Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
2. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
3. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
4. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
5. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
2. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
3. What items are included with the toll booth?
4. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
5. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
6. What does Milo say about making another trip?
7. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
8. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
9. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
10. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
Essay Topic 1
Who (what) is the Spelling Bee? What is it that makes the Spelling Bee and Humbug naturally argumentative with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Who (what) is Tock? How did Tock get his name? Why does Tock make a good companion for Milo?
Essay Topic 3
What is Milo like before his quest? Compare that to what he is like after the journey. How does this change take place?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)