|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Silent Valley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the floating boy say an ant would think of a bucket of water?
(a) That it's a place to get a drink.
(b) That it's home.
(c) That it's just a bucket of water.
(d) That it's an ocean.
2. What is the significance of July 27?
(a) It's the date of the Word Market incident.
(b) It's Humbug's birthday.
(c) It's the middle of summer.
(d) It's Officer Shrift's birthday.
3. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A flag.
(c) A watch.
(d) A reason.
4. What does Milo say he didn't realize when he was giving his own speech?
(a) That he would have to juggle.
(b) That he would have to eat his words.
(c) That he would have to choose for everyone.
(d) That he would have to clear the dishes.
5. What event is being held the evening that Milo arrives i Dictionopolis, to which Milo is invited?
(a) The Royal Eating Time.
(b) The Word Market Sale.
(c) The Word Banquet.
(d) The Royal Banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
2. What is Milo told he must do to restore sound to the Silent valley?
3. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
4. What does Milo suggest to the king Azaz that he can do?
5. What does Milo use to wrap up a half baked idea for later?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)