|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
2. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
(a) Rhyme and Reason.
(b) A clam.
3. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
(a) A bubble.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A sword.
4. What is it that King Azaz and the Mathemagician tell Milo about his quest after he returns?
(a) That they never doubted him.
(b) That they knew he could do it.
(c) That it was impossible.
(d) That he hasn't yet completed his quest.
5. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
(c) Dr. Dissonance.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Play music.
(c) Draw maps.
(d) Read books.
7. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
8. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) They are simply mean.
(b) To protect their homes.
(c) To protect Ignorance.
(d) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
9. What does the Mathemagician say is done with the jewels found in the mine?
(a) They're thrown away.
(b) They're polished and sold.
(c) There are no jewels.
(d) They're used for fractions.
10. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
11. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) The land of Infinity.
(b) Under the box.
(c) The Island of Numbers.
(d) In the Mathemagician's hat.
12. How long does Milo calculate it will take to finish the tasks assigned by the faceless man?
(a) 837 minutes.
(b) 837 years.
(c) 37 minutes.
(d) 87 years.
13. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
(b) The sound of a radio.
(c) The sound of an explosion.
(d) The sound of a crash.
14. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(b) A buzz.
(c) A squeak.
(d) A tick.
15. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
(a) A stick.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A cane.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
2. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
3. What does the Mathemagician say the broken numbers are used for?
4. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
5. What is the name of the faceless man?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)