|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anakin find out when he examines the Podracer engine?
2. What does Anakin do in his dream?
3. How do the Jedi swim underwater?
4. How does Anakin Skywalker feel in his race vehicle?
5. What color is the planet Naboo described as in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of deal does Qui-Gon make with Watto besides the one for the parts?
2. Who does Qui-Gon encounter when leaving the Federation transport area and what does the creature look like?
3. Why does Anakin lose his race and what happens when he does?
4. What does Qui-Gon talk to the Jedi Council about?
5. What does Nute Gunray tell Darth Sidious and what is Sidious's reply? How does Gunray feel about what Sidious says?
6. What happens when Anakin sees Padmy and her troops are threatened by destroyer droids?
7. What are Nute Gunray's orders about the Queen and what happens to her?
8. How does Anakin feel at Qui-Gon's funeral?
9. What do we find out about the history of the Sith in Chapter 10?
10. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the Jedi temple, Qui-Gon and Anakin are shocked to learn that the Council has decided not to admit Anakin for training - the main reason being that he is too old and already has too much anger in him.
1. Why do you think anger would disqualify Anakin from becoming a Jedi? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Choose an occupation in modern America you believe would be bad for someone with a lot of anger. Explain why you chose that particular occupation.
3. Has anger ever interfered with a situation in which you or someone you know, have been? Explain the situation and how being angry interfered with it.
Essay Topic 2
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Those familiar with the STAR WARS saga will certainly recall the anthropomorphic nature of C-3PO and R2-D2 in the original movie.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think it's too far fetched to give robots such human personalities? Why or why not?
3. What other types of anthropomorphic non-human characters are famous today? How does anthropomorphic tendencies tie in with how many people see their pets, such as dogs and cats?
This section contains 3,122 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)