|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
2. What does the floating boy say an elephant would think of a bucket of water?
3. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
4. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
5. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
2. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
3. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
4. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
5. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
6. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
7. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
8. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
9. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
10. Why does Alec Bings say he is floating in the air?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is dissonance? What is a din? How do the definitions of these words impact the imagery of Dr. Dissonance and Dynne?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Silent Valley become silent? How does Milo learn about the events that led to complete silence? How does Milo help end the silence?
Essay Topic 3
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)