|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does the creature resemble microscopically?
2. What happens once travel arrangements are made?
3. Who's voice do they hear in the cooler?
4. Where is his bio hazard suit?
5. What animal appears to have survived the creature and approaches Gordy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
2. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
3. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
4. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
5. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
6. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
7. What kind of people make up the team that Copperfield brings with him?
8. How does word of the situation in Snowfield leak despite Hammond's best efforts to stop it?
9. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
10. What is the situation at the Bischoff house, and how do Bryce and Jenny react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who comes to Jennifer and Lisa's rescue? What secret does one of the rescuers have and why is it especially significant now? What is it about this secret that makes him fearful and how does it call into question his choice of profession? What is the first stop the group makes? What examination is made that is out of character under normal circumstances and why does it seem especially necessary now?
Essay Topic 2
What does Flyte tell the Ancient Enemy when it insists that human beings are merely cattle to it? How does Flyte explain the level of intelligence the creature has managed to evolve with? Why does that anger the Ancient Enemy? What attributes other than intelligence has the Ancient Enemy inadvertently absorbed along with the many people it has consumed to survive? Why is this significant now? What effect does it have on the creature?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Ancient Enemy request of Kale and Terr when it realizes that it is dying? How has it represented itself to them, and what lofty position do they believe they hold with it? How do they think this effects them overall? What tasks are they given before it leaves? Where do they attempt to carry out these special tasks, and what is the outcome? What promise did the creature make that is quickly revealed as hogwash? What kills Terr, and what is the final killer for Kale?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)