|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they discover when they go back downstairs?
2. Where do they find the housekeeper?
3. How many bodies are discovered in the six occupied rooms in the Candleglow Inn?
4. Where is the couple found?
5. What do they find in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
2. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
3. What lesson does the entity feel compelled to re-administer after Copperfield and his team arrive?
4. What is the reason that the creature is finally killed?
5. Where do Bryce and Jenny end up a year later, and what do they both realize?
6. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
7. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
8. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
9. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
10. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
Essay Topic 1
What exactly is the Ancient Enemy? What reason does it have for its behavior? How does it view the human race? Why is it likely that it feels superior to the human race? How does it view Timothy Flyte in the beginning and why? What offer does it make to Timothy Flyte and how does it communicate this offer directly to him? Why is it important to the Ancient Enemy that Flyte be present and what does the entity hope to gain from his presence?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the first of this group to be taken, and what seems to be the reason? In a search of the buildings leading to the Inn, what significant discoveries are made? How are they significant? What do these discoveries all have in common? What unexplainable phenomena is discovered during the search? Who is the second person taken and where is he taken from? What observation does Lisa make about this and how does this event change the way the group behaves?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Jennifer and Lisa? Why have they been estranged for so many years and what circumstances have now put them together? How is the age difference significant to their relationship thus far? What misconception has Jennifer been under for many years that Lisa is finally able to clear up, and how does this affect Jennifer overall? What might have been different had Jennifer known the truth earlier?
This section contains 2,612 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)