|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
(b) Silence Is Golden.
(c) Quiet Please.
(d) Don't Talk.
2. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(b) Christmas time.
(c) Chroma the Great.
(d) Christopher the Great.
3. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
4. What makes the humming sound Milo hears at the marketplace?
(a) The Spelling Bee.
(b) The Humbug.
(d) The letter.
5. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
6. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) Don't shout.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) I am not.
(d) I am.
7. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Put gas in the car.
(c) Press the gas pedal.
8. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
(a) The Doldrumites.
(b) The Whether People.
(c) The Lethargians.
(d) The Little People.
9. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
(b) Tick Tock.
(d) Tock Tick.
10. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) A book.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A square.
(d) A dome.
11. What is on King Azaz's robe?
(b) The alphabet.
(c) Peanut Butter.
12. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
(a) Their shoes.
(b) Their cell phones.
(c) Their hats.
(d) The scenery.
13. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six million years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Sixteen years.
14. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Eating Time.
(b) The Word Market Sale.
(c) The Word Banquet.
(d) The Royal Banquet.
15. Why does the floating boy say it makes sense to grow down rather than up?
(a) You always get noticed.
(b) Your ears never have to grow.
(c) You never have to look up to a grown up.
(d) Your point of view never changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
2. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
3. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
4. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
5. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)