|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret apologize for when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) For not offering them something to drink.
(b) For being late.
(c) For not being familiar with their work.
(d) For not inviting them to the wedding.
2. What does Seth say caused him to visit?
(a) The letter Sandy sent him.
(b) The article Sandy sent him.
(c) The phone call from Dinah.
(d) The invitation from Tracy.
3. Who arrives as Tracy is leaving at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Uncle Willie.
(b) Uncle Harry.
(c) Uncle Billy.
(d) Uncle Larry.
4. What does Mike speculate someone with the name Dexter might be?
5. What was the only trouble Dexter gave her, according to Tracy?
(a) Marrying her.
(b) Talking to her too much.
(c) Divorcing her.
(d) Ignoring her too much.
6. What does Margaret credit Seth for at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Their confusion.
(b) The attitude of Mike and Liz.
(c) Their trouble.
(d) The article about George.
7. What does Dinah ask Margaret about Tracy and Dexter?
(a) If Tracy hit him.
(b) If Tracy left him without saying anything.
(c) If Dexter left her without saying anything.
(d) If Dexter hit her.
8. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is the one Tracy really wants to be with.
(b) He is in.
(c) He should never have been with Tracy.
(d) He is out.
9. What does Tracy offer Mike the use of?
(a) Her cabin.
(b) Her cottage.
(c) The guest room.
(d) The room above the garage.
10. How does Margaret respond when Dinah says that the article she is reading, "stinks?"
(a) She covers her ears.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She talks over her.
(d) She corrects her.
11. What is Tracy writing in the beginning of the play?
(a) A letter to a friend.
(b) Thank-you notes.
(d) A passage in a diary.
12. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
(a) His watch.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) His wallet.
(d) Her wedding present.
13. What do Tracy and Liz agree on about marriage?
(a) It is a gyp.
(b) It is not that important.
(c) It is way too expensive.
(d) It is not a gyp.
14. How does Tracy ask about Sandy's guests in Act 1, Part 2?
15. What does Tracy say both she and Margaret incorrectly chose?
(a) First husbands.
(b) Wedding presents.
(c) Second husbands.
(d) Wedding locations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. What is Liz's feeling about Tracy before the two meet?
3. What does Tracy think Mike's "toughness" is?
4. What does Tracy say to Mike about his writing?
5. Where did Tracy elope with her first husband?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)