|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
2. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
3. What does the creature that Milo meets after the Spelling Bee use to try to hit the Spelling Bee?
4. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
5. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo say about making another trip?
2. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
3. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
4. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
5. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
6. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
7. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
8. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
9. How does the demon of insecurity describe himself?
10. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Silent Valley become silent? How does Milo learn about the events that led to complete silence? How does Milo help end the silence?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between Dr. Discord and the Soundkeeper?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)