|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(b) A road.
(c) A line.
(d) A river.
2. What does the Mathemagician say the broken numbers are used for?
(c) Small problems.
3. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
4. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
(a) A number one which can be added to anything.
(b) A pencil.
(d) A huge number three.
5. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
6. What does the dirty bird resemble?
(a) A dirty dust rag.
(b) A dingy cleaning cloth.
(c) A small cloud of dust.
(d) A dirty floor mop.
7. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of a crash.
(b) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
(c) The sound of a radio.
(d) The sound of an explosion.
8. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(a) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(c) It begins to glide toward the earth.
(d) It begins to float away.
9. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(a) Sheets of paper.
(b) Cotton balls.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Draw maps.
(c) Read books.
(d) Play music.
11. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They stumble into his cave.
(b) They talk too loudly.
(c) They step on his hand.
(d) They knock on his door.
12. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
(a) Dr. Dissonance.
(b) The writing is too blurred to read.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) King Azaz.
13. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
14. What is it that stops the demons from chasing Milo, Tock, Humbug, Rhyme and Reason in Chapter 19?
(a) Everyone Milo had met along the way.
(b) King Azaz and the Mathemagician.
(c) The armies of Wisdom.
(d) Dr. Dissonance and Dynne.
15. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) Under the box.
(b) The land of Infinity.
(c) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(d) The Island of Numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
2. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
3. What does Milo plan to do the day after his adventure?
4. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
5. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)