|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They knock on his door.
(b) They stumble into his cave.
(c) They talk too loudly.
(d) They step on his hand.
2. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That Tock should fly them out.
(b) That Milo should fly them out.
(c) That Humbug should fly them out.
(d) That they should all jump.
3. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(a) Cotton balls.
(d) Sheets of paper.
4. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(b) Under the box.
(c) The Island of Numbers.
(d) The land of Infinity.
5. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
(a) The Overbearing Know-it-all.
(b) The Gorgons of Hate and Malice.
(c) Horrible Hopping Hindsight.
(d) The Fabulous Fritterer.
6. What does the "A" stand for in Dr. Kakofonous A. Discord's name?
(a) As rude as possible.
(b) As often as possible.
(c) As loud as possible.
7. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
(a) 9:12 a.m.
(b) 5:23 a.m.
(c) 5:01 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
8. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
9. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The shaking of the room.
(b) The sound of chopping.
(c) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
(d) The screams of Humbug.
10. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To Conclusion Island.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To the minefield.
(d) To the numbers mine.
11. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A number one which can be added to anything.
(c) A huge number three.
12. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
(c) Fire a cannon.
(d) Bring a sound from the Soundkeeper.
13. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being with friends.
(c) Being write.
(d) Being wrong.
14. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(a) A road.
(b) A line.
(d) A river.
15. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
2. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
3. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
4. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
5. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)