Part One: Victims. Chapters 1-5: The Town Jail, Coming Home, The Dead Woman, The House Next Door, Three Bullets
• Paul Henderson, a deputy at the Snowfield California police station, is at his desk reading Time.
• He hears a sound that is brief and distant, resembling a woman's scream.
• A second scream is more than alarm and in fact sounds like terror.
• He gets up and heads for the door with his hand on his gun holster when he hears a sound from behind.
• This is not possible, as he is alone and the rear door had been locked all day.
• He turns to discover he no longer alone and not bored anymore either.
• Dr. Jennifer Page is bringing her fourteen-year-old sister back to Snowfield with her.
• Lisa loves Snowfield immediately, marveling at the little ski town where Jennifer has her home.
• Jennifer notices that it is actually too...
This section contains 5,638 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)