|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the watchdog's name?
(a) Tock Tick.
(b) Tick Tock.
2. What do the guests do when King Azaz says, "Attention?"
(a) They leave.
(b) They ask for water.
(c) They stand.
(d) They pledge the flag.
3. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(d) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
4. What does Tock want to do while Milo is looking at words in the marketplace?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Find a bone.
(c) Find a pronoun.
(d) Go to the banquet.
5. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
6. What does the floating boy think of Milo's age?
(a) That he must be about twelve.
(b) That he must be younger than he looks.
(c) That they must be teh same age.
(d) That he must be older than he looks.
7. Where does Milo find his surprise present?
(a) Near the phonograph.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In the elevator.
(d) In the hallway.
8. What is the name of the kingdom built by the young prince who settled in the land controlled by demons and had nothing by waste and rocks?
9. What kinds of words are sold in gift boxes?
(a) Marvelously fancy ones.
(b) Ifs, ands, and buts.
(c) Juicy, temping ones.
(d) Ordinary ones.
10. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) A dome.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A square.
(d) A book.
11. Where does Milo sleep that night in Chapter 10, after attending the symphony?
(a) In a chair.
(b) On the grass.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On the pages of tomorrow's music.
12. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
(a) That both darkness and light are important.
(b) That both numbers and words are important.
(c) That both nouns and verbs are important.
(d) That both Dictionopolis and Digitopolis are important.
13. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
(a) Rhyme and Reason must be imprisoned.
(b) Rhyme and Reason must be set free.
(c) Azaz the Unabridged and Mathemagician must be reunited.
(d) Milo must find the answer to a riddle.
14. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
(a) That he would have to choose for everyone.
(b) That he would have to juggle.
(c) That he would have to eat his words.
(d) That he would have to clear the dishes.
15. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
(a) Don't Talk.
(b) Silence Is Golden.
(d) Quiet Please.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the city Milo sees that Alec Bings tells him really isn't there?
3. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
4. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
5. In Faintly Macabre's story, what question was posed to the princesses by their brothers?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)