|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the A.E. kill next?
2. Why is Hammond angry at first?
3. Who does Fletcher hear about on the radio?
4. Where is the second call made to?
5. How does Sara reveal the bodies were killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does the entity feel compelled to re-administer after Copperfield and his team arrive?
2. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
3. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
4. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
5. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
6. What is so unusual about the conditions at the Sheffield home that Frank and Gordy ask Bryce to come and look?
7. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
8. How does word of the situation in Snowfield leak despite Hammond's best efforts to stop it?
9. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
10. What does science reveal about the victims and about the creature's use of them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is unusual about the town of Snowfield when Jennifer and Lisa arrive? How do both girls perceive the town differently at first? What are the first things that Jennifer notices as she is driving home versus the first impressions that Lisa has of her new home? Where does Jennifer discover her housekeeper, Hilda? How is this traumatic for Lisa and why is it significant to her? What memory overlaps her observations at first?
Essay Topic 2
How long does it take before reinforcements arrive? What is immediately disappointing to both Bryce and Jennifer about these reinforcements? How is the reality of their arrival inconsistent with the anticipation of their arrival and purpose? What does this rescue group consist of, and what is their mandated purpose? What are the immediate precautions taken to ensure their safety? Who is the first of the group to realize the unimportance of this precaution?
Essay Topic 3
What exactly is the Ancient Enemy? What reason does it have for its behavior? How does it view the human race? Why is it likely that it feels superior to the human race? How does it view Timothy Flyte in the beginning and why? What offer does it make to Timothy Flyte and how does it communicate this offer directly to him? Why is it important to the Ancient Enemy that Flyte be present and what does the entity hope to gain from his presence?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)