|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is deputy Paul Henderson bored?
2. Where does the group gather?
3. How long has Hilda been dead?
4. Why do Jenny and Lisa go next door?
5. Where is the county Sheriff located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens before the sisters leave the Oxley residence that scares and relieves Jenny at the same time?
2. What does Gene Terr believe and convince Kale of?
3. How does word of the situation in Snowfield leak despite Hammond's best efforts to stop it?
4. What personal details does Jenny share with Bryce?
5. What does Terr believe is a sign from Lucifer and what are he and Kale told?
6. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
7. Where do they discover the housekeeper, Hilda, and what is odd about her?
8. Who goes to see Dr. Timothy Flyte and why?
9. What is the reason that the creature is finally killed?
10. What facts does Bryce slowly reveal that prove Fletcher is lying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is consistent about most of the bodies that are found in Snowfield? How do they defy any normal logic that as a doctor, Jennifer might apply? What is immediately noticeable about most of these bodies? Which ones are different in condition in the town and where are they found? How are those three people killed? Why is it likely that the Liebermann's bodies are never found? How is that consistent with the rest of the missing townspeople?
Essay Topic 2
Who comes to Jennifer and Lisa's rescue? What secret does one of the rescuers have and why is it especially significant now? What is it about this secret that makes him fearful and how does it call into question his choice of profession? What is the first stop the group makes? What examination is made that is out of character under normal circumstances and why does it seem especially necessary now?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the first of this group to be taken, and what seems to be the reason? In a search of the buildings leading to the Inn, what significant discoveries are made? How are they significant? What do these discoveries all have in common? What unexplainable phenomena is discovered during the search? Who is the second person taken and where is he taken from? What observation does Lisa make about this and how does this event change the way the group behaves?
This section contains 2,610 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)