|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Milo find himself immediately after passing through the tollbooth?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a jungle.
(c) On a desert road.
(d) On a country highway.
2. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
(a) Near the phonograph.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the elevator.
3. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That they must be teh same age.
(b) That he must be older than he looks.
(c) That he must be younger than he looks.
(d) That he must be about twelve.
4. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
5. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A sword.
(c) A box.
(d) All the words he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
2. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
3. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
4. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
5. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
2. What four roles is the man in the cottage pretending to play and why?
3. What does Milo say about making another trip?
4. What items are included with the toll booth?
5. Why does Milo say it took him so long to arrive at the Castle in the Air to rescue Rhyme and Reason?
6. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
7. How does the demon of insecurity describe himself?
8. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
9. What happens to the sign and the roads to Digitopolis when the Dodecahedron spins it around?
10. What's wrong with Humbug right after the banquet is completed?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)