|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(b) That they'll be banished.
(c) That they'll have to juggle.
(d) That they'll be beheaded.
2. What two words does the marketplace salesman try to sell to Milo?
(a) Happy and buy.
(b) Good and bye.
(c) Happy and good.
(d) Happy and birthday.
3. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
4. It's said the people of Dictionopolis don't really care about the arrival of a visitor. What are they pleased to see?
(a) Someone go.
(b) Someone take care of Humbug.
(c) Someone eat.
(d) Someone watch TV.
5. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
(a) A marble.
(b) A flag.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
2. What color is the tollbooth?
3. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
4. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
5. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe King Azaz the Unabridged.
2. What is it that takes Milo, Tock and Humbug away from their journey for a brief time?
3. How do the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason, come to live in the kingdom?
4. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
5. How does Milo get from King Azaz's dining room to the market square?
6. Why does Milo come to realize he got stuck in the Doldrums?
7. What does Officer Shrift say to those attending the banquet? What does he say to Milo?
8. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
9. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
10. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)