|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
(a) Yell for help.
(b) Read the map.
(c) Sit quietly.
(d) Blow his horn.
2. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That they must be teh same age.
(b) That he must be about twelve.
(c) That he must be younger than he looks.
(d) That he must be older than he looks.
3. Who does the Officer at the Word Market say Milo can talk to while in prison?
(a) The judge.
(b) The witch.
(c) The watch.
(d) The jailer.
4. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
(a) He's purple.
(b) He's skinny.
(c) He's tall.
(d) He's short.
5. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
(a) That he would have to choose for everyone.
(b) That he would have to eat his words.
(c) That he would have to juggle.
(d) That he would have to clear the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
2. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
3. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
4. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
5. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
2. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
3. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
4. Why does Chroma the Great say he's in such dire need of sleep?
5. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
6. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
7. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
8. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
9. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
10. Describe the Triple Demons of Compromise.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)