|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That he must be older than he looks.
(b) That they must be teh same age.
(c) That he must be younger than he looks.
(d) That he must be about twelve.
2. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A cup of candy.
(d) A bottle of soda.
3. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
(a) Silence Is Golden.
(b) Quiet Please.
(d) Don't Talk.
4. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(b) Run errands.
5. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
(a) Rocking and reading.
(b) Rocking and sewing.
(c) Rocking and knitting.
(d) Rocking and talking.
6. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, numbers or words?
(b) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(c) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(d) Which is better, darkness or light.?
7. Who gives Milo a reason to enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) The gatekeeper.
(c) The Duke of Definition.
(d) King Azas the Unabridged.
8. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
9. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
(a) His napkin.
(b) His necktie.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His sock.
10. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
(a) For Milo, From Mom and Dad.
(b) For Milo who never has anything to do.
(c) For Milo who needs a diversion.
(d) For Milo who has plenty of time.
11. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
(a) The earth is covered with icing.
(b) The earth is flat.
(c) The sky is blue.
(d) The earth is round.
12. What does Faintly Macabre instruct Milo to do in order to leave the prison?
(a) Press a button near the door.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Climb through a high window.
(d) Dig a tunnel.
13. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(b) Faintly Macabre.
(c) Azaz the Unabridged.
14. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
(a) What's right in front of his nose.
(b) What's right behind his ear.
(c) What's behind a brick wall.
(d) What's behind a bucket of water.
15. What does Milo suggest as a way for King Azaz to address the problem of guests rushing out after the banquet?
(a) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
(b) Offer a reward.
(c) Pass a law.
(d) Send for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
2. What is the watchdog's name?
3. In Chapter 8, where does King Azaz say they've all gone?
4. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
5. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)