|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
2. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
3. What do the guests do when King Azaz says, "Attention?"
4. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
5. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
2. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
3. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
4. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
5. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
6. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
7. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
8. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
9. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
10. What does Officer Shrift say to those attending the banquet? What does he say to Milo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Alec Bings? What is his special talent? What is limiting about that ability?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the demons who attack Milo and his group. Describe each. What are the bad habits or traits each of them describe? Which of those would Milo have exhibited before his trip?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)