Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryce resign himself to?
2. Who does Bryce ask Charlie to call?
3. What other building has a similar oddity?
4. What do they discover is working in the police station?
5. Who does Lisa realize she likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
2. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
3. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
4. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
5. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
6. What is so disturbing and fearful for young deputy Gordy Brogan?
7. How does the creature reveal its range of knowledge and intelligence?
8. How does the creature manage to get to Gordy on a personal level?
9. What is the most likely reason that Gordy was the next one who was taken, and why was it done in such a public and painful manner?
10. When Tal starts to speak in the market, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dr. Timothy Flyte? What is his significance to this story? What information does he have to contribute? How does he help to identify the entity responsible for the situation in Snowfield? What history does he provide about this entity and how far back in time does the existence of this entity go? What other mass disappearances are likely attributed to it:? What surprises does Flyte get when he learns about the entity first hand from those in Snowfield?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sara Yamaguchi and what are her credentials? What report does she deliver to Bryce and Jennifer after conducting a cursory autopsy of one of the bodies? What answers does this provide them? What does she determine the cause of death of most of the victims is? What other anomaly does she discover and what analogy does she draw to help them understand what she is telling them? What worries her as she is giving her report and what discoveries are made as a result?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Bryce Hammond? What is his significance to this story? How can his overall character be described? Who is his right hand man and what characteristics do they share? When Bryce is able to make a telephone call, what does he immediately request in the way of supplies, and what kind of manpower does he want to add? What team is called to assist them and who is in charge of this team? What is it's overall purpose and responsibility?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)