|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo believe to be missing from the gift?
2. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
3. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
4. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
5. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
2. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
3. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
4. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
5. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
6. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
7. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
8. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
9. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
10. What does Milo discover about words after having walked around in the Word Market for awhile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of thing does Milo plan to do when he discovers that the tollbooth is gone? Were those things always available for him to do? Why hadn't he discovered them before?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Chroma? What is his role in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Who (what) is the Spelling Bee? What is it that makes the Spelling Bee and Humbug naturally argumentative with each other?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)