|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the footpath Anodos sees in his room?
(a) Next to the stream.
(b) Along the edge of the ocean.
(c) Through the tall grass.
(d) Across a bridge.
2. Why does the small woman visit Anodos?
(a) To settle a dispute from many years ago.
(b) To reveal a family secret.
(c) To grant him a wish.
(d) To give him a family heirloom.
3. What part of Anodos' bed is affected by the environment in his room?
(a) The frame.
(b) The canopy.
(c) The mattress.
(d) The headboard.
4. What does the small woman call Anodos?
(a) She calls him "son."
(b) She calls him by her deceased husband's name.
(c) She calls him "friend."
(d) She calls him Anodos.
5. How does Anodos awaken the stone maiden?
(a) He pours a magic potion on her.
(b) He recites an ancient incantation.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He sings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the flower fairies doing when Anodos sees them?
2. What conclusion does Anodos come to about the relationship of the young girl to the woman chopping vegetables?
3. Where does Anodos think the footpath must lead?
4. What does the young girl shout out about the Ash tree?
5. What feeling does Anodos have as he moves through the forest after seeing the flowers?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)