|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Milo quickly discover are illegal in the Doldrums?
(a) Thinking and laughing.
(b) Running and laughing.
(c) Smiling and running.
(d) Thinking and cursing.
2. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A box.
(d) All the words he knows.
3. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
(a) The Whether Man's House.
(d) The Doldrums.
4. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
(b) The What Now Man.
(c) The Which Way Man.
(d) The Whether Man.
5. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
(a) Pick a Letter.
(b) Don't Touch.
(c) Do It Yourself.
(d) Make a Word.
6. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
(a) There really isn't a city at all.
(b) The city is built on the clouds.
(c) There are no cars.
(d) There are no people.
7. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Which Witch.
(b) Official Which.
(c) Witch of Honor.
(d) Faintly Which.
8. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
9. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
(a) He posts it on his car.
(b) He carries it in his pocket.
(c) He wears it around his neck.
(d) He carries it on a sign.
10. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
(a) A sword.
(b) A book.
(c) A box.
(d) A guide.
11. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
12. What guarantee is included with the tollbooth?
(a) There are no guarantees.
(b) That money spent will be refunded.
(c) That damage to the carpet will be repaired.
(d) That wasted time will be refunded.
13. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) I am.
(b) Don't shout.
(c) I am not.
(d) Twenty years.
14. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
15. What is the watchdog's name?
(a) Tock Tick.
(d) Tick Tock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
2. What does Milo believe to be missing from the gift?
3. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
4. What does the floating boy say an elephant would think of a bucket of water?
5. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)