Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) King Azaz.
2. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A cup of candy.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A bottle of soda.
3. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
(a) Everyone has to pour gas into the tank.
(b) Everyone has to be silent.
(c) Everyone has to talk.
(d) Everyone has to think.
4. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
(a) His necktie.
(b) His handkerchief.
(c) His napkin.
(d) His sock.
5. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
(a) All the words he knows.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A sword.
(d) A box.
6. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
(a) Milo and the Humbug.
7. What is the first thing the people of the Doldrums do when they wake in the morning?
(c) Run errands.
8. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) I am.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) I am not.
(d) Don't shout.
9. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
10. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
(a) A marble.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A flag.
(d) A painting.
11. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(a) Chroma the Great.
(c) Christopher the Great.
(d) Christmas time.
12. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
(b) It's the middle of summer.
(c) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
(d) It's Humbug's birthday.
13. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
(a) Marvelously fancy ones.
(b) Ordinary ones.
(c) Ifs, ands, and buts.
(d) Juicy, temping ones.
14. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
(a) The map and rule book.
(c) The coin box and purple paint.
(d) The map and sunshades.
15. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(d) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what floor is Milo's apartment?
2. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
3. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
4. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
5. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)