|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Fletcher make?
(a) He underestimates Bryce Hammond.
(b) He changes his plea.
(c) He fires his attorney.
(d) He implicates a friend.
2. What building do Jenny and Lisa attempt to enter next?
(a) The five and dime.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The motel.
(d) The firehall.
3. What do Paul and Hilda share?
(a) Type of clothing.
(b) Lack of bullets.
(c) All-over bruising appearance in death.
(d) Facial expression.
4. Since its publication, what example has occurred to support it?
(a) Space travel.
(b) Mass disappearance of fish in the ocean.
(c) Space flight.
(d) Contact by the President.
5. How do most people in the group refer to whatever the unknown culprit is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise draws everyone's attention?
2. What is immediately out of place?
3. How many more men does Hammond want sent?
4. What is the husband holding?
5. Who do they find next?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Jennifer and Lisa see the town differently as they arrive?
2. What facts does Bryce slowly reveal that prove Fletcher is lying?
3. What has become of Fletcher Kale?
4. Why does Bryce decide that the group should split up on the way to the Oxley residence?
5. What causes Frank to lash out at this point?
6. What is perplexing about the situation in the bedroom of the gallery apartment?
7. What brainstorm does Sara have that she is afraid to voice out loud, but that the others sense hope in?
8. What message do they find at Candleglow Inn and what horrifies them as they are leaving?
9. What does scientist Sara Yamaguchi report to Bryce and Jenny after their investigation?
10. What happens before the sisters leave the Oxley residence that scares and relieves Jenny at the same time?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)