|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the husband holding?
2. What does Jennifer speculate may be the cause of death at first?
3. What is odd about the housekeeper's appearance?
4. Who thinks the creature outside was a bird?
5. What gives Lisa's story credibility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has become of Fletcher Kale?
2. What misconception has Jenny had for a very long time that Lisa calls into question?
3. Why does Talber Whitman worry about his friend Bryce during this interrogation?
4. Why does Bryce decide that the group should split up on the way to the Oxley residence?
5. What does the suspect, Fletcher Kale presume during his interrogation, and why?
6. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
7. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
8. What is different about the condition of the bodies in the bakery as opposed to everywhere else in town?
9. Where do Jennifer and Lisa go next and why?
10. What abilities are revealed by the creature to the fox hunting in the surrounding woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the crimes Fletcher Kale has committed? Why did he commit them? What does he realize on his way to the courthouse, and how does that affect his behavior? What drastic action does he take at this stage to regain his freedom? What information does he learn that leads him to the perfect hideout? What earlier ties does he have to this property? After arriving, what does he discover that leads him to believe his life has a purpose and ironically would have made his other crimes unnecessary had he discovered this first?
Essay Topic 2
What names does the Ancient Enemy give itself? How does it communicate these names to the group? How does the Ancient Enemy view itself, and what is the direct conflict this creates with its opinion of God and religion in general? What does the Ancient Enemy tell Bryce about his family, and how is it likely to have obtained this personal information about him? Who is the group is deeply affected by the religious connotations involved?
Essay Topic 3
What does Sara ask her base to send her? How does she explain the need for further items, and what is the Ancient Enemy's response to her request and her stall for more time? What is the purpose of the chemical that Sara has requested? What is it called and what was its original purpose? Why did it take so long to get the patent for this discovery and why is it unique? What door did this open for future scientific developments?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)