|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the watchdog's name?
(b) Tick Tock.
(c) Tock Tick.
2. What creature arrives while Milo is talking to the Lethargians?
(a) The Doldrums.
(b) The Whether Man.
(c) The watchdog.
(d) The clock cat.
3. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
(a) Welcome to Expectations.
(b) Welcome to El Paso.
(c) Do Not Enter.
(d) Welcome to Dictionopolis.
4. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
(a) There are no coins.
(b) To pay tolls.
(c) To pay fines.
(d) To buy souvenirs.
5. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
(a) Six million years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Sixty years.
6. What two words does the marketplace salesman try to sell to Milo?
(a) Good and bye.
(b) Happy and buy.
(c) Happy and good.
(d) Happy and birthday.
7. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(a) King Azaz.
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
8. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Eating Time.
(b) The Royal Banquet.
(c) The Word Market Sale.
(d) The Word Banquet.
9. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) A square.
(b) A dome.
(c) A book.
(d) A wagon.
10. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
(a) He bites them both.
(b) He hides.
(c) His alarm rings.
(d) He runs away.
11. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
(a) There really isn't a city at all.
(b) There are no people.
(c) The city is built on the clouds.
(d) There are no cars.
12. What is on King Azaz's robe?
(b) The alphabet.
(c) Peanut Butter.
13. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
(a) Quagmire, flabbergast and upon.
(b) Quagmire, flabbergast and upholstery.
(c) Quagmire, flabbergast and utterly.
(d) Quagmire, flabbergast and unbelievable.
14. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A book.
(c) A box.
(d) A sword.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
(a) Don't run with scissors.
(b) The moon is made of green cheese.
(c) Night air is bad.
(d) It never rains, it pours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
2. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
3. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
4. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
5. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)