|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has elapsed when Milo arrives home at the end of the book?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) An hour.
(d) A day.
2. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
(a) In a tower.
(b) In the radio.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the vault.
3. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(a) King Azaz.
(b) A demon.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
4. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A circus.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A demon.
5. What does the Mathemagician show Milo when he asks to see the biggest number there is?
(a) A huge number three.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A number one which can be added to anything.
6. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That nothing is complete.
(b) That he'll never get there.
(c) That everything is green.
(d) That everything is huge.
7. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
(a) A stick.
(b) A box.
(c) A cane.
(d) A pencil.
8. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
(a) A clam.
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
9. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A trombone.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A bass drum.
(d) A piccolo.
10. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
(a) The word.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The word.
(d) A drumbeat.
11. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) Under the box.
(b) The Island of Numbers.
(c) The land of Infinity.
(d) In the Mathemagician's hat.
12. What is the name of the island where Milo, Tock and Humbug wind up in Chapter 13?
(a) The Land of Confusion.
(b) The Island of Conclusions.
(c) The Island of Congratulations.
(d) The Land of Congratulations.
13. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
14. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) To protect their homes.
(b) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(c) To protect Ignorance.
(d) They are simply mean.
15. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(b) Cotton balls.
(c) Sheets of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
2. What is the name of the faceless man?
3. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
4. What is the shape of the cloud outside Milo's window the afternoon the tollbooth disappears?
5. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)