|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anodos serve as to the knight in rusty armor as Anodos continues his new journey through the forest?
(a) Jousting opponent.
(c) A knight of equal rank.
2. How does Anodos feel in his new home beneath the ground?
3. What instrument does Anodos acquire from one of the dancers In the crimson hall as Anodos sings to make the white lady appear?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A harp.
(c) A lute.
(d) A harpsichord.
4. What is the condition of the shoreline on which Anodos stands after the rock walls close in on him?
5. What causes the pain Anodos feels as he vows to protect those he left behind?
(a) Someone is digging him up.
(b) He is still partly alive.
(c) His heart is breaking.
(d) Someone is being buried next to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Anodos enters the forest, how does he react to the young boy's warning?
2. What does Anodos see when he looks into the hole?
3. After Anodos leaves the tower and starts off on a new journey through the forest, what is the horse of the knight with the rusty armor pulling?
4. What happens when the rock walls of the hole close in around Anodos?
5. How does the king react to Anodos when the king finds out the results of the battle with the three giants?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anodos floats in the boat after he has thrown himself off the cliff into the water, what do the images he sees in the water show him?
2. What is Anodos ignoring about his part in the stories he reads?
3. What causes Anodos and the two brothers to be unprepared for battle when the three giants approach the tower?
4. In what way does the woman in the cottage on the island function as Anodos' mother?
5. As Anodos remains in the tower to which the knight has led him, what does Anodos' dream of returning home represent?
6. How does Anodos show maturity when he and the two brothers prepare to battle the three giants?
7. How will Anodos' battle with the two brothers he met inside the tower against the three giants help Anodos deal with the circumstances surrounding his father and brothers?
8. Although little is known about Anodos' family, what speculation can be made about Anodos' father and brothers after Anodos meets the two brothers inside the tower?
9. What does Anodos learn from entering the doors in the cottage on the island that helps him accept the love between the knight and the white lady?
10. How does Anodos demonstrate immaturity when he touches the white lady on her pedestal?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)