|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
2. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
3. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
4. What is the name of the boy Milo finds floating in the air?
5. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
2. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
3. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
4. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
5. What is Milo's response when he's told that words grow in the orchards of Dictionopolis?
6. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
7. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
8. What is the response to Milo's question, "What are the Doldrums?"
9. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
10. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of thing does Milo plan to do when he discovers that the tollbooth is gone? Were those things always available for him to do? Why hadn't he discovered them before?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the royal banquet Milo attends in Dictionopolis. How does that differ from the stew served in Digitopolis?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)