|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the footpath Anodos sees in his room?
(a) Along the edge of the ocean.
(b) Through the tall grass.
(c) Next to the stream.
(d) Across a bridge.
2. When Anodos feels a chill from the marble lady's touch, what does he believe caused the chill?
(a) Water that dripped on his head.
(b) The marble.
(c) The cool breeze.
(d) The damp cave.
3. What happens to Anodos' bed as his room changes?
(a) The frame is made of bamboo shoots.
(b) The headboard is made of white marble.
(c) Tree branches are the canopy.
(d) His mattress is now a waterbed.
4. Where does Anodos think the footpath must lead?
(a) To Fairy Land.
(b) To Fantasy World.
(c) To the house next door.
(d) To his long-lost brother.
5. After the woman and the young girl give information about the inhabitants of the forest to Anodos, what does the young girl tell him about the Ash tree?
(a) It will provide him with food and shelter.
(b) It is the most dangerous when it is quiet.
(c) It has moved southward.
(d) It is blocking his path home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young girl shout out about the Ash tree?
2. What does Anodos read about in the book that was covering the window?
3. What is growing from the carpet in Anodos' room?
4. How does Anodos try to locate the marble lady he has been pursuing through the wood?
5. What does Anodos remove with his knife from an image he finds as he explores his surroundings?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)