|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Silent Valley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Milo sees that indicates he's nearing Dictionopolis?
(a) Towers and flags.
(b) A gate.
(c) A dome.
(d) Towers and captive princesses.
2. What, according to the Soundkeeper, does laughter look like?
(b) Sheets of paper.
(c) Cotton balls.
3. What lines the ceilings and mirrors of the entrance halls of the palace in Dictionopolis?
(a) Pages from books.
4. What threat does King Azaz issue to stop his cabinet members from fighting?
(a) That they'll be beheaded.
(b) That they'll have to wash dishes.
(c) That they'll have to juggle.
(d) That they'll be banished.
5. What sound does Milo make when he tries to talk in the Silent Valley?
(b) A buzz.
(c) A squeak.
(d) A tick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Milo learn that words come from?
2. What does the floating boy say a fish's point of view of a bucket of water would be?
3. What does Milo have to have before he can enter the city in Chapter 3?
4. What special gift does the floating boy have besides walking above the ground?
5. What sound does Milo steal in Chapter 12?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)