|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
(b) Every day.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every month.
2. What does the floating boy say happens to a person who grows with their feet in the air?
(b) He grows to ten times the size of a normal parson and walks among the stars.
(c) He grows to ten times the size of a normal person and lives in the treetops.
(d) He never learns to walk but gets very fat.
3. What does the floating boy say he thinks of the bucket of water?
(a) That it's just a bucket of water.
(b) That it's an ocean.
(c) That it's a place to get a drink.
(d) That it's home.
4. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A box.
(c) A sword.
(d) All the words he knows.
5. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
(a) He posts it on his car.
(b) He carries it in his pocket.
(c) He carries it on a sign.
(d) He wears it around his neck.
6. What is the symphony "playing" when Milo accompanies the floating boy to the concert?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) The symphony.
(c) The sunset.
(d) The Sixth Sonnet.
7. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A watch.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A flag.
(d) A reason.
8. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
9. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
(a) Twenty seconds.
(b) One minute.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Ten seconds.
10. What reason is Milo given to enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) Why not?
(b) Don't care?
(c) Whether or not?
(d) Which way?
11. What creature arrives while Milo is talking to the Lethargians?
(a) The watchdog.
(b) The Doldrums.
(c) The clock cat.
(d) The Whether Man.
12. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(b) Run errands.
13. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
(a) King Azaz the Unabridged.
(b) Tock's brother.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) The king's cabinet members.
14. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(a) Faintly Macabre.
(d) Azaz the Unabridged.
15. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Faintly Which.
(b) Witch of Honor.
(c) Which Witch.
(d) Official Which.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
2. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
3. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
4. What is the significance of July 27?
5. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)