|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guarantee is included with the tollbooth?
2. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
3. What does Milo believe to be missing from the gift?
4. What does the floating boy say happens to a person who grows with their feet in the air?
5. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
2. How does Milo select his first destination?
3. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
4. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
5. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
6. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
7. How does his vision problem hamper Alec Bings as he runs through the forest?
8. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
9. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
10. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between: Dr. Discord and Dynne; Tock and the Spelling Bee; Officer Shrift and Faintly Macabre. Though these are fictional characters, are the relationships believable?
Essay Topic 2
Who (what) is Tock? How did Tock get his name? Why does Tock make a good companion for Milo?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the demons who attack Milo and his group. Describe each. What are the bad habits or traits each of them describe? Which of those would Milo have exhibited before his trip?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)