|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the humming sound Milo hears at the marketplace?
(b) The Humbug.
(c) The Spelling Bee.
(d) The letter.
2. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
(a) Valley of Sudden Noises.
(c) Mountains of Ignorance.
3. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
(a) That it's a place to get a drink.
(b) That it's home.
(c) That it's an ocean.
(d) That it's just a bucket of water.
4. When Milo says he can't sing, tell songs, juggle or tumble, what does the King say?
(a) That he has to leave.
(b) That he has to learn to sing.
(c) That he has to wash dishes.
(d) That he is an ordinary little boy.
5. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) I am not.
(b) Don't shout.
(c) I am.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
2. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
3. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
4. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
5. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
2. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
3. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
4. Why does Alec Bings say he is floating in the air?
5. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
6. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
7. How does his vision problem hamper Alec Bings as he runs through the forest?
8. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
9. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
10. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)