|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing they hear from the second soldier's mike?
2. What items are delivered to the road block?
3. What is Dr. Chakrabarty's little miracle actually called?
4. Where is his bio hazard suit?
5. What substance does the creature resemble microscopically?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
2. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
3. What is so unusual about the conditions at the Sheffield home that Frank and Gordy ask Bryce to come and look?
4. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
5. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
6. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
7. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
8. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
9. Why are Bryce and Jenny discouraged when Copperfield arrives?
10. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Flyte tell the Ancient Enemy when it insists that human beings are merely cattle to it? How does Flyte explain the level of intelligence the creature has managed to evolve with? Why does that anger the Ancient Enemy? What attributes other than intelligence has the Ancient Enemy inadvertently absorbed along with the many people it has consumed to survive? Why is this significant now? What effect does it have on the creature?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dr. Timothy Flyte? What is his significance to this story? What information does he have to contribute? How does he help to identify the entity responsible for the situation in Snowfield? What history does he provide about this entity and how far back in time does the existence of this entity go? What other mass disappearances are likely attributed to it:? What surprises does Flyte get when he learns about the entity first hand from those in Snowfield?
Essay Topic 3
What heralds the arrival of Timothy Flyte? What does he ask the Ancient Enemy for, and why is his request so readily granted? In what manner is his request granted? Where does this manifestation occur? What is one of the first things that is immediately obvious about this sample that the Ancient Enemy provides of itself? What questions does this raise? What does Sara compare the bulk of the Ancient Enemy's substance to?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)