|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
(a) The Lethargians.
(b) The Doldrumites.
(c) The Whether People.
(d) The Little People.
2. How does the watchdog wind himself?
(a) With his hind leg.
(b) He asks Milo for help.
(c) He doesn't wind himself.
(d) With his front leg.
3. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
(a) What's behind a bucket of water.
(b) What's right behind his ear.
(c) What's behind a brick wall.
(d) What's right in front of his nose.
4. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
(a) Six years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Six million years.
5. What color is the tollbooth?
6. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
(a) Welcome to El Paso.
(b) Welcome to Expectations.
(c) Do Not Enter.
(d) Welcome to Dictionopolis.
7. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) A dome.
(b) Towers and flags.
(c) A gate.
(d) Towers and captive princesses.
8. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
(a) That he would have to clear the dishes.
(b) That he would have to eat his words.
(c) That he would have to juggle.
(d) That he would have to choose for everyone.
9. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
10. What is Milo looking at when he meets the floating boy?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) The view.
(d) A turtle.
11. What is the name of the son who settled Digitopolis?
(a) Azaz the Unabridged.
(c) Faintly Macabre.
12. What is the name of the man who comes to give Milo instructions in Chapter 2?
(a) The Whether Man.
(b) The What Now Man.
(c) The Which Way Man.
13. Which of the following does Humbug NOT suggest as a way to make the guests remain after the banquet?
(a) Pass a law.
(b) Send for help.
(c) Offer a reward.
(d) Allow Rhyme and Reason to return.
14. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(d) A heart attack.
15. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
(a) A trip through lava lands.
(b) Hot chocolate and cookies for everyone.
(c) Fighting fiends.
(d) Fig Newtons and soda for everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
2. What does Humbug ask for right after dinner in Chapter 8?
3. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
4. What is the next creature Milo meets, after the Spelling Bee?
5. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)