|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
2. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
3. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
4. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
5. Where does Milo find himself immediately after passing through the tollbooth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
2. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
3. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
4. What does Milo say about making another trip?
5. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
6. What does Officer Shrift say to those attending the banquet? What does he say to Milo?
7. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
8. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
9. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
10. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the royal banquet Milo attends in Dictionopolis. How does that differ from the stew served in Digitopolis?
Essay Topic 2
What is dissonance? What is a din? How do the definitions of these words impact the imagery of Dr. Dissonance and Dynne?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Silent Valley become silent? How does Milo learn about the events that led to complete silence? How does Milo help end the silence?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)