|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Draw maps.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Read books.
(d) Play music.
2. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
3. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A trombone.
(b) A bass drum.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A piccolo.
4. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
(a) In the vault.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In a tower.
(d) In the radio.
5. How much time has elapsed when Milo arrives home at the end of the book?
(a) An hour.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
6. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
(a) Fire a cannon.
(c) Bring a sound from the Soundkeeper.
7. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
(a) The Mountains of Ignorance.
(b) The Sea of Stupidity.
(c) The Molehill Mountain.
(d) The Hill of Hostility.
8. In Chapter 19, why does Humbug say he can't leave with Milo?
(a) He wants to continue fighting the demons.
(b) He is going on a lecture tour.
(c) He knows he would be homesick.
(d) He has to remain with Tock.
9. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
(a) King Azaz.
(b) Dr. Dissonance.
(c) The writing is too blurred to read.
(d) Rhyme and Reason.
10. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
11. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
(a) Horrible Hopping Hindsight.
(b) The Overbearing Know-it-all.
(c) The Gorgons of Hate and Malice.
(d) The Fabulous Fritterer.
12. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That they should all jump.
(b) That Milo should fly them out.
(c) That Tock should fly them out.
(d) That Humbug should fly them out.
13. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They talk too loudly.
(b) They step on his hand.
(c) They knock on his door.
(d) They stumble into his cave.
14. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
15. What does the Mathemagician provide for Milo, Tock, Humbug and the others to eat?
(a) Subtraction stew.
(b) Division stew.
(c) Multiplication stew.
(d) Addition stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Milo calculate it will take to finish the tasks assigned by the faceless man?
2. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
3. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
4. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
5. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)