|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
(c) Tock Tick.
(d) Tick Tock.
2. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
3. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
(a) That it's just a bucket of water.
(b) That it's a place to get a drink.
(c) That it's an ocean.
(d) That it's home.
4. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(d) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
5. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
(a) There really isn't a city at all.
(b) There are no people.
(c) The city is built on the clouds.
(d) There are no cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
2. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
3. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
4. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
5. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
2. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
3. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
4. What does Chroma say to Milo when he arrives to lead the orchestra at sunrise?
5. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
6. What does Milo discover about words after having walked around in the Word Market for awhile?
7. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
8. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
9. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
10. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)