|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the local drug dealer reveal?
2. What do they find in the liquor store that can't be explained?
3. What does Sandler want?
4. What does Bryce mention that finally rattles Fletcher?
5. What happened to Bryce's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that Bryce Hammond rules out?
2. What facts does Bryce slowly reveal that prove Fletcher is lying?
3. What has become of Fletcher Kale?
4. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
5. What conditions do Lisa and Jennifer discover in the house next door that are odd and out of place?
6. What misconception has Jenny had for a very long time that Lisa calls into question?
7. Under what conditions is Jennifer bringing her sister Lisa home to Snowfield?
8. How is Lisa's analysis of the creatures' intelligence reinforced and when?
9. What is perplexing about the situation in the bedroom of the gallery apartment?
10. In what way do Jennifer and Lisa see the town differently as they arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Ancient Enemy request of Kale and Terr when it realizes that it is dying? How has it represented itself to them, and what lofty position do they believe they hold with it? How do they think this effects them overall? What tasks are they given before it leaves? Where do they attempt to carry out these special tasks, and what is the outcome? What promise did the creature make that is quickly revealed as hogwash? What kills Terr, and what is the final killer for Kale?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
Essay Topic 3
What is unusual about the town of Snowfield when Jennifer and Lisa arrive? How do both girls perceive the town differently at first? What are the first things that Jennifer notices as she is driving home versus the first impressions that Lisa has of her new home? Where does Jennifer discover her housekeeper, Hilda? How is this traumatic for Lisa and why is it significant to her? What memory overlaps her observations at first?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)