|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
(a) He thinks like an adult.
(b) He thinks happy thoughts.
(c) He thinks like Humbug.
(d) He asks Tock for a boost.
2. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
(a) A box.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A book.
3. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty seconds.
(c) One minute.
(d) Ten seconds.
4. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Faintly Which.
(b) Witch of Honor.
(c) Official Which.
(d) Which Witch.
5. What does Tock say is the most valuable possession?
(d) A clock.
6. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(a) Tell stories.
(c) Count to a thousand.
7. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
(a) He doesn't know how to read.
(b) They're too much trouble to read.
(c) They're too long.
(d) They have no pictures.
8. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
(a) Everyone has to be silent.
(b) Everyone has to talk.
(c) Everyone has to think.
(d) Everyone has to pour gas into the tank.
9. What does Milo believe to be missing from the gift?
(a) A highway.
(b) A coin box.
(c) A map.
(d) A car.
10. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Word Banquet.
(b) The Royal Eating Time.
(c) The Word Market Sale.
(d) The Royal Banquet.
11. What does Faintly Macabre instruct Milo to do in order to leave the prison?
(a) Dig a tunnel.
(b) Climb through a high window.
(c) Press a button near the door.
(d) Call for help.
12. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
(a) Aunt Faintly.
(b) Aunt Fanny.
(d) Faintly Macabre.
13. What creature arrives while Milo is talking to the Lethargians?
(a) The clock cat.
(b) The watchdog.
(c) The Whether Man.
(d) The Doldrums.
14. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
(a) That it's home.
(b) That it's an ocean.
(c) That it's a place to get a drink.
(d) That it's just a bucket of water.
15. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
2. In Chapter 8, where does King Azaz say they've all gone?
3. What is significant about the city Milo says is called Reality?
4. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
5. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)