|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
2. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
3. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
4. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
5. What does Milo suggest as a way for King Azaz to address the problem of guests rushing out after the banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does his vision problem hamper Alec Bings as he runs through the forest?
2. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
3. How does Milo select his first destination?
4. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
5. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
6. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
7. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
8. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
9. What does Milo say about making another trip?
10. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Milo put together the tollbooth in the first place? Compare that to his initial disappointment upon finding that the tollbooth is gone.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Officer Shrift? What roles does he take on after the fight in the market?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)