|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bryce ask Charlie to call?
2. Where does the group gather?
3. What communications are still working?
4. Who is Jennifer's housekeeper?
5. Who does Lisa realize she likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Frank to lash out at this point?
2. What indicators prompt Jake to wait outside Gilmartin's Market for the Sheriff before entering?
3. Where do they discover the housekeeper, Hilda, and what is odd about her?
4. Under what conditions is Jennifer bringing her sister Lisa home to Snowfield?
5. What is perplexing about the situation in the bedroom of the gallery apartment?
6. What is so disturbing and fearful for young deputy Gordy Brogan?
7. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
8. Where do Jennifer and Lisa go next and why?
9. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
10. What is odd about the condition of Paul Henderson and his surroundings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the crimes Fletcher Kale has committed? Why did he commit them? What does he realize on his way to the courthouse, and how does that affect his behavior? What drastic action does he take at this stage to regain his freedom? What information does he learn that leads him to the perfect hideout? What earlier ties does he have to this property? After arriving, what does he discover that leads him to believe his life has a purpose and ironically would have made his other crimes unnecessary had he discovered this first?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods outside of Jake's cabin? Who arrives first? While Fletcher is trying to decide what to do, what does he see walking out of the woods and what is strange about it? How does the situation become even stranger in the next few minutes? Where do the new arrivals herd him into? Who is waiting there, sitting calmly and serenely beside an ever changing mass? What does this person tell Kale, and how does Kale respond?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)