|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Copperfield want to go first?
2. Who calls Jenny at her house?
3. What is Copperfield's team wearing?
4. What happens to Copperfield and his whole team?
5. What eventually happens to the sample?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
2. What does Fletcher Kale finally realize as he is being taken down to court?
3. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
4. How does word of the situation in Snowfield leak despite Hammond's best efforts to stop it?
5. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
6. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
7. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
8. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
9. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
10. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
Essay Topic 2
What exactly is the Ancient Enemy? What reason does it have for its behavior? How does it view the human race? Why is it likely that it feels superior to the human race? How does it view Timothy Flyte in the beginning and why? What offer does it make to Timothy Flyte and how does it communicate this offer directly to him? Why is it important to the Ancient Enemy that Flyte be present and what does the entity hope to gain from his presence?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Dr. Timothy Flyte? What is his significance to this story? What information does he have to contribute? How does he help to identify the entity responsible for the situation in Snowfield? What history does he provide about this entity and how far back in time does the existence of this entity go? What other mass disappearances are likely attributed to it:? What surprises does Flyte get when he learns about the entity first hand from those in Snowfield?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)