Act 1 Part 1
• The Lord family is introduced as elite, upper class people who are very concerned about their reputation.
• Tracy Lord talks about her upcoming wedding, and her high standards are established.
• Dinah, Tracy's younger sister, mentions how Tracy's ex-husband, Dexter, is back in town.
Act 1 Part 2
• George, Tracy's husband-to-be, is described as a miner who worked his way up to running the mine.
• Sandy arranges to prevent the story of Seth's affair from being published in return for an exclusive story on Tracy's wedding.
• Mike, the reporter, and Liz, the photographer, arrive at the Lord home.
Act 1 Part 3
• Mike is clearly bothered by the lifestyle of the Lords and other wealthy families.
• Liz points out the relevance, or irrelevance of names.
• Mike has preconceived notions about what Tracy, Dexter, and George will be like.
Act 1 Part 4
• Tracy and Dinah act in an over-the-top fashion to impress Mike...
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)