|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
2. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
3. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
4. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
5. What do the guests do when King Azaz says, "Attention?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
2. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
3. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
4. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
5. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
6. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
7. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
8. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
9. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
10. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story Faintly Macabre tells?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the demons who attack Milo and his group. Describe each. What are the bad habits or traits each of them describe? Which of those would Milo have exhibited before his trip?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)