|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
2. What is on King Azaz's robe?
3. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
4. It's said the people of Dictionopolis don't really care about the arrival of a visitor. What are they pleased to see?
5. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
2. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
3. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
4. What is the response to Milo's question, "What are the Doldrums?"
5. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
6. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
7. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
8. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
9. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
10. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the royal banquet Milo attends in Dictionopolis. How does that differ from the stew served in Digitopolis?
Essay Topic 2
Compare King Azaz the Unabridged and Mathemagician. How are they the same? Different?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Milo put together the tollbooth in the first place? Compare that to his initial disappointment upon finding that the tollbooth is gone.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)