|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anodos acquire from the source of the woman's voice to defend himself against the Ash?
(a) A magic chant.
(b) A troop of fairies.
(c) A protective garland.
(d) A candle.
2. What does the small woman tell Anodos he will discover?
(a) The entrance to Fairy Land.
(b) A priceless piece of jewelry.
(c) A long-lost brother.
(d) The entrance to Fantasy World.
3. What is the young girl Anodos meets on the edge of the woods doing as she walks toward him?
(a) Warning him.
(c) Reciting poetry.
4. Where does the woman's voice come from?
(a) A beech tree.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) The Ash.
(d) An oak tree.
5. What do the keys open that Anodos receives as a birthday gift?
(a) A mysterious box.
(b) A secretary desk.
(c) A secret room.
(d) An iron gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Anodos' bed is affected by the environment in his room?
2. To what typical fairy-tale figure can the small woman be compared?
3. What is Anodos thinking about when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What flows from the wash basin in Anodos' room?
5. After Anodos meets the young girl, where does she go?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)