|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
(a) In the elevator.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) Near the phonograph.
(d) Under his bed.
2. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
(a) The Whether Man's House.
(c) The Doldrums.
3. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(c) King Azaz.
4. What makes the humming sound Milo hears at the marketplace?
(a) The letter.
(b) The Spelling Bee.
(c) The Humbug.
5. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(a) Chroma the Great.
(b) Christopher the Great.
(d) Christmas time.
6. What two things does Milo quickly discover are illegal in the Doldrums?
(a) Smiling and running.
(b) Thinking and laughing.
(c) Thinking and cursing.
(d) Running and laughing.
7. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
(a) He hides.
(b) He bites them both.
(c) He runs away.
(d) His alarm rings.
8. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
(a) That her name is Faintly Macabre.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That she's really not-so-wicked.
(d) That she's really a witch.
9. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
(a) The map and rule book.
(b) The map and sunshades.
(d) The coin box and purple paint.
10. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
(a) He doesn't know how to read.
(b) They have no pictures.
(c) They're too long.
(d) They're too much trouble to read.
11. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
(a) Rhyme and Reason.
(b) Tock's brother.
(c) King Azaz the Unabridged.
(d) The king's cabinet members.
12. What is the name of the officer who comes to the scene of the incident in the Word Market?
(a) Officer Short.
(b) Officer Smith.
(c) Officer Humbug.
(d) Officer Shrift.
13. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
(b) A clock.
14. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) A gate.
(b) Towers and captive princesses.
(c) A dome.
(d) Towers and flags.
15. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
(a) He thinks like Humbug.
(b) He asks Tock for a boost.
(c) He thinks happy thoughts.
(d) He thinks like an adult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Officer at the Word Market say Milo can talk to while in prison?
2. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
3. What creature arrives while Milo is talking to the Lethargians?
4. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
5. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)