|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Milo find himself immediately after passing through the tollbooth?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) On the beach.
(c) On a country highway.
(d) On a desert road.
2. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
(a) He bites them both.
(b) His alarm rings.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He hides.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
(a) Night air is bad.
(b) Don't run with scissors.
(c) It never rains, it pours.
(d) The moon is made of green cheese.
4. Where does Milo sleep that night in Chapter 10, after attending the symphony?
(a) In a chair.
(b) On the grass.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On the pages of tomorrow's music.
5. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A bottle of soda.
(b) A cup of candy.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
2. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
3. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
4. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
5. How does the watchdog wind himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
2. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
3. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
4. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
5. Why does Alec Bings say he is floating in the air?
6. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
7. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
8. Why does Chroma the Great say he's in such dire need of sleep?
9. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
10. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)