|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words does the marketplace salesman try to sell to Milo?
(a) Good and bye.
(b) Happy and good.
(c) Happy and buy.
(d) Happy and birthday.
2. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
(a) A painting.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A flag.
(d) A marble.
3. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
(a) Every month.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every day.
4. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
5. What is the purpose of the coins included in the surprise package?
(a) To buy souvenirs.
(b) To pay fines.
(c) To pay tolls.
(d) There are no coins.
6. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
(a) The earth is flat.
(b) The sky is blue.
(c) The earth is covered with icing.
(d) The earth is round.
7. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
(a) She's his mother.
(b) She's his sister.
(c) She's his grandmother.
(d) She's his great-aunt.
8. What is the name of the place Milo points to with his finger in Chapter 1?
(b) Mountains of Ignorance.
(c) Valley of Sudden Noises.
9. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) A dome.
(b) A square.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A book.
10. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
(a) Rhyme and Reason must be set free.
(b) Azaz the Unabridged and Mathemagician must be reunited.
(c) Rhyme and Reason must be imprisoned.
(d) Milo must find the answer to a riddle.
11. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
(a) Witch of Honor.
(b) Faintly Which.
(c) Official Which.
(d) Which Witch.
12. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
(a) They have no pictures.
(b) He doesn't know how to read.
(c) They're too much trouble to read.
(d) They're too long.
13. What reason is Milo given to enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) Don't care?
(b) Why not?
(c) Which way?
(d) Whether or not?
14. What gift does King Azaz give Milo to help him on his journey?
(a) A book.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A sword.
(d) A box.
15. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Word Market Sale.
(b) The Word Banquet.
(c) The Royal Eating Time.
(d) The Royal Banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the first sign Milo encounters?
2. What is Milo looking at when he meets the floating boy?
3. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
4. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
5. Where does Milo find himself immediately after passing through the tollbooth?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)