|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it in Dictionopolis in Chapter 3?
2. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
3. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
4. What does the floating boy say wouldn't exist unless the symphony played?
5. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
2. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
3. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
4. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
5. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
6. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
7. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
8. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
9. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
10. Why does Milo say it took him so long to arrive at the Castle in the Air to rescue Rhyme and Reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Officer Shrift? What roles does he take on after the fight in the market?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Chroma? What is his role in the world?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story Faintly Macabre tells?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)