|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anakin tell Padmy about his future?
2. What is surrounding Naboo?
3. Why are the crowds of creatures that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon join running?
4. How does Padmy feel about Qui-Gon's plan for making money?
5. Why would the Captain of the Queen's cruiser stay close to a Federation battleship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anakin find out when he examines the engines of the Podracer and how does Watto usually like to get parts?
2. What happens in the bongo after the lights come back on and how does Qui-Gon handle the crisis?
3. Why is Anakin racing?
4. Why is Anakin an unusual Podracer and how does he make up for it?
5. Why do the Jedi take Jar Jar with them?
6. Where is Nute Gunray and the Queen of Naboo when Theed falls to the Federation troops?
7. Why does Anakin lose his race and what happens when he does?
8. What happened when Anakin and his friends met an old space pilot? What did he tell them and what did Anakin think?
9. What does Watto order Anakin to do?
10. Where does the Queen's personal cruiser go and how does it avoid being hit by enemy fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The emotional roller coaster of the day ends with the profound sorrow and sense of loss that Anakin feels about having to leave his mother behind, not knowing when he will see her again.
1. Do you think a mother who allows her seven year old son to leave home is a bad mother? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you might make a choice like Anakin's. Would you decide to leave you mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It seems as if Anakin has already embraced Qui-Gon's philosophy of following one's intuition at the time one's senses are alert to an opportunity.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think one should follow intuition even if it seems contrary to logic? Why or why not?
3. Write about a time when you followed intuition or didn't follow it and how the situation turned out.
Essay Topic 3
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)