|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A reason.
(b) A watch.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A flag.
2. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
(a) The earth is covered with icing.
(b) The earth is round.
(c) The earth is flat.
(d) The sky is blue.
3. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
(a) Which is better, Dictionopolis or Digitopolis?
(b) Which is better, darkness or light.?
(c) Which is better, numbers or words?
(d) Which is better, nouns or verbs?
4. What does Tock want to do while Milo is looking at words in the marketplace?
(a) Go to the banquet.
(b) Find a pronoun.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Find a bone.
5. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
(a) The Whether Man's House.
(d) The Doldrums.
6. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
(a) The king's advisors.
(b) The king's two sons.
(c) The king's wife.
(d) The king's two nephews.
7. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(a) Christmas time.
(b) Christopher the Great.
(d) Chroma the Great.
8. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
(a) That it's home.
(b) That it's just a bucket of water.
(c) That it's a place to get a drink.
(d) That it's an ocean.
9. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
(a) Welcome to Expectations.
(b) Do Not Enter.
(c) Welcome to Dictionopolis.
(d) Welcome to El Paso.
10. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(a) Tell stories.
(d) Count to a thousand.
11. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
(a) In the elevator.
(b) Near the phonograph.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the hallway.
12. What is the watchdog's name?
(c) Tock Tick.
(d) Tick Tock.
13. How much time does Milo give the Spelling Bee to spell the word he has posed to it in Chapter 4?
(a) One minute.
(b) Twenty seconds.
(c) Ten seconds.
(d) Ten minutes.
14. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(b) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(c) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
(d) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
15. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) I am not.
(b) I am.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Don't shout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Milo looking at when he meets the floating boy?
2. What guarantee is included with the tollbooth?
3. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
4. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
5. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)