|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
2. What does the floating boy say an elephant would think of a bucket of water?
3. What is the first letter Milo eats?
4. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
5. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
2. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
3. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
4. Humbug says the Mathemagician's pencil isn't magic. What is the Mathemagician's answer?
5. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
6. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
7. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
8. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
9. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
10. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the demons who attack Milo and his group. Describe each. What are the bad habits or traits each of them describe? Which of those would Milo have exhibited before his trip?
Essay Topic 2
Compare King Azaz the Unabridged and Mathemagician. How are they the same? Different?
Essay Topic 3
What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)