|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
2. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
3. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
4. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
5. Why does the floating boy say it makes sense to grow down rather than up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
2. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
3. Why does Milo say it took him so long to arrive at the Castle in the Air to rescue Rhyme and Reason?
4. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
5. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
6. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
7. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
8. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
9. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
10. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Milo put together the tollbooth in the first place? Compare that to his initial disappointment upon finding that the tollbooth is gone.
Essay Topic 2
Who (what) is Tock? How did Tock get his name? Why does Tock make a good companion for Milo?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the royal banquet Milo attends in Dictionopolis. How does that differ from the stew served in Digitopolis?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)