|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
2. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
3. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
4. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
5. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
2. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
3. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
4. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
5. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
6. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
7. What does Officer Shrift say to those attending the banquet? What does he say to Milo?
8. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
9. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
10. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
Essay Topic 2Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 3Compare the word market to the numbers mine.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)