|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mathemagician say the broken numbers are used for?
(b) Small problems.
2. What is the shape of the cloud outside Milo's window the afternoon the tollbooth disappears?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A tree.
(c) A caterpillar.
(d) A demon.
3. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(c) Sheets of paper.
(d) Cotton balls.
4. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
(a) The word.
(b) A drumbeat.
(c) A cloud.
(d) The word.
5. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The screams of Humbug.
(b) The sound of chopping.
(c) The shaking of the room.
(d) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
6. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
(a) In a tower.
(b) In the vault.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the radio.
7. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The other side of the moon.
(c) The other side of Mars.
(d) The moon.
8. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
9. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A piccolo.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A bass drum.
10. What is the name of the faceless man?
(a) Terrible Trivium.
(b) Trivial Tedious.
(c) Tedious Trivial.
(d) Terrible Tedium.
11. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
(b) A sword.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A bubble.
12. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That Humbug should fly them out.
(b) That Milo should fly them out.
(c) That they should all jump.
(d) That Tock should fly them out.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Play music.
(b) Read books.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Draw maps.
14. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
(a) The Molehill Mountain.
(b) The Sea of Stupidity.
(c) The Hill of Hostility.
(d) The Mountains of Ignorance.
15. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That everything is huge.
(b) That nothing is complete.
(c) That everything is green.
(d) That he'll never get there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
2. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
3. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
4. What does Dr. Discord say Milo, Tock and Humbug are suffering from?
5. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)