|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the locked bathroom on the mirror?
2. What do they see outside?
3. What is found in the ovens?
4. Where is his gun?
5. Why don't they call for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
2. What happens before the sisters leave the Oxley residence that scares and relieves Jenny at the same time?
3. What is Lisa's analysis of the creature that attacks Stu Wargle?
4. What has become of Fletcher Kale?
5. What is different about the condition of the bodies in the bakery as opposed to everywhere else in town?
6. Why does Bryce decide that the group should split up on the way to the Oxley residence?
7. Under what conditions is Jennifer bringing her sister Lisa home to Snowfield?
8. What indicators prompt Jake to wait outside Gilmartin's Market for the Sheriff before entering?
9. Why does Talber Whitman worry about his friend Bryce during this interrogation?
10. Where do they discover the housekeeper, Hilda, and what is odd about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dr. Timothy Flyte? What is his significance to this story? What information does he have to contribute? How does he help to identify the entity responsible for the situation in Snowfield? What history does he provide about this entity and how far back in time does the existence of this entity go? What other mass disappearances are likely attributed to it:? What surprises does Flyte get when he learns about the entity first hand from those in Snowfield?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods outside of Jake's cabin? Who arrives first? While Fletcher is trying to decide what to do, what does he see walking out of the woods and what is strange about it? How does the situation become even stranger in the next few minutes? Where do the new arrivals herd him into? Who is waiting there, sitting calmly and serenely beside an ever changing mass? What does this person tell Kale, and how does Kale respond?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)