|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That nothing is complete.
(b) That he'll never get there.
(c) That everything is green.
(d) That everything is huge.
2. What is the shape of the Mathemagician's workshop room?
(b) The shape continually changes.
3. What is it that King Azaz and the Mathemagician tell Milo about his quest after he returns?
(a) That he hasn't yet completed his quest.
(b) That they never doubted him.
(c) That they knew he could do it.
(d) That it was impossible.
4. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(a) Sheets of paper.
(d) Cotton balls.
5. What is the name of the island where Milo, Tock and Humbug wind up in Chapter 13?
(a) The Island of Congratulations.
(b) The Island of Conclusions.
(c) The Land of Congratulations.
(d) The Land of Confusion.
6. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A bass drum.
(b) A piccolo.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A clarinet.
7. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(a) A buzz.
(b) A tick.
(c) A squeak.
8. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) The Island of Numbers.
(b) Under the box.
(c) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(d) The land of Infinity.
9. What does Dr. Discord say Milo, Tock and Humbug are suffering from?
(b) Lack of music.
(c) Lack of color.
(d) Lack of noise.
10. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The other side of Mars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The other side of the moon.
11. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The sound of chopping.
(b) The shaking of the room.
(c) The screams of Humbug.
(d) The sound of the chopping and shaking of the room.
12. What does the Mathemagician say the broken numbers are used for?
(a) Small problems.
13. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A piccolo.
14. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
(a) A box.
(b) A stick.
(c) A cane.
(d) A pencil.
15. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
(b) Rhyme and reason.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
2. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
3. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
4. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
5. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)