|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
(a) Quagmire, flabbergast and upon.
(b) Quagmire, flabbergast and utterly.
(c) Quagmire, flabbergast and upholstery.
(d) Quagmire, flabbergast and unbelievable.
2. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
(b) The coin box and purple paint.
(c) The map and rule book.
(d) The map and sunshades.
3. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A flag.
(c) A reason.
(d) A watch.
4. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(d) A heart attack.
5. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Eating Time.
(b) The Word Market Sale.
(c) The Royal Banquet.
(d) The Word Banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
2. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
3. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
4. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
5. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
2. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
3. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
4. Why does Alec Bings say he is floating in the air?
5. What was the job of Faintly Macabre before she was imprisoned?
6. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
7. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
8. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
9. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
10. What is the chief duty of Rhyme and Reason?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)