|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
2. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
3. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
4. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
5. What demon gives Milo, Tock and Humbug the advice that they should run?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
Essay Topic 2
Who (what) is the Spelling Bee? What is it that makes the Spelling Bee and Humbug naturally argumentative with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What kinds of thing does Milo plan to do when he discovers that the tollbooth is gone? Were those things always available for him to do? Why hadn't he discovered them before?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)