|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Humbug say is wrong with him after dinner?
(c) A heart attack.
2. What is the shape of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) A book.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A square.
(d) A dome.
3. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(c) Azaz the Unabridged.
(d) Faintly Macabre.
4. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(b) Pages from books.
5. What makes the humming sound Milo hears at the marketplace?
(a) The Spelling Bee.
(b) The letter.
(d) The Humbug.
6. What is Milo looking at when he meets the floating boy?
(a) The view.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A fish.
(d) A bucket of water.
7. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
(b) Put gas in the car.
(c) Press the gas pedal.
(d) Take a nap.
8. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) Towers and captive princesses.
(b) A dome.
(c) Towers and flags.
(d) A gate.
9. What is the inscription on the envelope of the large package Milo finds in his room?
(a) For Milo who has plenty of time.
(b) For Milo, From Mom and Dad.
(c) For Milo who needs a diversion.
(d) For Milo who never has anything to do.
10. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
(a) Count to a thousand.
(b) Tell stories.
11. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Banquet.
(b) The Word Banquet.
(c) The Royal Eating Time.
(d) The Word Market Sale.
12. What is Faintly Macabre's relationship to the king?
(a) She's his sister.
(b) She's his mother.
(c) She's his great-aunt.
(d) She's his grandmother.
13. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
(a) That both Dictionopolis and Digitopolis are important.
(b) That both nouns and verbs are important.
(c) That both numbers and words are important.
(d) That both darkness and light are important.
14. Who does King Azaz say should serve as Milo's guide for the journey?
(b) Rhyme and Reason.
(c) King Azaz.
15. Who was to be responsible for Rhyme and Reason upon the death of the king?
(a) The king's two sons.
(b) The king's advisors.
(c) The king's wife.
(d) The king's two nephews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Faintly Macabre say will have to happen in order that she be set free?
2. What does Milo discover everyone talks about when King Azaz calls for speeches?
3. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
4. What does Humbug say would be the final step in retrieving Rhyme and Reason?
5. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)