|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dirty bird resemble?
(a) A dirty floor mop.
(b) A dingy cleaning cloth.
(c) A dirty dust rag.
(d) A small cloud of dust.
2. How much time has elapsed when Milo arrives home at the end of the book?
(a) An hour.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
3. Where do Tock, Milo and Humbug go after leaving Digitopolis?
(a) The Molehill Mountain.
(b) The Sea of Stupidity.
(c) The Hill of Hostility.
(d) The Mountains of Ignorance.
4. What is in the package the Soundkeeper gives Milo as he prepares to leave?
(a) A radio.
(c) Rhyme and reason.
5. What kinds of tools are in the Mathemagician's workshop?
(a) Tools for measuring.
(b) Buckets for weighing.
(c) Hammers for adding.
(d) Saws for dividing.
6. What is the response of the Everpresent Wordsnatcher when Milo yells, "Wait"?
(b) I can't wait.
(c) Thirty-four pounds.
(d) Wait for what?.
7. Where does the Dodecahedron take Milo, Tock and Humbug first?
(a) To Conclusion Island.
(b) To the minefield.
(c) To the numbers mine.
(d) To the ocean.
8. What sound does Dynne make when he cries?
(a) The sound of an explosion.
(b) The sound of a radio.
(c) The sound of a crash.
(d) The sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.
9. What shortcut is Milo shown to the land of Infinity?
(a) A line.
(b) A road.
(d) A river.
10. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
(a) A drumbeat.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The word.
(d) The word.
11. What is on the helmet Milo, Tock and Humbug wear into the numbers mine?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A candle.
(c) A number five.
(d) A bird.
12. What happens to the Castle in the Air after the stairway is destroyed?
(a) It begins to glide toward the earth.
(b) It begins to fall toward the earth.
(c) It begins to float away.
13. What color is the envelop with the note for Milo?
(a) Baby yellow.
(b) Pale pink.
(c) Brilliant purple.
(d) Bright blue.
14. What does Alec Bings show people through a special telescope set up for the celebration?
(b) The moon.
(c) The other side of the moon.
(d) The other side of Mars.
15. What is the shape of the Mathemagician's workshop room?
(b) The shape continually changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the faceless man?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Milo realizes would be fun to do right in his own room?
3. Which of the following was NOT among the demons chasing Milo and the others as they left the land of Ignorance?
4. What does the man at the bottom of the stairs at the Castle in the Air offer to show Milo?
5. What do Milo, Tock and Humbug discover in Chapter 13 they will have to do to return to their journey?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)