|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the pedestal of the figure in Anodos' dream when he finds the pedestal the next day?
(a) It has been removed.
(b) It is covered with a crimson curtain.
(c) It has been smashed.
(d) It is empty.
2. Where does the marble lady put Anodos for the Ash tree?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a cage.
(d) In a cave.
3. What is the source of the story about women with wings that Anodos retells?
(a) He made it up.
(b) It was passed down through Anodos' family.
(c) One of the fairies.
(d) A book.
4. What does the shadow affect when it sends out arm-like extensions?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The Maiden of the Alder.
(d) The Ash tree.
5. What does Anodos read about in the book that was covering the window?
(d) Birds and insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Anodos retells about women with wings, what happens to the woman who finds a snowdrop flower?
2. How does the crystal globe benefit the little girl who carries it?
3. What words are inscribed on the lamp that is surrounded by white marble statues in the crimson hall?
4. What conclusion does Anodos come to about the relationship of the young girl to the woman chopping vegetables?
5. In the story Anodos retells about women with wings, while the women have wings for appendages, what do the men have?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)