|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flyte suggest that makes the Ancient Enemy mad?
(a) That its intelligence came through human absorption.
(b) That it isn't actually alive.
(c) That it isn't a God.
(d) That it isn't intelligent at all.
2. How much of an advance did Sandler give to Flyte against future royalties?
(a) Thirty thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty thousand pounds.
(c) Fifty thousand pounds.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
3. How does Hammond get the cooler door open?
(a) He blows it up.
(b) He takes it apart.
(c) He takes off the hinges.
(d) He kicks it in.
4. Where do the survivors go?
(a) To the gallery.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To the diner.
(d) Back to the Inn.
5. What happens to Copperfield and his whole team?
(a) They go back to Santa Mira.
(b) They go into hiding.
(c) They vanish without a trace.
(d) They leave before something bad happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Timothy Flyte what is going on in Snowfield?
2. Where is the soldier?
3. What is left of the guard outside of the Inn?
4. What happens when Gordy picks it up?
5. How does Flyte get to Santa Mira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does science reveal about the victims and about the creature's use of them?
2. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
3. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
4. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
5. What is the situation at the Bischoff house, and how do Bryce and Jenny react?
6. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
7. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
8. When Flyte suggests that the Ancient Enemy could be the creature that the bible refers to as Satan, Frank disagrees, insisting that he doesn't believe in spooks. What are the consequences of this comment?
9. What is so unusual about the conditions at the Sheffield home that Frank and Gordy ask Bryce to come and look?
10. What is Dr. Flyte's concern when Sandler informs him that he wants him to go to California immediately?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)