|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anakin Skywalker's home planet so hot?
2. Who is Obi-Wan?
3. Why doesn't Jar Jar live in Otoh Gunga?
4. What does Anakin find out when he examines the Podracer engine?
5. What does the old pilot tell Anakin and his friends about one of his trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qui-Gon think about the blockade around Naboo?
2. What does Watto order Anakin to do?
3. What kind of welcome do the three receive in the Gungan city and what does the head man offer?
4. What is one of the tricks of being a successful slave and what are Anakin's secrets?
5. How does Qui-Gon see Jar Jar and how does Obi-Wan feel about it?
6. Why does Anakin lose his race and what happens when he does?
7. What kind of deal does Qui-Gon make with Watto besides the one for the parts?
8. What are Nute Gunray's orders about the Queen and what happens to her?
9. Why do the Jedi take Jar Jar with them?
10. What does Anakin find out when he examines the engines of the Podracer and how does Watto usually like to get parts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yoda probes into the fatal flaw Anakin possesses - his susceptibility to fear. Yoda also crystallizes the reason that a Jedi must be completely free of fear when he proclaims that fear leads to the dark side, to anger and hate, and to suffering.
1. Do you think fear can be a harmful influence in a person's life? Why or why not?
2. Some say fear, not hate, is the opposite of love and that hate is simply the result of fear. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
3. It doesn't seem fair that Anakin can have so much going for him and is being judged for having fear, especially considering his age. Do you think Yoda is being petty? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Then Qui-Gon tells the Council about Anakin and suggests that this boy may be the prophesied one who will bring balance to the force.
1. Do you believe in fate or destiny? Why or why not?
2. Since it is common knowledge that Anakin becomes a dark force how do you think that coincides with the prophesy that he will bring balance to the force?
3. Do you think good has to be balanced with evil, light with dark? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
"In this life you're often born one thing and die another. You don't have to accept that what you're given when you come in is all you'll have when you leave."
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you want to be though you were not born that person?
3. What do you think you have to overcome in your life in order to leave the legacy you want?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)