|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret apologize for when first meeting Mike and Liz?
(a) For being late.
(b) For not inviting them to the wedding.
(c) For not offering them something to drink.
(d) For not being familiar with their work.
2. How does Sandy plan on explaining Seth's absence from the wedding?
(a) He will tell them Seth is away on business.
(b) A fake telegram explaining the absence.
(c) Hiring someone to pretend they are Seth.
(d) A fake phone call explaining the absence.
3. What does Dexter leave on the table as he exits Tracy's pre-wedding dinner?
(a) Her engagement ring.
(b) His wallet.
(c) Her wedding present.
(d) His watch.
4. What do Tracy, Margaret, Sandy, and Dinah talk about as the second part of Act 1 begins?
(a) Sandy's lack of enthusiasm for the wedding.
(b) Sandy's appreciation for Dexter being back in town.
(c) Sandy's family and wedding present.
(d) Sandy's family and how he forgot to get a wedding present.
5. What does Sandy confess that he has done with regard to the magazine article about Seth?
(a) He has asked Seth if he saw it yet.
(b) He has called Seth and told him about it.
(c) He has written Seth a letter about it.
(d) He has sent Seth a copy.
6. What are the writer and photographer not aware of?
(a) That the family disapproves of them being there.
(b) That the family knows their purpose for being there.
(c) That the family wants the article published.
(d) That the family is still deciding about the article.
7. What does Dexter wonder at the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1?
(a) Why Tracy left him.
(b) Why Tracy and George are getting married.
(c) Why Tracy didn't tell him about her upcoming marriage.
(d) Why Tracy stayed with him so long.
8. What does Liz tell Mike about Dexter while they wait in the Lord house in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He is out.
(b) He is in.
(c) He is the one Tracy really wants to be with.
(d) He should never have been with Tracy.
9. How does Dinah feel about Tracy's marriage?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is excited about it.
(c) She is dreading it.
(d) She prefers Dexter.
10. What does Dinah tell Dexter at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tracy never wants to see him again.
(b) Tracy has invited him to lunch.
(c) Tracy doesn't know he is back in town.
(d) Tracy still has feelings for him.
11. What is Mike complaining about in the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) That Kidd doesn't appreciate him as much as Liz.
(b) That Kidd works them too hard.
(c) That Kidd underutilizes them.
(d) That Kidd likes Liz more than him.
12. How do Tracy and Margaret react to Sandy's deal with the magazine?
(a) They are both angry.
(b) They are both relieved.
(c) Margaret is angry, Tracy is relieved.
(d) Tracy is angry, Margaret is relieved.
13. What does Sandy suggest might happen if Mike and Liz get to know the family?
(a) They will never want to be like them.
(b) They will find out how deceptive the family is.
(c) They will find out how decent the family is.
(d) They will want to be just like them.
14. What does Sandy comment on as he greets Mike?
(a) Mike's friendliness.
(b) Mike's hostile attitude.
(c) Mike's quiet demeanor.
(d) Mike's magnetic personality.
15. What question does Mike ask Sandy about George and Tracy?
(a) Why it took them so long to meet.
(b) What Dexter thinks about them.
(c) How long ago they met.
(d) How they met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liz looking at while Mike and Sandy are talking in the third part of Act 1?
2. Where did Tracy elope with her first husband?
3. What does Tracy want Liz to do at her wedding?
4. What does Seth say caused him to visit?
5. How does Dinah know that Dexter is back in town?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)