|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the floating boy say it makes sense to grow down rather than up?
2. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
3. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
5. What does Tock want to do while Milo is looking at words in the marketplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
2. How does Milo select his first destination?
3. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
4. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
5. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
6. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
7. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
8. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
9. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
10. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Milo returns with Rhyme and Reason, both King Azaz and the Mathemagician say that they knew the quest was impossible, but hadn't told him so. Why do they say they didn't tell him the quest was impossible? Is that reasonable?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the demons who attack Milo and his group. Describe each. What are the bad habits or traits each of them describe? Which of those would Milo have exhibited before his trip?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Milo put together the tollbooth in the first place? Compare that to his initial disappointment upon finding that the tollbooth is gone.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)