|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
(d) A clock.
2. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
(b) Faintly Macabre.
(d) Azaz the Unabridged.
3. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit quietly.
(b) Blow his horn.
(c) Read the map.
(d) Yell for help.
4. In Chapter 8, where does King Azaz say they've all gone?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the market place.
(c) To the Doldrums.
(d) To Wisdom.
5. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(a) King Azaz.
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
2. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
3. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
4. What is the name of the boy Milo finds floating in the air?
5. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
2. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
3. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
4. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
5. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
6. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
7. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
8. Describe the watchdog.
9. Why does Alec Bings say he is floating in the air?
10. How does Milo select his first destination?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)