|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
2. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
(a) He can see a person's thoughts.
(b) He can see through things.
(c) He can read minds.
(d) He can see only things below him.
3. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(b) That they'll have to juggle.
(c) That they'll be banished.
(d) That they'll be beheaded.
4. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
(a) A clock.
5. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
(a) Are we lost?
(b) Are we there yet?
(c) Do you have the map?
(d) Are you ready to turn back?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the watchdog wind himself?
2. What is the symphony "playing" when Milo accompanies the floating boy to the concert?
3. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
5. On what floor is Milo's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
2. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
3. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
4. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
5. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
6. What happens when the Humbug and Spelling Bee get into a fight?
7. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
8. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
9. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
10. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)