|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman's voice tell Anodos?
(a) The voice directs him through the forest.
(b) Don't be afraid.
(c) Go home.
(d) The voice tells him an incantation to use for protection.
2. What part of Anodos' bed is affected by the environment in his room?
(a) The headboard.
(b) The mattress.
(c) The frame.
(d) The canopy.
3. When will Anodos make the discovery told to him by the small woman?
(a) The day before his birthday.
(b) The day of his birthday.
(c) The day after his birthday.
(d) Two days after his birthday.
4. Why does the small woman visit Anodos?
(a) To reveal a family secret.
(b) To grant him a wish.
(c) To settle a dispute from many years ago.
(d) To give him a family heirloom.
5. Where is the footpath Anodos sees in his room?
(a) Across a bridge.
(b) Along the edge of the ocean.
(c) Next to the stream.
(d) Through the tall grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman tell Anodos about the Ash tree?
2. What does the small woman call Anodos?
3. What unusual environment does Anodos see in his room?
4. What are the flower fairies doing when Anodos sees them?
5. What thought comforts Anodos when he worries the Ash may be searching for him?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)