|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guests do when King Azaz says, "Attention?"
2. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
3. What is the name of the boy Milo finds floating in the air?
4. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
5. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
2. What does Milo discover about words after having walked around in the Word Market for awhile?
3. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
4. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
5. What items are included with the toll booth?
6. What does Milo say about making another trip?
7. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
8. How does Milo select his first destination?
9. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
10. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Alec Bings? What is his special talent? What is limiting about that ability?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Silent Valley and the Soundkeeper's role. What is the Soundkeeper's reaction to the release of the sounds?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)