|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dr. Flyte's first stop over?
2. Where is the soldier?
3. What is Dr. Chakrabarty's little miracle actually called?
4. What eventually happens to the sample?
5. What form does it take when it arrives next?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Bryce and Jenny discouraged when Copperfield arrives?
2. When Flyte suggests that the Ancient Enemy could be the creature that the bible refers to as Satan, Frank disagrees, insisting that he doesn't believe in spooks. What are the consequences of this comment?
3. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
4. What lesson does the entity feel compelled to re-administer after Copperfield and his team arrive?
5. What does Fletcher Kale finally realize as he is being taken down to court?
6. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
7. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
8. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
9. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
10. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the crimes Fletcher Kale has committed? Why did he commit them? What does he realize on his way to the courthouse, and how does that affect his behavior? What drastic action does he take at this stage to regain his freedom? What information does he learn that leads him to the perfect hideout? What earlier ties does he have to this property? After arriving, what does he discover that leads him to believe his life has a purpose and ironically would have made his other crimes unnecessary had he discovered this first?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods outside of Jake's cabin? Who arrives first? While Fletcher is trying to decide what to do, what does he see walking out of the woods and what is strange about it? How does the situation become even stranger in the next few minutes? Where do the new arrivals herd him into? Who is waiting there, sitting calmly and serenely beside an ever changing mass? What does this person tell Kale, and how does Kale respond?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Sara Yamaguchi and what are her credentials? What report does she deliver to Bryce and Jennifer after conducting a cursory autopsy of one of the bodies? What answers does this provide them? What does she determine the cause of death of most of the victims is? What other anomaly does she discover and what analogy does she draw to help them understand what she is telling them? What worries her as she is giving her report and what discoveries are made as a result?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)