|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mathemagician say is done with the jewels found in the mine?
(a) They're polished and sold.
(b) They're thrown away.
(c) There are no jewels.
(d) They're used for fractions.
2. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The screams of Humbug.
(b) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
(c) The sound of chopping.
(d) The shaking of the room.
3. What is it that King Azaz and the Mathemagician tell Milo about his quest after he returns?
(a) That they knew he could do it.
(b) That it was impossible.
(c) That he hasn't yet completed his quest.
(d) That they never doubted him.
4. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That Tock should fly them out.
(b) That Humbug should fly them out.
(c) That they should all jump.
(d) That Milo should fly them out.
5. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A circus.
(b) A ledger.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A demon.
6. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(a) Wait for what?.
(b) Thirty-four pounds.
(c) I can't wait.
7. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
(b) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(c) Milo guesses.
(d) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
8. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
(b) Rhyme and reason.
(c) A radio.
9. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The Senile Gentleman.
(b) The Senses Taker.
(c) The Sound Taker.
(d) The Castle Guard.
10. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A bass drum.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A piccolo.
11. What does the "A" stand for in Dr. Kakofonous A. Discord's name?
(b) As rude as possible.
(c) As loud as possible.
(d) As often as possible.
12. How much time has elapsed when Milo arrives home at the end of the book?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) An hour.
13. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 5:01 a.m.
(c) 5:23 a.m.
(d) 9:12 a.m.
14. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
(a) A clam.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
15. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That he'll never get there.
(b) That everything is huge.
(c) That everything is green.
(d) That nothing is complete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
2. What is the shape of the Mathemagician's workshop room?
3. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
4. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
5. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)