|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
2. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
3. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
4. What is the first letter Milo eats?
5. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
2. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
3. How does his vision problem hamper Alec Bings as he runs through the forest?
4. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
5. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
6. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
7. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
8. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
9. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
10. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Alec Bings? What is his special talent? What is limiting about that ability?
Essay Topic 2
What is dissonance? What is a din? How do the definitions of these words impact the imagery of Dr. Dissonance and Dynne?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Officer Shrift? What roles does he take on after the fight in the market?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)