|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the soldier?
2. Where does it direct them to go?
3. Why is Hammond angry at first?
4. What does she speculate the bodies have been injected with?
5. What is different about the priest's body compared to all the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fletcher Kale finally realize as he is being taken down to court?
2. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
3. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
4. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
5. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
6. What lesson does the entity feel compelled to re-administer after Copperfield and his team arrive?
7. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
8. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
9. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
10. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Flyte tell the Ancient Enemy when it insists that human beings are merely cattle to it? How does Flyte explain the level of intelligence the creature has managed to evolve with? Why does that anger the Ancient Enemy? What attributes other than intelligence has the Ancient Enemy inadvertently absorbed along with the many people it has consumed to survive? Why is this significant now? What effect does it have on the creature?
Essay Topic 2
Who comes to Jennifer and Lisa's rescue? What secret does one of the rescuers have and why is it especially significant now? What is it about this secret that makes him fearful and how does it call into question his choice of profession? What is the first stop the group makes? What examination is made that is out of character under normal circumstances and why does it seem especially necessary now?
Essay Topic 3
What does Sara ask her base to send her? How does she explain the need for further items, and what is the Ancient Enemy's response to her request and her stall for more time? What is the purpose of the chemical that Sara has requested? What is it called and what was its original purpose? Why did it take so long to get the patent for this discovery and why is it unique? What door did this open for future scientific developments?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)