|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Faintly Macabre's Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milo supposed to do in order to get information at the small house he finds in Chapter 2?
(a) Sit quietly.
(b) Blow his horn.
(c) Read the map.
(d) Yell for help.
2. How often do the creatures of the Doldrums go on holiday?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every day.
(d) Every month.
3. What is written on the sign of the wagon that is different from the typical Word Market stalls?
(a) Pick a Letter.
(b) Don't Touch.
(c) Make a Word.
(d) Do It Yourself.
4. According to Faintly Macabre's story, what was the decision rendered by Rhyme and Reason on the question posed to them by their brothers?
(a) That both darkness and light are important.
(b) That both Dictionopolis and Digitopolis are important.
(c) That both nouns and verbs are important.
(d) That both numbers and words are important.
5. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's Humbug's birthday.
(b) It's the middle of summer.
(c) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
(d) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years in prison is Milo sentenced to?
2. What word does Milo ask the Spelling Bee to spell?
3. What does Milo discover about the individual who the Officer at the Word Market mentioned?
4. How many sons did the young prince in Faintly Macabre's story have?
5. What was Faintly Macabre's official title?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)