|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the ship with whom does Anakin make friends?
2. In what place is Anakin as he nears Arch Canyon?
3. Where does Anakin go in the starfighter?
4. What will the Gungans do in the Queen's battle plan?
5. What is the Queen's plan for taking care of the invaders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qui-Gon talk to the Jedi Council about?
2. What does the Jedi Council decide about Anakin?
3. What happens when the Queen attends the Senate meeting?
4. What does Padmy tell Anakin right before the battle and what does he say?
5. What happens when Anakin and Qui-Gon are informed of the Council's decision about Anakin?
6. How does the final outcome between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul occur?
7. How does Anakin feel at Qui-Gon's funeral?
8. What happens when Padmy, the Jedi and her troops enter the hanger?
9. What happens in Chapter 22 in the fight between the Jedi and Darth Maul?
10. Why does Anakin get in a fight with Rodian and what does Qui-Gon say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Now when the battle is about to begin and suspense and excitement need to be heightened, the author makes maximum use of separated lines of action, dividing the conflict into four parts. The chief advantage of this division of action is that at a high point in the action, the outcome of a critical conflict can be left unresolved in favor of a switch to a different line of action, thus continually escalating the suspense felt by a reader or an audience.
1. Do you think that separating the action does indeed escalate the tension? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it's confusing to divide the action into separate parts? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At the Jedi temple, Qui-Gon and Anakin are shocked to learn that the Council has decided not to admit Anakin for training - the main reason being that he is too old and already has too much anger in him.
1. Why do you think anger would disqualify Anakin from becoming a Jedi? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Choose an occupation in modern America you believe would be bad for someone with a lot of anger. Explain why you chose that particular occupation.
3. Has anger ever interfered with a situation in which you or someone you know, have been? Explain the situation and how being angry interfered with it.
Essay Topic 3
Anakin's mother has always known that her son is gifted, but she now exhibits a growing awareness that her son is not only gifted, but also special in a rare way.
1. Why do you think Anakin's mother believes he is very special? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think a parent can see the truth, good or bad, about their child? Why or why not?
3. If you had a gifted child what would you do to encourage that gift?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)