|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the results of Qui-Gon's test of Anakin's blood?
2. What is the name of Tatooine's major city?
3. What do the Federation ships land near on Naboo?
4. Who is Jar Jar Binks?
5. Why would a protocol droid be useful when trading with the Jawas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of welcome do the three receive in the Gungan city and what does the head man offer?
2. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
3. Where is Nute Gunray and the Queen of Naboo when Theed falls to the Federation troops?
4. What is one of the tricks of being a successful slave and what are Anakin's secrets?
5. What does Nute Gunray tell Darth Sidious and what is Sidious's reply? How does Gunray feel about what Sidious says?
6. What happens to Jar Jar when walking through the market?
7. What do the Jedi Knights see in the main hanger that shocks them?
8. What would happen if Anakin's Podracer had contact with any solid surface?
9. Where does the Queen's personal cruiser go and how does it avoid being hit by enemy fire?
10. What do Anakin and Padmy look at and talk about when they get to his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Again Anakin has what seem to be prophetic dreams, but this time the dreams have a foreboding element to them. Anakin sees himself older, in a strange place facing a dimly seen wave that moves toward him, led by Padmy who appears to be older and sad.
1. What do you think this dream means? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write about a dream you or someone else you know had that seemed to have come true.
3. Do you think dreams mean anything in a person's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In an epic story like STAR WARS THE PHANTOM MENACE, it is expected that large forces will clash on a grand scale, and that the forces will represent an alignment of Good on one side, and of Evil on the other.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think in any group of people all of the members are either evil or good? Why or why not?
3. Describe a situation in the 21st. Century that you think represents an alignment of Good on one side, and of Evil on the other.
Essay Topic 3
Now when the battle is about to begin and suspense and excitement need to be heightened, the author makes maximum use of separated lines of action, dividing the conflict into four parts. The chief advantage of this division of action is that at a high point in the action, the outcome of a critical conflict can be left unresolved in favor of a switch to a different line of action, thus continually escalating the suspense felt by a reader or an audience.
1. Do you think that separating the action does indeed escalate the tension? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it's confusing to divide the action into separate parts? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)