|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(c) Count to a thousand.
(d) Tell stories.
2. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
(a) The coin box and purple paint.
(c) The map and sunshades.
(d) The map and rule book.
3. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(a) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) King Azaz.
4. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
(c) Tick Tock.
(d) Tock Tick.
5. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
(a) Welcome to Dictionopolis.
(b) Welcome to Expectations.
(c) Do Not Enter.
(d) Welcome to El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the watchdog's name?
2. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
3. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
4. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
5. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo say about making another trip?
2. Name three of the crimes Milo and Tock are charged with in Chapter 5.
3. Humbug says the Mathemagician's pencil isn't magic. What is the Mathemagician's answer?
4. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
5. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
6. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
7. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
8. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
9. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
10. Why does the Soundkeeper say she collects and stores all sounds?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)