Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryce resign himself to?
2. Who does Bryce ask Charlie to call?
3. What other building has a similar oddity?
4. What do they discover is working in the police station?
5. Who does Lisa realize she likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
2. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
3. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
4. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
5. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
6. What is so disturbing and fearful for young deputy Gordy Brogan?
7. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
8. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
9. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
10. When Tal starts to speak in the market, what happens?
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
When Jennifer is finally able to place a telephone call, where is it from? Who does she call? How is her call received, and why is her state of mind brought into question? Why is her career and reputation important to how her information is processed? What is the response to her call, and how quickly is it launched? What does Jennifer insist she and Lisa do and what would Lisa's preference be instead? What is the reason for the stand Jennifer takes on this issue?
What heralds the arrival of Timothy Flyte? What does he ask the Ancient Enemy for, and why is his request so readily granted? In what manner is his request granted? Where does this manifestation occur? What is one of the first things that is immediately obvious about this sample that the Ancient Enemy provides of itself? What questions does this raise? What does Sara compare the bulk of the Ancient Enemy's substance to?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)