|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the A.E. kill next?
2. What does she speculate the bodies have been injected with?
3. How does Gordy think the bullets got there?
4. Why is Hammond angry at first?
5. What gifts does Gordy reveal God gave him and wanted him to pursue in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of people make up the team that Copperfield brings with him?
2. Why are Bryce and Jenny discouraged when Copperfield arrives?
3. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
4. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
5. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
6. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
7. What does Fletcher Kale finally realize as he is being taken down to court?
8. What lesson does the entity feel compelled to re-administer after Copperfield and his team arrive?
9. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
10. How does word of the situation in Snowfield leak despite Hammond's best efforts to stop it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Ancient Enemy request of Kale and Terr when it realizes that it is dying? How has it represented itself to them, and what lofty position do they believe they hold with it? How do they think this effects them overall? What tasks are they given before it leaves? Where do they attempt to carry out these special tasks, and what is the outcome? What promise did the creature make that is quickly revealed as hogwash? What kills Terr, and what is the final killer for Kale?
Essay Topic 2
Of the handful of guests checked into the Inn, what is consistent with what the group finds when it investigates? What message is found on the mirror in one of the bathrooms? How is it important to the story overall? How does this message lead them to crucial answers to the question of what has happened in Snowfield? Who has those answers? What effect does this information have on his career and reputation before now?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)