|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
(a) The Gorgons of Hate and Malice.
(b) The Fabulous Fritterer.
(c) The Overbearing Know-it-all.
(d) Horrible Hopping Hindsight.
2. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A piccolo.
3. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
(a) Pale pink.
(b) Bright blue.
(c) Brilliant purple.
(d) Baby yellow.
4. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being write.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Being wrong.
(d) Being with friends.
5. What is the name of the island where Milo, Tock and Humbug wind up in Chapter 13?
(a) The Island of Conclusions.
(b) The Island of Congratulations.
(c) The Land of Confusion.
(d) The Land of Congratulations.
6. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
(a) 9:12 a.m.
(b) 5:23 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 5:01 a.m.
7. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(a) A demon.
(b) King Azaz.
(d) Rhyme and Reason.
8. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(a) Wait for what?.
(b) Thirty-four pounds.
(c) I can't wait.
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Read books.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Play music.
(d) Draw maps.
10. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To the numbers mine.
(b) To Conclusion Island.
(c) To the minefield.
(d) To the ocean.
11. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
(b) A number one which can be added to anything.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A huge number three.
12. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
(a) A radio.
(c) Rhyme and reason.
13. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) The Island of Numbers.
(b) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(c) Under the box.
(d) The land of Infinity.
14. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
(a) In the radio.
(b) In a tower.
(c) In the vault.
(d) In the bedroom.
15. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(b) A tick.
(c) A buzz.
(d) A squeak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that stops the demons from chasing Milo, Tock, Humbug, Rhyme and Reason in Chapter 19?
2. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
3. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
4. What does Dr. Discord say Milo, Tock and Humbug are suffering from?
5. What does the dirty bird resemble?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)