|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who controls the planet Tatooine?
2. Why do the Jedi take Jar Jar with them?
3. Who is Nute Gunray?
4. Why have Jar Jar and Qui-Gon left for the race track before Anakin?
5. Where are the Jedi going to get to the capital city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Watto order Anakin to do?
2. What conversation do Qui-Gon and Shmi have about Anakin?
3. What happens to Jar Jar when walking through the market?
4. What do Anakin and Padmy look at and talk about when they get to his house?
5. What does Anakin do when Qui-gon goes outside with Watto?
6. For what do Anakin and Qui-Gon bargain with Watto?
7. What do we find out about the history of the Sith in Chapter 10?
8. What happened when Anakin and his friends met an old space pilot? What did he tell them and what did Anakin think?
9. Why do the Jedi take Jar Jar with them?
10. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It seems as if Anakin has already embraced Qui-Gon's philosophy of following one's intuition at the time one's senses are alert to an opportunity.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think one should follow intuition even if it seems contrary to logic? Why or why not?
3. Write about a time when you followed intuition or didn't follow it and how the situation turned out.
Essay Topic 2
Yoda probes into the fatal flaw Anakin possesses - his susceptibility to fear. Yoda also crystallizes the reason that a Jedi must be completely free of fear when he proclaims that fear leads to the dark side, to anger and hate, and to suffering.
1. Do you think fear can be a harmful influence in a person's life? Why or why not?
2. Some say fear, not hate, is the opposite of love and that hate is simply the result of fear. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
3. It doesn't seem fair that Anakin can have so much going for him and is being judged for having fear, especially considering his age. Do you think Yoda is being petty? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anakin's mother has always known that her son is gifted, but she now exhibits a growing awareness that her son is not only gifted, but also special in a rare way.
1. Why do you think Anakin's mother believes he is very special? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think a parent can see the truth, good or bad, about their child? Why or why not?
3. If you had a gifted child what would you do to encourage that gift?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)