|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
2. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
3. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
4. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
5. What does the floating boy say wouldn't exist unless the symphony played?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
2. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
3. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
4. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
5. What does Officer Shrift say to those attending the banquet? What does he say to Milo?
6. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
7. What does Milo say about making another trip?
8. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
9. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
10. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of thing does Milo plan to do when he discovers that the tollbooth is gone? Were those things always available for him to do? Why hadn't he discovered them before?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the demons who attack Milo and his group. Describe each. What are the bad habits or traits each of them describe? Which of those would Milo have exhibited before his trip?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Silent Valley become silent? How does Milo learn about the events that led to complete silence? How does Milo help end the silence?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)