|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(a) King Azaz.
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(c) A demon.
2. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being write.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Being wrong.
(d) Being with friends.
3. What is the shape of the cloud outside Milo's window the afternoon the tollbooth disappears?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A demon.
(c) A tree.
(d) A caterpillar.
4. What does the Mathemagician say is done with the jewels found in the mine?
(a) They're used for fractions.
(b) There are no jewels.
(c) They're polished and sold.
(d) They're thrown away.
5. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
(b) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
(c) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(d) Milo guesses.
6. What is the name of the faceless man?
(a) Tedious Trivial.
(b) Terrible Trivium.
(c) Terrible Tedium.
(d) Trivial Tedious.
7. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
(a) A drumbeat.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The word.
(d) The word.
8. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
9. What does the "A" stand for in Dr. Kakofonous A. Discord's name?
(a) As loud as possible.
(c) As often as possible.
(d) As rude as possible.
10. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Read books.
(c) Draw maps.
(d) Play music.
12. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
(a) Rhyme and Reason.
(b) King Azaz.
(c) Dr. Dissonance.
(d) The writing is too blurred to read.
13. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
(a) In the vault.
(b) In the radio.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In a tower.
14. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Buckets for weighing.
(b) Hammers for adding.
(c) Tools for measuring.
(d) Saws for dividing.
15. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The other side of the moon.
(b) The other side of Mars.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
2. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
3. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
4. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
5. What does the Mathemagician say the broken numbers are used for?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)