|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nute Gunray?
2. What does Anakin discover in the canyon?
3. What does an old pilot Anakin meets tell him?
4. Who leads the Qui-Gon and Obi-Won to a conference room?
5. How would Watto rather get parts then to trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Jedi lose power in their craft?
2. Where does the Queen's personal cruiser go and how does it avoid being hit by enemy fire?
3. What do we find out about the history of the Sith in Chapter 10?
4. What happened when Anakin and his friends met an old space pilot? What did he tell them and what did Anakin think?
5. What do Anakin and Padmy look at and talk about when they get to his house?
6. What does Nute Gunray tell Darth Sidious and what is Sidious's reply? How does Gunray feel about what Sidious says?
7. Why does Anakin lose his race and what happens when he does?
8. Who does Anakin meet in the canyon and what does he do?
9. How does Qui-Gon see Jar Jar and how does Obi-Wan feel about it?
10. Why do the Jedi take Jar Jar with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anakin makes a conscious decision to play the Good Samaritan, and look after this fallen human being, part of a group reviled by Anakin's own society. A careful reader will quickly realize that the significance of this incident rests in the change it works on Anakin, making him realize through a life experience that there may be more to other human beings than their superficial exterior and their reputation among one's own kind.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think this statement might be used in the problems in modern America and people who are discriminated against?
3. Write a short scene of what you would do if you came across in injured person whom you did not like.
Essay Topic 3
Again Anakin has what seem to be prophetic dreams, but this time the dreams have a foreboding element to them. Anakin sees himself older, in a strange place facing a dimly seen wave that moves toward him, led by Padmy who appears to be older and sad.
1. What do you think this dream means? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write about a dream you or someone else you know had that seemed to have come true.
3. Do you think dreams mean anything in a person's life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)