|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
(a) Night air is bad.
(b) The moon is made of green cheese.
(c) Don't run with scissors.
(d) It never rains, it pours.
2. What is the watchdog's name?
(a) Tock Tick.
(b) Tick Tock.
3. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(c) Count to a thousand.
(d) Tell stories.
4. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
(b) Faintly Macabre.
(d) Azaz the Unabridged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
3. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
4. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
5. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Milo's response when he's told that words grow in the orchards of Dictionopolis?
2. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
3. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
4. How does Milo select his first destination?
5. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
6. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
7. Why does Alec Bings say he is floating in the air?
8. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
9. Why do the creatures of the Doldrums say thinking is against the law?
10. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)