|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
(b) It's the middle of summer.
(c) It's Humbug's birthday.
(d) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
2. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(a) Take a nap.
(c) Press the gas pedal.
(d) Put gas in the car.
3. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Which Witch.
(b) Witch of Honor.
(c) Official Which.
(d) Faintly Which.
4. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
(a) Rhyme and Reason.
(b) Tock's brother.
(c) The king's cabinet members.
(d) King Azaz the Unabridged.
6. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
(a) That both darkness and light are important.
(b) That both Dictionopolis and Digitopolis are important.
(c) That both nouns and verbs are important.
(d) That both numbers and words are important.
7. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In a field.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) Under the grape arbor.
8. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(c) Azaz the Unabridged.
(d) Faintly Macabre.
9. What pace does Milo set for himself as he walks home from school in Chapter 1?
(a) He stops along the way.
(b) He waits for a ride.
(c) He walks slowly.
(d) He hurries.
10. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(b) A heart attack.
11. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
(a) One minute.
(b) Ten seconds.
(c) Twenty seconds.
(d) Ten minutes.
12. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
(d) A clock.
13. On what floor is Milo's apartment?
14. What does Milo believe to be missing from the gift?
(a) A map.
(b) A coin box.
(c) A car.
(d) A highway.
15. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) Pages from books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec Bings keep crashing into as they run through the forest?
2. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
3. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
4. How does the watchdog wind himself?
5. Milo is directed to a second door for directions. What is the word that appears above the door?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)