|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(a) Put gas in the car.
(b) Take a nap.
(d) Press the gas pedal.
2. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
3. What is the symphony "playing" when Milo accompanies the floating boy to the concert?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The Sixth Sonnet.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The sunrise.
4. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
(b) Milo and the Humbug.
5. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
(a) Every month.
(b) Every week.
(d) Every day.
6. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A cup of candy.
(c) A bottle of soda.
(d) A glass of wine.
7. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(d) Pages from books.
8. What color is the tollbooth?
9. Where does Milo find himself immediately after passing through the tollbooth?
(a) On the beach.
(b) On a desert road.
(c) In a jungle.
(d) On a country highway.
10. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
(a) Send for help.
(b) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
(c) Pass a law.
(d) Offer a reward.
11. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
(a) The earth is round.
(b) The earth is flat.
(c) The sky is blue.
(d) The earth is covered with icing.
12. What does Milo believe to be missing from the gift?
(a) A coin box.
(b) A highway.
(c) A car.
(d) A map.
13. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
(b) Valley of Sudden Noises.
(d) Mountains of Ignorance.
14. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) Don't shout.
(b) I am.
(c) I am not.
(d) Twenty years.
15. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Banquet.
(b) The Word Banquet.
(c) The Word Market Sale.
(d) The Royal Eating Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on King Azaz's robe?
2. What is the name of the officer who comes to the scene of the incident in the Word Market?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the half-baked ideas eaten by Milo and the others?
4. What is the first letter Milo eats?
5. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)