|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
(a) What's right behind his ear.
(b) What's behind a brick wall.
(c) What's behind a bucket of water.
(d) What's right in front of his nose.
2. Where does Milo sleep that night in Chapter 10, after attending the symphony?
(a) On the pages of tomorrow's music.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a chair.
(d) On the grass.
3. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
(a) Read the map.
(b) Blow his horn.
(c) Yell for help.
(d) Sit quietly.
4. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
(a) In the elevator.
(b) Near the phonograph.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) Under his bed.
5. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(a) Faintly Macabre.
(c) Azaz the Unabridged.
6. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
(a) Rocking and sewing.
(b) Rocking and knitting.
(c) Rocking and talking.
(d) Rocking and reading.
7. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
(a) For Milo who needs a diversion.
(b) For Milo who has plenty of time.
(c) For Milo who never has anything to do.
(d) For Milo, From Mom and Dad.
8. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
(a) Every month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every day.
9. What does Faintly Macabre instruct Milo to do in order to leave the prison?
(a) Climb through a high window.
(b) Dig a tunnel.
(c) Press a button near the door.
(d) Call for help.
10. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
(a) The earth is flat.
(b) The sky is blue.
(c) The earth is round.
(d) The earth is covered with icing.
11. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That they must be teh same age.
(b) That he must be older than he looks.
(c) That he must be younger than he looks.
(d) That he must be about twelve.
12. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
(a) Ordinary ones.
(b) Ifs, ands, and buts.
(c) Marvelously fancy ones.
(d) Juicy, temping ones.
13. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(d) King Azaz.
14. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
(a) Fighting fiends.
(b) A trip through lava lands.
(c) Hot chocolate and cookies for everyone.
(d) Fig Newtons and soda for everyone.
15. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
(a) Explaining the cities to them.
(b) Talking to them.
(c) The return of Rhyme and Reason.
(d) Taking them to a concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
2. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
3. Where were the babies known as Rhyme and Reason found?
4. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
5. What day is it in Dictionopolis in Chapter 3?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)