|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
(a) For Milo who has plenty of time.
(b) For Milo who needs a diversion.
(c) For Milo, From Mom and Dad.
(d) For Milo who never has anything to do.
2. What do the guests do when King Azaz says, "Attention?"
(a) They leave.
(b) They ask for water.
(c) They pledge the flag.
(d) They stand.
3. It's said the people of Dictionopolis don't really care about the arrival of a visitor. What are they pleased to see?
(a) Someone take care of Humbug.
(b) Someone watch TV.
(c) Someone go.
(d) Someone eat.
4. On what floor is Milo's apartment?
5. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
(a) That her name is Faintly Macabre.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That she's really a witch.
(d) That she's really not-so-wicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
3. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
4. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
5. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
2. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
3. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
4. Describe the watchdog.
5. Why does Milo say it took him so long to arrive at the Castle in the Air to rescue Rhyme and Reason?
6. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
7. Describe the staff carried by the Mathemagician.
8. Describe Rhyme and Reason.
9. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
10. What disadvantage does Alec Bings say Milo has because he grows upward?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)