|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara tell the A.E. they need?
2. How does it arrive?
3. Where does it direct them to go?
4. How does the creature communicate?
5. What items are delivered to the road block?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
2. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
3. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
4. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
5. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
6. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
7. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
8. Why are Bryce and Jenny discouraged when Copperfield arrives?
9. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
10. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods outside of Jake's cabin? Who arrives first? While Fletcher is trying to decide what to do, what does he see walking out of the woods and what is strange about it? How does the situation become even stranger in the next few minutes? Where do the new arrivals herd him into? Who is waiting there, sitting calmly and serenely beside an ever changing mass? What does this person tell Kale, and how does Kale respond?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)