|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Council order Qui-Gon to do?
2. What do Anakin and Jar Jar hear when they sneak out of their quarters?
3. What does Anakin accidentally do after Padmy escapes?
4. Why did Anakin fight with Rodian?
5. With what does Obi-Wan kill Darth Maul?
Essay Topic 1
The emotional roller coaster of the day ends with the profound sorrow and sense of loss that Anakin feels about having to leave his mother behind, not knowing when he will see her again.
1. Do you think a mother who allows her seven year old son to leave home is a bad mother? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you might make a choice like Anakin's. Would you decide to leave you mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"In this life you're often born one thing and die another. You don't have to accept that what you're given when you come in is all you'll have when you leave."
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you want to be though you were not born that person?
3. What do you think you have to overcome in your life in order to leave the legacy you want?
Essay Topic 3
Yoda probes into the fatal flaw Anakin possesses - his susceptibility to fear. Yoda also crystallizes the reason that a Jedi must be completely free of fear when he proclaims that fear leads to the dark side, to anger and hate, and to suffering.
1. Do you think fear can be a harmful influence in a person's life? Why or why not?
2. Some say fear, not hate, is the opposite of love and that hate is simply the result of fear. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
3. It doesn't seem fair that Anakin can have so much going for him and is being judged for having fear, especially considering his age. Do you think Yoda is being petty? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,366 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)