|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
(a) Welcome to Dictionopolis.
(b) Welcome to Expectations.
(c) Do Not Enter.
(d) Welcome to El Paso.
2. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
(a) That she's really a witch.
(b) That her name is Faintly Macabre.
(c) That she's really not-so-wicked.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
(a) Rocking and reading.
(b) Rocking and talking.
(c) Rocking and sewing.
(d) Rocking and knitting.
4. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
(a) What's behind a brick wall.
(b) What's right in front of his nose.
(c) What's behind a bucket of water.
(d) What's right behind his ear.
5. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Word Market Sale.
(b) The Word Banquet.
(c) The Royal Eating Time.
(d) The Royal Banquet.
6. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(c) Tell stories.
(d) Count to a thousand.
7. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(d) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
8. What is on King Azaz's robe?
(a) Peanut Butter.
(b) The alphabet.
9. What does the floating boy say he thinks of the bucket of water?
(a) That it's just a bucket of water.
(b) That it's home.
(c) That it's an ocean.
(d) That it's a place to get a drink.
10. Why does the floating boy say it makes sense to grow down rather than up?
(a) Your point of view never changes.
(b) You always get noticed.
(c) Your ears never have to grow.
(d) You never have to look up to a grown up.
11. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(a) Faintly Macabre.
(d) Azaz the Unabridged.
12. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
(a) For Milo who needs a diversion.
(b) For Milo who never has anything to do.
(c) For Milo, From Mom and Dad.
(d) For Milo who has plenty of time.
13. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Witch of Honor.
(b) Official Which.
(c) Faintly Which.
(d) Which Witch.
14. When Milo says he can't sing, tell songs, juggle or tumble, what does the King say?
(a) That he has to learn to sing.
(b) That he has to leave.
(c) That he is an ordinary little boy.
(d) That he has to wash dishes.
15. What does Tock want to do while Milo is looking at words in the marketplace?
(a) Find a pronoun.
(b) Find a bone.
(c) Go to the banquet.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
2. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
3. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
4. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
5. What is the next creature Milo meets, after the Spelling Bee?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)