|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
2. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
3. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
4. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
5. What does the floating boy say happens to a person who grows with their feet in the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo discover about words after having walked around in the Word Market for awhile?
2. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
3. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
4. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
5. What is Milo's response when he's told that words grow in the orchards of Dictionopolis?
6. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
7. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
8. How does the demon of insecurity describe himself?
9. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
10. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Officer Shrift? What roles does he take on after the fight in the market?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Alec Bings? What is his special talent? What is limiting about that ability?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)