|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(d) A heart attack.
2. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
(a) The Lethargians.
(b) The Little People.
(c) The Whether People.
(d) The Doldrumites.
3. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
(a) That it's home.
(b) That it's an ocean.
(c) That it's just a bucket of water.
(d) That it's a place to get a drink.
4. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
(a) Faintly Macabre.
(b) Aunt Faintly.
(c) Aunt Fanny.
5. How does the watchdog wind himself?
(a) With his hind leg.
(b) He doesn't wind himself.
(c) He asks Milo for help.
(d) With his front leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
2. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
3. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
4. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
5. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
2. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
3. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
4. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
5. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
6. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
7. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
8. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
9. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
10. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)