|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(a) Christmas time.
(b) Chroma the Great.
(c) Christopher the Great.
2. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
(a) Faintly Macabre.
(c) Aunt Faintly.
(d) Aunt Fanny.
3. What else, aside from the gift he gives Milo, does King Azaz say Milo needs for the journey?
(a) A guide.
(b) A sword.
(c) A box.
(d) A book.
4. What does the floating boy say happens to a person who grows with their feet in the air?
(a) He grows to ten times the size of a normal person and lives in the treetops.
(b) He grows to ten times the size of a normal parson and walks among the stars.
(c) He never learns to walk but gets very fat.
5. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) Towers and captive princesses.
(b) A gate.
(c) Towers and flags.
(d) A dome.
6. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
7. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, darkness or light.?
(b) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(c) Which is better, numbers or words?
(d) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
8. What is the name of the boy Milo finds floating in the air?
(a) Ray Bings.
(b) Alec X-Ray.
(c) Alex Banana.
(d) Alec Bings.
9. What is on King Azaz's robe?
(a) Peanut Butter.
(b) The alphabet.
10. It's said the people of Dictionopolis don't really care about the arrival of a visitor. What are they pleased to see?
(a) Someone take care of Humbug.
(b) Someone watch TV.
(c) Someone go.
(d) Someone eat.
11. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
12. What do the people of Reality look at as they go from place to place?
(a) Their shoes.
(b) Their cell phones.
(c) Their hats.
(d) The scenery.
13. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(d) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
14. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
(b) Valley of Sudden Noises.
(c) Mountains of Ignorance.
15. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
(a) His alarm rings.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He hides.
(d) He bites them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
2. Who does the Officer at the Word Market say Milo can talk to while in prison?
3. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
4. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
5. What makes the humming sound Milo hears at the marketplace?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)