|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
2. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
3. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
4. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
5. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
Short Essay Questions
1. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
2. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
3. What does Milo say about making another trip?
4. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
5. What happens when the Humbug and Spelling Bee get into a fight?
6. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
7. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
8. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
9. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
10. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Silent Valley and the Soundkeeper's role. What is the Soundkeeper's reaction to the release of the sounds?
Essay Topic 2
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the word market to the numbers mine.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)