|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
2. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
3. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
4. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
5. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo discover about words after having walked around in the Word Market for awhile?
2. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
3. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
4. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
5. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
6. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
7. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
8. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
9. Describe the watchdog.
10. What items are included with the toll booth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of thing does Milo plan to do when he discovers that the tollbooth is gone? Were those things always available for him to do? Why hadn't he discovered them before?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 3
Who are Rhyme and Reason? Why is the presence of Rhyme and Reason vital to the entire country?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)