Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the shop where Qui-Gon goes to for spare parts?
2. Where are the Queen and her forces sent?
3. How does Anakin have his Podracer hidden?
4. What kind of headdress does the Queen wear?
5. Who controls the planet Tatooine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Anakin meet on the Dune Sea and what does he do there?
2. What happens when the Queen attends the Senate meeting?
3. What do the Jedi Knights see in the main hanger that shocks them?
4. What does Anakin do when Qui-gon goes outside with Watto?
5. Where does Anakin end up during the fight for Naboo?
6. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
7. Where do the Jedi go upon leaving the underwater city and what are they using for a vehicle?
8. What does Nute Gunray do when the Jedi Knights come aboard his ship and what is he ordered to do?
9. Who does Qui-Gon encounter when leaving the Federation transport area and what does the creature look like?
10. What happens when Padmy meets the Viceroy in the Theed throne room?
Essay Topic 1
"In this life you're often born one thing and die another. You don't have to accept that what you're given when you come in is all you'll have when you leave."
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you want to be though you were not born that person?
3. What do you think you have to overcome in your life in order to leave the legacy you want?
Essay Topic 2
Now when the battle is about to begin and suspense and excitement need to be heightened, the author makes maximum use of separated lines of action, dividing the conflict into four parts. The chief advantage of this division of action is that at a high point in the action, the outcome of a critical conflict can be left unresolved in favor of a switch to a different line of action, thus continually escalating the suspense felt by a reader or an audience.
1. Do you think that separating the action does indeed escalate the tension? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it's confusing to divide the action into separate parts? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the Jedi temple, Qui-Gon and Anakin are shocked to learn that the Council has decided not to admit Anakin for training - the main reason being that he is too old and already has too much anger in him.
1. Why do you think anger would disqualify Anakin from becoming a Jedi? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Choose an occupation in modern America you believe would be bad for someone with a lot of anger. Explain why you chose that particular occupation.
3. Has anger ever interfered with a situation in which you or someone you know, have been? Explain the situation and how being angry interfered with it.
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)