|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
(a) There are no people.
(b) There are no cars.
(c) There really isn't a city at all.
(d) The city is built on the clouds.
2. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
(c) Azaz the Unabridged.
(d) Faintly Macabre.
3. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
(a) Are we lost?
(b) Are you ready to turn back?
(c) Are we there yet?
(d) Do you have the map?
4. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A cup of candy.
(b) A bottle of soda.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A glass of water.
5. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
(b) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(c) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(d) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
2. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
3. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
4. What is the significance of July 27?
5. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Milo think when he realizes that he has a surprise present?
2. When Milo and King Azaz are talking, Humbug constantly adds his own comments. Who does the Humbug agree with?
3. Describe the watchdog.
4. What threat does Milo make to escape the giant?
5. What happens when the Humbug and Spelling Bee get into a fight?
6. As guest of honor at the banquet at the Royal Palace, what does Milo discover he's supposed to do?
7. What are some of the slogans being yelled by sellers at the Word Market?
8. What does the Humbug say about learning to spell?
9. What tasks and tools are given to Tock, Milo and Humbug by the faceless man?
10. How does Humbug describe the Mountains of Ignorance?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)