|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the locked bathroom on the mirror?
2. Who is the career military man?
3. What does Bryce mention that finally rattles Fletcher?
4. What is the next home Jenny takes Lisa to?
5. What is the husband holding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is odd about the condition of Paul Henderson and his surroundings?
2. When Tal starts to speak in the market, what happens?
3. Who goes to see Dr. Timothy Flyte and why?
4. Under what conditions is Jennifer bringing her sister Lisa home to Snowfield?
5. What has become of Fletcher Kale?
6. How is Lisa's analysis of the creatures' intelligence reinforced and when?
7. Where do Jennifer and Lisa go next and why?
8. What abilities are revealed by the creature to the fox hunting in the surrounding woods?
9. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
10. What conditions do Lisa and Jennifer discover in the house next door that are odd and out of place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What exactly is the Ancient Enemy? What reason does it have for its behavior? How does it view the human race? Why is it likely that it feels superior to the human race? How does it view Timothy Flyte in the beginning and why? What offer does it make to Timothy Flyte and how does it communicate this offer directly to him? Why is it important to the Ancient Enemy that Flyte be present and what does the entity hope to gain from his presence?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sara Yamaguchi and what are her credentials? What report does she deliver to Bryce and Jennifer after conducting a cursory autopsy of one of the bodies? What answers does this provide them? What does she determine the cause of death of most of the victims is? What other anomaly does she discover and what analogy does she draw to help them understand what she is telling them? What worries her as she is giving her report and what discoveries are made as a result?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)