|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young girl shout out about the Ash tree?
(a) It is waking up.
(b) It is moving toward Anodos and the woman.
(c) It is falling over.
(d) It is dying.
2. In the story Anodos retells about women with wings, how do babies come into existence?
(a) Fairies bring them to the women.
(b) The same way as on Earth.
(c) The men carry and bear the babies.
(d) They are found by wandering maidens.
3. Why does the knight leave Anodos?
(a) Anodos insults the knight.
(b) The shadow touches the knight.
(c) The knight must hide when it is dark out.
(d) The knight sees a damsel in distress.
4. When Anodos meets the knight again, in what condition is the knight's armor?
(a) Less rusty than before.
(b) More rusty than before.
(c) There is no rust at all.
(d) The armor is hanging off the knight in pieces.
5. What does Anodos read about in the book that was covering the window?
(c) Birds and insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shadow affect when it sends out arm-like extensions?
2. Why does Anodos think he can't hear music in the Fairy Palace?
3. On the night Anodos walks the corridor of the crimson hall, what figure does he dream is on a pedestal in the hall?
4. As Anodos explores the woods, after he meets the young girl, what structure does he see?
5. What words are inscribed on the lamp that is surrounded by white marble statues in the crimson hall?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)