|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demon gives Milo, Tock and Humbug the advice that they should run?
(a) The demon of secrecy.
(b) The demon of security.
(c) The demon of insecurity.
(d) The demon of improbability.
2. Who brings back a sackful of the sounds that Milo releases?
(d) Dr. Dissonance.
3. How does Milo come to know what's happened to make the Silent Valley?
(a) Someone uses sign language to explain it.
(b) Someone writes it on the blackboard.
(c) Someone whispers it to Milo.
(d) Milo guesses.
4. What does Milo plan to do the day after his adventure?
(a) Work a puzzle.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Go on another trip.
(d) Stay at home and rest.
5. Where does the Soundkeeper store the sounds?
(a) In a tower.
(b) In the radio.
(c) In the vault.
(d) In the bedroom.
6. How does Milo and his group accidentally wake the Gelatinous Giant?
(a) They step on his hand.
(b) They knock on his door.
(c) They talk too loudly.
(d) They stumble into his cave.
7. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That everything is green.
(b) That he'll never get there.
(c) That nothing is complete.
(d) That everything is huge.
8. What does the dirty bird resemble?
(a) A small cloud of dust.
(b) A dingy cleaning cloth.
(c) A dirty floor mop.
(d) A dirty dust rag.
9. What is the shape of the Mathemagician's workshop room?
(d) The shape continually changes.
10. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
(a) Bright blue.
(b) Brilliant purple.
(c) Baby yellow.
(d) Pale pink.
11. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
(a) A demon.
(b) A ledger.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A circus.
12. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
(b) A piccolo.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A telescope.
13. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That they should all jump.
(b) That Milo should fly them out.
(c) That Humbug should fly them out.
(d) That Tock should fly them out.
14. In Chapter 19, why does Humbug say he can't leave with Milo?
(a) He knows he would be homesick.
(b) He is going on a lecture tour.
(c) He wants to continue fighting the demons.
(d) He has to remain with Tock.
15. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
(b) A telescope.
(c) A bubble.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
2. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
3. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
4. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
5. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)