|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Bryce's wife?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She was killed in a car accident.
(c) She left him for his best friend.
(d) She committed suicide.
2. What do they discover is working in the police station?
(a) The radio.
(b) The flashlight.
(c) The fax machine.
(d) The phone.
3. What happens before the girls leave?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) The television comes on.
(c) Someone knocks on the door.
(d) The radio comes to life.
4. How many bodies are found in the gallery/crafts shop?
5. What does Sandler want?
(a) General Copperfield's orders.
(b) Rewrite and re-release of The Ancient Enemy.
(c) History of Stu Wargle.
(d) Background of Bryce Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Burt Sandler?
2. What fact is revealed about Mrs. Kale's lungs?
3. How many bullets are fired by the woman upstairs?
4. How many bodies are discovered in the six occupied rooms in the Candleglow Inn?
5. Why don't they call for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa want to do and why does Jennifer disagree?
2. What happens before the sisters leave the Oxley residence that scares and relieves Jenny at the same time?
3. Why does Bryce decide that the group should split up on the way to the Oxley residence?
4. What personal details does Jenny share with Bryce?
5. What is the first thing that Bryce Hammond rules out?
6. Where do they discover the housekeeper, Hilda, and what is odd about her?
7. Bryce decides not to risk anyone else and goes back to the police station where the phone is now working. Who does he call and why?
8. Under what conditions is Jennifer bringing her sister Lisa home to Snowfield?
9. Why does Deputy Paul Henderson suffer from boredom and how does that change?
10. In what way do Jennifer and Lisa see the town differently as they arrive?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)