|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the woman and the young girl give information about the inhabitants of the forest to Anodos, what does the young girl tell him about the Ash tree?
(a) It will provide him with food and shelter.
(b) It is blocking his path home.
(c) It is the most dangerous when it is quiet.
(d) It has moved southward.
2. What piece of furniture does the structure resemble that Anodos finds as he continues on the path?
(a) A couch.
(b) A dresser.
(c) A secretary desk.
(d) A footstool.
3. What does Anodos remove with his knife from an image he finds as he explores his surroundings?
4. After Anodos learns about the inhabitants of the forest, what does he do?
(a) He finishes the book.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He asks for provisions.
(d) He sets off through the woods.
5. What is Anodos doing as he looks around his room at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Waking up.
(b) Watering his plants.
(d) Washing his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the small woman tell Anodos he will discover?
2. What are the flower fairies doing when Anodos sees them?
3. What is created by the flow from the wash basin in Anodos' room?
4. Where did the magic come from that created this path for Anodos to follow?
5. Through what does the path continue after the forest?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)