Part One: Victims. Chapters 1-5: The Town Jail, Coming Home, The Dead Woman, The House Next Door, Three Bullets
1. Why is deputy Paul Henderson bored?
(a) He has been relegated to guarding the jailhouse.
(b) He isn't on call today.
(c) There are too many staff members in.
(d) There is little action off season in Snowfield.
2. Who is Jennifer bringing home to Snowfield to live with her?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
3. Where is the town of Snowfield?
4. Who is Jennifer's housekeeper?
(a) Becky Hildabrand.
(b) Hilda Beck.
(c) Becky Holland.
(d) Helen Beck.
5. Where do they find the housekeeper?
(a) In the living room, dead.
(b) In her garage suite, dead.
(c) In the bedroom, dead.
(d) On the kitchen floor, dead.
6. What is odd about the housekeeper's appearance?
(a) She's been drowned.
(b) She's been strangled and shot.
(c) She looks like she's covered in bruises.
(d) She's been hanged.
7. What memory does this provoke in Lisa?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) Her brother's death.
(c) Her sister's death.
(d) Her mother's death.
This section contains 3,432 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)