|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anodos see when a lightning bolt strikes?
(a) The Ash.
(b) A foot.
(c) A face.
(d) A flower.
2. When will Anodos make the discovery told to him by the small woman?
(a) Two days after his birthday.
(b) The day of his birthday.
(c) The day after his birthday.
(d) The day before his birthday.
3. How old is Anodos?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 31 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 21 years old.
4. What does the woman tell Anodos about the Ash tree?
(a) It is the only tree in the forest that is not harmful.
(b) Stay away from it.
(c) It is the source of the woodland sounds.
(d) It is invisisble during the day.
5. What is created by the flow from the wash basin in Anodos' room?
(a) A warm breeze.
(b) Fluffy clouds.
(c) A beach.
(d) A stream.
6. What is the young girl Anodos meets on the edge of the woods doing as she walks toward him?
(a) Warning him.
(d) Reciting poetry.
7. Why doesn't Anodos close the door to the room in the small windowless hut when the shadow comes out of the room?
(a) Something is restraining his arms.
(b) He wants to watch what happens.
(c) The door disappears.
(d) The door seems to be stuck.
8. What does the woman in the small windowless hut tell Anodos when he tries to open a door inside the hut?
(a) She tells him a story about a knight in rusty armor.
(b) She warns him not to open the door.
(c) She tells him a wish will be granted if he opens the door.
(d) She remains silent, simply staring at Anodos.
9. Who or what speaks to Anodos after the lightning bolt strikes?
(a) The Ash.
(b) A flame.
(c) A ghostly figure.
(d) A flower.
10. According to the small woman who appears, how is she related to Anodos?
(a) She tells him she is his grandmother.
(b) She tells him she is his godmother.
(c) She tells him she is his mother.
(d) She tells him she is his great-grandmother.
11. In relation to the day Anodos celebrated his birthday, on what day does the story begin?
(a) The day before his birthday.
(b) The day after his birthday.
(c) The day of his birthday.
(d) Two days after his birthday.
12. What unusual environment does Anodos see in his room?
13. What does Anodos read about in the book that was covering the window?
(a) Birds and insects.
14. How does Anodos try to locate the marble lady he has been pursuing through the wood?
(a) He sings.
(b) He recites the magic incantation.
(c) He burns incense.
(d) He spills the magic potion.
15. After the woman invites Anodos in for some food, what does she tell him that they have in common?
(a) They are both royalty.
(b) They are distant relatives.
(c) They are both part fairy.
(d) They are both visionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the magic come from that created this path for Anodos to follow?
2. Why does the knight leave Anodos?
3. What does Anodos see in the mist ahead of him?
4. In the story Anodos retells about women with wings, what determines the color of the women's wings?
5. What is the source of the story about women with wings that Anodos retells?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)