|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 8, where does King Azaz say they've all gone?
3. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
4. What is the first letter Milo eats?
5. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
2. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
3. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
4. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
5. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
6. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
7. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
8. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
9. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
10. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
Essay Topic 1
Who are Rhyme and Reason? Why is the presence of Rhyme and Reason vital to the entire country?
Essay Topic 2
What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the word market to the numbers mine.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)