Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryce resign himself to?
2. Who does Bryce ask Charlie to call?
3. What other building has a similar oddity?
4. What do they discover is working in the police station?
5. Who does Lisa realize she likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
2. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
3. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
4. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
5. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
6. What is so disturbing and fearful for young deputy Gordy Brogan?
7. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
8. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
9. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
10. When Tal starts to speak in the market, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
Of the handful of guests checked into the Inn, what is consistent with what the group finds when it investigates? What message is found on the mirror in one of the bathrooms? How is it important to the story overall? How does this message lead them to crucial answers to the question of what has happened in Snowfield? Who has those answers? What effect does this information have on his career and reputation before now?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
Essay Topic 3
What does Flyte tell the Ancient Enemy when it insists that human beings are merely cattle to it? How does Flyte explain the level of intelligence the creature has managed to evolve with? Why does that anger the Ancient Enemy? What attributes other than intelligence has the Ancient Enemy inadvertently absorbed along with the many people it has consumed to survive? Why is this significant now? What effect does it have on the creature?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)