|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
2. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
3. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
4. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
5. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
2. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
3. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
4. Why does Chroma the Great say he's in such dire need of sleep?
5. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
6. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
7. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
8. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
9. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
10. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are Rhyme and Reason? Why is the presence of Rhyme and Reason vital to the entire country?
Essay Topic 2
Who (what) is the Spelling Bee? What is it that makes the Spelling Bee and Humbug naturally argumentative with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Chroma? What is his role in the world?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)