|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Milo quickly discover are illegal in the Doldrums?
2. What does the creature that Milo meets after the Spelling Bee use to try to hit the Spelling Bee?
3. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
4. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
5. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
Short Essay Questions
1. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
2. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
3. Describe the watchdog.
4. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
5. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
6. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
7. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
8. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
9. What does Officer Shrift say to those attending the banquet? What does he say to Milo?
10. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Silent Valley become silent? How does Milo learn about the events that led to complete silence? How does Milo help end the silence?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Alec Bings? What is his special talent? What is limiting about that ability?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)