|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
(a) He's skinny.
(b) He's tall.
(c) He's short.
(d) He's purple.
2. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Banquet.
(b) The Royal Eating Time.
(c) The Word Banquet.
(d) The Word Market Sale.
3. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(a) Run errands.
4. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
(a) Ordinary ones.
(b) Juicy, temping ones.
(c) Marvelously fancy ones.
(d) Ifs, ands, and buts.
5. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
(a) The king's two sons.
(b) The king's two nephews.
(c) The king's wife.
(d) The king's advisors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Milo a reason to enter the city in Chapter 3?
2. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
3. What does the creature that Milo meets after the Spelling Bee use to try to hit the Spelling Bee?
4. What guarantee is included with the tollbooth?
5. What is Milo looking at when he meets the floating boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
2. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
3. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
4. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
5. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
6. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
7. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
8. Explain the .58 boy's example related to money that he says explains why averages are so wonderful.
9. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
10. Why does Milo say it took him so long to arrive at the Castle in the Air to rescue Rhyme and Reason?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)