|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) Towers and flags.
(b) A gate.
(c) A dome.
(d) Towers and captive princesses.
2. What does Milo suggest as a way for King Azaz to address the problem of guests rushing out after the banquet?
(a) Send for help.
(b) Offer a reward.
(c) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
(d) Pass a law.
3. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
(a) Quagmire, flabbergast and upon.
(b) Quagmire, flabbergast and upholstery.
(c) Quagmire, flabbergast and unbelievable.
(d) Quagmire, flabbergast and utterly.
4. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(a) Put gas in the car.
(b) Press the gas pedal.
(c) Take a nap.
5. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
(a) The Whether People.
(b) The Lethargians.
(c) The Little People.
(d) The Doldrumites.
6. What does the creature that Milo meets after the Spelling Bee use to try to hit the Spelling Bee?
(a) The letter.
(b) His fist.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hat.
7. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
(a) He hides.
(b) He runs away.
(c) His alarm rings.
(d) He bites them both.
8. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(b) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(c) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(d) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
9. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
10. What two words does the marketplace salesman try to sell to Milo?
(a) Happy and buy.
(b) Good and bye.
(c) Happy and good.
(d) Happy and birthday.
11. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
(a) Milo must find the answer to a riddle.
(b) Azaz the Unabridged and Mathemagician must be reunited.
(c) Rhyme and Reason must be set free.
(d) Rhyme and Reason must be imprisoned.
12. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
(a) Welcome to Dictionopolis.
(b) Welcome to Expectations.
(c) Do Not Enter.
(d) Welcome to El Paso.
13. What is the name of the officer who comes to the scene of the incident in the Word Market?
(a) Officer Smith.
(b) Officer Short.
(c) Officer Shrift.
(d) Officer Humbug.
14. It's said the people of Dictionopolis don't really care about the arrival of a visitor. What are they pleased to see?
(a) Someone watch TV.
(b) Someone eat.
(c) Someone take care of Humbug.
(d) Someone go.
15. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
2. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
3. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
5. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)