|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anakin invite Qui-Gon and his group to Anakin's house?
2. What does Anakin do in his dream?
3. What kind of headdress does the Queen wear?
4. Where does Anakin hope to be before dark after leaving the Jawas?
5. What happens to the Coloclaw fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what do Anakin and Qui-Gon bargain with Watto?
2. What happens in the bongo after the lights come back on and how does Qui-Gon handle the crisis?
3. What is one of the tricks of being a successful slave and what are Anakin's secrets?
4. What conversation do Qui-Gon and Shmi have about Anakin?
5. What does Nute Gunray tell Darth Sidious and what is Sidious's reply? How does Gunray feel about what Sidious says?
6. What does Anakin find out when he examines the engines of the Podracer and how does Watto usually like to get parts?
7. Why is Anakin an unusual Podracer and how does he make up for it?
8. What would happen if Anakin's Podracer had contact with any solid surface?
9. Why does Anakin lose his race and what happens when he does?
10. What does Anakin do when Qui-gon goes outside with Watto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The emotional roller coaster of the day ends with the profound sorrow and sense of loss that Anakin feels about having to leave his mother behind, not knowing when he will see her again.
1. Do you think a mother who allows her seven year old son to leave home is a bad mother? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you might make a choice like Anakin's. Would you decide to leave you mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anakin's mother has always known that her son is gifted, but she now exhibits a growing awareness that her son is not only gifted, but also special in a rare way.
1. Why do you think Anakin's mother believes he is very special? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think a parent can see the truth, good or bad, about their child? Why or why not?
3. If you had a gifted child what would you do to encourage that gift?
Essay Topic 3
At the Jedi temple, Qui-Gon and Anakin are shocked to learn that the Council has decided not to admit Anakin for training - the main reason being that he is too old and already has too much anger in him.
1. Why do you think anger would disqualify Anakin from becoming a Jedi? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Choose an occupation in modern America you believe would be bad for someone with a lot of anger. Explain why you chose that particular occupation.
3. Has anger ever interfered with a situation in which you or someone you know, have been? Explain the situation and how being angry interfered with it.
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)