|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(b) Azaz the Unabridged.
(c) Faintly Macabre.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
(a) Don't run with scissors.
(b) Night air is bad.
(c) The moon is made of green cheese.
(d) It never rains, it pours.
3. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
(a) He thinks like an adult.
(b) He asks Tock for a boost.
(c) He thinks happy thoughts.
(d) He thinks like Humbug.
4. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That he must be older than he looks.
(b) That they must be teh same age.
(c) That he must be younger than he looks.
(d) That he must be about twelve.
5. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
(a) Ifs, ands, and buts.
(b) Juicy, temping ones.
(c) Marvelously fancy ones.
(d) Ordinary ones.
6. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
7. How does the watchdog wind himself?
(a) He asks Milo for help.
(b) With his hind leg.
(c) He doesn't wind himself.
(d) With his front leg.
8. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
(a) What's behind a brick wall.
(b) What's right behind his ear.
(c) What's behind a bucket of water.
(d) What's right in front of his nose.
9. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
(a) She's his grandmother.
(b) She's his mother.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his great-aunt.
10. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
(a) Everyone has to think.
(b) Everyone has to pour gas into the tank.
(c) Everyone has to be silent.
(d) Everyone has to talk.
11. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
(a) Talking to them.
(b) Taking them to a concert.
(c) Explaining the cities to them.
(d) The return of Rhyme and Reason.
12. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's Humbug's birthday.
(b) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
(c) It's the middle of summer.
(d) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
13. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
(a) He's purple.
(b) He's short.
(c) He's skinny.
(d) He's tall.
14. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
15. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(c) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
2. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
3. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
4. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
5. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)