|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the original publication of The Ancient Enemy?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
2. What announces Flyte's arrival?
(a) Hundreds of wasps.
(b) Hundreds of moths.
(c) Lights and whistles.
(d) Church bells and firehouse sirens.
3. What does Kale realize as the deputy takes him down to court?
(a) That he is big news.
(b) That this is his only chance to escape.
(c) That the deputy likes him.
(d) That his life is about to change.
4. How does the creature communicate?
(a) By fax.
(b) Via computer.
(c) By telepathy.
(d) By email.
5. What is left of the guard outside of the Inn?
(a) His gun.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His hat.
(d) His boots.
6. What happens once travel arrangements are made?
(a) Paige is attacked.
(b) Hammond is killed.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) The connection is broken.
7. How much of an advance did Sandler give to Flyte against future royalties?
(a) Fifty thousand pounds.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Thirty thousand dollars.
(d) Sixty thousand pounds.
8. What do Flyte and Sara request of the creature?
(a) To touch it.
(b) To hold it.
(c) To question it.
(d) To study it.
9. What eventually happens to the sample?
(a) It shrinks.
(b) It leaves.
(c) It grows.
(d) It dies.
10. What does she speculate the bodies have been injected with?
(a) A paralytic agent.
(b) A psychotic drug.
(c) Some kind of preservative.
(d) A sedative.
11. Where is the soldier?
(a) On the floor.
(b) At the back.
(c) On the shelf.
12. Who is waiting for him on the phone?
13. Where does Copperfield want to go first?
(a) The bakery.
(b) The gallery.
(c) The Inn.
(d) The police station.
14. How does Lisa speculate they got there?
(a) The townspeople hid it there.
(b) The creature expelled it.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The creature is keeping them as souveniers.
15. What does Fletcher remember about Johnson?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is a naturalist.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a survivalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's voice do they hear in the cooler?
2. What is Tal forced to do?
3. What is the last thing they hear from the second soldier's mike?
4. In what church do Frank and Gordy find the priest?
5. Why do Copperfield's men go into the sewer line?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)