|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obi-Wan insist to Qui-Gon about Anakin?
2. What does the Jedi Council wonder about Darth Maul?
3. What does Governor Sio Bibble refuse to do on Naboo?
4. What does Anakin give Padmy when on the ship?
5. How does the Queen's ship get away from the Sith Lord?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Again Anakin has what seem to be prophetic dreams, but this time the dreams have a foreboding element to them. Anakin sees himself older, in a strange place facing a dimly seen wave that moves toward him, led by Padmy who appears to be older and sad.
1. What do you think this dream means? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write about a dream you or someone else you know had that seemed to have come true.
3. Do you think dreams mean anything in a person's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Now when the battle is about to begin and suspense and excitement need to be heightened, the author makes maximum use of separated lines of action, dividing the conflict into four parts. The chief advantage of this division of action is that at a high point in the action, the outcome of a critical conflict can be left unresolved in favor of a switch to a different line of action, thus continually escalating the suspense felt by a reader or an audience.
1. Do you think that separating the action does indeed escalate the tension? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it's confusing to divide the action into separate parts? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,380 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)