|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(c) Run errands.
2. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(b) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(c) Which is better, darkness or light.?
(d) Which is better, numbers or words?
3. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Eating Time.
(b) The Word Banquet.
(c) The Royal Banquet.
(d) The Word Market Sale.
4. What is the watchdog's name?
(a) Tock Tick.
(c) Tick Tock.
5. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
(a) For Milo who never has anything to do.
(b) For Milo who needs a diversion.
(c) For Milo, From Mom and Dad.
(d) For Milo who has plenty of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
2. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
3. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
4. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
5. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
2. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
3. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
4. What happens when the Humbug and Spelling Bee get into a fight?
5. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
6. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
7. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
8. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
9. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
10. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)