|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A piccolo.
(c) A bass drum.
(d) A trombone.
2. What is the name of the island where Milo, Tock and Humbug wind up in Chapter 13?
(a) The Island of Conclusions.
(b) The Island of Congratulations.
(c) The Land of Confusion.
(d) The Land of Congratulations.
3. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(b) King Azaz.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) A demon.
4. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
(a) The Molehill Mountain.
(b) The Sea of Stupidity.
(c) The Hill of Hostility.
(d) The Mountains of Ignorance.
5. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(a) A squeak.
(c) A buzz.
(d) A tick.
6. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That Humbug should fly them out.
(b) That they should all jump.
(c) That Milo should fly them out.
(d) That Tock should fly them out.
7. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A demon.
(c) A circus.
(d) A zoo.
8. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
(a) Horrible Hopping Hindsight.
(b) The Overbearing Know-it-all.
(c) The Fabulous Fritterer.
(d) The Gorgons of Hate and Malice.
9. What is it that King Azaz and the Mathemagician tell Milo about his quest after he returns?
(a) That they knew he could do it.
(b) That he hasn't yet completed his quest.
(c) That it was impossible.
(d) That they never doubted him.
10. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
11. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(b) A river.
(c) A road.
(d) A line.
12. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The Senses Taker.
(b) The Castle Guard.
(c) The Sound Taker.
(d) The Senile Gentleman.
13. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(a) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(b) It begins to glide toward the earth.
(c) It begins to float away.
14. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(b) The Island of Numbers.
(c) The land of Infinity.
(d) Under the box.
15. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
2. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
3. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
4. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
5. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)