|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about Hilda's bruising?
(a) It is red and fresh looking.
(b) It is in a pattern.
(c) It seems to be yellowed.
(d) It covers her whole body.
2. What caused Jenny's father's death?
(a) A suicide.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A massive stroke.
(d) A murder.
3. What does Bryce mention that finally rattles Fletcher?
(a) High Country Investments.
(b) They know about his other wife.
(c) They found his mistress.
(d) They found his accomplice.
4. What is conspicuously absent in the room?
(a) There are no customers.
(b) There is no power.
(c) There is little blood.
(d) There is no flour.
5. Who is Burt Sandler?
(a) Another deputy.
(b) A literary agent.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A Lieutenant in the Army.
6. Who's body is the first to be examined by Bryce Hammond?
(a) Hilda Beck
(b) Tom Oxley
(c) Paul Henderson
(d) Karen Oxley
7. What other building has a similar oddity?
(a) The Motel.
(b) The Pharmacy.
(c) The Gallery.
(d) The Hotel.
8. What building do Jenny and Lisa attempt to enter next?
(a) The firehall.
(b) The motel.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The five and dime.
9. What worries Gordy Brogan?
(a) He will be unable to use his weapon.
(b) He will get lost.
(c) He will not get home.
(d) He will wet himself.
10. What fact is revealed about Mrs. Kale's lungs?
(a) They are black.
(b) They are full of cancer.
(c) They are clean and smoke free.
(d) They are damaged.
11. How do they gain access to the next building?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) By going around to the back.
(d) Through the basement.
12. What is Bryce's first question?
(a) Why did Fletcher run?
(b) Why did Fletcher do laundry?
(c) Why did Fletcher lie?
(d) Why did Fletcher buy drugs?
13. How do most people in the group refer to whatever the unknown culprit is?
14. Who thinks the creature outside was a bird?
15. What do Paul and Hilda share?
(a) Type of clothing.
(b) Lack of bullets.
(c) Facial expression.
(d) All-over bruising appearance in death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodies are discovered in the six occupied rooms in the Candleglow Inn?
2. Where does this meeting take place?
3. Why does Jenny go into her office?
4. Who does Bryce ask Charlie to call?
5. What communications are still working?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)