|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
(a) Quagmire, flabbergast and utterly.
(b) Quagmire, flabbergast and upholstery.
(c) Quagmire, flabbergast and unbelievable.
(d) Quagmire, flabbergast and upon.
2. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(b) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(c) Which is better, numbers or words?
(d) Which is better, darkness or light.?
3. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
(a) Rocking and knitting.
(b) Rocking and reading.
(c) Rocking and talking.
(d) Rocking and sewing.
4. What makes the humming sound Milo hears at the marketplace?
(a) The Spelling Bee.
(b) The Humbug.
(c) The letter.
5. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
2. What is Milo looking at when he meets the floating boy?
3. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
4. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
5. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does Alec Bings make about a bucket of water?
2. How does the Mathemagician answer Milo's request for the smallest and largest numbers?
3. What is Dynne's job as assistant to Dr. Dissonance?
4. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
5. What rules are on the three signs included with Milo's surprise present?
6. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
7. What saying does the Earl of Essence use that makes him fall?
8. What is Humbug's attitude as he, Alec, and Milo set off on their adventure?
9. What is the response to Milo's question, "What are the Doldrums?"
10. What annoying habit does the Duke of Definition have?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)