|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara reveal the bodies were killed?
2. What bothers Jennifer?
3. What does Kale find in Jake's home?
4. What does Fletcher remember about Johnson?
5. Who does Fletcher hear about on the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
2. What is so unusual about the conditions at the Sheffield home that Frank and Gordy ask Bryce to come and look?
3. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
4. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
5. What is the situation at the Bischoff house, and how do Bryce and Jenny react?
6. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
7. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
8. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
9. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
10. What does Fletcher Kale finally realize as he is being taken down to court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the crimes Fletcher Kale has committed? Why did he commit them? What does he realize on his way to the courthouse, and how does that affect his behavior? What drastic action does he take at this stage to regain his freedom? What information does he learn that leads him to the perfect hideout? What earlier ties does he have to this property? After arriving, what does he discover that leads him to believe his life has a purpose and ironically would have made his other crimes unnecessary had he discovered this first?
Essay Topic 2
Who comes to Jennifer and Lisa's rescue? What secret does one of the rescuers have and why is it especially significant now? What is it about this secret that makes him fearful and how does it call into question his choice of profession? What is the first stop the group makes? What examination is made that is out of character under normal circumstances and why does it seem especially necessary now?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the first of this group to be taken, and what seems to be the reason? In a search of the buildings leading to the Inn, what significant discoveries are made? How are they significant? What do these discoveries all have in common? What unexplainable phenomena is discovered during the search? Who is the second person taken and where is he taken from? What observation does Lisa make about this and how does this event change the way the group behaves?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)