|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flyte suggest that makes the Ancient Enemy mad?
(a) That it isn't actually alive.
(b) That it isn't intelligent at all.
(c) That its intelligence came through human absorption.
(d) That it isn't a God.
2. What happens once travel arrangements are made?
(a) The lights go out.
(b) The connection is broken.
(c) Paige is attacked.
(d) Hammond is killed.
3. What is left of the guard outside of the Inn?
(a) His hat.
(b) His boots.
(c) His gun.
(d) His uniform.
4. Why is Hammond angry at first?
(a) Copperfield argues with him.
(b) Copperfield ignores him.
(c) Copperfield's men hold them at gunpoint.
(d) Copperfield doesn't listen.
5. How does the creature communicate?
(a) Via computer.
(b) By email.
(c) By telepathy.
(d) By fax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What naked figure is among them?
2. Who does it guarantee safe passage to?
3. What do they see?
4. What substance does the creature resemble microscopically?
5. How does Lisa speculate they got there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group learn from examination of a sample of the Ancient Enemy?
2. What does Flyte share with the six remaining survivors when he gets to Snowfield?
3. Why is Gordy so disturbed when he and Frank go into Our Lady of the Mountains Church?
4. What is the creature unable to use and how is that brought to the survivor's attention?
5. What happens after the helicopter drops the Biosan-4 and they spray the first representation that the A.E. sends them?
6. Who does the creature promise to spare, and why?
7. What do Copperfield's men discover in the sewer system as they are running power cables?
8. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
9. Why are Bryce and Jenny discouraged when Copperfield arrives?
10. What does Copperfield's approach to the whole situation cost him?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)