|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Milo calculate it will take to finish the tasks assigned by the faceless man?
(a) 837 minutes.
(b) 837 years.
(c) 37 minutes.
(d) 87 years.
2. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Hammers for adding.
(b) Saws for dividing.
(c) Tools for measuring.
(d) Buckets for weighing.
3. What is it that stops the demons from chasing Milo, Tock, Humbug, Rhyme and Reason in Chapter 19?
(a) Everyone Milo had met along the way.
(b) King Azaz and the Mathemagician.
(c) Dr. Dissonance and Dynne.
(d) The armies of Wisdom.
4. What does the Mathemagician say is done with the jewels found in the mine?
(a) There are no jewels.
(b) They're polished and sold.
(c) They're used for fractions.
(d) They're thrown away.
5. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
(a) A radio.
(d) Rhyme and reason.
6. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The sound of chopping.
(b) The shaking of the room.
(c) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
(d) The screams of Humbug.
7. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
(a) A bird.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A number five.
(d) A candle.
8. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A circus.
(b) A ledger.
(c) A demon.
(d) A zoo.
9. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
(c) Dr. Dissonance.
10. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(b) To protect their homes.
(c) To protect Ignorance.
(d) They are simply mean.
11. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(b) Wait for what?.
(c) Thirty-four pounds.
(d) I can't wait.
12. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
13. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(a) It begins to glide toward the earth.
(b) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(d) It begins to float away.
14. What does the "A" stand for in Dr. Kakofonous A. Discord's name?
(a) As loud as possible.
(b) As rude as possible.
(c) As often as possible.
15. What does Dr. Discord say Milo, Tock and Humbug are suffering from?
(b) Lack of color.
(c) Lack of noise.
(d) Lack of music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
2. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
3. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
4. What does the Mathemagician provide for Milo, Tock, Humbug and the others to eat?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)