|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island where Milo, Tock and Humbug wind up in Chapter 13?
(a) The Island of Conclusions.
(b) The Land of Confusion.
(c) The Island of Congratulations.
(d) The Land of Congratulations.
2. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(c) A demon.
(d) King Azaz.
3. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
(d) Dr. Dissonance.
4. What does Milo plan to do the day after his adventure?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Stay at home and rest.
(c) Go on another trip.
(d) Work a puzzle.
5. Who is the man seated at the bottom of the stairs to the Castle in the Air?
(a) The Castle Guard.
(b) The Senses Taker.
(c) The Senile Gentleman.
(d) The Sound Taker.
6. What is the shape of the cloud outside Milo's window the afternoon the tollbooth disappears?
(a) A tree.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A demon.
(d) A caterpillar.
7. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The other side of the moon.
(b) The moon.
(c) The other side of Mars.
8. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(b) To protect Ignorance.
(c) To protect their homes.
(d) They are simply mean.
9. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To Conclusion Island.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To the minefield.
(d) To the numbers mine.
10. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They talk too loudly.
(b) They step on his hand.
(c) They knock on his door.
(d) They stumble into his cave.
11. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
12. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(b) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
(c) Milo guesses.
(d) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
13. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being write.
(c) Being wrong.
(d) Being with friends.
14. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
(a) The Gorgons of Hate and Malice.
(b) The Overbearing Know-it-all.
(c) Horrible Hopping Hindsight.
(d) The Fabulous Fritterer.
15. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(a) I can't wait.
(b) Wait for what?.
(c) Thirty-four pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
2. What does the Mathemagician say is done with the jewels found in the mine?
3. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
4. What is the shape of the Mathemagician's workshop room?
5. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)