|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Silent Valley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) Towers and captive princesses.
(b) Towers and flags.
(c) A gate.
(d) A dome.
2. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
(b) It's the middle of summer.
(c) It's Humbug's birthday.
(d) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
3. Why does the floating boy say it makes sense to grow down rather than up?
(a) You never have to look up to a grown up.
(b) Your point of view never changes.
(c) Your ears never have to grow.
(d) You always get noticed.
4. What does the floating boy say he thinks of the bucket of water?
(a) That it's an ocean.
(b) That it's just a bucket of water.
(c) That it's a place to get a drink.
(d) That it's home.
5. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A flag.
(b) A reason.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Milo says he can't sing, tell songs, juggle or tumble, what does the King say?
2. What is the sentence the Officer who comes to the Word Market passes on Milo?
3. What is the name given to the watchdog's brother?
4. What does the witch say Milo can call her?
5. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)