|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
(b) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(c) Milo guesses.
(d) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
2. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(a) A river.
(b) A line.
(d) A road.
3. What does Milo plan to do the day after his adventure?
(a) Stay at home and rest.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Go on another trip.
(d) Work a puzzle.
4. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The sound of chopping.
(b) The screams of Humbug.
(c) The shaking of the room.
(d) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Draw maps.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Read books.
(d) Play music.
6. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The Senses Taker.
(b) The Senile Gentleman.
(c) The Sound Taker.
(d) The Castle Guard.
7. What does the "A" stand for in Dr. Kakofonous A. Discord's name?
(a) As often as possible.
(c) As loud as possible.
(d) As rude as possible.
8. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being write.
(b) Being with friends.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Being wrong.
9. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
(a) The word.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A drumbeat.
(d) The word.
10. What does the Mathemagician provide for Milo, Tock, Humbug and the others to eat?
(a) Multiplication stew.
(b) Division stew.
(c) Addition stew.
(d) Subtraction stew.
11. What is the shape of the cloud outside Milo's window the afternoon the tollbooth disappears?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A caterpillar.
(c) A tree.
(d) A demon.
12. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
(d) Dr. Dissonance.
13. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(a) A buzz.
(b) A squeak.
(d) A tick.
14. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(b) Thirty-four pounds.
(c) Wait for what?.
(d) I can't wait.
15. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A bass drum.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A piccolo.
(d) A trombone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
2. How much time has elapsed when Milo arrives home at the end of the book?
3. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
4. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
5. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)