|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll be banished.
(b) That they'll have to juggle.
(c) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(d) That they'll be beheaded.
2. What does the floating boy say happens to a person who grows with their feet in the air?
(b) He never learns to walk but gets very fat.
(c) He grows to ten times the size of a normal parson and walks among the stars.
(d) He grows to ten times the size of a normal person and lives in the treetops.
3. When Milo says he can't sing, tell songs, juggle or tumble, what does the King say?
(a) That he is an ordinary little boy.
(b) That he has to learn to sing.
(c) That he has to wash dishes.
(d) That he has to leave.
4. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
(a) A book.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A box.
(d) A sword.
5. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
(a) That both nouns and verbs are important.
(b) That both numbers and words are important.
(c) That both darkness and light are important.
(d) That both Dictionopolis and Digitopolis are important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
2. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
3. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
4. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
5. What does the floating boy say an elephant would think of a bucket of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Humbug and Spelling Bee get into a fight?
2. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
3. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
4. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
5. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
6. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
7. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
8. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
9. Why does Milo say it took him so long to arrive at the Castle in the Air to rescue Rhyme and Reason?
10. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)