|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
2. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty seconds.
(c) Ten seconds.
(d) One minute.
3. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A reason.
(b) A watch.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A flag.
4. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(a) Chroma the Great.
(c) Christmas time.
(d) Christopher the Great.
5. What guarantee is included with the tollbooth?
(a) That money spent will be refunded.
(b) There are no guarantees.
(c) That damage to the carpet will be repaired.
(d) That wasted time will be refunded.
6. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
(b) The Doldrums.
(d) The Whether Man's House.
7. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(a) Azaz the Unabridged.
(d) Faintly Macabre.
8. What does the floating boy say wouldn't exist unless the symphony played?
9. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
(a) Milo must find the answer to a riddle.
(b) Azaz the Unabridged and Mathemagician must be reunited.
(c) Rhyme and Reason must be set free.
(d) Rhyme and Reason must be imprisoned.
10. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
(a) There are no coins.
(b) To pay fines.
(c) To buy souvenirs.
(d) To pay tolls.
11. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(b) Pages from books.
12. What is on King Azaz's robe?
(a) Peanut Butter.
(c) The alphabet.
13. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
14. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
(a) Quagmire, flabbergast and upholstery.
(b) Quagmire, flabbergast and utterly.
(c) Quagmire, flabbergast and upon.
(d) Quagmire, flabbergast and unbelievable.
15. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
(a) Six million years.
(b) Sixty years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Sixteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
2. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
3. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
4. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
5. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)