|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what other place did Anodos have the same feeling he has in the crimson hall?
(a) The knight's hut.
(b) The cave where he found the white lady.
(c) The ogre's hut.
(d) The farmhouse.
2. When Anodos swims in the basin -- above the water, he is in the basin, but where does he seem to be below the water?
(a) In a field of flower petals.
(b) In a river of pixie dust.
(c) In the air.
(d) In a sea.
3. Why does Anodos stop singing to make the white lady appear when he sees the musical instrument In the crimson hall?
(a) He needs to retrieve the instrument.
(b) He has lost his voice.
(c) He is startled by a high-pitched scream.
(d) He has given up trying to make the white lady appear.
4. How did the two brothers know that Anodos would join them to fight the three giants?
(a) A wise woman told them.
(b) They have been controlling Anodos' thoughts and movements since he entered Fairy Land.
(c) A wise man told them.
(d) They possess the gift of prophecy.
5. In the story Anodos retells about women with wings, what is the woman who finds a snowdrop flower looking for?
(a) A rare flower.
(b) The season of winter.
(c) The season of spring.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Anodos retells about women with wings, while the women have wings for appendages, what do the men have?
2. After Anodos leaves the king and reaches the edge of a forest, what does a young man warn Anodos about?
3. What happens to the two brothers in the battle with the three giants?
4. After Anodos learns about the inhabitants of the forest, what does he do?
5. What are the humans doing that Anodos sees as he continues his journey?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)