|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the small woman who appears, how is she related to Anodos?
(a) She tells him she is his great-grandmother.
(b) She tells him she is his godmother.
(c) She tells him she is his grandmother.
(d) She tells him she is his mother.
2. What is the young girl Anodos meets on the edge of the woods doing as she walks toward him?
(c) Warning him.
(d) Reciting poetry.
3. In relation to the day Anodos celebrated his birthday, on what day does the story begin?
(a) The day after his birthday.
(b) Two days after his birthday.
(c) The day before his birthday.
(d) The day of his birthday.
4. What causes the growth from Anodos' carpet in his room to move?
(a) Ocean waves.
(b) A breeze.
(c) Anodos' feet.
(d) A pond ripple.
5. What is peculiar about the flowers themselves that Anodos sees?
(a) The flowers have no fragrance.
(b) The flowers float in the air.
(c) The flowers hum.
(d) The flowers give off their own light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young girl shout out about the Ash tree?
2. What does Anodos see in the mist ahead of him?
3. What does the woman tell Anodos about the Ash tree?
4. What does Anodos discover when he examines the item that the keys open?
5. What feeling does Anodos have as he moves through the forest after seeing the flowers?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)