|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
(a) Bring a sound from the Soundkeeper.
(b) Fire a cannon.
2. What does the Mathemagician provide for Milo, Tock, Humbug and the others to eat?
(a) Addition stew.
(b) Multiplication stew.
(c) Division stew.
(d) Subtraction stew.
3. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(b) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(c) It begins to float away.
(d) It begins to glide toward the earth.
4. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A bird.
(c) A number five.
(d) A candle.
5. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Hammers for adding.
(b) Buckets for weighing.
(c) Tools for measuring.
(d) Saws for dividing.
6. Which of Milo's group doesn't get wet as they return to their car from the island?
7. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
8. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They step on his hand.
(b) They knock on his door.
(c) They talk too loudly.
(d) They stumble into his cave.
9. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(b) Wait for what?.
(c) Thirty-four pounds.
(d) I can't wait.
10. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
(b) Rhyme and reason.
(c) A radio.
11. What saves Milo, Tock and Humbug from the man at the bottom of the stairs in the Castle of the Air?
(a) Rhyme and Reason.
(c) King Azaz.
(d) A demon.
12. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That Tock should fly them out.
(b) That they should all jump.
(c) That Milo should fly them out.
(d) That Humbug should fly them out.
13. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
(a) Dr. Dissonance.
(b) The writing is too blurred to read.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) King Azaz.
14. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(a) A telescope.
(c) A piccolo.
(d) A telephone.
15. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
(a) The word.
(b) A drumbeat.
(c) The word.
(d) A cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
2. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
3. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
4. How long does Milo calculate it will take to finish the tasks assigned by the faceless man?
5. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)