|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
(a) Brilliant purple.
(b) Baby yellow.
(c) Pale pink.
(d) Bright blue.
2. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(a) King Azaz.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) A demon.
3. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
(b) Milo guesses.
(c) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
(d) Someone whispers it to Milo.
4. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) To protect their homes.
(b) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(c) They are simply mean.
(d) To protect Ignorance.
5. What is the shape of the cloud outside Milo's window the afternoon the tollbooth disappears?
(a) A tree.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A demon.
(d) A caterpillar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
2. How long does Milo calculate it will take to finish the tasks assigned by the faceless man?
3. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
4. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
5. What is it that King Azaz and the Mathemagician tell Milo about his quest after he returns?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)