|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Short Shrift.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old lady doing in the prison cell?
(a) Rocking and talking.
(b) Rocking and sewing.
(c) Rocking and reading.
(d) Rocking and knitting.
2. How does Milo display his reason for being in the market?
(a) He carries it on a sign.
(b) He posts it on his car.
(c) He wears it around his neck.
(d) He carries it in his pocket.
3. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
(b) Faintly Macabre.
(c) Aunt Faintly.
(d) Aunt Fanny.
4. Where does Milo find himself after he spends some time daydreaming in Chapter 2?
(a) The Whether Man's House.
(c) The Doldrums.
5. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
(a) They are manufactured in the Doldrums.
(b) They are manufactured in Dictionopolis.
(c) They grow on trees in the Doldrums.
(d) They grow on trees in Dictionopolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
2. What does Milo come to understand he must do to make his car go faster?
3. What is Tock's reaction at the end of the fight between the Spelling Bee and the Humbug?
4. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
5. Who are the creatures Milo discovers when he arrives at the Doldrums?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)