|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
(a) He's purple.
(b) He's tall.
(c) He's short.
(d) He's skinny.
2. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(a) A heart attack.
3. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A reason.
(b) A flag.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A watch.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
(a) Night air is bad.
(b) The moon is made of green cheese.
(c) Don't run with scissors.
(d) It never rains, it pours.
5. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
2. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
3. What does the floating boy say he thinks of the bucket of water?
4. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
5. Where does Milo find himself immediately after passing through the tollbooth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
2. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
3. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
4. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
5. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
6. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
7. How does the demon of insecurity describe himself?
8. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
9. Humbug says the Mathemagician's pencil isn't magic. What is the Mathemagician's answer?
10. How does his vision problem hamper Alec Bings as he runs through the forest?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)