|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
(b) Which is better, darkness or light.?
(c) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(d) Which is better, numbers or words?
2. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(b) That they'll be banished.
(c) That they'll have to juggle.
(d) That they'll be beheaded.
3. What creature arrives while Milo is talking to the Lethargians?
(a) The Doldrums.
(b) The Whether Man.
(c) The watchdog.
(d) The clock cat.
4. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
(a) Faintly Macabre.
(c) Aunt Fanny.
(d) Aunt Faintly.
5. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
(b) The What Now Man.
(c) The Whether Man.
(d) The Which Way Man.
6. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
7. What day is it in Dictionopolis in Chapter 3?
(a) Resting day.
(b) Market day.
(c) School day.
8. What does King Azaz say is inside his gift to Milo?
(a) A pencil.
(b) All the words he knows.
(c) A box.
(d) A sword.
9. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
(a) To pay fines.
(b) There are no coins.
(c) To buy souvenirs.
(d) To pay tolls.
10. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Faintly Which.
(b) Which Witch.
(c) Witch of Honor.
(d) Official Which.
11. What two things does Milo quickly discover are illegal in the Doldrums?
(a) Running and laughing.
(b) Thinking and laughing.
(c) Smiling and running.
(d) Thinking and cursing.
12. What color is the envelope that comes with the package containing the tollbooth?
13. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Word Banquet.
(b) The Word Market Sale.
(c) The Royal Banquet.
(d) The Royal Eating Time.
14. Who gives Milo a reason to enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) The gatekeeper.
(b) The Duke of Definition.
(c) King Azas the Unabridged.
15. Who does Milo encounter upon his entrance into Dictionopolis?
(a) King Azaz the Unabridged.
(b) Tock's brother.
(c) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) The king's cabinet members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy Milo finds floating in the air?
2. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
3. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
4. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
5. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)