|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
(a) That it's home.
(b) That it's an ocean.
(c) That it's just a bucket of water.
(d) That it's a place to get a drink.
2. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll be banished.
(b) That they'll have to juggle.
(c) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(d) That they'll be beheaded.
3. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(d) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
4. What does Milo suggest as a way for King Azaz to address the problem of guests rushing out after the banquet?
(a) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
(b) Send for help.
(c) Pass a law.
(d) Offer a reward.
5. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(a) Press the gas pedal.
(b) Put gas in the car.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
2. What does the floating boy say he thinks of the bucket of water?
3. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
4. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
5. Who does the Officer at the Word Market say Milo can talk to while in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo discover about words after having walked around in the Word Market for awhile?
2. Describe the Triple Demons of Compromise.
3. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
4. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
5. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
6. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
7. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
8. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
9. What are King Azaz and the Mathemagician saying as Milo leaves in Chapter 19?
10. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)