|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qui-Gon convince Watto to go along with his plan?
2. What happens to the Coloclaw fish?
3. What are two secrets Anakin has kept from Watto?
4. What is Anakin building right now in his room?
5. Who is Jar Jar Binks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the Jedi go upon leaving the underwater city and what are they using for a vehicle?
2. What happens to Jar Jar when walking through the market?
3. What would happen if Anakin's Podracer had contact with any solid surface?
4. For what do Anakin and Qui-Gon bargain with Watto?
5. What type of dream does Anakin have the night before the race? How does he leave the dream?
6. What do we find out about the history of the Sith in Chapter 10?
7. What does Jar Jar offer to do and how do they have to get there?
8. How does Qui-Gon see Jar Jar and how does Obi-Wan feel about it?
9. What kind of welcome do the three receive in the Gungan city and what does the head man offer?
10. What kind of deal does Qui-Gon make with Watto besides the one for the parts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anakin's mother has always known that her son is gifted, but she now exhibits a growing awareness that her son is not only gifted, but also special in a rare way.
1. Why do you think Anakin's mother believes he is very special? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think a parent can see the truth, good or bad, about their child? Why or why not?
3. If you had a gifted child what would you do to encourage that gift?
Essay Topic 2
The emotional roller coaster of the day ends with the profound sorrow and sense of loss that Anakin feels about having to leave his mother behind, not knowing when he will see her again.
1. Do you think a mother who allows her seven year old son to leave home is a bad mother? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you might make a choice like Anakin's. Would you decide to leave you mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)