|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
(a) Pass a law.
(b) Send for help.
(c) Offer a reward.
(d) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
2. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(a) Christmas time.
(c) Christopher the Great.
(d) Chroma the Great.
3. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
(c) A clock.
4. What do the guests do when King Azaz says, "Attention?"
(a) They leave.
(b) They stand.
(c) They pledge the flag.
(d) They ask for water.
5. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(a) Count to a thousand.
(c) Tell stories.
6. Where does Milo sleep that night in Chapter 10, after attending the symphony?
(a) On the pages of tomorrow's music.
(b) On the grass.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a chair.
7. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
(a) He can see a person's thoughts.
(b) He can see only things below him.
(c) He can read minds.
(d) He can see through things.
8. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(a) Put gas in the car.
(b) Take a nap.
(d) Press the gas pedal.
9. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Eating Time.
(b) The Word Banquet.
(c) The Word Market Sale.
(d) The Royal Banquet.
10. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) I am.
(b) I am not.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Don't shout.
11. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
12. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll have to juggle.
(b) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(c) That they'll be banished.
(d) That they'll be beheaded.
13. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
(a) He carries it on a sign.
(b) He carries it in his pocket.
(c) He wears it around his neck.
(d) He posts it on his car.
14. What does the floating boy say he thinks of the bucket of water?
(a) That it's a place to get a drink.
(b) That it's an ocean.
(c) That it's just a bucket of water.
(d) That it's home.
15. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(a) Run errands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words does the marketplace salesman try to sell to Milo?
2. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
3. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
4. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
5. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)