|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Copperfield's team wearing?
2. How does it arrive?
3. What substance does the creature resemble microscopically?
4. Where is the second call made to?
5. Who's voice do they hear in the cooler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does science reveal about the victims and about the creature's use of them?
2. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
3. What lesson does the entity feel compelled to re-administer after Copperfield and his team arrive?
4. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
5. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
6. What is the situation at the Bischoff house, and how do Bryce and Jenny react?
7. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
8. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
9. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
10. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dr. Timothy Flyte? What is his significance to this story? What information does he have to contribute? How does he help to identify the entity responsible for the situation in Snowfield? What history does he provide about this entity and how far back in time does the existence of this entity go? What other mass disappearances are likely attributed to it:? What surprises does Flyte get when he learns about the entity first hand from those in Snowfield?
Essay Topic 2
How long does it take before reinforcements arrive? What is immediately disappointing to both Bryce and Jennifer about these reinforcements? How is the reality of their arrival inconsistent with the anticipation of their arrival and purpose? What does this rescue group consist of, and what is their mandated purpose? What are the immediate precautions taken to ensure their safety? Who is the first of the group to realize the unimportance of this precaution?
Essay Topic 3
What exactly is the Ancient Enemy? What reason does it have for its behavior? How does it view the human race? Why is it likely that it feels superior to the human race? How does it view Timothy Flyte in the beginning and why? What offer does it make to Timothy Flyte and how does it communicate this offer directly to him? Why is it important to the Ancient Enemy that Flyte be present and what does the entity hope to gain from his presence?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)