Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryce resign himself to?
2. Who does Bryce ask Charlie to call?
3. What other building has a similar oddity?
4. What do they discover is working in the police station?
5. Who does Lisa realize she likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
2. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
3. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
4. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
5. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
6. What is so disturbing and fearful for young deputy Gordy Brogan?
7. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
8. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
9. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
10. When Tal starts to speak in the market, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods outside of Jake's cabin? Who arrives first? While Fletcher is trying to decide what to do, what does he see walking out of the woods and what is strange about it? How does the situation become even stranger in the next few minutes? Where do the new arrivals herd him into? Who is waiting there, sitting calmly and serenely beside an ever changing mass? What does this person tell Kale, and how does Kale respond?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sara Yamaguchi and what are her credentials? What report does she deliver to Bryce and Jennifer after conducting a cursory autopsy of one of the bodies? What answers does this provide them? What does she determine the cause of death of most of the victims is? What other anomaly does she discover and what analogy does she draw to help them understand what she is telling them? What worries her as she is giving her report and what discoveries are made as a result?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)