|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guarantee is included with the tollbooth?
(a) That damage to the carpet will be repaired.
(b) That wasted time will be refunded.
(c) That money spent will be refunded.
(d) There are no guarantees.
2. What is the symphony "playing" when Milo accompanies the floating boy to the concert?
(a) The Sixth Sonnet.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The sunset.
3. What is the most notable feature about the police officer who comes to the Word Market?
(a) He's skinny.
(b) He's short.
(c) He's tall.
(d) He's purple.
4. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That he must be younger than he looks.
(b) That he must be about twelve.
(c) That they must be teh same age.
(d) That he must be older than he looks.
5. What color is the tollbooth?
6. Why doesn't Milo read books when he's bored?
(a) They're too much trouble to read.
(b) He doesn't know how to read.
(c) They have no pictures.
(d) They're too long.
7. What does Tock want to do while Milo is looking at words in the marketplace?
(a) Find a bone.
(b) Find a pronoun.
(c) Go to the banquet.
(d) Take a nap.
8. What is it that the floating boy cannot see?
(a) What's behind a brick wall.
(b) What's behind a bucket of water.
(c) What's right in front of his nose.
(d) What's right behind his ear.
9. In Chapter 8, where does King Azaz say they've all gone?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the market place.
(c) To the Doldrums.
(d) To Wisdom.
10. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Word Banquet.
(b) The Royal Banquet.
(c) The Word Market Sale.
(d) The Royal Eating Time.
11. What is the first half baked idea Milo eats?
(a) The sky is blue.
(b) The earth is flat.
(c) The earth is round.
(d) The earth is covered with icing.
12. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
(a) He carries it in his pocket.
(b) He carries it on a sign.
(c) He posts it on his car.
(d) He wears it around his neck.
13. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
(a) That she's really a witch.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That her name is Faintly Macabre.
(d) That she's really not-so-wicked.
14. What has to take place before the wagon belonging to the King's cabinet members will move?
(a) Everyone has to think.
(b) Everyone has to be silent.
(c) Everyone has to talk.
(d) Everyone has to pour gas into the tank.
15. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
(b) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
(c) It's the middle of summer.
(d) It's Humbug's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Humbug ask when they stop for a rest?
2. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
3. What three words does Milo choose to buy in the marketplace?
4. What is on each side of the Dictionopolis coat of arms?
5. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)