Part One: Victims. Chapters 1-5: The Town Jail, Coming Home, The Dead Woman, The House Next Door, Three Bullets
1. Why is deputy Paul Henderson bored?
(a) There are too many staff members in.
(b) There is little action off season in Snowfield.
(c) He has been relegated to guarding the jailhouse.
(d) He isn't on call today.
2. Who is Jennifer bringing home to Snowfield to live with her?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. Where is the town of Snowfield?
4. Who is Jennifer's housekeeper?
(a) Becky Holland.
(b) Helen Beck.
(c) Hilda Beck.
(d) Becky Hildabrand.
5. Where do they find the housekeeper?
(a) In the living room, dead.
(b) In her garage suite, dead.
(c) On the kitchen floor, dead.
(d) In the bedroom, dead.
6. What is odd about the housekeeper's appearance?
(a) She's been drowned.
(b) She's been strangled and shot.
(c) She's been hanged.
(d) She looks like she's covered in bruises.
7. What memory does this provoke in Lisa?
(a) Her brother's death.
(b) Her sister's death.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Her mother's death.
This section contains 3,432 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)