|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fletcher use to kill the deputy?
2. What form does it take when it arrives next?
3. Where is the publicist going to meet Flyte to guide him through the press conference?
4. What does she request from her base?
5. What is Copperfield's team wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
2. What does science reveal about the victims and about the creature's use of them?
3. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
4. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
5. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
6. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
7. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
8. What kind of people make up the team that Copperfield brings with him?
9. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
10. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How long does it take before reinforcements arrive? What is immediately disappointing to both Bryce and Jennifer about these reinforcements? How is the reality of their arrival inconsistent with the anticipation of their arrival and purpose? What does this rescue group consist of, and what is their mandated purpose? What are the immediate precautions taken to ensure their safety? Who is the first of the group to realize the unimportance of this precaution?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
Essay Topic 3
Of the handful of guests checked into the Inn, what is consistent with what the group finds when it investigates? What message is found on the mirror in one of the bathrooms? How is it important to the story overall? How does this message lead them to crucial answers to the question of what has happened in Snowfield? Who has those answers? What effect does this information have on his career and reputation before now?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)