|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would a protocol droid be useful when trading with the Jawas?
2. What do the Federation ships land near on Naboo?
3. How is Queen Amidala seen to be by most people?
4. What does Anakin think is the reason the Jedi are on Tatooine?
5. What do the Jawas look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what do Anakin and Qui-Gon bargain with Watto?
2. How does Qui-Gon see Jar Jar and how does Obi-Wan feel about it?
3. What happened when Anakin and his friends met an old space pilot? What did he tell them and what did Anakin think?
4. Where does the Queen's personal cruiser go and how does it avoid being hit by enemy fire?
5. What kind of deal does Qui-Gon make with Watto besides the one for the parts?
6. How did Jedi Knights originate and what do they do in the present of this novel?
7. What kind of welcome do the three receive in the Gungan city and what does the head man offer?
8. What type of dream does Anakin have the night before the race? How does he leave the dream?
9. What do the Jedi Knights see in the main hanger that shocks them?
10. What does Watto order Anakin to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Those familiar with the STAR WARS saga will certainly recall the anthropomorphic nature of C-3PO and R2-D2 in the original movie.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think it's too far fetched to give robots such human personalities? Why or why not?
3. What other types of anthropomorphic non-human characters are famous today? How does anthropomorphic tendencies tie in with how many people see their pets, such as dogs and cats?
Essay Topic 2
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The action of the race is pure thrills - escalating to an exciting finish, using all the "bells and whistles" of the science-fiction form, but actually following in the pulp fiction tradition of macho competitive struggle employed by man and machine.
1. What do you think is meant by pulp fiction tradition of macho competitive struggle?
2. What do you think is the "bells and whistles" of science fiction??
3. Describe a scene in Chapter 13 that would indicate to a read the book was science fiction, even if the description was all a reader saw.
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)