|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
(a) A marble.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A flag.
(d) A painting.
2. What is the name of the officer who comes to the scene of the incident in the Word Market?
(a) Officer Smith.
(b) Officer Humbug.
(c) Officer Short.
(d) Officer Shrift.
3. What day is it in Dictionopolis in Chapter 3?
(a) Market day.
(b) School day.
(d) Resting day.
4. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
(b) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(c) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(d) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
5. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
(a) Are we there yet?
(b) Are we lost?
(c) Do you have the map?
(d) Are you ready to turn back?
6. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(b) Tell stories.
(d) Count to a thousand.
7. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
(a) Everyone has to think.
(b) Everyone has to be silent.
(c) Everyone has to talk.
(d) Everyone has to pour gas into the tank.
8. Why does the floating boy say it makes sense to grow down rather than up?
(a) Your ears never have to grow.
(b) Your point of view never changes.
(c) You never have to look up to a grown up.
(d) You always get noticed.
9. Where does Milo sleep that night in Chapter 10, after attending the symphony?
(a) In a chair.
(b) On the grass.
(c) On the pages of tomorrow's music.
(d) In a tree.
10. In Chapter 8, where does King Azaz say they've all gone?
(a) To the Doldrums.
(b) To the market place.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To Wisdom.
11. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
12. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A reason.
(c) A watch.
(d) A flag.
13. What does the creature that Milo meets after the Spelling Bee use to try to hit the Spelling Bee?
(a) His fist.
(b) His hat.
(c) His cane.
(d) The letter.
14. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
(a) He carries it on a sign.
(b) He carries it in his pocket.
(c) He wears it around his neck.
(d) He posts it on his car.
15. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
(a) He's short.
(b) He's tall.
(c) He's purple.
(d) He's skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
2. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
3. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
4. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
5. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)