|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(b) It begins to glide toward the earth.
(c) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(d) It begins to float away.
2. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(b) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
(c) Milo guesses.
(d) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
3. What does the dirty bird resemble?
(a) A dingy cleaning cloth.
(b) A dirty dust rag.
(c) A small cloud of dust.
(d) A dirty floor mop.
4. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The Senile Gentleman.
(b) The Sound Taker.
(c) The Senses Taker.
(d) The Castle Guard.
5. What number does King Mathemagician show Milo?
6. What is the name of the faceless man?
(a) Terrible Tedium.
(b) Terrible Trivium.
(c) Tedious Trivial.
(d) Trivial Tedious.
7. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) The land of Infinity.
(b) Under the box.
(c) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(d) The Island of Numbers.
8. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They talk too loudly.
(b) They step on his hand.
(c) They stumble into his cave.
(d) They knock on his door.
9. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
(a) Bright blue.
(b) Pale pink.
(c) Brilliant purple.
(d) Baby yellow.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Play music.
(c) Read books.
(d) Draw maps.
11. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(b) King Azaz.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) A demon.
12. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) To protect their homes.
(b) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(c) They are simply mean.
(d) To protect Ignorance.
13. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
(a) The Sea of Stupidity.
(b) The Hill of Hostility.
(c) The Mountains of Ignorance.
(d) The Molehill Mountain.
14. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
(a) A bubble.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A sword.
15. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A demon.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A ledger.
(d) A circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
2. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
3. At what time was Milo supposed to wake Chroma the Great?
4. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
5. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)