|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
2. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
(a) To pay fines.
(b) To pay tolls.
(c) To buy souvenirs.
(d) There are no coins.
3. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, numbers or words?
(b) Which is better, darkness or light.?
(c) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(d) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
4. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
(a) The king's two sons.
(b) The king's wife.
(c) The king's advisors.
(d) The king's two nephews.
5. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
(a) Pass a law.
(b) Send for help.
(c) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
(d) Offer a reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the creature that Milo meets after the Spelling Bee use to try to hit the Spelling Bee?
2. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
3. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
4. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
5. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response to Milo's question, "What are the Doldrums?"
2. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
3. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
4. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
5. What kinds of desserts are served to the diners at the Royal Palace?
6. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
7. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
8. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
9. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
10. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)