|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
2. What is the symphony "playing" when Milo accompanies the floating boy to the concert?
3. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
5. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
2. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
3. How does his vision problem hamper Alec Bings as he runs through the forest?
4. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
5. How does the demon of insecurity describe himself?
6. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
7. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
8. Humbug says the Mathemagician's pencil isn't magic. What is the Mathemagician's answer?
9. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
10. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of thing does Milo plan to do when he discovers that the tollbooth is gone? Were those things always available for him to do? Why hadn't he discovered them before?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the royal banquet Milo attends in Dictionopolis. How does that differ from the stew served in Digitopolis?
Essay Topic 3
Who are Rhyme and Reason? Why is the presence of Rhyme and Reason vital to the entire country?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)