|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
2. On what floor is Milo's apartment?
3. What is the next creature Milo meets, after the Spelling Bee?
4. What does Milo suggest as a way for King Azaz to address the problem of guests rushing out after the banquet?
5. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Milo's response when he's told that words grow in the orchards of Dictionopolis?
2. Describe the Triple Demons of Compromise.
3. Describe the watchdog.
4. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
5. How does the demon of insecurity describe himself?
6. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
7. What is the response to Milo's question, "What are the Doldrums?"
8. What items are included with the toll booth?
9. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
10. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 2
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Silent Valley and the Soundkeeper's role. What is the Soundkeeper's reaction to the release of the sounds?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)