|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(a) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(c) It begins to float away.
(d) It begins to glide toward the earth.
2. Why do the demons want to destroy Milo, Tock and Humbug as well as all intruders?
(a) To protect Ignorance.
(b) To protect Rhyme and Reason.
(c) They are simply mean.
(d) To protect their homes.
3. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
(a) A number five.
(b) A bird.
(c) A candle.
(d) A flashlight.
4. Who meets Milo, Tock and Humbug on the island as they continue on their way to Digitopolis?
(a) A clam.
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
5. What does Milo realize about Infinity?
(a) That everything is huge.
(b) That nothing is complete.
(c) That he'll never get there.
(d) That everything is green.
6. Who signed the note left for Milo the day after his return?
(a) Dr. Dissonance.
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(c) King Azaz.
(d) The writing is too blurred to read.
7. What demon gives Milo, Tock and Humbug the advice that they should run?
(a) The demon of secrecy.
(b) The demon of security.
(c) The demon of insecurity.
(d) The demon of improbability.
8. Where does Milo learn the biggest, tallest, shortest, smallest, most and least of everything is kept?
(a) In the Mathemagician's hat.
(b) Under the box.
(c) The land of Infinity.
(d) The Island of Numbers.
9. How do Rhyme and Reason suggest they get out of the Castle in the Air?
(a) That they should all jump.
(b) That Humbug should fly them out.
(c) That Milo should fly them out.
(d) That Tock should fly them out.
10. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(a) A road.
(b) A line.
(d) A river.
11. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(b) A squeak.
(c) A tick.
(d) A buzz.
12. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of a crash.
(b) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
(c) The sound of a radio.
(d) The sound of an explosion.
13. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
(a) Bright blue.
(b) Pale pink.
(c) Brilliant purple.
(d) Baby yellow.
14. How many faces does the Dodecahedron have?
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Draw maps.
(c) Play music.
(d) Read books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has elapsed when Milo arrives home at the end of the book?
2. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
3. What clue does Milo have that the demons are trying to chop down the stairway to the Castle in the Air?
4. How many days does the celebration of Milo's success go on?
5. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)