* Paul Henderson, a deputy at the Snowfield California police station, is at his desk reading Time.
* He hears a sound that is brief and distant, resembling a woman's scream.
* A second scream is more than alarm and in fact sounds like terror.
* He gets up and heads for the door with his hand on his gun holster when he hears a sound from behind.
* This is not possible, as he is alone and the rear door had been locked all day.
* He turns to discover he no longer alone and not bored anymore either.
* Dr. Jennifer Page is bringing her fourteen-year-old sister back to Snowfield with her.
* Lisa loves Snowfield immediately, marveling at the little ski town where Jennifer has her home.
* Jennifer notices that it is actually too...
This section contains 5,278 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)