|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the creature communicate?
(a) By email.
(b) By fax.
(c) Via computer.
(d) By telepathy.
2. What does Kale realize as the deputy takes him down to court?
(a) That his life is about to change.
(b) That he is big news.
(c) That this is his only chance to escape.
(d) That the deputy likes him.
3. Who does it guarantee safe passage to?
(a) Fletcher Kale.
(b) Lisa Paige.
(c) Dr. Timothy Flyte.
(d) Sara Yamaguchi.
4. In what church do Frank and Gordy find the priest?
(a) The Church of the Mountains.
(b) Our Lady of the Mountains.
(c) Our Lady of Peace.
(d) Our Mountain Lady.
5. What does Fletcher remember about Johnson?
(a) He is a naturalist.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is a survivalist.
(d) He is an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the media swarm to?
2. What do they see?
3. What announces Flyte's arrival?
4. What do Bryce and Jenny find?
5. What gang surrounds Fletcher Kale at Jake's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
2. What happens to Fletcher Kale in the woods near Jake Johnson's cabin?
3. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
4. What does science reveal about the victims and about the creature's use of them?
5. Why are Bryce and Jenny discouraged when Copperfield arrives?
6. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
7. What is so unusual about the conditions at the Sheffield home that Frank and Gordy ask Bryce to come and look?
8. What is the situation at the Bischoff house, and how do Bryce and Jenny react?
9. When Flyte suggests that the Ancient Enemy could be the creature that the bible refers to as Satan, Frank disagrees, insisting that he doesn't believe in spooks. What are the consequences of this comment?
10. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)