|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara reveal the bodies were killed?
2. Who calls Jenny at her house?
3. What does she request from her base?
4. How does Flyte get to Santa Mira?
5. When does Flyte think the creature originates from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
2. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
3. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
4. What kind of people make up the team that Copperfield brings with him?
5. What does science reveal about the victims and about the creature's use of them?
6. When Flyte suggests that the Ancient Enemy could be the creature that the bible refers to as Satan, Frank disagrees, insisting that he doesn't believe in spooks. What are the consequences of this comment?
7. How does word of the situation in Snowfield leak despite Hammond's best efforts to stop it?
8. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
9. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
10. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the crimes Fletcher Kale has committed? Why did he commit them? What does he realize on his way to the courthouse, and how does that affect his behavior? What drastic action does he take at this stage to regain his freedom? What information does he learn that leads him to the perfect hideout? What earlier ties does he have to this property? After arriving, what does he discover that leads him to believe his life has a purpose and ironically would have made his other crimes unnecessary had he discovered this first?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sara Yamaguchi and what are her credentials? What report does she deliver to Bryce and Jennifer after conducting a cursory autopsy of one of the bodies? What answers does this provide them? What does she determine the cause of death of most of the victims is? What other anomaly does she discover and what analogy does she draw to help them understand what she is telling them? What worries her as she is giving her report and what discoveries are made as a result?
Essay Topic 3
What does Flyte tell the Ancient Enemy when it insists that human beings are merely cattle to it? How does Flyte explain the level of intelligence the creature has managed to evolve with? Why does that anger the Ancient Enemy? What attributes other than intelligence has the Ancient Enemy inadvertently absorbed along with the many people it has consumed to survive? Why is this significant now? What effect does it have on the creature?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)