|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
2. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
3. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
4. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
5. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
2. What is Milo's response when he's told that words grow in the orchards of Dictionopolis?
3. What items are included with the toll booth?
4. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
5. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
6. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
7. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
8. Describe the Triple Demons of Compromise.
9. Humbug says the Mathemagician's pencil isn't magic. What is the Mathemagician's answer?
10. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Silent Valley become silent? How does Milo learn about the events that led to complete silence? How does Milo help end the silence?
Essay Topic 2
Who are Rhyme and Reason? Why is the presence of Rhyme and Reason vital to the entire country?
Essay Topic 3
What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)