
(a) Sandy's appreciation for Dexter being back in town.
(b) Sandy's lack of enthusiasm for the wedding.
(c) Sandy's family and how he forgot to get a wedding present.
(d) Sandy's family and wedding present.
3. What does Dinah tell Margaret has been written about Seth?
(a) His relationship with an actress from New York.
(b) His relationship with an actress from Connecticut.
(c) His relationship with a dancer in New York.
(d) His relationship with a dancer in Connecticut.
4. How does Liz describe George to Mike?
(a) He is not good enough for Tracy.
(b) He is a man of the misfortunate.
(c) He is a man of the people.
(d) He is in over his head.
5. What does Mike wonder about Dexter during his first visit to the Lord's house?
(a) What he is like.
(b) Where he is now.
(c) Why he married Tracy.
(d) Why he divorced Tracy.
6. Who arrives as Tracy is leaving at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Uncle Harry.
(b) Uncle Willie.
(c) Uncle Larry.
(d) Uncle Billy.
7. Which one of Mike's stories does Tracy remark on?
(a) The Rich and Powerful.
(b) The Rich and Clueless.
(c) The Rich and Mighty.
(d) The Rich and Famous.
8. What is Liz surprised to see in the Lord home after Sandy leaves?
(a) A painting.
(b) A family portrait.
(c) A rare coin collection.
(d) A hunting trophy.
9. What does George tell Mike and Liz that he has moved on from?
(a) The article written about him.
(b) His previous marriage.
(c) The way they greeted him.
(d) His previous job.
10. Where did Tracy elope with her first husband?
(a) New York.
(d) New England.
11. What does Uncle Willie offer to Liz as he enters with Seth?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A rose.
(d) A drink.
12. What does Mike ask Sandy about George's story?
(a) Why it took so long.
(b) How long it took to happen.
(c) If the family is proud of him.
(d) If it is true.
13. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
(a) A passage in a diary.
(b) Thank-you notes.
(d) A letter to a friend.
14. What does Tracy do when Uncle Willie arrives?
(a) She pretends he is her father.
(b) She pretends he is invisible.
(c) She scolds him for being late.
(d) She laughs at the way he is dressed.
15. What does Seth tell Margaret he can sense?
(a) Tracy's resentment.
(b) Tracy's inability to make a decision.
(c) Tracy's joy at seeing him.
(d) Tracy's joy at seeing Dexter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tracy go when she was drunk one night during their marriage, according to Dexter?
2. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
3. What do Tracy and Liz agree on about marriage?
4. Where is George staying?
5. What does Sandy confess that he has done with regard to the magazine article about Seth?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)