|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To the numbers mine.
(b) To Conclusion Island.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To the minefield.
2. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
(c) A clam.
(d) Rhyme and Reason.
3. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(b) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
(c) Milo guesses.
(d) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
4. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Hammers for adding.
(b) Saws for dividing.
(c) Buckets for weighing.
(d) Tools for measuring.
5. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The moon.
(b) The other side of Mars.
(d) The other side of the moon.
6. What does the Mathemagician provide for Milo, Tock, Humbug and the others to eat?
(a) Multiplication stew.
(b) Subtraction stew.
(c) Addition stew.
(d) Division stew.
7. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That Milo should fly them out.
(b) That Humbug should fly them out.
(c) That they should all jump.
(d) That Tock should fly them out.
8. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(b) A road.
(c) A river.
(d) A line.
9. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They talk too loudly.
(b) They step on his hand.
(c) They stumble into his cave.
(d) They knock on his door.
10. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A piccolo.
(b) A bass drum.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A trombone.
11. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(a) A buzz.
(b) A squeak.
(c) A tick.
12. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(a) A telephone.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A piccolo.
13. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(b) Under the box.
(c) The Island of Numbers.
(d) The land of Infinity.
14. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A circus.
(b) A demon.
(c) A ledger.
(d) A zoo.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Read books.
(b) Play music.
(c) Draw maps.
(d) Sing songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
2. What is it that stops the demons from chasing Milo, Tock, Humbug, Rhyme and Reason in Chapter 19?
3. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
4. What does the "A" stand for in Dr. Kakofonous A. Discord's name?
5. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)