|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(a) Sheets of paper.
(c) Cotton balls.
2. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
3. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) They are simply mean.
(b) To protect their homes.
(c) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(d) To protect Ignorance.
4. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A trombone.
(c) A piccolo.
(d) A bass drum.
5. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
(a) 9:12 a.m.
(b) 5:01 a.m.
(c) 5:23 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
6. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(b) Under the box.
(c) The land of Infinity.
(d) The Island of Numbers.
7. What is the name of the faceless man?
(a) Terrible Tedium.
(b) Trivial Tedious.
(c) Terrible Trivium.
(d) Tedious Trivial.
8. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
(a) A bird.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A number five.
(d) A candle.
9. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That he'll never get there.
(b) That everything is huge.
(c) That nothing is complete.
(d) That everything is green.
10. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
(a) A box.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A cane.
(d) A stick.
11. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Saws for dividing.
(b) Buckets for weighing.
(c) Tools for measuring.
(d) Hammers for adding.
12. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
(b) The sound of a crash.
(c) The sound of a radio.
(d) The sound of an explosion.
13. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To the numbers mine.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To Conclusion Island.
(d) To the minefield.
14. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
(d) Dr. Dissonance.
15. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(b) A telephone.
(c) A piccolo.
(d) A telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dirty bird resemble?
2. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
3. What does Milo plan to do the day after his adventure?
4. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
5. What is it that King Azaz and the Mathemagician tell Milo about his quest after he returns?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)