Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the shop where Qui-Gon goes to for spare parts?
2. Where are the Queen and her forces sent?
3. How does Anakin have his Podracer hidden?
4. What kind of headdress does the Queen wear?
5. Who controls the planet Tatooine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Anakin meet on the Dune Sea and what does he do there?
2. What happens when the Queen attends the Senate meeting?
3. What do the Jedi Knights see in the main hanger that shocks them?
4. What does Anakin do when Qui-gon goes outside with Watto?
5. Where does Anakin end up during the fight for Naboo?
6. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
7. Where do the Jedi go upon leaving the underwater city and what are they using for a vehicle?
8. What does Nute Gunray do when the Jedi Knights come aboard his ship and what is he ordered to do?
9. Who does Qui-Gon encounter when leaving the Federation transport area and what does the creature look like?
10. What happens when Padmy meets the Viceroy in the Theed throne room?
Essay Topic 1
While it is true that in the larger scheme of things, the troubles on Queen Amidala's planet affect a huge number of human beings, a reader always find it difficult invest emotional currency in story material that deals with huge numbers of "faceless" people. Journalists are known to use the phrase "putting a face on the issue," by which they mean that to involve a reader in a news story, a writer needs to key the story on an individual person.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Are you more likely to feel about a person you see in front of you who is hungry or to feel deeply when you hear about a whole group of people who are starving? Why or why not?
3. Do you think this is a true statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At the Jedi temple, Qui-Gon and Anakin are shocked to learn that the Council has decided not to admit Anakin for training - the main reason being that he is too old and already has too much anger in him.
1. Why do you think anger would disqualify Anakin from becoming a Jedi? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Choose an occupation in modern America you believe would be bad for someone with a lot of anger. Explain why you chose that particular occupation.
3. Has anger ever interfered with a situation in which you or someone you know, have been? Explain the situation and how being angry interfered with it.
Essay Topic 3
Again Anakin has what seem to be prophetic dreams, but this time the dreams have a foreboding element to them. Anakin sees himself older, in a strange place facing a dimly seen wave that moves toward him, led by Padmy who appears to be older and sad.
1. What do you think this dream means? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write about a dream you or someone else you know had that seemed to have come true.
3. Do you think dreams mean anything in a person's life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)