|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, numbers or words?
(b) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(c) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(d) Which is better, darkness or light.?
2. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
(a) A sword.
(b) A guide.
(c) A book.
(d) A box.
3. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(c) Tell stories.
(d) Count to a thousand.
4. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
(a) Don't Touch.
(b) Make a Word.
(c) Pick a Letter.
(d) Do It Yourself.
5. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Which Witch.
(b) Official Which.
(c) Witch of Honor.
(d) Faintly Which.
6. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Near the phonograph.
(c) In the elevator.
(d) In the hallway.
7. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
(a) The Whether Man's House.
(d) The Doldrums.
8. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
(a) Twenty seconds.
(b) Ten seconds.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) One minute.
9. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(d) A heart attack.
10. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
(a) His napkin.
(b) His sock.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His necktie.
11. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
(a) That he would have to eat his words.
(b) That he would have to juggle.
(c) That he would have to choose for everyone.
(d) That he would have to clear the dishes.
12. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
(a) He can see only things below him.
(b) He can see through things.
(c) He can see a person's thoughts.
(d) He can read minds.
13. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
(b) Silence Is Golden.
(c) Quiet Please.
(d) Don't Talk.
14. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
(a) A painting.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A marble.
(d) A flag.
15. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
2. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
3. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
4. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
5. What does Milo suggest as a way for King Azaz to address the problem of guests rushing out after the banquet?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)