|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they discover when they go back downstairs?
2. Who does Lisa realize she likes?
3. What is Bryce's first question?
4. How many bodies are discovered in the six occupied rooms in the Candleglow Inn?
5. Who is Jennifer bringing home to Snowfield to live with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goes to see Dr. Timothy Flyte and why?
2. What misconception has Jenny had for a very long time that Lisa calls into question?
3. What happens before the sisters leave the Oxley residence that scares and relieves Jenny at the same time?
4. What facts does Bryce slowly reveal that prove Fletcher is lying?
5. What circumstances disturb Jenny about their findings at Tom and Karen Oxley's home?
6. What causes Frank to lash out at this point?
7. What is odd about the condition of Paul Henderson and his surroundings?
8. What is the first thing that Bryce Hammond rules out?
9. Where do Jennifer and Lisa go next and why?
10. What is different about the condition of the bodies in the bakery as opposed to everywhere else in town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Ancient Enemy request of Kale and Terr when it realizes that it is dying? How has it represented itself to them, and what lofty position do they believe they hold with it? How do they think this effects them overall? What tasks are they given before it leaves? Where do they attempt to carry out these special tasks, and what is the outcome? What promise did the creature make that is quickly revealed as hogwash? What kills Terr, and what is the final killer for Kale?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the first of this group to be taken, and what seems to be the reason? In a search of the buildings leading to the Inn, what significant discoveries are made? How are they significant? What do these discoveries all have in common? What unexplainable phenomena is discovered during the search? Who is the second person taken and where is he taken from? What observation does Lisa make about this and how does this event change the way the group behaves?
Essay Topic 3
What are the crimes Fletcher Kale has committed? Why did he commit them? What does he realize on his way to the courthouse, and how does that affect his behavior? What drastic action does he take at this stage to regain his freedom? What information does he learn that leads him to the perfect hideout? What earlier ties does he have to this property? After arriving, what does he discover that leads him to believe his life has a purpose and ironically would have made his other crimes unnecessary had he discovered this first?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)