|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
(a) I am not.
(b) Don't shout.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) I am.
2. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
(a) He can read minds.
(b) He can see through things.
(c) He can see only things below him.
(d) He can see a person's thoughts.
3. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
(a) Make a Word.
(b) Do It Yourself.
(c) Don't Touch.
(d) Pick a Letter.
4. What is the name of the son who settled Dictionopolis?
(c) Faintly Macabre.
(d) Azaz the Unabridged.
5. What color is the tollbooth?
6. Who is the conductor of the orchestra?
(b) Chroma the Great.
(c) Christmas time.
(d) Christopher the Great.
7. What does Milo take with him as he approaches the tollbooth for the first time?
(a) The map and sunshades.
(c) The map and rule book.
(d) The coin box and purple paint.
8. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
(a) The Whether People.
(b) The Little People.
(c) The Doldrumites.
(d) The Lethargians.
9. What is the word that appears above the door of the first house where Milo goes to ask directions in Chapter 10?
10. How does Milo come to see things from the floating boy's point of view?
(a) He thinks like an adult.
(b) He thinks happy thoughts.
(c) He asks Tock for a boost.
(d) He thinks like Humbug.
11. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
(a) That both numbers and words are important.
(b) That both darkness and light are important.
(c) That both Dictionopolis and Digitopolis are important.
(d) That both nouns and verbs are important.
12. What does the floating boy say will fix the problems of the two cities discussed in Chapter 10?
(a) Explaining the cities to them.
(b) The return of Rhyme and Reason.
(c) Talking to them.
(d) Taking them to a concert.
13. What was the final message posted by Faintly Macabre?
(a) Silence Is Golden.
(b) Don't Talk.
(d) Quiet Please.
14. What does Faintly Macabre instruct Milo to do in order to leave the prison?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Press a button near the door.
(c) Climb through a high window.
(d) Dig a tunnel.
15. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
(a) Rocking and reading.
(b) Rocking and sewing.
(c) Rocking and knitting.
(d) Rocking and talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
2. What does the floating boy say an elephant would think of a bucket of water?
3. It's said the people of Dictionopolis don't really care about the arrival of a visitor. What are they pleased to see?
4. What was the land called when demons controlled everything and there was nothing but waste and rocks?
5. What is the next creature Milo meets, after the Spelling Bee?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)