|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What naked figure is among them?
2. Who does Fletcher hear about on the radio?
3. Who does the creature kill next?
4. What happens when the soldier enters?
5. Which scientist gives Bryce and Jenny their report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
2. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
3. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
4. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
5. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
6. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
7. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
8. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
9. What is so unusual about the conditions at the Sheffield home that Frank and Gordy ask Bryce to come and look?
10. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Ancient Enemy request of Kale and Terr when it realizes that it is dying? How has it represented itself to them, and what lofty position do they believe they hold with it? How do they think this effects them overall? What tasks are they given before it leaves? Where do they attempt to carry out these special tasks, and what is the outcome? What promise did the creature make that is quickly revealed as hogwash? What kills Terr, and what is the final killer for Kale?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sara Yamaguchi and what are her credentials? What report does she deliver to Bryce and Jennifer after conducting a cursory autopsy of one of the bodies? What answers does this provide them? What does she determine the cause of death of most of the victims is? What other anomaly does she discover and what analogy does she draw to help them understand what she is telling them? What worries her as she is giving her report and what discoveries are made as a result?
Essay Topic 3
How long does it take before reinforcements arrive? What is immediately disappointing to both Bryce and Jennifer about these reinforcements? How is the reality of their arrival inconsistent with the anticipation of their arrival and purpose? What does this rescue group consist of, and what is their mandated purpose? What are the immediate precautions taken to ensure their safety? Who is the first of the group to realize the unimportance of this precaution?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)