|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dirty bird resemble?
(a) A small cloud of dust.
(b) A dirty floor mop.
(c) A dingy cleaning cloth.
(d) A dirty dust rag.
2. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(a) A squeak.
(b) A buzz.
(c) A tick.
3. What is the shape of the Mathemagician's workshop room?
(d) The shape continually changes.
4. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(a) The other side of Mars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The other side of the moon.
5. What is the first instrument to play under Milo's direction as leader of the orchestra?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A bass drum.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A piccolo.
6. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That nothing is complete.
(b) That everything is green.
(c) That he'll never get there.
(d) That everything is huge.
7. What does Milo use to see how the insecurity demon really appears?
(a) A bubble.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A sword.
8. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Saws for dividing.
(b) Hammers for adding.
(c) Tools for measuring.
(d) Buckets for weighing.
9. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
10. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) The land of Infinity.
(b) Under the box.
(c) The Island of Numbers.
(d) In the Mathemagician's hat.
11. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
(b) The sound of a radio.
(c) The sound of a crash.
(d) The sound of an explosion.
12. What is the one thing the Mathemagician says is easy, though hardly worthwhile?
(a) Being write.
(b) Being with friends.
(c) Being wrong.
(d) Being alone.
13. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
(a) Bring a sound from the Soundkeeper.
(d) Fire a cannon.
14. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(a) Cotton balls.
(d) Sheets of paper.
15. What does the magic staff given to Milo by the Mathemagician look like?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A box.
(c) A cane.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
2. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
3. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
4. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
5. What gift does the floating boy present to Milo as he prepares to leave the forest?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)