|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) King Azaz.
2. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A cup of candy.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A bottle of soda.
3. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
(a) Everyone has to pour gas into the tank.
(b) Everyone has to be silent.
(c) Everyone has to talk.
(d) Everyone has to think.
4. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
(a) His necktie.
(b) His handkerchief.
(c) His napkin.
(d) His sock.
5. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
(a) All the words he knows.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A sword.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
2. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
3. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
4. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
5. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Word Market?
2. What three roles does Officer Shrift play after the incident in the Word Market?
3. What items are included with the toll booth?
4. What, according to the people of the Valley of Sound, happens to sounds that aren't heard? Why is this significant?
5. What is Faintly Macabre's response when Milo says he can't leave the prison for six million years?
6. What does Milo say about making another trip?
7. Milo finds a note in his bedroom the day after his adventure. Why does the note say the tollbooth was taken away?
8. What does Alec Bings say caused the city of Reality to disappear?
9. When Milo, Tock and Humbug arrive on the island, Milo asks a man, "Where are we?" What question does the man ask Milo?
10. Why does Milo decide to buy some words in the Word Market?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)