|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
2. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
3. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
4. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
5. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is dissonance? What is a din? How do the definitions of these words impact the imagery of Dr. Dissonance and Dynne?
Essay Topic 2
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)