|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) I am not.
(c) I am.
(d) Don't shout.
2. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
(a) A box.
(b) A sword.
(c) A book.
(d) A pencil.
3. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) Towers and captive princesses.
(b) A gate.
(c) Towers and flags.
(d) A dome.
4. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll be beheaded.
(b) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(c) That they'll be banished.
(d) That they'll have to juggle.
5. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(b) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(c) Which is better, darkness or light.?
(d) Which is better, numbers or words?
6. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
(a) Don't Talk.
(c) Quiet Please.
(d) Silence Is Golden.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
(a) Night air is bad.
(b) Don't run with scissors.
(c) It never rains, it pours.
(d) The moon is made of green cheese.
8. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
(a) The return of Rhyme and Reason.
(b) Taking them to a concert.
(c) Talking to them.
(d) Explaining the cities to them.
9. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
(a) The Little People.
(b) The Whether People.
(c) The Lethargians.
(d) The Doldrumites.
10. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) His necktie.
(c) His napkin.
(d) His sock.
11. How does the watchdog wind himself?
(a) With his front leg.
(b) With his hind leg.
(c) He doesn't wind himself.
(d) He asks Milo for help.
12. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
(b) Azaz the Unabridged.
(c) Faintly Macabre.
13. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
(a) Pass a law.
(b) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
(c) Offer a reward.
(d) Send for help.
14. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
(a) To pay tolls.
(b) There are no coins.
(c) To pay fines.
(d) To buy souvenirs.
15. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
(a) Their cell phones.
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their hats.
(d) The scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
2. Who does the Officer at the Word Market say Milo can talk to while in prison?
3. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
4. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
5. What does the floating boy say an elephant would think of a bucket of water?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)