|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jar Jar Binks?
2. What does Nute Gunray tell Darth Sidious about the Jedi?
3. What do Kitster and Wald want Anakin to do with him?
4. Why is Watto upset with Anakin?
5. What does Shmi say when Watto tells Anakin he might not race again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation do Qui-Gon and Shmi have about Anakin?
2. What kind of deal does Qui-Gon make with Watto besides the one for the parts?
3. What happens in the bongo after the lights come back on and how does Qui-Gon handle the crisis?
4. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
5. Why is Watto angry with Anakin and what happens?
6. What does Anakin find out when he examines the engines of the Podracer and how does Watto usually like to get parts?
7. What does Jar Jar offer to do and how do they have to get there?
8. What kind of welcome do the three receive in the Gungan city and what does the head man offer?
9. Why is Anakin an unusual Podracer and how does he make up for it?
10. What is one of the tricks of being a successful slave and what are Anakin's secrets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Again Anakin has what seem to be prophetic dreams, but this time the dreams have a foreboding element to them. Anakin sees himself older, in a strange place facing a dimly seen wave that moves toward him, led by Padmy who appears to be older and sad.
1. What do you think this dream means? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write about a dream you or someone else you know had that seemed to have come true.
3. Do you think dreams mean anything in a person's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It seems as if Anakin has already embraced Qui-Gon's philosophy of following one's intuition at the time one's senses are alert to an opportunity.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think one should follow intuition even if it seems contrary to logic? Why or why not?
3. Write about a time when you followed intuition or didn't follow it and how the situation turned out.
Essay Topic 3
The emotional roller coaster of the day ends with the profound sorrow and sense of loss that Anakin feels about having to leave his mother behind, not knowing when he will see her again.
1. Do you think a mother who allows her seven year old son to leave home is a bad mother? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you might make a choice like Anakin's. Would you decide to leave you mother? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)