|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(b) Pages from books.
2. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(a) Run errands.
3. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
(a) A guide.
(b) A sword.
(c) A book.
(d) A box.
4. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
5. What does the floating boy say wouldn't exist unless the symphony played?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
2. When Milo says he can't sing, tell songs, juggle or tumble, what does the King say?
3. What is the first letter Milo eats?
4. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
5. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the brothers who are kings of Digitopolis and Dictionopolis?
2. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
3. How does Milo select his first destination?
4. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
5. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
6. Humbug says the Mathemagician's pencil isn't magic. What is the Mathemagician's answer?
7. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
8. Why does Chroma the Great say he's in such dire need of sleep?
9. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
10. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)