|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Play music.
(b) Read books.
(c) Draw maps.
(d) Sing songs.
2. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of an explosion.
(b) The sound of a radio.
(c) The sound of a crash.
(d) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
3. What is the name of the island where Milo, Tock and Humbug wind up in Chapter 13?
(a) The Island of Conclusions.
(b) The Land of Congratulations.
(c) The Island of Congratulations.
(d) The Land of Confusion.
4. What does Milo plan to do the day after his adventure?
(a) Stay at home and rest.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Work a puzzle.
(d) Go on another trip.
5. What is it that stops the demons from chasing Milo, Tock, Humbug, Rhyme and Reason in Chapter 19?
(a) King Azaz and the Mathemagician.
(b) Everyone Milo had met along the way.
(c) The armies of Wisdom.
(d) Dr. Dissonance and Dynne.
6. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(b) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(c) It begins to glide toward the earth.
(d) It begins to float away.
7. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They talk too loudly.
(b) They step on his hand.
(c) They knock on his door.
(d) They stumble into his cave.
8. What does Dr. Discord say Milo, Tock and Humbug are suffering from?
(a) Lack of music.
(b) Lack of noise.
(d) Lack of color.
9. In Chapter 19, why does Humbug say he can't leave with Milo?
(a) He is going on a lecture tour.
(b) He has to remain with Tock.
(c) He wants to continue fighting the demons.
(d) He knows he would be homesick.
10. What does the Mathemagician say is done with the jewels found in the mine?
(a) They're used for fractions.
(b) They're thrown away.
(c) They're polished and sold.
(d) There are no jewels.
11. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A piccolo.
(c) A telephone.
12. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being write.
(b) Being wrong.
(c) Being with friends.
(d) Being alone.
13. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That he'll never get there.
(b) That everything is huge.
(c) That everything is green.
(d) That nothing is complete.
14. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A circus.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A demon.
15. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
2. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
3. What is the name of the faceless man?
4. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
5. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)