|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
(a) Bring a sound from the Soundkeeper.
(b) Fire a cannon.
2. What does the dirty bird resemble?
(a) A dirty dust rag.
(b) A dirty floor mop.
(c) A dingy cleaning cloth.
(d) A small cloud of dust.
3. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
4. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(a) A tick.
(b) A squeak.
(d) A buzz.
5. What demon gives Milo, Tock and Humbug the advice that they should run?
(a) The demon of security.
(b) The demon of insecurity.
(c) The demon of secrecy.
(d) The demon of improbability.
6. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To the minefield.
(b) To the numbers mine.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To Conclusion Island.
7. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) A clam.
8. How long does Milo calculate it will take to finish the tasks assigned by the faceless man?
(a) 837 minutes.
(b) 87 years.
(c) 37 minutes.
(d) 837 years.
9. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
(b) The sound of chopping.
(c) The shaking of the room.
(d) The screams of Humbug.
10. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(a) A telephone.
(c) A piccolo.
(d) A telescope.
11. What does the Mathemagician say the broken numbers are used for?
(d) Small problems.
12. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(b) A river.
(c) A road.
(d) A line.
13. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(a) Thirty-four pounds.
(b) I can't wait.
(d) Wait for what?.
14. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The other side of Mars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The other side of the moon.
15. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
(a) The Overbearing Know-it-all.
(b) The Fabulous Fritterer.
(c) The Gorgons of Hate and Malice.
(d) Horrible Hopping Hindsight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
2. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
3. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
4. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
5. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)