|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Officer at the Word Market say Milo can talk to while in prison?
2. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
3. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
4. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
5. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
2. How does Milo select his first destination?
3. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
4. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
5. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
6. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
7. What does Milo say about making another trip?
8. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
9. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
10. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story Faintly Macabre tells?
Essay Topic 2
What is dissonance? What is a din? How do the definitions of these words impact the imagery of Dr. Dissonance and Dynne?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Milo put together the tollbooth in the first place? Compare that to his initial disappointment upon finding that the tollbooth is gone.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)